Quantcast Concerns over trip come true! Venting! - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

be very proud of yourself for walking away,,,, what a valuable life lesson you have taught your child....so many of us could learn by your example...... thankyou

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pdrlkr View Post
    It was not that crowded. Only about a 5 min. wait for a table. But I wasn't about get up after already sitting down.
    It doesn't matter to me. No matter how long I'm stood there. If I have food and there are selfish people sat at tables guarding I get frustrated. IMO it's selfish behaviour.

And that's a big but by the way
    Only an utter cretin would choose to fight over the issue. Violence in this situation is ludicrous.

I respect your control under such provocation.
    I'm sorry to hear that you were upset by such a fool.
    Last edited by Rodders; 09-04-2007 at 04:55 AM. Reason: The software deleted my spaces
    Past trips
    1980 - DisneyWorld somewhere ;)
    2000 - Disney's All Stars
    2005 - Honeymoon @ POP Century
    2008 - POFQ

Man I need to get there more often

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by jillluvsdisney View Post
    What was a CM and a manager at French Quarter supposed to do about the situation you experienced in AK?
    The CM was from AK. We also spoke with the manager at POFQ because nothing was done at AK.
    șoș David, Lisa, Aaron and Allison
    98-PO
    00-CB & ASMo
    01-Swan
    02-CS
    03-POR
    04-POP
    05-PO / CR
    07-PO / CR
    08-ASMu
    09-AKL
    10-CR, CS & PP DL
    11-NB DLP & SSR
    12-BLT & BLT
    13-GC DL & BLT
    15-Aulani & BLT
    16-ASMu & GC DL
    17-BWI, THV, CSR, BLT
    18-BLT, OKW, OKW, CBR, GF & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by SandmanGStefani24 View Post
    man, I'm so sorry! Sometimes us real men get into situations with boys in adult bodies who think fights solve everything. I am an ameteur boxer, and have knocked out every person I've fought, and EVEN I KNOW that fighting outside the ring solves nothing! I am pretty laid back on purpose, because I don't want to start anything, and even more so on vacation. I had a run in or two on a couple of vacations, but I just always let them go. I don't need to teach anyone lessons, it's MY vacation, and I don't want to waste any time on anyone else. I would have let the loser have the table, and gone about my vacation. Would have that been the right thing to do? No, he didn't deserve it, but it's better to sometimes let things go to avoid problems. That's what I would have done, since if I knock out someone in the ring, I get applause. I I knock out someone outside the ring, I get handcuffs. Let it go, and save the stress for everyday life. Hope next visit goes better!
    I would have let him the table if there was a question on whose table it was. But, the group sitting said my daughter was there before him.
    98-PO
    00-CB & ASMo
    01-Swan
    02-CS
    03-POR
    04-POP
    05-PO / CR
    07-PO / CR
    08-ASMu
    09-AKL
    10-CR, CS & PP DL
    11-NB DLP & SSR
    12-BLT & BLT
    13-GC DL & BLT
    15-Aulani & BLT
    16-ASMu & GC DL
    17-BWI, THV, CSR, BLT

Post Thanks / Like

First of all, I can't believe this happened! That guy was completely out of hand. I'm sure you just wanted to get as far away from the situation as possible but if he were following me I would've went directly to a CM to report the behavior.

As far as guarding tables goes... I have never seen this as selfish behavior, I actually think it's practical. We do this at fast food joints at home and we do it at CS places at Disney. If you are a party of one I guess it can be frustrating but if you have at least one other person then they can go find a table to save. It just makes sense. Why would you want to wander around with your whole party looking for seats as your food gets cold? I see nothing wrong in your daughter claiming a table for you.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by T-Belle View Post
    WOW!!! How horrible!! But Kudos to you for keeping a cool head! I can think of many ways that this situation could have gone terribly and perhaps tragically wrong.
    I agree. well done on taking the high road.
    Disneyland: many, MANY times!
    WDW:POR POFQ BWV WLV ASMu POLY

Am I a huge disney fan? YOU BETCHA! I blame it all on my parents! They are the one's that walked around Disneyland all day to induce labor! Yep, I've been going to Disneyland since the day before I was born!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PirateLover View Post
    Why would you want to wander around with your whole party looking for seats as your food gets cold?
    My point exactly. Why would I want to pay for food that's cold by the time I find a table that isn't being hogged by people guarding tables?

IMO This is selfish behaviour. When more people take this approach it becomes more difficult not to do the same. I don't do it because I couldn't stand watching people wander round with food going cold whilst I prevent them from taking a table that I don't actually need for another few minutes. My usual response to people who do this is to say to them "Hey, thanks for helping my food to go cold". It's the "I'm all right Jack" attitude and I find it annoying.

Having said that I do feel the need to re-iterate that this persons reaction is totally un-acceptable. Threats of violence serve no purpose whatsoever.
    Past trips
    1980 - DisneyWorld somewhere ;)
    2000 - Disney's All Stars
    2005 - Honeymoon @ POP Century
    2008 - POFQ

Man I need to get there more often

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry you didn't enjoy your trip.

I've never thought of sitting at an empty table while waiting for my spouse to bring the food as being rude in any way. Nor do I think it is rude when I see other people seated at a table while 1 or 2 members of their party gather the food for all members of the group.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Default Too bad it's time for intervention

I'm so sorry this happened to you.

When considering the most stressful, non regulated situations encountered at WDW, finding a seat/table at a restaurant ranks right next to finding a spot to view a parade.

For some reason these two activities bring out the worst in people.

Knowing that,I would hope WDW would attempt to reduce the stress of these events and try to regulate how patrons obtain tables during high peak times in restaurants. Otherwise what you have described may happen more frequently in the future as the crowds grow in proportion to the restaurants available.

Too bad it also affected the rest of your vacation.
    2001 - Wilderness Lodge
    2003 - CBR
    2004 - POR/AKL
    2005 - POR
    2006 - AKL

2007 - Saratoga Springs
    2007 - Poly
    Feb 2008 - AKL

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, I am so sorry you had to go through that! I applaud you for keeping your cool though!

I think as soon as I figured out that the guy was following me I would’ve went to a CM and asked them to call security. You (or anybody else) don’t need to be stalked on their vacation!
    șOș șOș șOș șOș șOș șOș șOș șOș șOș șOș
    Amber

62 Miles from the Magic!!!!

Stayed at: All Stars Sports, Music and Movies; Dixie Landings; Port Orleans; Pop Century; Yacht Club

Post Thanks / Like

WHAT A JERK!! You are a better person than I because I would have told him off and then found a CM.
    1988 Family Trip as a kid (offsite)
    1989-Family Trip (First time at MGM)
    2001-Daytrip
    2003-Trip with Friends (First time AK)
    2005-Sept 25-30-POP Century
    2006-Sept 25-Oct 1- All Star Music
    2007-Sept 9-17-All Star Music
    2008-closing of PI only
    2009-May 21-22 Disneyland/DCA

Post Thanks / Like

what a (put any bad word here!!)
    i cant believe that..
    but go you for holding your ground and all that..
    me personally..my mouth gets me in trouble..i probably would of told the man off!...lol but thats just me...
    some people are just crazy!!
    im just glad he didnt try swinging at you..and that there was no physical fight!
    *bRiTTaNy*
    35 trips to WDW already...
    May 2012 - Daughters first trip - one bedroom Villa at Wilderness Lodge
    Sept 2012 - Pirate room at CBR
    Dec 2014 - SSR -second daughters first trip and my older daughters 5th Birthday!!

Post Thanks / Like

We are all in danger of running into someone like this guy when we are out in the world. He obviously had some other issues going on that had nothing to do with that table. I am just sorry that it had to happen to you in the middle of a WDW trip. We all know how much we put into dreaming and planning our trips to maximize fun with family and friends. It is too bad when reality has to invade a trip like it did yours. But I think you handled it better than most people would have in the same situation.

And I have to also add that it is very common and I think acceptable behavior that part of the group gets in line to get food while the other part tries to score a table. I don't see how grabbing a table that is being vacated is in any way rude. As long as you don't swoop in and take a table from someone else that was already waiting for it, then it seems like pretty standard operating procedure to me.
    Donna
    Intercot Staff

My father's name was Ferdinand, my mama's name was Liza, they didn't know what to call me so they called me Ferdiliza!
    Billy Hill and the Hillbillies - "I'm OK!"

Please support INTERCOT'S wonderful sponsers!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ChipnDaleGal View Post
    And I have to also add that it is very common and I think acceptable behavior that part of the group gets in line to get food while the other part tries to score a table. I don't see how grabbing a table that is being vacated is in any way rude. As long as you don't swoop in and take a table from someone else that was already waiting for it, then it seems like pretty standard operating procedure to me.
    THANK YOU!
    98-PO
    00-CB & ASMo
    01-Swan
    02-CS
    03-POR
    04-POP
    05-PO / CR
    07-PO / CR
    08-ASMu
    09-AKL
    10-CR, CS & PP DL
    11-NB DLP & SSR
    12-BLT & BLT
    13-GC DL & BLT
    15-Aulani & BLT
    16-ASMu & GC DL
    17-BWI, THV, CSR, BLT

Post Thanks / Like

I am so sorry this had to happen to you and your family on your trip. I would have been so scared if that guy had started following me around the park I don't know how you were able to keep your cool! Good for you that you were able to set a positive example for your children and others around you!

I hope you will be able to post about the rest of your vacation soon. Even though this was a serious downer I am sure the entire trip wasn't a bust!
    ~Nikki~
    Last Trip: February 2024
    Next Trips: April 2024

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneydeb View Post
    I'm proud of you for keeping a cool head.

Really? DId you miss the part about telling the other guy to "grow up" calling him a "moron," telling him to go on with his vacation, etc and basically just snatching the table because the poster felt that it belonged to him/her?

As is usually the case, disturbances are hardly ever one sided. Both sides in this issue seemed to exacerbate the situation. Something as simple as "how about we share the table" may have gone a long way.

Post Thanks / Like

It's truly amazing how horrible people can be, especially to children, and at the happiest place on earth.

Kudos to you on keeping a cool head <-- that's you, Mr. Cool.

People can just be so cruel, your poor daughter. I know back in the day, when power rangers were the hot item, some man ripped 2 of the figures out of my brother's (then 8 year old) hands and my mom found him in the store corner, crying. People can be such (insert language not appropriate for children)!

I hope you enjoyed part of your vacation.

P.S. I totally misread when you called the guy a moron--I thought you said Mormon, and I got all confused..hahah silly me!

Post Thanks / Like

Moderator Alert!!

In reading through all of this thread this morning, I think the tone in several posts is just a little nasty. If this continues it may cause the whole thread to be closed down. We just do not allow members to flame on others, so please chose your words carefully or refrain from posting.

One of our members had a bad experience, and setting the whole "table rules issue" aside, the other man seemed to want to get physical and went so far as to follow the OP and his family into the parks. Scary behavior no matter how you look at it. Heat, humidity and long hours of endless walking do cause tempers to flare, but stalking other guests to fight is never right. I think pdrlkr was just looking for a little understanding from us that he and his family had an unmagical event damage their vacation.

If the discussion can remail civil, it may continue. Thank you.
    Donna
    Intercot Staff

My father's name was Ferdinand, my mama's name was Liza, they didn't know what to call me so they called me Ferdiliza!
    Billy Hill and the Hillbillies - "I'm OK!"

Please support INTERCOT'S wonderful sponsers!

pogo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ChipnDaleGal View Post
    I think pdrlkr was just looking for a little understanding from us that he and his family had an unmagical event damage their vacation.
    You are exactly right....... but I'm afraid I'll have to accept the blame for this whole incident !

I'm sorry I couldn't talk you into allowing my family to take your place. If so..... this whole nasty experience wouldn't have happened to you and your family, my friend.

But seriously David....... These same things can happen any where in the world, not just WDW. People have issues and this person had a lot of them.

Please don't judge WDW based on this person. You were very strong in the way you handled the situation and I for one applaud you.

Keep smiling and start planning your next trip and remember.... I'm always here to take it for you the next time.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by pogo View Post
    Please don't judge WDW based on this person.
    We still love WDW and don't blame them for this persons actions. We did have some Magical moments on our vacation (The Dream Team gave us all Ears at Star Tours). I am looking forward to planning another trip although have no idea when at this point. And I don't blame you Pogo.
    98-PO
    00-CB & ASMo
    01-Swan
    02-CS
    03-POR
    04-POP
    05-PO / CR
    07-PO / CR
    08-ASMu
    09-AKL
    10-CR, CS & PP DL