Quantcast "Future Stay" Discount Returns for Guests Vacationing 8/31/07 - 9/28/07 - Page 4

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy

Well I am batting zero on getting a response to my phone calls, and emails concerning this mystery promotion. I called again today and was directed to send another email to different email address. I just sent it off a few minutes ago, we will see what response I get, and I will be more than happy to fill you all in on what I hear. What bothers me the most is that I have called the resort manager 4 times and still have not gotten a phone call back. Each time I have called they are in a meeting and they will give a message for someone to call me back. So any way, once I hear something I will let you all know.
    Carol Ann
    Mom Mom to 2 little China dolls
    Lucy Rae & Mia Lee

CSR - Nov 29th to Dec 5th

POP - Sept 19th to 26th, 2008

OKW - Aug 26th - Sept. 1st, 2007
    P&P Party August 31st, 2007

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I went with a group of 17 from my family... between us we had 5 rooms. NOT ONE of our rooms had recieved a flyer by checkout day. I asked the front desk after we turned in our luggage for the day. They gave us a flyer they had there and we called and booked our next years trip... well 10 of us did. The CM we spoke to told us that anyone in our party had until 10:00 pm the night of checkout to book the trip. We were also told we could get one room per adult. We had 10 adults this trip so we could get 10 rooms next trip. Everyone booked in the room gets the free dining regardless of weather or not they were here this trip.

We booked our trip next year for September 12-22nd. 7 adults and 3 kids (so far) and we have 3 rooms. We did the delux dining plan as well.

~Cheryl~

2x's as a child, 2003 - Music, 2005 - Pop, 2007 - Music (Sept.), 2007- Movies (SSW), 2008-Movies, 2008 - Movies (Nov), 2009 - Movies (June)

2010- March - not booked but going for youngests 7th birthday!!

LAFITTE, LA, UNITED STATES( 674 MILES AWAY)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crow View Post
    Ill be at Pop tomorrow morning for my stay so will see what they offer. interested in the prices to compare if i can do better w AP n DDE....(probably)
    Ive done the math, unless you are staying in a deluxe resort the free dining is a great deal, to give you an example for this year the AP discount for a value was $18 per night, dining was $35 per adult and $10 per kid, so we had 2 adults and 2 kids so the dining plan would have cost us about $90 per night versus a $18 AP discount on the room, and the AP discount on mods was about $50 per night, so if you have more than one adult in a room the free dining is the better deal, it really depends on how many people are in the room but free dining is tough to beat
    Jimmy

Co-Host: The Disney Nerds Podcast

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Well it worked

Hey All,

After a few weeks of being persistent, it has paid off. I sent an email to Disney explaining what had transpired of not being offered the "future stay promotion." I sent the email on Sept. 24th, and I got a phone call today. Let me just say, my wish was granted. I had to choose a different resort than where we were originally, but I got the free dining, and park passes, and everything else I wanted. So we are set for next year. Next year will be our last trip for a while since my 4 year old will start school the year after. So next year we will celebrate both girls birthdays while we are there, and our 20th wedding anniversary. So that will be a trip to look forward to for sure. I was told that the Disney promotional TV chanels were playing this special every 26 minutes. We never saw it, and believe me it was on all the time! So if any of you want specifics, just PM me.
    Carol Ann
    Mom Mom to 2 little China dolls
    Lucy Rae & Mia Lee

CSR - Nov 29th to Dec 5th

POP - Sept 19th to 26th, 2008

OKW - Aug 26th - Sept. 1st, 2007
    P&P Party August 31st, 2007

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KAJUNKING View Post
    Ive done the math, unless you are staying in a deluxe resort the free dining is a great deal, to give you an example for this year the AP discount for a value was $18 per night, dining was $35 per adult and $10 per kid, so we had 2 adults and 2 kids so the dining plan would have cost us about $90 per night versus a $18 AP discount on the room, and the AP discount on mods was about $50 per night, so if you have more than one adult in a room the free dining is the better deal, it really depends on how many people are in the room but free dining is tough to beat
    I'll second KajunKing. DW , DD6 and I stayed at the Pop at a $79 rate (full rate for this time of year). The cost of the dining plan was more per day than the room rate, so free dining beat any room discount we could get.

It's not as good a deal next year since tip is no longer included (and that could easily run $10 - $15 per day) and no appetizer (however, that's only a concern at the non-buffet places and realistically, one appetizer split amongst the family would probably be enough anyway). Even so, we've booked for next September with free dining again.

I want to give a big to all you Intercotees who posted the info online (especially Ariel03 who was kind enough to post a picture of the flyer). There was absolutely nothing about it in our rooms or in the resort in general. We would have never had known about it if it wasn't for you all.
    I'm no fool, no siree, I'm going to live to be 103. I play safe for you and me, cause I'm no fool."

POP - 09/07
    POP - 09/08
    SSR - 09/09

Next Trip
    Breaking the pattern this year and doing AllStar Movies Dec 11-18, 2010

Post Thanks / Like

We just got back on Sunday and we had a paper in our room about the bounceback program. You had to call a number extention by 9-28.
    Yes, you could book any amount of days up to 14 accordning to the CM my husband booked through. We did have to pay the $200 deposit. We requested 7 days and nights with free dining in a preferred room at the Pop Century. The great part was that even though we booked through Disney, we were able to give credit to Magical Journeys. Nanci was so great helping us with our current trip and they said that they could give her the credit for the bounceback trip as well!

Post Thanks / Like

We arrived on the 27th and booked that night. I was able to book 2 rooms (one for my family and the other for my sis & hers), since we had 2adults. But now I'm not so sure if the my older son (2nd adult) will want to go next year. So if I have to take his name off, not sure how this will work out...
    Offsite...(12/97 & 10/99)
    DL...(10/02 & 5/05)
    CBR/Disney Wonder 2004, AllStar Music 2004, AKL 2006, POP 2006, POP 2007, Poly 2007, BWI 2007, WL 2008, CSR 2009, Poly 2009, CBR 2010, AKL 2011...

Post Thanks / Like

Okay, we're back. We got the offer in our room but we didn't bite. I never want to go back that time of year again. Loved the DDP though. Might pay for it next time. Looking at December 2008... Working on trip reports now!
    Upcoming:
    October 2013
    8 nights at Pop Century with Free Dining to celebrate DS turning 4 years old!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyrella View Post
    I was told that the Disney promotional TV chanels were playing this special every 26 minutes. We never saw it, and believe me it was on all the time!
    We just returned on the 30th from the CBR. If I would not have heard on Intercot I would have never know about the promotion either. (Thanks Intercot!!) There were no flyers in our room. At checkin I asked about the bounceback program and the lady at the desk was very very vague. I ended up talking with the concierge desk and got the number with the code to book. I did also watch the resort channel and the only thing I ever saw was a spot where it said something to the effect of Disney has cooked up something special. It was not very specific so I am assuming that is what they are talking about. And quite honestly we have never booked another stay while on vacation so if I had never known about the special I would have totally ignored that piece. It was really weird trying to get info from anyone, it's like you had to have a special handshake or something. Very peculiar.
    Next Trip: POP Century...September 16th to September 26th!

Post Thanks / Like

We just returned from our trip that began on 9/29. We stayed at POR and a flyer was left in our room on the 30th. Unfortunately, we decided that we would not take advantage of it. After going for the past 6 years, we felt we needed a break. Of course, in a year we will probably feel differently and regret our decision!!
    '86,'87,'92 - Offsite
    '93 - Disneyland Hotel
    '95 - Disneyland Hotel - Honeymoon
    '01 - Fort Wilderness Cabins - MVMCP
    '03 - Wilderness Lodge
    '03 - Caribbean Beach
    '04 - POR
    '05 - POR/Polynesian - SW Weekends
    '06 - Polynesian - MNSSHP
    '07 - POR - MNSSHP
    '09 - Grand Floridian

Post Thanks / Like

We were at the Beach Club 9-25 - 9/30 and I there was nothing left in our room in regards to the bounceback offer.
    Jeri Lynn

Fantasy 9/18 Dream 5/16 Fantasy 9/15 Wonder 10/14 Dream BCV ~ 12/09, BC ~9/18, 12/17 10/15 10/12 11/11 10/10 10/08, 11/07, 9/07, 11/06, 9/06, 12/05, 12/04, 9/04, 9/03, 9/02, 9/01, 12/2000, 9/99
    YC 9/16
    AKL 12/05, 9/05, 11/13
    DXL 9/98
    CBR 9/96
    DXL 5/93
    Off-site 1984, 1908

Post Thanks / Like

We got back on Sept 29 and would not have heard of Bounceback had it not been for Intercot. Thanks.

I called the front desk at our hotel and was informed that to qualify, next year our stay must to be completed by Sept 27. This is contra to the info above, which states the stay can begin on Sept 27. I'm guessing the post above has it right.

Just not sure we're ready to sign on for another weeklong cavalcade of full meals. It's taking my body weeks to recover. Yes, I've discovered I lack the discipline to turn down even one course of delicious, free food. Doing so runs contrary to my survival instinct, as well as to my love of all things free and tasty.
    "Good evening ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls. In just five minutes...."

Post Thanks / Like

We got back from POR on the 28th. We did go ahead and book the deal, although I'm not sure we'll go. I figure we can always cancel. I really want to go back next year, but hubby is ready to go somewhere else. I booked it on the chance we can convince him otherwise.
    Rebecca
    mom of Jenna (Cindewella) & Lucy (Sleepingbooty)

Next visit: September 2010, Caribbean Beach Resort

Post Thanks / Like

I got a flyer in my room at POFQ when I stayed from 9/26 - 10/3/07. I knew about it from here before I went as well so I went prepared to book for next year. I booked All Star Sports from 9/20 - 9/28/08!!! I even extended our length of stay. First trip was 6 days, then went up to 8 days for the last two times and now am up to 9 days.
    Sept 2005 - All Star Movies
    Sept 2006 - Pop Century!
    Sept 2007 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    Sept 2008 - All Star Sports
    Dec 2008 - All Star Music
    Aug 2009 - Coronado Springs
    Dec 2009 - All Star Music
    Aug 2010 - Port Orleans Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MouseHouser View Post
    I called the front desk at our hotel and was informed that to qualify, next year our stay must to be completed by Sept 27. This is contra to the info above, which states the stay can begin on Sept 27. I'm guessing the post above has it right.
    We booked for next year from Sept. 27 - Oct. 4 for the free dining. We confirmed with our reservations agent at WDW it just has to begin by Sept. 27th.

At this point, things are up in the air so we may have to eventually cancel. However, we had such a good time this last trip and it's such a savings with free dining that we decided better to book it and have to cancel then wait and be unable to afford to go or pay several hundred more if we are able to do it.
    I'm no fool, no siree, I'm going to live to be 103. I play safe for you and me, cause I'm no fool."

POP - 09/07
    POP - 09/08
    SSR - 09/09

Next Trip
    Breaking the pattern this year and doing AllStar Movies Dec 11-18, 2010

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: