Quantcast Keeping up with the theme.. Favorite Restroom! - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Love this post! I love the WDW bathrooms- sad I know (my family makes fun of me alot about this). Anyway I have a few different bathrooms that I really like. So here is my top seven bathrooms around the World.

#7- By the Plaza Rest. not very well themed but always fairly quiet

#6- Outside Pirates store- fairly tucked away and quiet

#5- The bathrooms in the lobby at PR (great with the chain flush)

#4- Outside Splash- always busy- but love the music.

#3-Discovered this my last trip- The bathrooms just outside the Festival of the Lion King show. Love the logs up the walls!

#2- The bathrooms inside Columbia Harbour House- I like the themeing- as well that this bathroom is actually physically located in Fantasyland rather then in Liberty Square (take the Keys to the Kingdom tour- if you don't know what I am talking about)

#1- any of the bathrooms at the Y&B (love the marble work- very deluxe)
    "Tomorrow's child... seeing that knowledge keeps growing"
    Over 20 WDW trips and counting.
    Resorts stayed at: The Disney Inn, Swan, POR, CS, YC, CB, Contemp., Poly, GF, SSR

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

the bathroom behind journey into your imagination is always empty. we go out of our way to get to it sometimes!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by malz288 View Post
    the bathroom behind journey into your imagination is always empty. we go out of our way to get to it sometimes!
    Hmm.. I may have to look for this one. I'm not sure I've been there... wait... I have! Nevermind!

I've always wondered something...
    Unless they've changed things recently... Why is that the Epcot toilets have/had the handles you have to push (I remember quite clearing they had them in the ones at the UK pavilion)? Its the Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow... wouldn't the bathrooms be more modern? Am I thinking of WAY long ago, or are they still like that?
    Morgan- DVC, AP, Perfect Princess, Married at Disney
    Off-site * POFQ * ASMu * POR * FW * BWI/V * Dolphin * AKL-Jambo/Kidani * WL * ASSp * Swan * POP * CBR * OKW * CSR * ASMo * BLT * SSR * AoA * DCL-Platinum * DLParis * DLR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheRustyScupper View Post
    The nearest one.
    I agree. If I need to use a restroom, I'm searching for the closest one.

But I have noticed the bathrooms near Pirates of the Caribbean are somewhat hidden and seemingly almost empty.
    The poster formerly known as Disney_nut

Last Trip: 5/11 -- Swan

Next Trip: 10/11 -- Port Orleans - Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks to this thread, for some reason I had a nightmare of overflowing and dirty potties last night. Luckily I wasn't dreaming I was in WDW or I would have woken up a little more disappointed.
    VMK: RoyalRoseBlue

10 trips before 2000
    2000 - All Star Sports (Senior Trip)
    2001 - CP CM @ CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Default Nature Boy

I like the bushes outside Canada!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Marker View Post
    Ok, maybe it's just me, but I'm going to have to say that I find it somewhat odd that people have favorite restrooms. Frankly, I guess I just don't pay that much attention to the decor of the restrooms. Sure, I'll notice if they're clean or not, or if they are well maintained.

I'd have to say that my favorite is the one that's closest when the need arrives. But that's just me.

.... so do you have "must do" restrooms, and wait for those? And if you are near one of the favorites, do you go in regardless of whether there is a need or not? I can hear it now, "hey come on, there's no line for Space Mountain", "Hold on, I love this restroom, I gotta go hang out in there for a while".

Oh my gosh, that was hilarious! I was laughing out loud when I read this!

The whole time I'm reading all of these posts, I'm thinking, yeah I liked the one in the ESPN Zone, & yeah I think the one in Pop's lobby is always clean & bright, & yeah the WL was nice I think, at least the lobby was. But actually remembering anything about the restrooms, not so much. I think I would remember more if it was a bad experience, dirty, nasty, etc. I'm guess I'm thinking - gota go & we've got 5 minutes left in our return time window for FF for SplM!

But this was very interesting! I bet I'll pay more attention to those pit stops on our next trip!

Thanks for sharing!
    Shari
    -"There's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow..."

'02 - All Star Movies
    '04, '05, '06, '10, '11, '16, '19, '21 - Pop Century

'08 - Offsite/Pop Century
    '13, '21 - Offsite
    '17 - Port Orleans/French Quarter!

Post Thanks / Like

As someone with a chronic intestinal disease, I have spent many emergency visits in public restrooms. For those of us with such problems, you DO end up having favorite restrooms. It's often hard to find bathrooms that don't seem like part of the third world, and Disney is the exception.

The public lobby restrooms of POFQ are great - clean, un-requnted, antique toilets to boot!
    '85-Disney Village Hilton; '87-Poly; '88-Day Trip-Disneyland; '89-GF; '94-GF; '97-ASMu; '98-Dixielandings; '02-CBR; '03-Offsite; '03-ASMo; '04-WL; '04-Offsite; '05-POFQ; '06-POFQ; '08-POP; '09-POP; '11-POP; '13-Day Trip-HS; Up next: Oct. '14-Day Trip-MK

Post Thanks / Like

I would say most restrooms are clean and nice in WDW. I don't think I have a favorite.

Unfortunately, I believe that I may have possibly found the most vile bathroom in WDW. On my last visit in Nov of 06 I went to use the restroom In Morocco in EPCOT. This bathroom was a wreck by bus station standards let alone by Disney's. It was a mess the toilet and seat were loose. The toilet had seen better days, and the seat actually had burn marks all over it.

If anyone is out that way swing into the mens room and let me know if they have fixed it.
    Offero

81, 82, 84, 85, 87, 90 - Disneyland (Off Site)
    83 - Offsite
    95 - Offsite
    00 - Kissimmee
    03 - Pop Music
    06 - Port Orleans/ Cruise

"The crowd which follows me with admiration, would run with the same eagerness were I marching to the Guillotine."
    Napoleon Bonaparte

Post Thanks / Like

The ones on the Fort of Tom Sawyer Island. They blend in so well with the scenery they're hard to spot. Meaning they're nearly always empty and clean!

I also like the one near Crystal Palace. Last time I was the only one in there, since it's a bit off the beaten track.
    *Cindy

Sep20 - Yacht Club
    Sep19 - WL Villas
    Sep18 - Contemporary
    Oct17 - Offsite
    Sep16 - POFQ
    Sep15 - Poly
    Sep14 - Disneyland
    Sep13 - Beach Club
    Oct11 - POR
    Sep10 - CBR
    Sep09 - POP
    Sep08 - WL Villas
    Sep07 - POR
    Feb95 - WL
    Jun90 - GF
    Aug86 - Big Red Boat

Plus Disneyland (x3) and Offsite (x5)

Post Thanks / Like

I love this topic!

I have a couple of favourites...the ones by the Tower of Terror...on the outside they look creepy, but inside I find a clean, quiet, and lovely air-conditioned rest room!

I also agree that the lobby ones at Port Orleans are great...love the theme!
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

I'm omitting all resort and restaurant bathrooms because for me, the best bathrooms are those which I can take care of business and immediately be back in business!

That being said...two stand out.

1.) The restrooms in the closed Skyway building in Tomorrowland. Easily the least crowded in the park.

2.) The restrooms in the walkway between Adventureland and Frontierland. These are my two favorite lands in MK so this one is a no brainer.
    "And Kelp...
    Seaweed...
    Kelp..."

HORIZONS (R.I.P.)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ibelieveindisneymagic View Post
    I love this topic!

I have a couple of favourites...the ones by the Tower of Terror...on the outside they look creepy, but inside I find a clean, quiet, and lovely air-conditioned rest room!

I also agree that the lobby ones at Port Orleans are great...love the theme!
    If I'm thinking right, you're referring to the RR found across from the ToT FP machines? Right on the corner there on the right as you turn to ride ToT? If you are, you must have been there on a slow day, because I've always had to wait in line! I'll need to start using the ones near RnRC.

The one to the left of the Great Movie Ride, on the back side of the old Sounds Dangerous theater is very large and I've never met a line. I like that one too!
    Morgan- DVC, AP, Perfect Princess, Married at Disney
    Off-site * POFQ * ASMu * POR * FW * BWI/V * Dolphin * AKL-Jambo/Kidani * WL * ASSp * Swan * POP * CBR * OKW * CSR * ASMo * BLT * SSR * AoA * DCL-Platinum * DLParis * DLR

Post Thanks / Like

My favorite public restroom anywhere are the ones in the Bellagio in Las Vegas...Warm water comes out of the tap automatically!

But, that is definitely off-topic for this thread.

My favorite restrooms at WDW are the ones outside Pinnochio's Village Haus in Fantasyland. No reason except for the fact that they are marked Prince and Princess instead of Ladies and Men and I'll never forget the day I was taking my 7 year old DS to the restroom and he was morally offended to be taken into the Princess bathroom. He was actually shouting "I AM NOT A PRINCESS!!!!!"
    Have a Magical Day!

Post Thanks / Like

1-Boardwalk lobby (love the vanilla soap)
    2-Jiko restroom (pretty glass door)
    3-Beside of Trail's End at Ft. Wilderness (recently refurbished, love the piped in frontier music)
    Anyone can cook!

Post Thanks / Like

MK - The one to the left of Town Square just after entering through the tunnels. The old Skyway Station in Tomorrowland. The one at the exit to Splash Mountain.

Epcot - The Odyssey building. The bathroom on the backside of the Imagination building.

MGM - The one half way down towards ToT and RnR Coaster.
    Next WDW Trip: July 13 - 22, 2016 Wilderness Lodge

"There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow shining at the end of every day!"

"Let's Don't be Silly..." - The Mad Hatter

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: