Quantcast Anyone been in January for Martin Luther King weekend?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Anyone been in January for Martin Luther King weekend?

Hello again, We have now scheduled our trip for Jan 19, 2008 after changing our dates twice based on crowd levels. I had read January was a low crowd time, but since I have read threads concerning me about Martin Luther King weekend. We are arriving Sat Jan 19th and MLK day is Mon. Jan 21st. It is our only weekend available in January. I know the locals will be out this weekend, but was wondering if anyone has visited during this weekend and what the crowds and wait times were like. Thanks.

caubert

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm wondering the same thing, so I hope you get some replies!
    Have a Magical Day!

Post Thanks / Like

It's not Xmas or 4th of July crowds, but it can be pretty crowded. I remember lines for Soarin' approaching 90 minutes standby, etc. Lines didn't seem to be any better than regular holiday time.

Anytime schools are out it's crowded at WDW.

Post Thanks / Like

We were there during MLK weekend this January and the crowds increased quite a lot. We went to Animal Kingdom park and it was soooo busy. They were not giving out any more fast passes for EE or a couple of other rides. Waits were getting very long. I suggest you plan to do another park during this time.
    Have fun!
    Benny
    New Zealand

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by benny View Post
    We were there during MLK weekend this January and the crowds increased quite a lot. We went to Animal Kingdom park and it was soooo busy. They were not giving out any more fast passes for EE or a couple of other rides. Waits were getting very long. I suggest you plan to do another park during this time.
    Have fun!
    hey we were there in january too! went to AK on saturday i had to get out of there as the crowds were unbareable and i have no problem with crowds! this year MLK is on monday the day we start our cruise and will be in the parks on friday the 25th. should be great! "gotta love"
    WDW79, DL 81,82,83,91, WDW "2006 on site WDW "2007" off site WDW "2008" cruise 4days WDW "2008" off site 7days, "2009" off site 7 full days 7/21 to 7/29 "whos counting"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by realtreebar View Post
    hey we were there in january too! went to AK on saturday i had to get out of there as the crowds were unbareable and i have no problem with crowds! this year MLK is on monday the day we start our cruise and will be in the parks on friday the 25th. should be great! "gotta love"
    We tried to stay but in the end we were achieving nothing and decided to leave as we were just getting 'ratty'. We are planning a trip back December next year so will hopefully have better luck at AK then!

I wish you well for your next trip.

Jenny
    Benny
    New Zealand

Post Thanks / Like

We went during this time a few years ago.MLK weekend was HORRIBLE at MK. We left the park early because the lines were very long.(45 min wait on average.We waited over 1 hour to ride POTC- love the ride but never again!)
    AK was the least crowded park. We waited about 15 minutes there. I did not mind that.
    We are planning on attempting to go in January again.We are arriving the evening of the 18th and staying thru the 29th since my son will only miss 2 days of school during that time. (private school) Hopefully after MLK Monday everyone leaves and I can have the park all to myself.
    If the parks are crowded make the best of it-- use fastpasses and remember it will be better than being at home!!!
    91 Off Site
    FT. Wilderness
    12/98 12/99
    12/00 12/01
    1/04 1/14
    ALL STAR SPORTS
    11/02 3/10
    ALL STAR MOVIES 12/04
    SSR
    10/05 2/07
    1/08 10/8 1/09 6/09 12/09 12/10 1/12 1/13
    DISNEY VACATION CLUB OWNER04