Quantcast "New" Safari - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: "New" Safari

Post Thanks / Like

We just got back from our trip and did the safari. They mentioned little red and her mother and asked us to chase the poachers; but you are right, the truck didn't work and the plane was gone, as were the game wardens guarding the poachers and the elephants. I thought it was just a casting shortage.
    Officially too many trips to list here!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TwoTinyWings View Post
    I must confess that I do agree to a certain extent with GrumpyFan - I never really cared much for the poacher subplot, thinking it a bit unnecessary (and sort of "tacked-on" feeling), and will not really miss it.
    Went on my first safari on 10-3. I kinda felt like the baby elephant part was tacked on, too! It didn't really detract from my enjoyment of the animals, though.
    Any park could have a drive through safari. It took the Imagineers to add the story and theming to make it more of a "Disney" thing. After all, these are the guys that turned a log flume into a float-through cartoon!
    -Laura
    Engineer by Day... Imagineer in my Dreams!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by I take the Ferry View Post
    PLEASE tell me they found a place to keep the "tommies" line in the ride.

"nobody calls them Thompson's Gazelles! They're tommies. TOMMIES!!"

We love that line, it's a classic. It's almost as good as "SEVEN???" or "'cause this here's the WILDEST RIDE in the WEEEEELDERNESS!" or "nice work, pal."

But not near as classic as "we wants the redhead! WE WANTS THE REDHEAD!"

Regardless, it seemed that the poacher storyline gave the trucks a good enough reason to floor it all the way back to the unloading dock. Are we driving slow through that part now? And why do I always forget to go to the bathroom before I get on KS? That last part is bumpier than the end of It's a Small World!

And if we are taking the poachers out of the story, can they give me back that canteen? I'm pretty sure that was mine 20 years ago.

Anyway, slater.
    I take the Ferry.

Ooooo, how about "are you seeing an increase in lateral G's?" "SURE AM!!"
    LOL LOL!! I was wondering the exact same thing!!! I love the TOMMIES line! We laugh like idiots every time.
    "It's called a salute to all nations but MOSTLY America"

Been to WDW so many times, I've lost count

Visited Disneyland Paris in May 2002

Disneyland & Cali Adventure in June 2007

Hope to someday make it to Japan, China, and back to Paris for Disney Studios!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SpecJoe Magic View Post
    Unfortunately, the "tommies" line has been removed due to the fact that Ms. Jobson is no longer featured in the ride and she was part of that line. I agree with you that it was a classic line, and the other lines that you mentioned in your post are among my favorites as well.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Then my husband and I will make it a point of reciting it every time we ride.

OR if the driver calls them Thompson's Gazelles then we'll just have to CORRECT him using an African accent.
    "It's called a salute to all nations but MOSTLY America"

Been to WDW so many times, I've lost count

Visited Disneyland Paris in May 2002

Disneyland & Cali Adventure in June 2007

Hope to someday make it to Japan, China, and back to Paris for Disney Studios!

Post Thanks / Like

Default rambling thoughts on Safari

Paint balls? Oh, no, don't encourage them to add yet another buzz lightyear type ride...I can see it now blast the poachers to save little red...who can save the most elephants....

I wish the CM would slow down and tell us more about the animals. If the CM was asking the same trivia question again and again it makes you wonder how knowledgeable he was. I do like to learn on vacation, but only if it is enjoyable. The poacher plot could be okay if done well, but honestly while the old one was hokey, the new one doesn't really make sense. It does not seem improved as much as lessened and truncated. If Imagineering wants to have a story they need to go back to the drawing board. Some of the older rides are hokey and sentimental favorites because of their age. The Safari is not old enough to be nostalgic and quaint and should not be falling into disrepair. They want to SAVE MONEY!!?? Um, has anyone checked out the 2008 prices? If any ride suffers because Disney wants to save money it is time for us to head over to Universal or the beach.
    2017 WDW All Star Music/Universal RP
    2016 :(
    2015 Universal-Royal Pacific
    2014 :(
    2013 Fall: Wilderness Lodge
    2011-12 :(
    2010 French Quarter
    2009 Pop & AKL
    2008 Polynesian
    2007 ASM & BCR
    2006 AKL

Share This Thread On Social Media: