Quantcast Anyone still FAVOR the 2008 DDP? - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Marker View Post
    I find this to be an interesting topic. If I am understanding what some of the prevailing attitude is, it boils down to "If I can't save as much as I did before, I'd rather choose not to save anything at all".
    Ditto! You hit it on the head!!! Thought I was the only one thinking this way!
    Christina
    There are too many of them and not enough of us...
    Spay & Neuter!!!!!
    Mar 97-OKW
    May 99-Offsite
    June 04-Offsite
    Oct 05-Offsite
    Nov 06-Pop/Poly
    Jan/Feb 08-Pop
    Nov 09-Poly
    Nov 15-Offsite

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We're going in February, and I did a LOT of number crunching with 3 little ones (4, 3, 1) and 3 adults it really wasn't a good deal for us to do the DDP this time. Maybe when the kids are older.

Post Thanks / Like

Originally posted by cperry92380
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Marker
    I find this to be an interesting topic. If I am understanding what some of the prevailing attitude is, it boils down to "If I can't save as much as I did before, I'd rather choose not to save anything at all".

Me, Too!!!
    --Siobhan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cperry92380 View Post
    Ok, the more that I read my response, the more I wonder how it looks to everyone else.

What I meant to say was 'Thought I was the only one seeing all of the previous complaints (about the loss of value) in the same way', seems as if they can't get the same value... then they choose not to get any value at all and will not buy the plan again, just b/c it's not as good of a deal as it was previously...
    sorry...
    I still think it will save money, maybe not as much in previous years, but saving some money is better than not saving ANY money....
    ok... moving on...
    Christina
    There are too many of them and not enough of us...
    Spay & Neuter!!!!!
    Mar 97-OKW
    May 99-Offsite
    June 04-Offsite
    Oct 05-Offsite
    Nov 06-Pop/Poly
    Jan/Feb 08-Pop
    Nov 09-Poly
    Nov 15-Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

I am going in Jan. and did the numbers crunch for our party which is all women. And decided that it was not worth it for us since all we seem to eat is salads and some meat. So we are going to use the gift card for our meals. But next time I go I want to do the deluxe and do it up big.
    Walt will always be my HERO.

1973 - 1999 Disneyland twice a month
    2003 June offsite WDW
    2004 & 2006 Dec. AK
    2007 Feb. PP Disneyland
    2008 Jan. All Star Movies
    2009 Jun. DLH Disneyland

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe this will open up more seats for ADRs if less people choose it in the future.
    Aug 1974 Fort Wilderness
    Aug 1981 Fort Wilderness
    Oct 1986 Polynesian
    Oct 1992 Beach Club
    Aug 1998 All Star Sports & Wilderness Lodge
    Feb 1999 Grosvenor
    Aug 1999 Beach Club
    Aug 2002 Yacht Club
    Feb 2007 Old Key West
    Jan 2009 Old Key West
    Jan 2010 Boardwalk Villas

Post Thanks / Like

I am in total agreement with no DDP now. When we went down in 2005 it was an incredible deal. 2 adults 2 kids. We saved our reciepts to compare and we saved over 600 dollars. We couldn't praise it enough. Now we are so not doing it, with one kid at 12 yrs he wont eat alot of the adult foods. Extremely picky. 9 yr old no problem. We got 2 ADR for our faves and the rest we will just wing it. CS here we come! No tips and no appetizers is a bummer. We counted on that app for our picky eater and leftovers for breakfast the next day!! We'll eat round the clock if we could. Its also an epicurean vacation for us.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cperry92380 View Post
    Ok, the more that I read my response, the more I wonder how it looks to everyone else.

What I meant to say was 'Thought I was the only one seeing all of the previous complaints (about the loss of value) in the same way', seems as if they can't get the same value... then they choose not to get any value at all and will not buy the plan again, just b/c it's not as good of a deal as it was previously...
    sorry...
    I still think it will save money, maybe not as much in previous years, but saving some money is better than not saving ANY money....
    ok... moving on...
    The problem is that the amount of money saved does not merit my signing up for a structured plan (which limits your restaurant choices). I am willing to give up my freedom of restaurant choice & eat only at the restaurants approved on the plan if there is a great deal of savings, but I'm not willing to give up that latitude for a small savings. (In other words, the small savings doesn't justify me giving up some of my choices that are available if I pay out of pocket. Now I'll pay out of pocket and eat at ANY restaurant I want & not limit myself to the restaurants on the plan.)

Post Thanks / Like

I am still doing the dining plan for our 2008 trip. I figured out the numbers and I am still saving money with doing it and although I am not happy with the appetizer and tip being taken away it is still worth it for me. The way I figured it was we couldn't eat all the food last tiem and even If I am not on the dining plan I still have to pay the tip.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by magicman View Post
    The problem is that the amount of money saved does not merit my signing up for a structured plan (which limits your restaurant choices). I am willing to give up my freedom of restaurant choice & eat only at the restaurants approved on the plan if there is a great deal of savings, but I'm not willing to give up that latitude for a small savings. (In other words, the small savings doesn't justify me giving up some of my choices that are available if I pay out of pocket. Now I'll pay out of pocket and eat at ANY restaurant I want & not limit myself to the restaurants on the plan.)
    After doing the DDP two weeks ago and seeing how this yeare's plan limited our flexibility and choice we aren't planning on doing it in 2008. I'll crunch the numbers at some point but the number of restaurants keeps becoming more limited and it would take a large saving to keeps us on the plan.
    26 years staying at the Polynesian
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday...
    Twenty six straight years staying at the Polynesian
    Next trip: October 2018

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: