Quantcast DVC Contemporary Resort

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default DVC Contemporary Resort

Does anyone have any information as to the building of a DVC resrot at the Contemporary Resort? I saw pictures where they were tearing down the garden wings for new constructions and assumed it to be for DVC villas. I haven't seen any posts on this, so any information will be helpful.
    1982 - Offsite
    1985 & 1988 - Contemporary
    1990 & 1992 - Polynesian
    1994 - Old Key West
    1996 - Boardwalk / Old Key West
    1999 - Caribbean Beach
    2000 & 2001 - Port Orleans Riverside
    2002 & 2007 - Boardwalk
    2005 - Beach Club
    2008 - Beach Club Villas

Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional.

Post Thanks / Like

Nothing has been released officially about the new tower that is supposed to have DVC units.
    ŴĐŴ∫âňăŧĭć aka David șoș

Post Thanks / Like

Pics of the construction site of the "not a DVC resort" are can be found at the WDW park update for Oct 9 on [another site]. As much $$$ as that old wing of CR made, you KNOW that it wouldn't just be an empty space for long. Looks like the new construction is moving right along.
    Last edited by wendy*darling; 10-14-2007 at 05:34 PM. Reason: outside website

CBR - June 01
    Ft. Wilderness March 03
    POR March 05
    Ft. Wilderness - May 06
    Wilderness Lodge March 07
    Coronado Springs Jan 08

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MartyS View Post
    Pics of the construction site of the "not a DVC resort" are can be found at the WDW park update for Oct 9 on [another site]. As much $$$ as that old wing of CR made, you KNOW that it wouldn't just be an empty space for long. Looks like the new construction is moving right along.
    Thanks for that web reference. That Hawaii resort looks awesome! And the "not-a-DVC"
    photos were interesting as well.

C'mon - its got to be a new DVC location!!!! Can you imagine how fast those points would sell?
    SSR & BC DVC Member
    Coming up - BWV July '18
    BWI '98, BWV '05, '08-16
    BLT - '15, '17
    Beach Club '96, BCV - '04, '06, 09
    Swan '07
    Contemporary - '91, '94, '02, '04
    Wilderness Lodge '00, VWL, 08
    Off Site - '80's

CaptainJessicaSparrow Guest

If I might add, I don't think it's likely it would be DVC. I mean, Disney has officially announced two other locations that haven't begun development or construction yet. But the CR which already is having the foundation and structuring being built, hasn't? That's extremely odd, isn't it?

Also, if Disney really was wanting to sell more points, why waste the time and money to market locations such as California and Hawai'i first instead of CR? It would be unreasonable from a marketing perspective to do that.

Personally, I think Disney realized that a building that is over 30 years old needs to be updated. So they can't work on the main building ever because the monorail runs through it, so they can really only work the two smaller ones.

But, I could be wrong. What do I know?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainJessicaSparrow View Post
    If I might add, I don't think it's likely it would be DVC. I mean, Disney has officially announced two other locations that haven't begun development or construction yet. But the CR which already is having the foundation and structuring being built, hasn't? That's extremely odd, isn't it?

Also, if Disney really was wanting to sell more points, why waste the time and money to market locations such as California and Hawai'i first instead of CR? It would be unreasonable from a marketing perspective to do that.

Personally, I think Disney realized that a building that is over 30 years old needs to be updated. So they can't work on the main building ever because the monorail runs through it, so they can really only work the two smaller ones.

But, I could be wrong. What do I know?
    They actually have worked on the main building. All of the rooms have been renovated and there are many changes happening in the Grand Concourse.

I believe that there is every chance that the new building will be a "mixed use resort" like the new Grand Californian Villas and the Hawaii project will be. Meaning that the resort will have regular resort rooms and DVC vacation villas.
    DVC has neither confirmaed nor denied that DVC at the CR is happening. With SSR close to selling out and AKV selling well, this could be true. They likely won't announce anything until SSR is completely sold and Kidani construction is well underway. Let's keep in mind that Disney has made no announcement of any kind regarding the construction on the former site of the north wing.

With the tremendous growth inDVC membership, they will need to offer more properties at WDW over time. A DVC resort on the monorail would be a huge seller.

We will have to wait and see.
    Ed aka Horizon93

"If we can dream it, then we can do it".

DVC owner as of July 07 at AKV, as of Oct 2010 at BWV

Just back from honeymoon at AKV Kidani, July 2013!

Next up...not sure yet, but going back soon! )

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: