Quantcast AKL Villa Review...

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default AKL Villa Review...

Hi everyone! We've been back from our trip for a few weeks now and I'm finally having a chance to do a little Icot posting. While on our 10 night trip, we spent the first night in a new Animal Kingdom Lodge Savanna View Villa. I took pictures to show people, but I can't figure out how to post them . Anyway, we stayed in a 2 bedroom. I'm looking forward to when the Kidani Village is open, because for now, the 2BR Villas the Jambo House are not "dedicated". Meaning, it was essentially 2 separate rooms with a door between. One was a studio and one was a one bedroom. If I hadn't had my mom with us, I would not have been comfortable with this set up (having the kids in a completely different room). With soundproofing and all, we wouldn't have even heard them...my Mom was in with them, so it was okay. The rooms are very pretty and there are a lot of "extra details". For example, the shower tiles in the master of the 1BR part of the villa had a Lion King scene painted on them...very cool. Simba was engraved in the woodworking, etc. We were on the 5th floor, Zebra Trail and the animals were wonderful. We saw zebra, giraffe and many others. The master bath has a nice big tub, separate toilet area (with a door), 2 sinks and more. The studio had a queen bed and pull out sofa bed. The one bedroom side had a nice little kitchen. The staff left a little to be desired, and our room was not ready until nearly 5pm (check in was supposed to be at 3). All in all, I don't think I'd use 87 points to stay in a 2BR Villa in the Jambo House again...mainly because of it being essentially 2 separate units. I much prefer the "dedicated" 2BR at SSR.
    BCV- April '09 Beach Club Villas w/friends (9 kids- 18 of us total)
    ASSp- Aug '08- free dining
    AKV Savanna and SSR - Sept-Oct '07
    DVC Members-Saratoga Springs as of Aug '06
    YC- Oct '04 (first trip for our 5 kids)
    Former FL resident w/numerous day visits in '80's & '90's.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Kidani will have both dedicated 2-BR as well as 2-BR lockoffs.

Plus, the rooms at Kidani Village will be a bit larger than in Jambo House.

For example, the 2-BR in Jambo is about 1,075 sq ft, where it will be 1,173 sq ft in Kidani.

Plus, the 2-BR in Kidani will have 3 bathrooms versus 2 in Jambo.
    DVC Mike

Post Thanks / Like

DVC check in is officially "after 4 PM."

Can you give us more specifics on your disapointment with the CMs at AKV?

Thanks
    Ed aka Horizon93

"If we can dream it, then we can do it".

DVC owner as of July 07 at AKV, as of Oct 2010 at BWV

Just back from honeymoon at AKV Kidani, July 2013!

Next up...not sure yet, but going back soon! )

Post Thanks / Like

We actually prefer the studio and 1 bdrm vs. a dedicated 2 bdrm. We just leave the door open into the studio - no different than it being another bedroom that way. The kids like having their own little fridge in the studio to store their sodas and such.

You will need to be sure to tell MS if you want a dedicated 2 bdrm at any of the DVC resorts. They will usually just put you into whatever is available so you may get a dedicated 2 bdrm or you may get the studio/1bdrm.

There are some great photos of the AKL villas on allears.net. They even have one of the tile with the lion king scene. Very cool! We are staying a AKL villas in a 2 bdrm savanna view in February. Can't wait!
    ~Lisa aka Tinkermom

DVC Member since 05/01

Most Recent Trips:
    12/28/12-1/4/13 OKW to watch our son and his HS marching band on Main Street on NYE!
    7/13/12-7/17/12 Vero Beach & 7/17/12-7/23/12 WLVs

Next up: 5/28-6/12 Vero Beach (Beach Cottage!)/Fort Myers/Treehouse Villas

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: