Quantcast Our 1st time & Only Trip to WDW - Page 11

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Life Goes On....

So glad you have enjoyed our story. Not a day goes by that I don't think of our trip and smile, look at pictures, or "ask" my wife (...more like "hound")to go again. Sadly, unless I find a rich couple looking to adopt a 45 year old bald man (with more hair in his ears than anyone should have to endure) I'll just have to keep my memories close to my heart. Our town in Iowa recently became flooded and my wife had back surgery so we're very glad we went when we did. Karen is doing fine now and although our town got hit hard we were blessed and our home did not get flooded. Someday before I die it is my goal to have a return trip...If I don't happen to make it though since I did get to go there I can still die happy, and you can all look for me in the Haunted Mansion...I'll be the ghost smiling

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks again for sharing your magic. I am glad you could experience such a wonderful trip. Like many of the other readers have said, I have been to WDW many times and have not experienced as much magic as you did in one trip!
    I am glad to hear that DW is recovering from surgery and that your home is not floating down the river.
    It it quite ironic that here in the South we pray for rain daily as we watch our grass turn brown and drive the dirtiest cars in the country and ya'll are seeing more water than you could ever hope for as rivers overflood and take away your homes. Please feel free to send the rain South!
    Disney Dream'n
    ~Bev

"All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them." ~Walt Disney

First Trip 1977 Fort Wilderness Campground
    Many trips in between!

Typical Disney Home- Wilderness Lodge - OUR NEW HOME AT WDW!!!
    Last Trip Feb 2010 Princess Half Polynesian

Post Thanks / Like

Prince Ribeyespud and Princess Karen,
    Glad the recovery from surgery is going well and that your home escaped flooding. The power of prayer and dash of pixie dust!
    So enjoyed reading your posts; nothing better than seeing WDW again through the eyes of a child.
    No guarantees in this life but I'm pretty sure you'll be back. It just has to happen for you because you two get it. You really get it. I AM sure of one thing though-- Walt would be proud of you.

"Why do we have to grow up? I know more adults who have the children's approach to life. They're people who don't give a hang what the Joneses do. You see them at Disneyland every time you go there. They are not afraid to be delighted with simple pleasures, and they have a degree of contentment with what life has brought - sometimes it isn't much, either." Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thank You!!!

I just spent the last hour and a half reading your posts and absolutely had to tell you WHAT A WONDERFUL STORY TELLER YOU ARE!!!! We came back from a trip with our girls, 5 and 7, in February and have been missing it ever since and you brought it all back beautifully!!!!

Sounds to me like you'll be going again though...

Post Thanks / Like

Default PhotoPass book hint and a nice surprise...

Yesterday (a day that will live in ribeyespud history) I told karen that I wanted to go back to Disney World sooooo bad ANDshe said after the last two kids are graduated I can start to plan a trip (that would be in 2 years to you and me). Well now, not only am I "back in business" but I can start to pre-pre-pre-plan (uh, otherwise this old boy is gonna go nuts). Speaking of planning, before we went in April I had already created the layout and story to our PhotoPass book. When we got back I just went to our PhotoPass Account and before the taste of the Mickey Mouse chocolate bar had even faded from memory (yeah,...like that's gonna happen) I had "clicked" the pictures I wanted to add to the book and the very next week we had the book delievered at home (hmm...come to think of it, the delievery guy did look like the stork from Dumbo). Anyway, I found it to be very helpful to have the book pre planned and "saved" so that when we returned home and were tired from our trip, it was nothing to finish and place an order. Note to anyone who wishes to try this: Print out a copy of every page you have set up the way you want it to be (including the wording of your story) because the PhotoPass account will only store it for 30 days before it gets erased. If you finish your layout right before you take your trip, upon return you should have plenty of time to finish the project. Remember, it's not how long you live but rather how you live your life!

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations!!! I'm so thrilled that you have another trip on the horizon! Your story has been amazing and like so many others, I've thoroughly enjoyed reading it. And remember...it's never too early to start planning. I'm already working on our trip for 2010, but it looks like I'll be able to sneak in a "second honeymoon" next spring too.

~Michelle~
    1980, 1983-1986, 1988, 1992, 1993
    1995 -Disneyland
    July 2001 -POFQ
    May 2006, May 2008, May 2010 -Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 2011-Port Orleans Riverside
    Sept. 2012 - Port Orleans Riverside Royal Room
    May 11-25, 2013 - Polynesian Resort
    Next trip: Dec. 14-20, 2014 - Wilderness Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

I just KNEW you would be returning to WDW again! It is just too magical not to return!

Thanks for the heads up on the photo pass. My extended family of 14 will be headed to WDW in January so I want to take advantage of putting a book together and that's a great idea!
    Disney Dream'n
    ~Bev

"All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them." ~Walt Disney

First Trip 1977 Fort Wilderness Campground
    Many trips in between!

Typical Disney Home- Wilderness Lodge - OUR NEW HOME AT WDW!!!
    Last Trip Feb 2010 Princess Half Polynesian

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thank you!

I just came across this post today, I'm thankful for that because I think I would have gone insane waiting for the next installment Yours is quite possibly the most wonderful and entertaining trip report I have ever read. It gave me goosebumps and I thank you for that. The two of you made the most of your wonderful trip and saw exactly what Walt Disney intended, hats off to you! I am so thrilled that you have another trip on the horizon. I hope your DW is doing well and can't wait to hear about your planning and trip reports from your next trip.
    °o° Traci šš*:•

Next up, hopefully, Just me & my Honey Sept. 9-14 ASMu celebrating 30 yrs and my b-day. Thanks Denise from MJ :) for the help so far & answering all my stupid questions.

Countless previous trips

Post Thanks / Like

WOO HOO!! Ribeyespud and Princess Karen are going back to WDW(We all knew this HAD to happen)!!!!! I am sooo Happy for you guys!!! I can't wait for your planning and trip reports!!!
    Mary Ellen

WDW

Oct1992 OKW
    Sept2007 OKW
    Sept17-23 2008 OKW
    Sept15-22 2009 OKW
    Jan13-17 2010 POP, OKW
    Sept16-25 2010 OKW
    Jan16-19 2011 SSR
    Jan13-19 2013 OKW
    Jan20-26 2014 SSR
    Dec05-16 2014 SSR
    Sept12-18 2015 SSR
    June7-12 2016 OKW
    Upcoming
    Sept8-13 2016 OKW
    Jan2017

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations!!!

You're soon to become a 'regular' like the rest of us. Have fun planning your future trip and many more!!!

5/04 - Caribbean Beach
    5/05 - Caribbean Beach
    11/06 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Honeymoon)
    6/07 - Caribbean Beach
    10/08 - SSR (for DS's 1st B-day)

DVC Owners @ AKV as of 4/08
    Next Trip: 6/09 - SWW!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the fun time reading your story!
    COUNTLESS times as a kid
    92, 93, 95, 97, 98, 00, 03 (Honeymoon), 06 off site
    94 CB
    9/07 ASM
    2/08, 9/08,11/08, 5/09, 9/09, 8/10, 8/11 Pop
    7/09 SSR
    1/10, 7/10 BWV
    11/10, 5/12 AKLV
    1/12, 8/12, 2/13, 6/13 OKW

upcoming trips
    12/13 AKLV

DVC owner at AKLV and SSR

Post Thanks / Like

I enjoyed your trip report so much! Even though it was your first trip...you were an example to all of us to find the inner child and go for it! I'll be praying for Karen's health issues and for continued safety for your home and family. I'm thrilled that you are planning your next trip!
    Anyone can cook!

Post Thanks / Like

I originally started following your story because of your title. You see, we went on our "once-in-a-lifetime" trip to Disney and you titled yours as your "1st and Only" trip. Sounded like us. When we left Disney to come home, it was my dh who said (while driving north on I-4), "So, when are we going back?" I figure it will be at least two years for us as well -- we have a doggie we don't want to leave alone again for that long and I don't think she'll last too many more years.

The planning and hoping and looking forward to another trip is fun -- almost as fun as actually going. So tell us, what did you not do on the first trip that you want to do on your next trip?

Deb
    POFQ, Oct. 2007

Post Thanks / Like

Default A "firm" date from the little woman....

So yesterday I'm taking a walk with my wife (...rates right up there for me with shopping for clothes, driving with a back seat driver, or sitting through an elementary school concert chocked full of folk songs, foreign songs, and way to many people in one place which naturally seems to add to the global warming epidemic, well,... at least in the auditorium ) Anyway, out of the blue we start talking about Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween and Karen suddenly said "Hey, Let's go to Disney World on our 25th Anniversary in 3 years when all the kids have graduated" Well now I thought, NOW we have a "firm" date and coupled with my burning desire to go for 10 full days, the gears have begun to turn in my head and my imagination has begun to perculate. You guys are right, planning IS part of the fun. Granted I have 3 years to figure things out but oh what adventure awaits! I have decided to give myself a deadline of six months to figure out where we will dine and try to come up with a good idea of what food will be served (...listen, at my age I just need a good samwich and a tv remote, so believe me when I say this WILL be a highlight of my planning experience) In answer to the question "What will we do that we missed the first time?" That one is easy, there were a few rides we didn't do in Tomorrowland because when we met up with friends we just didn't get the "Job" done. (...finally, a "job" I look forward to) So right after doing the Haunted Mansion and Pirates of the Caribbean we'll just have to head over to the Tomorrowland Indy Speedway, Astro Orbiter, and the Tomorrowland Transit Authority (...provided we don't get sidetracked by those wonderful smells filling our nostrils, uh, you know what they say about men my age...)

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations to you both and enjoy every moment of the 25th celebration planning.
    Oh the TTA-you'll love it, you'll love it!
    Since you're still just "a little" early in the planning stages I'll put in a word for the Hoop Dee Doo. Think you and the Princess would have a blast. After all Iowa folk know a thing or two about corn.
    Happy Silver Anniversary!

Post Thanks / Like

CONGRATS!! I know what you are going through with wanting to get back to WDW as soon as possible. Our family so badly wants to get back, but my wife (the "realist") is a little more hesitant to put out the money when we really don't have the money to spend. It doesn't help that we still are getting hospital bills from my wonderful cancer battle. However, we are going back and we will be there the end of September!! It took some convincing, but I really helped my wife to realize that our kids will only be kids once and we need to enjoy our time with them while we can!! Yeah!
    John (aka HndrdPrcnt)

DL CM 1987 - 1994
    CM WDW Trips 87,89,90,92
    CBR 1994
    Beach Club 1998
    All Stars 2000
    POP Sept 25-Oct 2 2006

Post Thanks / Like

I have just loved reading your trip report and I'm so happy you get to go back. We haven't been to WDW as a family since 2004 and our next trip isn't until Jan 2010. I have already started planning though. Did you know you can reserve your room 500 days out? There is a lot of early planning you can do so enjoy!!
    Poly Concierge Jan. 2000 - Poly Concierge Jan. 2004 - Pop Century Nov. 2004 (1 night) - CBR Nov. 2004 - Poly Club Level Jan 2010. Wyndham Bonnet Creek December 2013!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ribeyespud View Post
    Yesterday (a day that will live in ribeyespud history) I told karen that I wanted to go back to Disney World sooooo bad ANDshe said after the last two kids are graduated I can start to plan a trip (that would be in 2 years to you and me). Well now, not only am I "back in business" but I can start to pre-pre-pre-plan (uh, otherwise this old boy is gonna go nuts).
    This is fabulous news!!! I'll bet your leading ladies (second to Princess Karen of course) are wondering when they will see you again, and I'm sure Miss Jasmine is missing glimpses of you from the corner of her eye by now . I will be sure to pass on the good news when I dine with the Princesses in November!!

I am very glad Karen is doing well and your home was spared, it makes one really believe in Faith, Trust and a little Pixie Dust!
    Thank you for a wonderful report, it truly warmed my heart!
    șOș KATHY, addicted since 1989 șOș

Laughter is Timeless * Imagination has no age * Dreams are forever

Next Up.....
    Nov. '09 @ Pop

September '89, offsite **October '98, offsite** April '06, Pop Century ** December '07, Pop Century ** Nov. '08, Caribbean Beach

Post Thanks / Like

Default Plans so far...

Wow, I can't believe it, but I have officially converted my wife into a "full fledged Disney World enthusiast". I know this has happened for a couple of reasons. 1.)Everytime she gets a chance to tell someone, she starts telling them/him/she/dogs/cats/rocks/trees/anythingthat will listen that we are going back to Disney World for our 25th Anniversary and 2.) She has been just as devoted to save her "loose change" as I have been, even to the point of trying to convince me that we need to open a savings account to be used only to save for our trip (Now that's my kind of woman!). So far this is what I know. Our next trip (boy does it seem cool to say "next"instead of "only"!) will take place around Oct 22 to Nov 1st 2011(11 days total) Our 1st four and a half days will be spent at the Magic Kingdom , then 2days at Epcot , 2 days at Disney Studios and 2 days at the Animal Kingdom . (With the last half day packing/crying/traveling to the airport). I'm hoping to do Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party at least once and we'll definitely do the Disney Dinning Delux plan again. (Providing they still have the parties and dinning plan when we go back)...I'm just sorry that we're going back so "soon" because heaven knows how I'll ever get our trip planned out in time

Post Thanks / Like

Nice to see your story is still going strong. You've gotten quite a following here... I printed your story for my girlfriend, who is making her first trip down this Fall, and she cried and said it was the best story she ever read.

Hope you make it back. You deserve it... Should try to find a Disney marketing exec and write them a letter with a link to this thread... they OWE you another trip for the feelings you've generated here!

Cheers.
    Next Trip: [B] October2008! First time ON-SITE!!

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: