Quantcast Our 1st time & Only Trip to WDW - Page 16

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516
    Post Thanks / Like

This was such a great story from beginning to end! Thank you for sharing! I can't wait to hear more reports about your 2nd trip to the World!
    Donna

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Default The sisterhood of traveling ghosts...October 23rd part two

As we left Cinderella's castle we knew we had to do something thing about all the things we had to carry (Royale table sword, princess wand, snow globe,and menu) so we made it over to the building where you can drop things off and pick them up before you leave the park, and then it was off to Neverland ....well, actually Snow Whites adventures 1st and to pause to formulate a plan for what we was our top priority for the night. After a quick survey, we both decided to meet as many characters as possible and went to Spash Mountain so that we could mingle with the dwarfs. There was already a long line, but we really didn't mind because we were talking to some of the peole in line and having fun....and then in the midst of the line I saw them...my 1st "pirate swag of the evening" Elongated pennys!!! after securing what I could while Karen waited back in line I put them in my big fanny pack...luck for me I have a big fanny....so I had lots of room, after some great shots of the dwarfs we made our way over to see if Tarzan was out with Jane AND HE WAS....Yay! Two things happened next that I fear I will remember every time we watch the movie from now on....1st of all when it was our turn for the picture, Karen more or less made sure she was standing next to Tarzan...which I didn't mind so much, until I was more or less run over, and pushed outta the way to get to him. I mean really, hey, what's he got that I ain't got....apart from six pack abbs, long hair, and...a skimpy outfit. So I'm standing next to Jane making small talk 'cause let's be honest, Tarzan is one person away from me and I wan't sure if he was the type to get upset if you talk to his lady so I'm being a complete gentleman when I ask "Where's Terk at these day" at which point Jane in her British Accent starts to inquire where he was and before my eyes and to my surprise here comes Terk....now I like monkeys, I really do, I even like talking monkeys that are taller than me, but Terk in his Terk-ish way sonders over to where we are and...here's where the 2nd thing I will remember comes into play.... notices my wife's purse, my fanny pack (um...the big one), and a few things we had just bought in a Disney bag laying a few feet in front of us and out of camera range. I guess monkeys like to look at things...alot... because he proceeded to dump the things out of the Disney bag (all to the delight of the onlookers) while Jane in her British accent was scolding him and telling him to come over for a picture....Karen, who was blissfully unaware as her attention was else where calmly took it in stride. Finally Terk came over, made up with me and all was fine and we did manage to get some nice pictures of Tarzan, Jane and Terk with us...the rest of the night was full of more laughter, trick or treating candy, some great magic shots of the haunted mansion ghost and even talking to two of them in front of the mansion....oh yeah and collecting more "Pirate Swag(Elongated coins")and of course Splash mountain and the Haunted Mansion with the scary looking cast members

Post Thanks / Like

Dang it! I had to stop eating my breakfast to go grab tissues after your Cinderalla's Royal Table story. How awesome are you???!!! Your wife has a keeper, that's for sure. I can't wait to hear about the rest of the trip!
    Karen

"It's snowing still," said Eeyore gloomily.
    "So it is."
    "And freezing."
    "Is it?"
    "Yes," said Eeyore. "However," he said, brightening up a little, "we haven't had an earthquake lately."

Post Thanks / Like

Default October 24th...Pirate & Pals Night Part one

After we got home from the Halloween party, I found the wall safe and decided to keep all my pirate swag (Pressed coins) in it just for fun and after promising Karen I wouldn't make her get up early every day I let her sleep in until Mickey called us at 0700 our reservations for the Crystal Palace was for 0915 so after a nice hot shower a short walk to the bus stop we were soon in our chairs at the Palace enjoying hanging with the gang from the 100 acre wood. Somebody on the boards had suggested trying Pooh's French toast....Holy Moly was that good, between that and the breakfast salmon I discovered I was as happy as a piglet in a mud puddle (um...no offense Piglet). It hardly rained the whole time we were on vacation and what beautiful flowers they have in the parks. The rest of the day was spent going into shops and riding rides. The 1st ride of the day was Dumbo because the line was really short AND that was a good thing because after trying to pull the sword from the stone in front of Cinderella's Carousel I was tuckered out. Sadly the only thing that I could move (unless you count my spine) was my pride...and not in a good way....specially after I had watched a little girl make it rise up....Apparently the force was with her or she was thinking of her happy thought....My happy thought was standing a few feet away inwardly chuckling at her husband as he attempted to be prove he was worthy of being king. After giving up my try at the Royal crown and riding more rides, it was time for lunch at Cinderella's table. Where I was could at least pretend I was the King and eat like a fool....which I of course did. We were sorry that Major Domo’s Pie wasn't there, but we did have Major Domo’s recommendation and enjoyed it very much (I think it was short ribs...which was ironically a good thing since I think I bruised a few ribs trying to pull the sword from the stone so I could use some more). The new line they have while waiting for the adventures of Pooh ride was really cool, and I had fun going into the very home belonging to one "Mr. Sanders". Karen was half way up the line calling for me and I just wanted to play. She wouldn't even join my watermelon band because she was so focused on getting to the ride...on the upside the ride didn't have a very long line at the moment so I let her "win"....now had I become King, things may have been different (grumble, grumble, grumble). Dinner that night was at the Contemporary Resort at The Wave. Again a great meal, but the dessert was so good that I took a picture of it and even ended up talking to the lady at the next table about my choice and she decided to have the same thing AND she had the same thing. It was a set up of three different types of pudding type mousse. Separately they tasted good, when you combined the flavors however they were totally AMAZING! After Dinner we got ready to go on the Pirate and Pals Cruise...and I'll share that next time, as I don't want to forget to cover anything it cause it was so cool...and we had a few special guests we were able to meet!

Post Thanks / Like

Reading this has truly brought tears to my eyes! To be as happy and as compatible as you two after all these years it a wonderful thing! Your pictures show that you are still in love. Thanks for sharing this with us. I'm lovin' it!
    ºoºKathyºoº TimeShare 12-12
    GKTW June 2011,Off site Feb/March 2011
    Dolphin and POFQ 8/10
    POFQ Sept 08
    ASMu Aug-Sept 07
    Dolphin & CS-12/05. Mousefest & Dis Cruise
    Dolphin & POR July 04,WDW-Dolphin June 02Dolphin 6/2000
    Swan 6/99 -Dolphin March 98, March 94
    +many more times offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Default Oct 24 Pirate & Pals & Tink Oh My!!! Part Two

After eating a wonderful dinner at the wave we made our way to the meeting place to board our ship for the Pirate & Pal's fireworks cruise and since it too was at the Contemporary Resort we didn't have to waddle very far (told ya, dinner was that good). We knew it was the right place when we saw a guy at a podium wearing a pirate "dew rag"...either that or we had just wandered into some piratical twilight zone. When he asked our names and found them on his list I felt somewhat relieved but I couldn’t help but notice 3 things, 1.) We were the only ones there, 2.) I didn't know what a pirate "dew rag" was not to mention how to wear one, and 3.) There was a scary lookin' Pirate skeleton statue standing over in the corner staring me down 'cause I haven't put on my pirate hanky thingy yet. So swallowing my pride Karen and I half swaggered /half waddled over to the lead pirate and said in our best pirate jargon "um...pardon us kind sir, but um could you put these hankies on our heads for us"? I could have sworn when I gave a nervous glance at the pirate skeleton statue as I was trying to look "piratic ally cool" he just shook his head as if to say "rookie"...or he was just shaking from laughter, 'course, he was just bones so maybe he was just cold...either way I digress. Pretty soon more rookie pirates had signed on for the voyage and they lead the group to an area filled with goodies to munch on which included chocolate golden coins, bottled water, (no rum, I checked ...foiled again) and other treats. Since we had already just eaten, we did what any good pirate does, quickly went upstairs to the resort store, bought some nifty Disney jackets for the cruise and filled our pockets with pirate booty for the cruise, I favored the golden coins, and Karen favored the other snacks. After meeting with our 1st guests of the evening (Capt. Hook and Smee) and getting pictures with them in front of a nice big mural of skull rock from Peter Pan, our hosts for the evening showed up in the form of two pirate brothers. They must have been twins 'cause they both were named "Patch" which in the long run beats being named "Pete" and "Re-Pete" I guess....anyway they each took a group of us and formed us into teams. We were on team "Capt. Hook" and the other team was "Mr. Smee". Both groups were lead to their own cruise ship and soon we were under way to watch the Magic Kingdom fireworks display from the water. The sound was perfect and the Fireworks display on the water was even better. What I didn't realize was that we also got to watch the electrical float parade up close which was soooo very cool. The whole event was very fun and "Patch" was great with the crowd. They sat Karen and I next to a couple on their Honeymoon and we celebrated together our achievements. Patch asked if I had any advice for the newlyweds on how to stay together for 25 years...and as I paused to think for a moment, Patch made a joke about it taking so long to answer, and that got a laugh or two....(Gee thanks, Patch ya scurvy Pirate you). After watching "Wishes" and the float parade and singing the “Yo Ho Yo Ho” pirate song with Patch, we headed back in and there on the dock was my hero "Peter Pan" (Yay behold the happiness of me!!!). What I found truly amazing and I'm not joking when I say this, Peter was holding an old time type lantern which was giving off light and the light was coming from a fluttering Tinker bell from inside the lantern....Amazing...simply amazing...after we docked we lined up for photos and autographs and then back to our pirate room at the Caribbean where I could hide my gold coins and other pirate swag in the wall safe....and that night I slept safe in the knowledge that now after all these years, I could tie my own pirate "Dew rag"...and that we'd be eating at Cinderella's castle for breakfast the next day and I could see Snow White again.... IJUST HAVE ONE SIDE NOTE TO SHARE ABOUT THE EVENING: During the day a Photo Pass person took our picture and told us it would be shined on the castle wall that night during the "Magic, Memories, and You" show. Since we were on the ship we couldn't see the show, so if anyone out in "Intercot land" who was there on October 24th 2012 remembers seeing a guy with a graying beard in an orange tie-dyed Halloween shirt and safari hat puckering up to kiss a cartoon frog, or a guy in the same clothes on his knee recreating the proposal to Karen who also had an orange Tie-dye Halloween shirt on, HEY THAT WAS US!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

It's soo cool to hear that you both have so much fun when you go down!

DH has the same magical child in his soul that I do and it's nice to know there are others out there that enjoy the World as much as we do!
    Shannon

~It's not the number of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away~
    ~You should never take more than you give~ The Circle of Life

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: