Quantcast Just Questions: Giving Thanks for Inquisitive Friends

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 66 1231151 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Just Questions: Giving Thanks for Inquisitive Friends

Thought we'd make it through Hallowe'en, but we're all just too yakky. We didn't change locale or era, so no need to climb on the old RV this time. Just a quick stop to say I'm glad I found I'cot and how much I enjoy trading insanities with the JQ bunch.

So, who brought lunch?
    Former watcher of the original b&w Mouseketeers.

Honeymooned in WDW in '76. Devoted husband and WDW fanatic (in that order :-) ) since then.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    pogo Guest

Ken...... are you starting to appreciate all of us now ? Are you going through something that you need to talk about ?

We are blessed with the friendships formed on Intercot AND in "JQ". Yes.... even you Alex. Did I say that ????? Yikes !

Nothing for lunch today.... got to go to a meeting. Bye.

Post Thanks / Like

"Inquisitive"? Are you calling us nosy?

Being as the new thread is starting smack between the Canadian and US Thanksgiving holidays, I'll definitely include my thanks for a great bunch of friends that I've made through INTERCOT and particularly this great JQ bunch.

Mikki, Andrew and Figaro are returning to the UK today, so here's some for a safe, uneventful flight home.

Lunch was a salad, a (small) chicken burrito and a cafe au lait (made with that great Cafe du Monde coffee) in a Starbucks mug. Yum!

Oh, I picked up my new glasses yesterday (Jenn forgot to do the Occulus Reparum spell for me at the Meet). Do you like them? It's so nice to not have tape in my field of vision!
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Post Thanks / Like

It is too nice a day to stay indoors. I'm going out. Who's with me?
    Alex

4/1976 - offsite,4/1983 - offsite,5/1999 - CaribBeach,5/2000 - CaribBeach,
    11/2001 - Coronado,7/2003 - AKL, 8/2004 - POFQ, 8/2005 - Poly, 8/2006 - Grand Flo,10/2007 - POFQ, 8/2008 - Wilderness Lodge, 8/2009 - POR, 8/2010 - CaribBeach, 8/2011 - Coronado, 8/2012 -Coronado, 8/2014 - Coronado

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drummerboy View Post
    So, who brought lunch?
    ham and cheddar on whole wheat will that work? And we appreciate you too Ken!

Quote Originally Posted by pogo View Post
    :Nothing for lunch today.... got to go to a meeting. Bye.
    Have a good meeting! I'm working on year end stuff. Yuck!

Quote Originally Posted by ElenitaB View Post
    "Being as the new thread is starting smack between the Canadian and US Thanksgiving holidays, I'll definitely include my thanks for a great bunch of friends that I've made through INTERCOT and particularly this great JQ bunch.
    What a neat idea! I'm still getting used to the whole so close to a border that people take the day off thing.

Quote Originally Posted by alpro2 View Post
    Can we go shoe shopping? You have all the best stores!
    Natalie
    Feb 2001 off site Jan 2002 All star movies Dec 2002 All star sports jan-04 Poly Nov 2004 pofq Nov 2005 Pors Mar 06 at PORS CBR Dec 2006 POR sept 21-30 2007 oct 2008 poly and akl, dec 2008 pop and VWL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by offwego View Post
    ham and cheddar on whole wheat will that work?
    Beats the pb&j I had. Anybody want to ride with me to Myrtle Beach tonight? Gotta go rescue DW.
    Former watcher of the original b&w Mouseketeers.

Honeymooned in WDW in '76. Devoted husband and WDW fanatic (in that order :-) ) since then.

Post Thanks / Like

Thought we'd make it through Hallowe'en, but we're all just too yakky. We didn't change locale or era, so no need to climb on the old RV this time. Just a quick stop to say I'm glad I found I'cot and how much I enjoy trading insanities with the JQ bunch.

So, who brought lunch?
    And we appreciate you, Ken! I wasn't a bringer today, I ran to the deli and got a chicken wrap.

Mikki, Andrew and Figaro are returning to the UK today, so here's some for a safe, uneventful flight home.
    Safe journey back home Figaro and humans!

Does anyone else have a case of the Mondays today?
    ~Nikki~
    Last Trip: February 2024
    Next Trips: April 2024

Post Thanks / Like

Just a quick stop to say I'm glad I found I'cot and how much I enjoy trading insanities with the JQ bunch.
    So, who brought lunch?
    Aww shucks... you really do like us, you really really do!

I have some left over baby carrots with fat free ranch dip if you want them. I had a ham and swiss on rye with some of the carrots/dip, and also a package of apple slices.

We are blessed with the friendships formed on Intercot AND in "JQ". Yes.... even you Alex. Did I say that ????? Yikes !
    Wow! I think you hung around and breathed in just a bit too much of the hot air from those balloons...

Oh, I picked up my new glasses yesterday (Jenn forgot to do the Occulus Reparum spell for me at the Meet). Do you like them? It's so nice to not have tape in my field of vision!
    Safe trip wishes to Figaro, Mikki and Andrew!

And Ellen - you look FAB! with those new glasses!

Going out sounds like fun... where are you going?

Can we go shoe shopping? You have all the best stores!
    I was shoe shopping most of the weekend. All I want/need is a simple pair of grey FLATS! Can't find them anywhere.... I thought grey was the new black? Or something like that...

Beats the pb&j I had. Anybody want to ride with me to Myrtle Beach tonight? Gotta go rescue DW.
    Me! Me! Me! I'll go! I haven't been to Myrtle Beach in years! There was this AWESOME Italian restaurant we ate at... served like 8 courses or something in the meal.. can't remember the name though....

Quote Originally Posted by BriarRose0708 View Post
    I've had a case of the Mondays since last Monday... any idea of a cure?
    Diane

Dec '06 - All Star Movie
    Nov. 2007 - Disneyland @ Disneyland Hotel
    Nov. 9 -15, 2008, Pop Century
    Oct. 19-23, 2011, Disneyland @ Paradise Pier

Post Thanks / Like

Sure isn't that the most popular spot for Cdn's down that way? I can help you fit in.
    Quote Originally Posted by BriarRose0708 View Post
    !

Oh my word yes!
    Natalie
    Feb 2001 off site Jan 2002 All star movies Dec 2002 All star sports jan-04 Poly Nov 2004 pofq Nov 2005 Pors Mar 06 at PORS CBR Dec 2006 POR sept 21-30 2007 oct 2008 poly and akl, dec 2008 pop and VWL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneydrmr View Post
    I was shoe shopping most of the weekend. All I want/need is a simple pair of grey FLATS! Can't find them anywhere.... I thought grey was the new black? Or something like that...
    It is but it's all about texture and metalics this year. (not to mention aside from a ballet style flat not so much).

It's either tweedy/suede/metalic or patent..not so much plain. Honestly for plainish shoes your often better off on line since they may carry overstock from other years as well. Sorry was that more then you wanted to know?
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

So, who brought lunch?
    Insanities?? Are you trying to tell us something???
    Sorry, but I was a "goer-outer" for lunch... met Dan at Panera for a portabello/carmelized onions and ??? panini and a fuji apple/gorgonzola cheese/walnuts/dried cherries and onion salad -- have no idea the real name of these things, but let me tell you -- they were yummmmm!!

Pogo???? Is that you?? Are you feeling okay??

Being as the new thread is starting smack between the Canadian and US Thanksgiving holidays, I'll definitely include my thanks for a great bunch of friends that I've made through INTERCOT and particularly this great JQ bunch.

You look great, my friend!! And I barely noticed the tape when we met...

I'll ditto what Ellen said -- I've always been glad I found I'cot, but jumping into this thread in the spring was the best thing I've done on here since. You guys are the greatest!!

I just came in from being out -- what a GLORIOUS day!! Looks like things plummet into the tank later this week -- glad we got some good ones the past few days!!!

Hmmm.... could a trip to Disneyland maybe do the trick??
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

So what did I miss today? I've been a step behind just about everything. Somehow, this day has felt like a week and nothing particularly good or bad has happened.

Ellen, want to design a personal logo using my name? I know how much you want to take graphics.

I'm sending some pixie dust straight into the air for Mikki, Andrew and Figaro.

The poster formerly known as Disney_nut

Last Trip: 5/11 -- Swan

Next Trip: 10/11 -- Port Orleans - Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

It is but it's all about texture and metalics this year. (not to mention aside from a ballet style flat not so much).

It's either tweedy/suede/metalic or patent..not so much plain. Honestly for plainish shoes your often better off on line since they may carry overstock from other years as well. Sorry was that more then you wanted to know?
    No, that was some good info, not very helpful though as I still need to find some plain grey flats (and ballet style works for me.. I have a pair of plain black ballet style flats that I LOVE! - so very comfy!) Guess I go more for comfort than style...

Quote Originally Posted by Dsnygirl View Post
    Insanities?? Are you trying to tell us something???
    Sorry, but I was a "goer-outer" for lunch... met Dan at Panera for a portabello/carmelized onions and ??? panini and a fuji apple/gorgonzola cheese/walnuts/dried cherries and onion salad -- have no idea the real name of these things, but let me tell you -- they were yummmmm!!

Hmmm.... could a trip to Disneyland maybe do the trick??
    That does sound good! I've had bagels from Panera but have never had their sandwiches or other food offerings.. just might have to try them out now!

On the trip to Disneyland and if it will cure my Mondayness... I'll let you know in just about 9 days.. actually I won't be able to let you know until I get back so that would be in about 14 days or so...

Oh, since Ken closed the other thread.. I don't know if anyone saw.. but I wanted to thank all of you who were involved in sending me that very special post card! It came on a day when I really needed a smile! JQers are the BEST! and I too am so very thankful to have found this wonderful bunch!

Um, need a question... um, Where's the beef?
    Diane

Dec '06 - All Star Movie

pogo Guest

Wow! I think you hung around and breathed in just a bit too much of the hot air from those balloons...

Why are you picking on me ? Because I'm trying to be nice to Alex ? I feel sorry for Alex..... he's not as smart as me.... or as good looking as me.... and he doesn't have many friends..... just poor old Maria.... and she can't see very well..... so I thought I'd throw him that little bone...... and you blew it.. making fun of me..... and now I'm going to

Sure....... Tuesdays !
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsnygirl View Post
    Pogo???? Is that you?? Are you feeling okay??

Oh, since Ken closed the other thread.. I don't know if anyone saw.. but I wanted to thank all of you who were involved in sending me that very special post card! It came on a day when I really needed a smile! JQers are the BEST! and I too am so very thankful to have found this wonderful bunch!
    You got a post card ?????? I didn't get a post card ! Hey Caroleh........ did you get a postcard ???? How about you Scott.... or Ken...Jasper.... did you get a post card ???

Post Thanks / Like

Why are we picking on Alex today? What did he do to you guys?

On second thought, maybe you shouldn't answer the second question.
    The poster formerly known as Disney_nut

Last Trip: 5/11 -- Swan

Next Trip: 10/11 -- Port Orleans - Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

Why are you picking on me ? Because I'm trying to be nice to Alex ? I feel sorry for Alex..... he's not as smart as me.... or as good looking as me.... and he doesn't have many friends..... just poor old Maria.... and she can't see very well..... so I thought I'd throw him that little bone...... and you blew it.. making fun of me..... and now I'm going to
    Wow, someone is a bit sensitive today... do you need a hug?

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post

We pick on Alex because he's there? If we didn't pick on him he'd think we didn't like him and throw a fit like another JQer that we all know (who shall remain nameless, but rumor has it he works with a duck)
    Diane

Dec '06 - All Star Movie

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=pogo;1454454You got a post card ?????? I didn't get a post card ! Hey Caroleh........ did you get a postcard ???? How about you Scott.... or Ken...Jasper.... did you get a post card ??? [/QUOTE] Not only did I not get a card..no one even wanted to see my photopass pictures...

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post

We all always pick on Alex..well at least most of the time. And he provided nicknames (mind you I'm ok with mine but Christine is not so fond of hers)

No, that was some good info, not very helpful though as I still need to find some plain grey flats (and ballet style works for me.. I have a pair of plain black ballet style flats that I LOVE! - so very comfy!) Guess I go more for comfort than style...Um, need a question... um, Where's the beef?
    The beef might be in the sandwich no?

And glad I could help..hey if so many of you didn't aim at comfort my ultra trendy shoe habit would be so common it wouldn't be trendy. (today by the way I have my fave orange stiletto's on..so much fun!)
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

We pick on Alex because he's there? If we didn't pick on him he'd think we didn't like him and throw a fit like another JQer that we all know (who shall remain nameless, but rumor has it he works with a duck)

And I wasn't picking on Alex... it'll take me awhile to forget how much we enjoyed meeting he and Maria before I can truly pick on him. Of course, if he doesn't fly up to the Western/Central NY/Canada meet, I may have to start....

Not only did I not get a card..no one even wanted to see my photopass pictures...

(today by the way I have my fave orange stiletto's on..so much fun!)
    Now wait a minute -- I don't remember that being offered as an option!! I definitely want to see your photopass pictures!!! Just tell me how!!

.... and I have to ask... what are you wearing with your orange stiletto's???
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dsnygirl;1454475Now wait a minute -- I don't remember that being offered as an option!! I [U
    definitely[/U] want to see your photopass pictures!!! Just tell me how!!

.... and I have to ask... what are you wearing with your orange stiletto's???
    I offered to send them to anyone who sent me a pm with an email address..since you can't link them.

And one wears a dropped hem small print plaid skirt (pencil style at waist detail is only around hemline) with brown, dark browtn and faint orange, a orange blazer in boiled wool with wide cuffs and princess seams and a plain white top (mind you I sometimes where a choc. brown one). The blazer and the shoes are a dead match...but the shoes are plain flat leather no sheen or other detail and only a two inch heel.

Do you not have a pair?
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

THERE you guys are!

Ken, I meant to say earlier this morning that I am sorry about your mom. And I am glad to hear that your DW won't need surgery. For some reason, I thought she was having surgery too like Ellen did (guess we had a brain burp!)

Ellen, I'm glad your new glasses are in. I didn't notice any tape in WDW, but then again, I NEED glasses so badly!

little al, I can't go outside and play today. It's raining and only 54 degrees.

Nat, I wanna see your photopass pics! How can I? Do you need my email address? Let me know!

Blythe, you and Dan should make lunch a weekly thing...that's cool. I would do the same with John, but I don't wanna!

Di and Deb, I am so happy your DL trip is almost here! Stay clear of those fires!

Nikki and Jared, I can't tell you how glad I am to see you on JQ nowadays. I so enjoyed meeting you!

Pogo, I like your cure for Mondays!

Well, I better get. I have to start getting things together for Olivia's birthday party. (It's not THIS weekend, but the next). I can't believe my baby is going to be 8!!!

Have a good evening!
    INTERCOT Staff-
    Nightlife, Shops, Water Parks/DCL/runDisney

DVC owner- BLT, Alauni, SSR, Vero, OKW

Next:

Oct- WLV
    Nov- Vero
    Dec- BWV
    Jan- SSR runICOT WEEKEND!
    Feb- Poly
    Mar- Disney Wonder
    Apr- AKL Kidani