Quantcast Patriots and Running Up the Score

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PirateLover View Post
    battlefield2freak- I'm sorry, but you are overreacting. First of all, I just went back and re-read this entire thread. I think that almost everyone has gone out of their way to say that they are not attacking Pats fans. This is a sports board and we are debating the practices of the team and the organization, not the fans. In fact almost every single one of us has said we LIKED the Pats, but question their tactics this year. Is the spotlight on them more? Of COURSE it is! How can it not be with the cheating scandal, and Belichick's smug attitude the whole season. But Ian DID give examples of why he thought they ran up the score. Please quote all of these "hateful" attacks that you speak of because I only saw maybe one or two posts in the entire thread that might be considered hateful, and one poster even came back on later and clarified their statements. So I take offense to you labeling us all as nasty haters just because we have something negative to say about your favorite team, because I see no evidence of that.

no im including the thread over the cheating scandal from week 1 against the jets, and there is more examples than that aswell. and why do we need to show the mods these hateful attacks its your job to find them isnt it? and i read this because this involves my favorite team. you would read the same thing if the title was htis for example "(insert fav. team here) and Running Up the Score" now wouldnt you
    I LOVE THE PATRIOTS!!

Austin

Trips to WDW

1999 - AS Music
    2001 - POFQ
    2003 - Pop Century
    2004 - Pop Century
    2006 - Pop Century

Next Trip: Sometime Soon I Hope!

Post Thanks / Like

let me solve the mystery. I am sure austin is referencing my observations of NE sports fans in general in the previous post. pretty sure i was also spoken to by one of the mods in a PM about the comment. also believe that i stated it was not directed at anyone here

let me also say i appologise for anything i said in the past it was not meant to offend was meerly an observation
    -Chris R.

"We now face the danger, which in the past has been the most destructive to the humans: Success, plenty, comfort and ever-increasing leisure. No dynamic people has ever survived these dangers." --John Steinbeck

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Epc0tphr34k View Post
    let me solve the mystery. I am sure austin is referencing my observations of NE sports fans in general in the previous post. pretty sure i was also spoken to by one of the mods in a PM about the comment. also believe that i stated it was not directed at anyone here

let me also say i appologise for anything i said in the past it was not meant to offend was meerly an observation
    well yes i was reffering to that and something else. i just realized why is everyone complaining about this when the nfl hasnt even said a thing.

one observation u can make from that game was the redskins kept giving the patriots the ball and they was playing with a new QB so this really wasnt a big surprise to see them rout the redskins. when you get the ball your intentions are to score points even if you are out in the lead.
    I LOVE THE PATRIOTS!!

Austin

Trips to WDW

1999 - AS Music
    2001 - POFQ
    2003 - Pop Century
    2004 - Pop Century
    2006 - Pop Century

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by battlefield2freak View Post

one observation u can make from that game was the redskins kept giving the patriots the ball and they was playing with a new QB so this really wasnt a big surprise to see them rout the redskins. when you get the ball your intentions are to score points even if you are out in the lead.
    given. i don't think anyone expected the skins to beat the patriots. its more of a respect thing however you don't dial up a homerun ball kinda pass when you are up that far. You let the other team attempt to keep some dignity. we're not saying they should't beat them. its more of saying you don't kick a man when he is down. and as i said in the last post had the eagles or the buccs smuggly tried to run up the score i would be ashamed to say i was a fan. You pointed out earlier how well the Defense was doing well if you are that confident in your defense you can run the ball with your 3rd string guy just to kill clock that is more of what is being said than they should have put on the breaks. and there are several sports reporters showing disdain for the act as well.

you would prolly be surprised to know i cheered for the pats in 2 of their 3 superbowls and also the only team i hate and will cheer for under no circumstances is the skins. it made me sick when laverneus coles was there because he is one of my favorite players
    -Chris R.

"We now face the danger, which in the past has been the most destructive to the humans: Success, plenty, comfort and ever-increasing leisure. No dynamic people has ever survived these dangers." --John Steinbeck

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Epc0tphr34k View Post
    given. i don't think anyone expected the skins to beat the patriots. its more of a respect thing however you don't dial up a homerun ball kinda pass when you are up that far. You let the other team attempt to keep some dignity. we're not saying they should't beat them. its more of saying you don't kick a man when he is down. and as i said in the last post had the eagles or the buccs smuggly tried to run up the score i would be ashamed to say i was a fan. You pointed out earlier how well the Defense was doing well if you are that confident in your defense you can run the ball with your 3rd string guy just to kill clock that is more of what is being said than they should have put on the breaks. and there are several sports reporters showing disdain for the act as well.

you would prolly be surprised to know i cheered for the pats in 2 of their 3 superbowls and also the only team i hate and will cheer for under no circumstances is the skins. it made me sick when laverneus coles was there because he is one of my favorite players
    well i dont think anyone picked them either. but the one person that lit the fuse for me is that redskin who was mad at belichick beacuse he was just doing his job and they are geting paid to stop the patriots and vice versa and there was plenty of times washington could have stoped the patriots around the end when they brought brady out
    I LOVE THE PATRIOTS!!

Austin

Trips to WDW

1999 - AS Music
    2001 - POFQ
    2003 - Pop Century
    2004 - Pop Century
    2006 - Pop Century

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by battlefield2freak View Post
    and i read this because this involves my favorite team. you would read the same thing if the title was htis for example "(insert fav. team here) and Running Up the Score" now wouldnt you
    No one is begrudging you the right to read the thread.

What I am begrudging you is the right to read the thread and then get so angry that some people hold these opinions about your team that you flip out. If you can't handle justifiable criticism of your team then you need to avoid these threads.

And just to be clear ... I reviewed this entire thread and saw not one post that I considered a personal attack. That's why I asked you to point them out to me.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I've been reading these comments with much interest and even more surprise. I never new of any unwritten rule of "Running up points" but I really do not see anything wrong with it.

I'll put it this way. If I'm going to spend £50 to go and see my team play i want to see them obliterate the opposition. If it's my team that's being obliterated then so be it. Patriot fans must be revelling in their teams performances every week and good for them. If the other team aren't good enough then it's tough luck. It's up to the other team to improve.

I'm a Raiders fan so I've got nothing to crow about but if we beat another team by 50 points, majestically spraying the ball to wide receivers in the end zone I certainly won't be worrying about the other team.

I don't believe in "unwritten rules" It goes along with armchair quarterbacks who predict the outcome of the game the day after it's played.
    There are rules and that's it.

Post Thanks / Like

I think it's the fans that worry about this more then the players. Sure they would love to win every game and the Super Bowl but win or lose even lose big time but they still get to go home to there Mansions and big expensive cars and put there huge diamond earrings on. Maybe if ya look at like if NE plays their best the whole game it gives the other teams more of a chance to learn how to play them and it gives the starters more of chance to get hurt.
    Off Site-- All Star Movies-- Pop Century-- Coronado Springs-- Port Orleans French Quarter
    Walt Disney-"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."

Post Thanks / Like

These players earn alot of money probably more than us will probably ever earn in our lifetime. So there paid to do a job . I have absolutley no problem with the Patriots or infact any other team showing how good they are .Infact it means all the other teams have to step up another level to which that can only be good for the game .

People pay to see their team win and neutrals like to see a team inform .... To say or hint that a team should go down a gear or feel basically sorry for that team and stop scoring or stop their game plan is the most ludicrious thing i have heard ..especially in a team sport

The only time i would possibly agree to something like that is in a one sided boxing fight or something along those lines .

Post Thanks / Like

Look how many College and High School football games are totally lopsided. Seems like every week there's scores like 50-60 to 7 or something like that.

Look at some of these scores from college games, 42-9, 56-3, 58-10, 64-12, 48-3, 58-0 but I never here anything about those teams running up the score and I only looked at 2 weeks worth of games.

Here are some of the most lopsided scores this year 59-0, 59-3, 63-6, another 59-0, 79-10, 73-10. Why is what the NE Pats did worse then these games? I don't see much difference between College football and the NFL.
    Off Site-- All Star Movies-- Pop Century-- Coronado Springs-- Port Orleans French Quarter
    Walt Disney-"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."

Post Thanks / Like

i can remember one high school games i went to just recently. the score at the start of the 3rd: 63 - 7 the final ended up being 85 - 10. i agree with raider completely. i mean the players are getting paid to play there very best so they arent going to stop to let up on them.
    I LOVE THE PATRIOTS!!

Austin

Trips to WDW

1999 - AS Music
    2001 - POFQ
    2003 - Pop Century
    2004 - Pop Century
    2006 - Pop Century

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by caryrae View Post
    Look how many College and High School football games are totally lopsided. Seems like every week there's scores like 50-60 to 7 or something like that .... I don't see much difference between College football and the NFL.
    Actually, there's a huge difference. It's called the BCS.

In college football, margin of victory is a key stat that's taken into account in the BCS rankings, therefore, running up the score is not only acceptable it's necessary to ensure good Bowl positioning.

Don Banks wrote a great column today at SI.com discussing why it's not accepted in the NFL:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200....html?bcnn=yes
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: