Quantcast Adventures Club

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Adventures Club

Post Thanks / Like

Default Adventures Club

DH really wants to go to the Adventures Club on our trip in Jan. We were able to take advantage of the free hopper and water park and more deal (thanks to MJ) so I have agreed to go with him. I really don't know much about it. Has anyone gone? What is it like? Can you recommend it? Thanks!
    Last edited by TBY2225; 11-01-2007 at 04:02 PM. Reason: left something important out!
    Dec 08 SSR & first trip at holidays!
    Jan/Feb 09 Girl's only weekend with McGoofy!
    Sept 09 bounceback free dining again!

"I just want to live happily ever after every now and then." Jimmy Buffett

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

It's so much fun! It's my favorite club at PI. It's a little raunchy, but all in good fun. It's not a normal club- ie dancing.

We never stayed long enough to really go into the other rooms, but I definately plan on going there numerous times in Jan! Perhaps I'll see you there!

Post Thanks / Like

It's a lot of fun! It's basically an improv type set up where characters walk around the club and interrect with guests, then proceed to one of the special rooms for a show.

There is quite a bit of audience participation in the shows but it's all in good fun. It's definitely more geared towards adults and possibly late teens. Nothing too over the top, but some risque type humor from time to time.

It's also neat to walk around the club and look at all of the cool artifacts hanging on the walls. Read the captions on the photos on the upper level for some good laughs.

Definitely give it a shot - I think you'll have a good time!
    DVC Member Since 2000
    1998 - Offsite (Our Honeymoon!)
    1999 - Offsite
    2000 - GF & BWV
    2001 - BWV & OKW
    2002 - OKW
    2003 - OKW
    2004 - OKW
    2005 - OKW & Gaylord Palms
    2006 - OKW & Omni Champions Gate
    Most Recent Magic! - November/December 2007 - OKW & AKL

Post Thanks / Like

Default he he he

I'm sure your DH will appreciate this post.
    - Ox -

"Well, my name's Dewey Oxburger. My friends call me Ox." - Dewey Oxburger Stripes
    "Yes, I am a pirate two hundred years too late." - Jimmy Buffett A Pirate Looks at Forty
    "Have fun stormin' da castle." - Miracle Max The Princess Bride

Post Thanks / Like

My wife, SIL and I went last time we were there, and we all enjoyed it immensely. We stayed long enough for one of the shows, which was definitely worthwhile. As others said, it's not a club in the normal sense, but that doesn't mean that it isn't fun.

Post Thanks / Like

You must go to the AC!!!

It's my most favorite thing in all of WDW. I'm this short of being obsessed with it.

Even though I love it, some people don't feel the same way. It might be that way in your case (I hope not, though). At least give it a try. If you enjoyed it one night be sure to go back again and see if you notice anything (I won't give that surprise away).

Here's the premise of the AC. It's set in what's supposed to be a 1937 club where various adventurers meet to share their tales of adventure. There are "characters" walking around who interact with the guests. The actors and actresses that portray these roles are wonderful. I'm always blown away by their talent. During the course of an evening there are about 12 different "shows". The main shows take place in the Libary. Smaller shows take place in the Mask Room and in the Treasure Room. The shows are very guest interactive. The performers are great about learning something about a guest and running with it or will bring it up in a later show.
    Next Trip: November 2008-- Disney Cruise: Land (the Poly) & Sea (4 nights)

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the great advice! I am sure DH (YoungOx96) and I will have a great time. This kind of thing is right up his alley!
    Dec 08 SSR & first trip at holidays!
    Jan/Feb 09 Girl's only weekend with McGoofy!
    Sept 09 bounceback free dining again!

"I just want to live happily ever after every now and then." Jimmy Buffett

Post Thanks / Like

AC is our favorite nite time spot. As others have said, it is interactive theater, so be prepared to interact with the performers. Despite what the hosts at the front door might say, all of the shows during the evening are scheduled and posted downstairs. Look for plaques by the entrance to the Library and 2 smaller rooms. They will tell you when the shows begin. I would highly recommend 'Samantha's Cabaret'.
    First visit 1971
    Annual pass member
    Visit 2005
    May 2005 become DVC Member!!!
    Last visit 2006
    Last minute 2007 trip (for my 50th Bday)
    January 1, 2010 for 8 days
    January 2, 2012 for 7 days!!
    November, 2013, quick trip
    October 2014 1st time with future son-in-law

Post Thanks / Like

I love the Adventurer's Club since it involves 2 of my favorite things, alcohol and laughter. Usually DH gets picked for something embarassing so it doesn't get any better than that for me

'the only thing that counts is the love of duty; when love & duty are one, then grace is in you & you will enjoy a happiness which passes all understanding.

Post Thanks / Like

Kungaloosh to all adventurers! This is our favorite club, and it can be hilarious! Just looking around at everything in there is both interesting and funny. I love the characters, interacting with them, and seeing the shows. We never miss this club! 13 more days and counting until we're there!
    "Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear eats you. But always dress for the hunt!" Kungaloosh!

"Happy are those whom the Muses love."

Post Thanks / Like

My DH and I go there at least once every vacation. We love it! They have shows in different rooms at various times, as well as in the main lobby. My favorite has to be the library. A year or two ago, my hubby was invited on stage to do some dancing! It was great! And the Kungalooshes are wonderful!
    January '08: All Star Sports
    October '06: Pop Century
    February '06: Pop Century
    February '05: Wilderness Lodge
    February '04: Pop Century
    February '03: Wilderness Lodge
    June '02: All Star Sports (1st anniversary)
    June '01: Port Orleans-French Quarter (Honeymoon)
    August '99: Caribbean Beach

Post Thanks / Like

A little late to the thread, but I must say that the AC is a great place to go to. The interactive aspect is great. I would recommend getting there as early as possible, though. While there is a decent amount of people in there in the first few hours, you'll probably have more one-on-one time with the characters.

There is some risque humor during the evening's entertainment, but nothing too obscene. It is a little bit of a buzzkill, though, when the members are making innuendoes and double entendres in the midst of kids, who you will find there every night unfortunately.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff

Post Thanks / Like

It is a little risky, but the nature of the club is pretty well known, and if parents still decide to bring their children, it's their choice. why should it ruin our evenings? There should be some place in disney that is adult fun too!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Samtastic View Post
    It is a little risky, but the nature of the club is pretty well known, and if parents still decide to bring their children, it's their choice. why should it ruin our evenings? There should be some place in disney that is adult fun too!
    For me, the purely adult fan can be found at 8Trax. Only adults there...And I'm glad for that. It was rather odd several years ago when you would visit the club and see 10 and 11-year-olds in the club while overtly sexual songs like "Relax" by Frankie Goes To Hollywood and "In My House" by the Mary Jane Girls were playing.

Now that the 21-and-over thing is in effect, things are the way they should be at dance clubs.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff

Post Thanks / Like

Just returned from a "mom's only" trip to Disney. Went to PI for the first time and Adventurer's Club was a total blast. We actually spent almost the whole night in there!!! Hathaway Browne seemed to play off our craziness.....which resulted in us going on stage at the end of the night.

The following evening two of us girls went back for more. Pleasure Island was a bit less crowded (a Sunday) and we walked back & forth from AC to 8 Trax dance club. I haven't danced that much in years

Planning on taking my DH there next year. Kungaloosh!

Post Thanks / Like

Do you think a mature 17 year old would be allowed in the Adventurer's club? WHat is the actual age requirements for the club? And do you think that age is appropriate?

Thanks!
    "Is there a 12 step program for this Mouse addiction?"

Next Trips:

11/18-11/29 Destination D:Amazing Adventures!! GF for two nights then Caribbean Beach with free dining...

Post Thanks / Like

17 will be great age for AC. There is no age limit, but, obviously, the younger kids won't get a lot of the references and jokes, but they still will enjoy the obvious sillyniss of the characters. The parents of younger children, however will be singled out by the cast members for their fine parenting skills in bringing their kids to a 'bar'!!
    Disney has modified one of the main characters over the years to make her less 'suggestive'. The french maid used to be called Fifi, and was usually a very coquettish, 'dumb blonde' type. The last time we went (summer 07) the character had been renamed SugarSnap and was now much more 'with it'. Being a hot blooded male, I missed the old character!
    First visit 1971
    Annual pass member
    Visit 2005
    May 2005 become DVC Member!!!
    Last visit 2006
    Last minute 2007 trip (for my 50th Bday)
    January 1, 2010 for 8 days
    January 2, 2012 for 7 days!!
    November, 2013, quick trip
    October 2014 1st time with future son-in-law

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Drosenbe!!! I have a friend who might meet us there and bring her 17 year old daughter and she wanted to know about it... I feel better now!
    "Is there a 12 step program for this Mouse addiction?"

Next Trips:

11/18-11/29 Destination D:Amazing Adventures!! GF for two nights then Caribbean Beach with free dining...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drosenbe View Post
    The french maid used to be called Fifi, and was usually a very coquettish, 'dumb blonde' type. The last time we went (summer 07) the character had been renamed SugarSnap and was now much more 'with it'. Being a hot blooded male, I missed the old character!
    I believe the name of the maid changes based on the actress who is playing the character on a given night.
    October 2001-AKL-Honeymoon!
    September 2002-OKW
    February 2003-Offsite-Doubletree Club LBV
    December 2004-Pop Century
    November 2007-ASMU

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by discjoker View Post
    I believe the name of the maid changes based on the actress who is playing the character on a given night.
    There are many different maids played by many different actresses.

The maid on duty on my visit this year was named Gaby Normal. The actress played her well. She was a typical dumb blonde character with a voice to match, but she turned the voice off while I engaged in a conversation about my autism. It was us two sitting at the bar and it was a good conversation. Several people were coming out from a show in one of the side rooms (The mask one, I believe), so we wrapped up the conversation and I think I said something like "Time to get back in character".

The actors and actresses who play the characters are very funny, but if someone is distraught and/or frightened, they can help calm that person down as well.

I'll always remember how the actress playing Samantha Sterling calmed me down and comforted me after I was disturbed by the sight of a drunk so dangerous that not only did the police have to get him out, but the talents playing Pameila and Emil had to break out of character to help get him out as well.

You never know what to expect there, but it's always interesting.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: