Quantcast Survivor: Micronesia - Fans vs. Favorites - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Ooh, I want to know too!! Can you write it in white?? You can PM me if you rather but I know other people want to see it. I'll send back to who emailed me the original list, I haven't heard anything else on this thing.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I've had a lot of PMs on this. Can I post it in white, would that be okay with everyone? I know some people hate spoilers.

Okay, list below in white- if you don't want to see, don't highlight. And keep in mind, it could be wrong.

Amanda from China
    James from China
    Yau-Man
    Ozzy
    Jonathan
    Parvati
    Cirie
    Ami
    Eliza
    Jon "Jonny Fairplay" Dalton (!?)
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Fairplay Heads Up Survivor's New All-Stars
    by Gina Serpe

Good news for fans of antagonistic television. Bad news for Johnny Fairplay's grandmother.

The Survivor: Pearl Islands schemer is one of 20 castaways tapped by CBS to battle it out on Survivor: Micronesia—Fans vs. Favorites.

On the upcoming 16th installment of the reality stalwart, 10 all-stars will vie against 10 wannabes for the chance to outwit, outplay and outlast each other for the $1 million prize.

Leading the list of all-stars is Jon "Johnny Fairplay" Dalton, arguably one of the series' most notorious contestants. Prior to publicly tussling with Danny Bonaduce, Dalton made headlines by conning his fellow castaways into believing his grandmother had died in order to win an immunity challenge.

Also coming back for seconds: Vanuatu's Eliza Orlins and Amy Cusack, Panama's Cirie Fields, Cook Islands' Jonathan Penner, Ozzy Lusth and Parvati Shallow, Fiji's Yau-Man Chan and China's Amanda Kimmel.

The only two casts since 2004's Survivor: All-Stars not to be represented this time around are Palau and Guatemala. According to Entertainment Weekly, Palau winner Tom Westman was originally asked by producers to participate in the season but declined the offer. As a result, no previous winners are in the running.

For his part, Fairplay is the only cast member in the current lineup who predates the previous all-star installment—something he publicly groused about at the time.

Aside from the familiar faces, the show will again feature an Exile Island, something which was dropped from the last go-round in China in lieu of a kidnap concept.

Another familiar element loyal viewers can look forward to: the scenery.

Survivor: Micronesia, which wrapped production in late 2007, filmed on the Rock Islands, the same location that was used on Survivor: Palau.

Jeff Probst will again play ringmaster as the show favorites battle with a group described by CBS as ultra-fans when the show kicks off Feb. 7.

Here's a full rundown of both tribes:

FAVORITES:
    Yau-Man Chan, 55, Survivor: Fiji, computer engineer
    James Clement, 30, Survivor: China, grave digger
    Ami Cusack, 34, Survivor: Vanuatu, nanny
    Johnny Fairplay, 33, Survivor: Pearl Islands, professional wrestler/reality star
    Cirie Fields, 37, Survivor: Panama, O.R. coordinating nurse
    Amanda Kimmel, 23, Survivor: China, fashion designer
    Oscar "Ozzy" Lusth, 26, Survivor: Cook Islands, freelance photographer/writer
    Eliza Orlins, 25, Survivor: Vanuatu, law school student
    Jonathan Penner, 45, Survivor: Cook Islands, writer/producer
    Parvati Shallow, 25, Survivor: Cook Islands, nonprofit organizer

FANS:
    Joel Anderson, 32, firefighter
    Natalie Bolton, 32, bartender/personal trainer
    Michael "Mikey B" Bortone, 34, aspiring writer/actor
    Tracy Hughes-Wolf, 43, commercial and residential builder
    Alexis Jones, 24, motivational speaker
    Erik Reichenbach, 22, art student
    Mary Sartain, 29, real estate/financial company owner
    Jason Siska, 22, gymnastics coach/student
    Kathleen Sleckman, 45, gold course vendor
    Chet Welch, 48, pharmacy customer service/pageant coach
    ¨¨*:•

"Here You Leave Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow and Fantasy!"

Post Thanks / Like

The official site is up on CBS.

I'm happy to see Ozzy, Yau-Man and James back. It's such an interesting concept and can't wait to see it play out.

Post Thanks / Like

I was really shocked when I heard that Fairplay was coming back. I didn't want to believe it, with his recent behavior with Danny Bonaduce and things I'd heard in the past about Jeff Probst's problems with him. I'd heard that Probst had made sure that Dalton would be banned from any Survivor events at which Jeff Probst would be attending. Maybe it was just a rumor? But sheesh, this may be one time I approve of a team throwing a challenge-- anything to be rid of that character.
    Sherri

Post Thanks / Like

I think what Johnny did was so dispicable that I am sad to see him back. I'm really surprised that the show is putting him back on. Let's hope everyone else thinks so and he is the first to go.
    I DO believe in fairies, I DO, I DO!

1977-2007 various resorts
    August 2007 CBR
    August 2009 Poly
    2010 July/August Ply
    2012 July BC & Christmas ASM
    2014 Sept BC
    2015 Sept BC Oct CS
    2016 May FQ Oct GF
    2017 Nov YC

Post Thanks / Like

Where is Ozzy in that picture? Is he in the back with short hair? I don't know if I can watch, it was too nervewracking before watching someone I know on there, but she looks to be one of the stronger competitors. Oh, I think it would be funny if she ended up like "Romber" with the million and Ozzy or some other guy (not Johnny). I hope someone gets one over on Johnny, that was a horrible thing to do. A few of them are definitely on for ratings purposes.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd like to know how CBS picked 'favorites'. There are only two or three in that group I care to see again. In fact many are people I didn't enjoy watching the first time they were on.

Post Thanks / Like

Shari, yes, it looks like Ozzy is in back, right side, with the short hair.

Carol, I think it probably depended on who was willing to come back and what they were willing to accept for reimbursement. The first time they had a Survivor All-Stars, the returning cast all came in with agents and negotiated their pay demands. Richard Hatch (the most costly returner), for instance, reportedly wouldn't accept less than a certain amount no matter what place he was voted out. It became expensive because the producers had to greatly exceed the amounts they normally pay for last place, etc.

I'm not sure what negotiations went on this time, but it's possible that some people priced themselves too high. Or maybe it was simply that difficult to come up with enough favorites. The past few seasons haven't produced a lot of stand-outs. I do like most of the cast, though. Yau-Man, Cirie, Ozzy, and James definitely became favorites. Parvati ranked consistently high in the website popularity ratings. The rest seem to be fillers (to me, Ami and Eliza never stood out much, and Jonathan was annoying at best) and then there's Jonny Fairplay, obviously there to shake things up.
    Sherri

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so excited, Mike and Gale are throwing a private Survivor party at a nearby establishment for Parvati, so we're going to that to watch the show! I told dh that he could take the kids home earlier if he wants, he isn't as much into the shows like me. I'm not sure if Parvati will be there or stayed in L.A., I'd love to see her, plus I don't get out as much as I used to, so this will be fun, they are a fun family.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by murphy1 View Post
    I'm so excited, Mike and Gale are throwing a private Survivor party at a nearby establishment for Parvati, so we're going to that to watch the show! I told dh that he could take the kids home earlier if he wants, he isn't as much into the shows like me. I'm not sure if Parvati will be there or stayed in L.A., I'd love to see her, plus I don't get out as much as I used to, so this will be fun, they are a fun family.
    Ooh, fun! I hope she's there, but fun either way. Tell us if you hear any scoop. I mean, PM me. I don't want to encourage spoilers.
    Sherri

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PolyGirl40 View Post
    I'd like to know how CBS picked 'favorites'. There are only two or three in that group I care to see again. In fact many are people I didn't enjoy watching the first time they were on.
    I don't understand their "favorite" picks either. I am rooting for Ozzy to win, unless I like someone on the fan side better. And Yau-man and James are the only ones that I care to see again on the favorite side.

If Johnny Fairplay is off the charts obnoxious it will have me fast forwarding though all of his scenes. Yuck!
    Donna
    Intercot Staff

My father's name was Ferdinand, my mama's name was Liza, they didn't know what to call me so they called me Ferdiliza!
    Billy Hill and the Hillbillies - "I'm OK!"

Please support INTERCOT'S wonderful sponsers!

BostonChic Guest

Thumbs up Survivor

I am excited its on tonight My husband and I have seen every Season

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by PolyGirl40 View Post
    I agree. This is an underwhelming list, to say the least.

I'm sorry, but I found Parvarti incredibly irritating, fake, and obnoxious the first time around. The last thing I want is to have to live through that again.

And Johnny Fairplay?? Please ... honestly, if he comes off as some over-the-top villain this season I may have to stop watching.

Ozzy will probably be my favorite going in ... maybe Yau ... but honestly I'm kinda hoping that the newbies produce some good new talent, because otherwise this could be a very annoying season of Survivor.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I went to the website and some of the newbies looked like they could be worth watching. I'm also guessing that Fairplay doesn't stick around long. I would vote him off first chance I got. So it all depends on what happens when the so-called favorites lose for the first time. Will they want someone around who is obnoxious and they can't trust? I don't think so. The thing with the favorites is they all have an idea of what they can expect from each other.

On Live with Regis and Kelly, Probst said there was a hot and heavy romance in this group. I wonder who that will involve? Interesting.
    Sherri

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation

One thing I will say ... the way the early dynamics develop in this show will be interesting.

I would assume (and this may be written somewhere already and I just missed it) that the will divide the tribes between the veterans and the newbies. That means that we won't have to worry about all the experienced players banding together to boot the noobs. It'll give time for them to get used to the game and get their feet under them before they have to go head-to-head with the vets.

But if they do any tribe shake-ups or anything, it could get very interesting very quickly!
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    I'm sorry, but I found Parvarti incredibly irritating, fake, and obnoxious the first time around. The last thing I want is to have to live through that again.
    Me too.

I watched an hour special over the weekend on TV Guide Network. It was a behind the scenes show and introduced everyone. Jeff also gave some insight on the Fairplay thing. Although most people despise him - he is still the most talked about Survivor. Hence they are bringing him back.

I can understand that - but still ......

There is one gal on the Fans side that Jeff really thinks can win - if she plays her cards right.

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting insight from you guys. I'm very excited for the premiere tonight.

Post Thanks / Like

That was wonderful!! I liked the fans beating the favorites. And I loved Johnny Fairplay getting the old heave ho right off the bat!!
    Donna
    Intercot Staff

My father's name was Ferdinand, my mama's name was Liza, they didn't know what to call me so they called me Ferdiliza!
    Billy Hill and the Hillbillies - "I'm OK!"

Please support INTERCOT'S wonderful sponsers!

Post Thanks / Like

A great start!! How great it is that Fairplay is off the show!! I am sick that they even brought him back!!
    John (aka HndrdPrcnt)

DL CM 1987 - 1994
    CM WDW Trips 87,89,90,92
    CBR 1994
    Beach Club 1998
    All Stars 2000
    POP Sept 25-Oct 2 2006

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: