Quantcast On-board Disney Trivia game

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default On-board Disney Trivia game

Has anyone participated in the Disney Trivia game on the ship? What was it like? Is it for kids, adults, or both?
    MNDisneyFan

Oct '95 - WDW
    Oct '98 - WDW
    Sep '03 - WDW
    Jan '08 - 7 night E. Caribbean
    Jan '08 - WDW
    Nov '15 - WDW
    Sept '20 - WDW
    Sept '20 - 3 night Bahamas

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I’m anxiously awaiting a response to your post. I hope someone who knows about it can share their knowledge with us.

tr

Post Thanks / Like

Although we never got a chance to play any of the trivia games, they are listed in the ship's Personal Navigators as "Fun for the Whole Family" - so I think that pretty much says it all. There are so many things to do onboard, you just can't get to them all .

Natomas, California = 2908 miles from WDW
    Post Thanks / Like

MnDisneyFan
    Polynesian & DCL - 1st trip Jan 3rd '08 ºOº
    Many Trips to Disneyland Resort ºOº

Even if you're on the right track - you'll get run over if you just sit there!!
    - Will Rogers

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, but unfortunately “Fun for the whole family” doesn’t necessarily mean that the entire family participates. It could just mean that the whole family could enjoy watching.

I think what we’re really interested in is what the setup is like. Do individuals compete like on Jeopardy? Teams like on Family Double Dare? Or just whatever group you get together like on Cash Cab? Do kids play against other kids? Adults against adults? Families against other families? Are there age restrictions?

I’m sure someone out there has seen this in action. Please enlighten us.

tr

Post Thanks / Like

Hey thanks...that's exactly what I was asking.
    MNDisneyFan

Oct '95 - WDW
    Oct '98 - WDW
    Sep '03 - WDW
    Jan '08 - WDW
    Nov '15 - WDW
    Sept '20 - WDW

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AbeeNormal View Post
    MnDisneyFan
    Thanks! What a great site!
    MNDisneyFan

Oct '95 - WDW
    Oct '98 - WDW
    Sep '03 - WDW
    Jan '08 - WDW
    Nov '15 - WDW
    Sept '20 - WDW

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't been a cruise yet (first timer in January!) but I sure have been reading alot.

I was a bit confused as to which Disney trivia game you meant, since it seems like there are several and there are different ones for different age groups...like a Disney Music Trivia game for the 8-9yrs old crowd.

Mickey Mania is one that I found that is specifically a family game, so I assume this might be the one you are interested in.

I found a great site that had someone's first hand experience with the game. They said that CM's ask that they group into twos, one adult and a child. Then they pick, from what I understand, the group that looks like they really want to be picked. Overall, they have 4 teams of twos competing at a time for three rounds of trivia questions.

I hope this kinda answered your question. If it didn't, what I suggest is doing exactly what I did.

I went to Disneycruise.com, under onboard, and clicked on activites. There you can find all the activities on-board with a quick description. It also mentions the age groups the shows and games are geared toward, so that is pretty cool. Then I googled specifically the entertainment I wanted to know more about.

Man I love the internet.
    Aug 2006-POFQ & MWC
    Feb 2007-DL
    Jan 2008-POP/DCL
    Sept 2009-Cont
    May 2010-POP
    May 2011-Poly/YC
    Sept 2011-Cont
    April 2012-POP
    Jan 2013- AKL
    Sept 2013- BLT/Swan
    Upcoming Trips
    April 2015- Cont/BWI

Post Thanks / Like

We had really wanted to do the Mickey Mania Trivia Challenge on our cruise last November, but there was so much to do on a 3 night cruise. It is on our "must do" list for our 4 night cruise in February. If you can all wait that long , I'll tell you all about it!
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angedeaile View Post
    I haven't been a cruise yet (first timer in January!) ...
    Mickey Mania is one that I found that is specifically a family game, so I assume this might be the one you are interested in.
    It will be my first Disney cruise in January as well, and yes, I think it is the Mickey Mania one that I'm interested in...thanks for the info, and the tips to find out more!
    MNDisneyFan

Oct '95 - WDW
    Oct '98 - WDW
    Sep '03 - WDW
    Jan '08 - WDW
    Nov '15 - WDW
    Sept '20 - WDW

Post Thanks / Like

In Jan, we did a few Trivia challenges on board.

I think we did "Who Wants To Be A Mousekateer" (It could have been Mickey Mania, but I think it was the Who Wants..), and everyone got a number. They did a random number pick with the computer. There were SO many age ranges! There was a little boy who didn't need much help, and an elderly man who needed quite a bit of help. It was very fun and they never stopped us from helping out. That was a great time. It was a REAL family trivia game. There were prizes awarded.

Another one that I personally played in was the Disney Music Trivia, for the whole family. They had music played for a bit (they had the live piano player play, since they couldn't find their audio). You had to name the exact name of the song and the movie (or attraction) it was from. You then went over it, and the person with the most correct answer won. I won! Only perfect score! And I was 23. I won a medal and a nice travel mug.

They had some trivia games that were just adults only, normally not Disney related. The ones for the family, all could play.
    Morgan- DVC, AP, Perfect Princess, Married at Disney
    Off-site * POFQ * ASMu * POR * FW * BWI/V * Dolphin * AKL-Jambo/Kidani * WL * ASSp * Swan * POP * CBR * OKW * CSR * ASMo * BLT * SSR * AoA * DCL-Platinum * DLParis * DLR

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds fun! Thanks for the info. It sounds like there are several Trivia games. I suppose the "Navigator" tells us when the games are and where, correct?
    MNDisneyFan

Oct '95 - WDW
    Oct '98 - WDW
    Sep '03 - WDW
    Jan '08 - WDW
    Nov '15 - WDW
    Sept '20 - WDW

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MNDisneyFan View Post
    Sounds fun! Thanks for the info. It sounds like there are several Trivia games. I suppose the "Navigator" tells us when the games are and where, correct?
    Indeed they do! Just check out the entire day's listing the night before, and you're set! They have everything divided up into children, family, and adult events.

The hardest part is finding your way around the ship (you'll figure it out by day two) and picking which things to do! There's just SO much to do, its great!
    Morgan- DVC, AP, Perfect Princess, Married at Disney
    Off-site * POFQ * ASMu * POR * FW * BWI/V * Dolphin * AKL-Jambo/Kidani * WL * ASSp * Swan * POP * CBR * OKW * CSR * ASMo * BLT * SSR * AoA * DCL-Platinum * DLParis * DLR

Post Thanks / Like

Me and my nephews (12 & 14) wanted to do Mickey Mania but the night we went, all the contestants were parents with young kids, so we wouldn't feel right about beating them with our vast knowledge. It is a fun game though.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: