Quantcast Disney Vacation Club??

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Disney Vacation Club??

Is it worth being in the Vacation Club???? How much of an impact did it make on your vacations???
    A llama? He's supposed to be dead!

(starting last year...)
    Feb 08- 4 days at Saratoga Springs
    Apr 08- 6 days at Old Key West
    July 08- 10 days at Beach Club Villas
    Christmas 08- 6 days at Beach Club Villas
    April 09- 2 days at Universal Studios Orlando

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to move your post over to the dedicated DVC Forum... hold on to you hat... here we go..............
    Ed
    Senior Imagineer Emeritus

Welcome to the INTERCOT forums !

Post Thanks / Like

If you typically go to WDW at least once every 2 years, and you typically stay in a deluxe resort, then the answer is a definite YES.

It seems that, after you buy DVC, you end up going to WDW more than you did before.
    DVC Mike

Post Thanks / Like

At least we go once every 2 years. We're hoping to get annual passes along with DVC.
    A llama? He's supposed to be dead!

(starting last year...)
    Feb 08- 4 days at Saratoga Springs
    Apr 08- 6 days at Old Key West
    July 08- 10 days at Beach Club Villas
    Christmas 08- 6 days at Beach Club Villas
    April 09- 2 days at Universal Studios Orlando

Post Thanks / Like

The annual pass discount are a nice current perk that I hope continues. DVC has been great for us and we have ended up going more often like Mike said.

Have a look on info central at more information about how DVC works. That may help you decide if it would work for you.
    Mikki
    INTERCOT staff - DVC, Characters, Collectibles and Games

2017 Feb WDW Festival of Art and hopefully winter sunshine
    2017 Aug Disneyland bound

Post Thanks / Like

Your post doesn't indicate where you live. For instance, we live in Nebraska but know we usually make a yearly visit. In 2008 we will go to WDW on August 10-15. We'll buy an annual pass and go from about August 5-10 in 2009 to maximize our passes. We use a Disney Visa to pay our maintenance fees. So for 2008 we get a $100 discount on annual passes but our motel is taken care of. In 2009 our expenses will be for travel and food only. We'll have no motel or ticket expense, which would cost us a lot if we just took a normal vacation. If you know you want to visit WDW almost every year it will save you a lot of money eventually. You can see more benefits if you review the "why to buy" forum in this section of Intercot.
    30+ trips; DCV owner at Beach Club Villas; 4 Disney cruises; 2 trips to Disneyland

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Disney Vacation Club??

We prefer delux accomodations and like to visit at least 1 x per year so it has been so nice for us. The other consideration for my family is that most of our children are over 18. In a delux we would have to pay $25 extra for each of them. With the DVC membership that is not an issue. I came to DVC late and wish I had made the move sooner.

Post Thanks / Like

We like to stay in a moderate twice a year and a value 1 time that same year.Usually 2 trips at 5 nights per trip and 1 trip 7-8 nights.Sounds like it might be a good deal for us.We'd only need a studio because it's only my wife and I traveling.We're also AP holders so what kind of break would we get on those?
    Poly10/75
    FWCabins3/93Poly11/01
    CBR4/05PORand BC2/06Pop11/06
    MarriottGrandeVista5/07
    CBR9/07
    Pop1/08
    POFQ5/08
    CS 9/08
    POFQ 5/09
    CBR9/09
    HRH11/09
    POFQ/POLY5/10
    WL12/10
    Allstar Music1/11
    POFQ 5/11
    OKW 3/31/12
    SSR 9/13
    CBR 9/14
    POR9/16
    CB Univ

Avatar in remembrance of my Dear Old Dad "Big Al"

Post Thanks / Like

You save $100 on annual passes. For three trips a year, you need to find out what your favorite resort is (i.e. Beach Club, etc.) and determine the dates you normally like to vacation. Then look at the charts and see how many points you might use on a yearly basis. For most resorts there are resales via the Timeshare Store. They are an official Intercot sponsor. We purchased through them and it was easy.
    30+ trips; DCV owner at Beach Club Villas; 4 Disney cruises; 2 trips to Disneyland

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by A Foolish Mortal View Post
    Is it worth being in the Vacation Club???? How much of an impact did it make on your vacations???
    YES!!!!! We went from one vacation a year to 2-3 trips a year. We were there last December (2-Bedroom at SSR), February (2 Bedroom at OKW), and September (2 studios at OKW). We are so addicted to going (and we are only about 6-7 hours away by car in Atlanta) we will be heading down for a quick 3 days in December to see the dream lights on the castle, go to MVMCP, see the Osbourne Lights, and hopefully the Candlelight Processional. This is not a DVC trip, but I was able to use my AP for some great discounts at ASM. Our next DVC trip is in March and we will be staying in a one bedroom at BWV. Even though we go a lot, we can't wait to go back. We always get home from a trip and slide back into our "real life" routine and about a week later we are jonesing for Disney. I'm just gald we were able to pull off a quick trip in December.
    ~Tripp West
    Dream CMO Top 3!

1977, 1983, 1986, 1989, 1993, 1996, 2000, 2005, 2006,
    DVC Trips
    12/2006(SSR), 2/2007(OKW),9/2007(OKW),12/07 (ASM-Got a great AP Discount),3/08 (BWV)

Post Thanks / Like

As a family of 6 is just made financial sense to us. We love Disney World and if it were not for DVC we definitely would not be goging on the cruise in January with the children We only go once a year because it is so many points for us but plan to add on in the future
    Amanda, Mom of 4

ASMo Mar 2005
    Pop Sep 2006, Jan 2014, Jan 2016
    SSR Dec 2006
    Disney Magic Jan 2008, Mar 2009, Apr 2011
    OKW Jan 2009, June 2012, December 2017
    POFQ Jan 2012
    VWL Oct 2012
    AKV Jan 2013, June 2013, Aug 2015
    AOA July 2014
    All Star Sports Jan 2015

Jacksboro, Texas (Northwest of Dallas Fort Worth)
    Post Thanks / Like

We prefer the deluxe accomodations also..and now it seems we tend to go every year instead of every other year or so.. Also makes more sense for us since we tend to spend more time at our resort and in our room than most folks do..We are pretty laid back and like to take our time..we always see and do everything we want..of course when you have spent 3-6 weeks per year at Disney when we were just kids it helps
    First trip 1981

Married at Disney's wedding pavillion 12-22-04
    DVC owners @ SSR Dec 2005
    OKW-DEC-2004-Wedding
    VERO BEACH-DEC-2004-(honeymoon)
    ASM-DEC-2005
    SSR-OCT-2006
    SSR-DEC-2007
    AKV owners Jul 08
    SSR Dec 08
    SSR June 09
    New Baby Boy arrived Aug 3 2009 !! (our first)

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: