Quantcast Ban all strollers and wheelchairs... - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SignguyTom View Post
    ...being pushed by little kids.

We just returned from a weekend at DLR and it was absolutely awesome - except being run into by several strollers and a wheelchair being pushed by kids ander the age of 5 or 6. My DD was hit 3 times by the same kid and the parents did nothing to stop it or prevent it from happening again. They just said "sorry" and allowed it to continue. Come on, now, does it really need to be spelled out to these parents that a very crowded park is not the place for this?

Hello...!

Now, I understand that the kids want to do some pushing, and maybe even whine or cry if they are actually told "NO". But there needs to be some common sense exercised in these situations. Anybody with me on this...?!
    I am so with you on this! The same thing happened to my mom and I in Oct. One time a kid (he was probably 8) hit the back of my mom's legs so hard, and the mom looked at us and never said a word. So I said "Be careful!" to the kid, and the mom started going off on me "Don't yell at my child!" So I said "Then parent your kid!" and other things I can't say on here. It truly amazes me how kids are being brought up today! Absolutely no accountability for anything!
    Trips to WDW:
    March 2007 Disney's All Star Movies
    Sept/Oct. 2007 Disney's Port Orlean's Riverside
    Dec. 2008 Pop Century
    April/May 2010 Polynesian

**Countless trips to the Disneyland Resort**

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Dallas, TX (1424.06 miles from the Disneyland Resort)
    Post Thanks / Like

My favorite line I have heard regarding strollers in the park:

"Remember a stroller is not a weapon"

I think banning strollers is a bit extreme.

Most people are considerate with their strollers, but I have been run over a couple of times by thoughtless/unaware people. But hey, I am at Disneyland and I am not gonna let that get me down!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MegaDisney View Post
    My favorite line I have heard regarding strollers in the park:

"Remember a stroller is not a weapon"

I think banning strollers is a bit extreme.

Most people are considerate with their strollers, but I have been run over a couple of times by thoughtless/unaware people. But hey, I am at Disneyland and I am not gonna let that get me down!
    Remember...Banning strollers was jus a hook. I just wanted to open a dialog about little kids pushing them.
    Tom

DLR '76, '81-2x, '85-2x, '01, '03, '04, '05-2x, '07-3x All off-site

DLR '02 PPH
    DLR '07, '13 GCH
    DLR '08, '12 DLH
    DLR '09, '10 GCV
    WDW '82 Royal Plaza
    WDW '98 ASMu
    WDW '06 POR
    WDW '08 POP
    WDW '08, '09, '11 BWV
    WDW '14 OKW, DCL, BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Old topic, great thread. I would like to make a suggestion for those parents, whose kids just have to push or parents just looking for something for the kids to do while walking. Have them help you push. I work with Priority preschool children (3 to 5 year olds with learning divisibilities) when we have to walk somewhere we have some of them help push the strollers with an adult. While on the bus we point out interesting things on the way or talk about things they have done or are going to do. The point is you have to pay attention to the child and engage them and never reward bad behavior. Even if that means leaving the park for awhile. So what if you miss a few rides that is better then spending the day with a screaming child. And if the child is tired by all means take a break. Often times I believe parents at the parks are thinking about their own wants and not about the needs of their children. Just my
    Thanks for listening
    Three years in Connecticut and loving it
    Next trip in Jan 2017 I hope!

Post Thanks / Like

Well, when I was there last month, I never got hit by an ECV or by a child hitting me with a stroller, but every day I was the victim of a parent (usually a mom) who was pushing the stroller in one direction while looking in another direction. Not looking at her other kids, just craning her neck around to look and oblivious to the people directly in front of her. Urgh, I was getting really tired of it. Someone like this driving a Segway would kill someone.....
    The only life I can think of that would be worse than being a special needs mom is not being one...

Poly (04), WL (06), BC (07), AoA (20)
    DL (74, 75, 83, 87, 98, 07, 09. 10)

Magical Journeys is the ONLY way to go!

Post Thanks / Like

I HAVE IT - REALLY !!!

Guest's with small children in strollers on Mon., Thurs., and Sun. mornings.
    Little old ladies in ECV's the rest of the time.

Just kidding. There isn't any one answer - just watch where you're going, and hope the person behind is doing the same.
    REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE!!
    1998 Shades of Green
    1999, 2000,2001, Shades of Green
    2002 Contemporary - 2003 Contemporary - 2004, 2005,2006, Shades of Green
    Dec. 2007 First trip to Disneyland
    Dec. 2008 Shades of Green & JQ "meet"

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: