Quantcast Big Brother 9 (airs Feb 12, 2008) - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool

That poor Adam guy ... I mean, yeah, he was no prize, but come on lady ... you're not exactly Ariel yourself, honey. If I was Adam I would have had a hard time not slapping that broad for being so rude.

Anyway, DW and I were less than enthralled with both the cast and the couples concept. We'll give it a one week trial viewing, but if these people turn out to be as annoying as they look and if this couples thing is as weak as we think it's going to be, no Big Brother for us.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess we are in the minority here but my wife and I loved the couples twist. expecially with the exes being paired together. I think it's gonna make for an interesting season. My other thought was maybe this is supposed to be a shortened season witht he double eliminations. that way it gives them time to reset for the bigger summer show.

Willie Wonka-

"A little nonsense now and then, is cherished by the wisest men"

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I suspect you're right about the shortened season. I'm guessing that was part of the motivation for the couples theme.

Honestly, though, I find the whole thing a little contrived. Especially bringing a boyfriend and girlfriend on the show together and then not paring them up ... that to me reeks of a stunt to drive up ratings with the inevitable conflicts that will occur. I think it's pretty unfair if they didn't know all this upfront.
    Ian ºOº

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Honestly, though, I find the whole thing a little contrived. Especially bringing a boyfriend and girlfriend on the show together and then not paring them up ... that to me reeks of a stunt to drive up ratings with the inevitable conflicts that will occur. I think it's pretty unfair if they didn't know all this upfront.
    Big Brother's middle name is "contrived". As each season has gone on, more situations are created to stir things up. Supposedly all the couples are matched with their "soulmate", but some of these couples just don't seem to fit at all. Maybe when BB said soulmate, they actually meant "sole-mate", in that some of these people would fit well on the bottom of someone's shoe.

I have never been a fan of most of executive producer Allison Grodner's "twists" for Big Brother, but I think the couple thing might acutally be something that works as a new dynamic to the show. At least it fits with this Valentine's edition of Big Brother. I think it could be a good season, but it also almost seems like they are trying to bring Paradise Hotel to Big Brother.

I can understand Sheila not being so happy with her match with Adam, but she didn't have to be so loud and vocal about it ... Especially when they just got in the house, and they game is just starting.

Couples that did seem to be well paired, are: Chelsia and James, Alex and Amanda, and Matt and Natalie.
    Chris °O°
    DISNEYLAND AP - First visit 1969

WALT DISNEY WORLD - First visit 1985
    HONG KONG DISNEYLAND - First visit 2005
    SHANGHAI DISNEYLAND - First visit 2016
    DISNEY DREAM CRUISE - First Cruise March 2019
    FUTURE + WORLD SHOWCASE = EPCOT (Favorite WDW park)

Post Thanks / Like

I am with the majority. I am not sure how I feel about the couple thing. i think we will give it a few shows and if it still annoys me, I will jump ship too Julie Chen said last night that it was still going to last three months, so I am wondering about the shortened season especially if they continue to use the live shows. I guess we will wait and see.
    Danielle

First Trip: April 1977
    Last Trip:- June 15-June 27 BLT and Vero Beach
    Next Trip: June 20-30 Vero Beach

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Don't you think we all watch this tacky program just because of how annoying the people are and how contrived the whole idea of living under a microscope with people that are hard to get along with is???
    Shelia was being very mean with her remarks about Adam's appearance. Some of the things she said within his hearing was just cruel. Now if she wanted to go off on his nose picking I'd think it was justified.
    And where, oh where did they get that awful wallpaper in the rooms?
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI
    First trip to WDW - Dec, 2005
    Last visit to Disneyland - 2014

First trip to Disneyland - 1955

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by 2Epcot View Post
    I think it could be a good season, but it also almost seems like they are trying to bring Paradise Hotel to Big Brother.
    You're the second person that's mentioned that to me. I never saw the show, but apparently it's very close in terms of the concept.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDuckRocks View Post
    Don't you think we all watch this tacky program just because of how annoying the people are and how contrived the whole idea of living under a microscope with people that are hard to get along with is???
    You know, originally this show was sort of unique in that it wasn't particularly contrived.

The first season cast was largely made up of normal people (as opposed to this year's "Real World Wanna-Be's"). There weren't all these hokey twists and "expect the unexpected' stuff ... it was actually a far more genuine show.

Once "A-Grod" took over producing, though, it became more like a reality freak show.
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

I hate to admit this ... but I loved it! The gay guys are cute ... most of the straight guys are cute, and most of the girls are all SO cutesy I almost ... and I almost died then the term "cougar" was thrown out!
    Michael aka: NotaGeek

INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast Staff
    WDW 1/6/16 - 1/11/16 - BRING ON THE COWBELLS!

Please s
    upport INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

I loved the HoH contest. The players are kind of growing on me. One problem I have, though, is Adam and his remarks about special needs children. I think that was really, really offensive. Is this the kind of people who are working with these children?? I sure hope not! If I was his boss, he would no longer have a job.
    I hate that the "couple" let the cat out of the bag so early in the game- I don't think it will be long before it backfires.
    Frequent WDW visitor since 1976!
    Laughter is timeless.Imagination has no age.And dreams are forever.....

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Adam is a complete idiot. I mean, I understand why Parker and Jen voted how they did, but there's no way I could have passed up getting those two out of there. Both of them are just ridiculously annoying!

I don't know who's worse ... Adam and his moronic drivel or Sheila and her constant complaining and whining.

And I think Jen totally blew it by letting the cat out of the bag so soon. They're going to be targets as soon as word gets around, which it will. Dumb, dumb, dumb ...
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

I think it was maybe OK for Jen to do it, but I think Ryan really messed up. His partner is gonna get catty.....
    Frequent WDW visitor since 1976!
    Laughter is timeless.Imagination has no age.And dreams are forever.....

Martinsville, IN 15 hrs. 22 min, 970 mi. from WDW
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree they should of kept a secret longer, but I think the partners are gonna have to play it cool, it's their butts on the line too!! So if they don't want to leave.........
    December 2012 - Pop - All Girl I Wanna Go What's One More Trip
    October 2009 - POR - Grand Gathering
    Dec. 2008 - Port Orleans Riverside
    August 2006 - Pop Century
    October 2005 - Pop Century

Nov. - Dec. 2004 - Port Orleans Riverside
    March 2002 - Ft. Wilderness Campground - Family Reunion Trip

Post Thanks / Like

I thought last nights episode was pretty good I enjoyed seeing Jessica and Eric again well maybe more of Jessica She was my favorite last year.

I do agree Jen really shouldn't have said anything because I'm sure eventaully it will get out. There were other ways she could have convinced Parker to keep Ryan and Allison other then telling him that her and Ryan were dating. I think if the entire house finds that out it could really backfire on them big time.

about something that happened last night.

Last night for some reason that hasn't been announced but from what it sounds like maybe a Family Emergency Neil left the house last night without a word he just went into the diary room and never came back out. Since Josh was his partener he was called into the diary room and asked who he wanted to come back in the house Sharon or Jacob he choose Sharon so Sharon is back in the house.
    Chris

Recent Trips

January 09
    May 08
    Oct-Nov 07

May 07

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

You know, originally this show was sort of unique in that it wasn't particularly contrived.

The first season cast was largely made up of normal people (as opposed to this year's "Real World Wanna-Be's"). There weren't all these hokey twists and "expect the unexpected' stuff ... it was actually a far more genuine show.

Once "A-Grod" took over producing, though, it became more like a reality freak show.
    I didn't see the first season, but wasn't that where Dr. Will and Boogie came from? In season 1 didn't someone have to leave because he threatened somebody with a knife? And the second season brought us Marcelus and Amy. I don't really think any of those people are exactly normal. Good entertainment value and ratings, but not normal.
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI
    First trip to WDW - Dec, 2005
    Last visit to Disneyland - 2014

First trip to Disneyland - 1955

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't see the first season, but wasn't that where Dr. Will and Boogie came from? In season 1 didn't someone have to leave because he threatened somebody with a knife?
    That was all season 2.

Season 1 really was comprised of fairly ordinary people, if you can call Chicken George ordinary.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I didn't see the first season, but wasn't that where Dr. Will and Boogie came from? In season 1 didn't someone have to leave because he threatened somebody with a knife? And the second season brought us Marcelus and Amy. I don't really think any of those people are exactly normal. Good entertainment value and ratings, but not normal.
    No, none of that was season one.

Will and Boogie were (I think) season 3. The knife guy may have been season 2. I think Marcellus and Amy were also season 3.

I'll check the CBS website and see for sure.
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

I was wrong about Will ... he was season 2. The rest I was right about.

If you read the Wikipedia page on Big Brother 1 it reinforces what I said about how different it was from subsequent seasons.
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Will and Boogie were (I think) season 3. The knife guy may have been season 2. I think Marcellus and Amy were also season 3.
    Will, Boogie and Justin (the knife guy) were season 2.

Amy and Marcellus were season 3.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree about it being a different kind of show. Remember how America could call in and vote the people off, the housemates really didn't have a say in who went home like they do now
    Danielle

First Trip: April 1977
    Last Trip:- June 15-June 27 BLT and Vero Beach
    Next Trip: June 20-30 Vero Beach

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell04 View Post
    I agree about it being a different kind of show. Remember how America could call in and vote the people off, the housemates really didn't have a say in who went home like they do now
    Yeah, that was definitely a huge difference.

It was a totally different kind of show that first year. It's pretty much evolved into "Survivor in a house" now.
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: