Quantcast The Dark Knight (opens July 18)

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default The Dark Knight (opens July 18)

Who else is pumped about this movie? When I first saw pics of Heath Ledger as the Joker, I was unsure, but after seeing the IMAX featurette at the beginning of I Am Legend, and seeing the latest trailer released a few days ago I have full confidence that this is gonna be one heckuva Batman movie! I loved Batman Begins and this looks even better. Can't wait for summer!
    (Actually, I can't wait for this weekend either! I'm pumped for National Treasure and Sweeney Todd as well)
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I am looking forward to this movie enormously!!

I, too was at first worried about Heath Ledger but hearing the voice and seeing him in the trailer, he blew me away! The promotional posters are great, the marketing campaign is one of a kind! 2008 will have some very good movies (finally, it's been a long time..) The Dark Knight, Wall-E, Indiana Jones 4, Cloverfield, Be Kind Rewind, Iron Man, Hellboy 2, the new James Bond, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

all very exciting!
    DLP:
    Dec. 1992 - May 1994 - Dec. 1997
    October 1999 - October 2003 - June 2004
    July 2006 - October 2006 - October 2007
    Going November 2008

WDW:
    Dec. 2003- Dec. 2005- November/Dec. 2006
    Dec./January 2007
    Going June 2008

DLR:
    Dec. 2006 - Dec. 2007
    Going July 2008

Post Thanks / Like

WOW! Amazing trailer ... I can't wait and there's lots of buzz that this edition will be the best of all of them! I love super hero movies!
    Michael aka: NotaGeek

INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast Staff
    WDW 1/6/16 - 1/11/16 - BRING ON THE COWBELLS!

Please s
    upport INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

Heath Ledger really seems to have outdone himself. His voice and laugh, his walk, his facial expressions (from what I can tell) just seem so perfectly demented! Honestly, I think I may be the only one but I was never a fan of Jack Nicholson's Joker. It just never clicked. But Heath is working for me so far... I think so far he's definitely stealing this movie from Christian Bale.
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

I did like Nicholson's Joker, but I think because it was so over the top, it was fun but certainly not scary or freaky.

But this time, he looks absolutely perfect! Also I loved Batman Begins, but not the villains..Scarecrow was a little scary when he put on the mask but he wasn't iconic. Same goes for Ra's al Ghul
    DLP:
    Dec. 1992 - May 1994 - Dec. 1997
    October 1999 - October 2003 - June 2004
    July 2006 - October 2006 - October 2007
    Going November 2008

WDW:
    Dec. 2003- Dec. 2005- November/Dec. 2006
    Dec./January 2007
    Going June 2008

DLR:
    Dec. 2006 - Dec. 2007
    Going July 2008

Post Thanks / Like

Did anyone see "I Am Legend" in IMAX and get the full seven-minute prologue? I saw the regular trailer like everybody else and was floored, but I'm wondering about the IMAX version.

Regardless, I really like this new Batman story arc, starting with "Batman Begins." It's obviously a lot different than the series started by Tim Burton in 1989, but it's an excellent reboot.

It's so hard for anybody to compete with Jack Nicholson in the role of the Joker, but Heath Ledger looked great in the trailer. I'm looking forward to this picture and need to rent "Batman Begins" before the summer for a refresher.

Last edited by Jared; 12-29-2007 at 09:21 AM. Reason: Should "the" be capitalized in Joker's name?
    The poster formerly known as Disney_nut

Last Trip: 5/11 -- Swan

Next Trip: 10/11 -- Port Orleans - Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't been as pumped about a movie since Spiderman 3. Hope this one doesn't disapoint like spidey did!

Post Thanks / Like

You can check out the trailer The Official Dark Night Website. There's not much cool on the site yet, but no doubt they will add as the date approaches. I do think it's interesting that The Joker is getting top billing for the reason to see the movie ... uh, what about Batman? Christian Bale ain't all that bad, ya know?
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Michael aka: NotaGeek

INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast Staff
    WDW 1/6/16 - 1/11/16 - BRING ON THE COWBELLS!

Please s
    upport INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

Jared I saw the IMAX version of I Am Legend. What they play is basically the first 7 minutes of the movie, followed by the trailer. I don't want to spoil too much but you don't see batman at all. It's all about Joker and his gang robbing a bank and I thought it was great. It had creepiness, tension and tons of action in one brief scene.

And Michael, I think Joker is being hyped because he is one of the most beloved villains of all time and because they realize they really did hit a home run with casting Ledger in the role. I'd be curious to see the cost of promoting this film because it's just been utterly ridiculous up to this point! I cannot wait.
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NotaGeek View Post
    Christian Bale ain't all that bad, ya know?
    Uh uh, not at all.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh man, I think I may be out now on this movie. My psycho killer clown phobia is kicking into high gear.
    Donna
    Intercot Staff

My father's name was Ferdinand, my mama's name was Liza, they didn't know what to call me so they called me Ferdiliza!
    Billy Hill and the Hillbillies - "I'm OK!"

Please support INTERCOT'S wonderful sponsers!

Post Thanks / Like

I am excited to see this film. The trailer looked great. I like that the Joker is portrayed like a psycho and not like a cartoon character. I expect not to be disappointed.

However, I am more excited about seeing Iron Man with Robert Downey, Jr. It looks better to me than The Dark Knight. Maybe because I have seen too many Batman films and Iron Man is a new thing. I dunno.
    "When I think of vacation, I think of Disney. I really do. They allow you just to open up your imagination and just be a kid again. There's nothing like it in the world."

"There's no rest on planetary duty." -Paul Watson

You'll Never Walk Alone - Justice For The 96!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ChipnDaleGal View Post
    Oh man, I think I may be out now on this movie. My psycho killer clown phobia is kicking into high gear.
    Hmm yea. If you have a phobia of clowns I would stay away. His little posse wears creepy looking clown masks as well.
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PirateLover View Post
    Hmm yea. If you have a phobia of clowns I would stay away. His little posse wears creepy looking clown masks as well.
    Thank you for that tidbit, Maryanne. I think I best save this one for watching in the safety of my own living room, through my fingers. I just don't handle clowns well.
    Donna
    Intercot Staff

My father's name was Ferdinand, my mama's name was Liza, they didn't know what to call me so they called me Ferdiliza!
    Billy Hill and the Hillbillies - "I'm OK!"

Please support INTERCOT'S wonderful sponsers!

Post Thanks / Like

The new trailer was released to everyone today. For the past week you could only see it in front of Iron Man or bootlegged. It's awesome. You can see it at whysoserious.com

And for anyone that likes to geek out...take a good look at Aaron Eckhart as Harvey Dent riding in the car with a gun towards the end...
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come

Post Thanks / Like

I saw the new trailer in front of "Iron Man," only furthering my excitement for this film. I don't think I've ever anticipated a movie more in my life. Christopher Nolan, the director, called Heath Ledger's performance, "iconic." So far, that doesn't appear to be hyperbole.

The poster formerly known as Disney_nut

Last Trip: 5/11 -- Swan

Next Trip: 10/11 -- Port Orleans - Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

I also saw the new trailer and I can already tell Heath Ledger makes a perfect Joker. This new Joker will be a little more creepy than the '89 version from what I've seen so far.

Post Thanks / Like

Do you think we will see Two Face in this movie? Perhaps near the end to make way for the third installment of Batman?
    June 2009, April 2006, May 2001 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    August 2000 - Tokyo Disneyland
    April 1999 - Disneyland
    August 1997 - Courtyard by Marriott
    April 1996 - All Star Sports / Port Orleans
    Jan-May 1994 - WDWCP Tomorrowland Terrace
    August 1989 - WDW Off-site

Post Thanks / Like

I am pretty excited. I am a big fan of Christian Bale in the Batman role, and think Heath Ledger is gona make this one even better than Batman Begins.
    Bern

WDW - 85,88,89,96,08,10,12,13,16,18,19
    Universal - Cabana Bay, May 2019

August 2020 - Port Orleans Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Brown View Post
    Do you think we will see Two Face in this movie? Perhaps near the end to make way for the third installment of Batman?

In my earlier post about the new trailer, I told everyone to take a close look at Harvey Dent towards the end. When he is in the car you can definitely see that the far side of his face is scarred. Whether or not he'll be a full fledged villain I don't know, but he does get scarred.

~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: