Quantcast LOST Season 4 - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: LOST Season 4

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PirateLover View Post
    My first thought was that it was patchy. Then when Locke came out we weren't sure. We rewound at commercial (love that ability to pause and rewind live TV!) and I personally don't think it looks like Locke's eye. And "Jacob" really freaks me out.

Speaking of Locke I really think he's up to no good. I don't think he cares about the best interest of the group, only his own best interest.

My two favorite parts of this episode were Hurley screaming about the "Oceanic 6" so I guess now we know that at least 6 people leave (and by the way he was talking it seems like some people stay)
    I had a different thought about the "eye" that showed up the window--when we back and paused the footage, to me it looks like the same eye that they showed in the previous scene with Jacob. And the guy in the rocking chair looks like Jack's father. Very creepy.

Locke, IMO, has become the Survivor's Ben-type character--the loose canon that you're not quite sure what end of the good/evil spectrum he is swinging from. A question about him--he was shot by Ben and fell into that pit. So did he miraculously recover from his gunshot wound?

So, if Hurley, Jack and Kate make up three of the "Oceanic 6", I will be curious to see who the other three are. The flash forwards offer an interesting new perspective to the story.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh, I wanted to add that I hope you are able to watch the episode on the ABC website, Michael. How disappointing it must have been to come home and find out that your TIVO had messed up.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--

wandering around a freezer somewhere below POTC in NOS
    Post Thanks / Like

One of the things that stuck out for me in last night's episode was that Hurley's "visitor" at the mental hospital was named Matthew Abbadon (we know the writers/producers love to throw in names with meanings and Abaddon is quite a choice not only for the biblical reference but of course the anagrams you can come up with too).

Then, I found it funny that when Jack visits Hurley in the hospital they start playing horse (let's see... H is the 8th letter of the alphabet, and O is the 15th)- another 8 15 reference! And didn't the detective that's interrogating Hurley mention he looked freaked out by something he spotted over by the HO-HO display?

And TiVo is great, especially in HD (highlight to read as they may be spoilers):

1. Hurley is in the interrogation room, the person who swims up to the window mimics Charlie in the flooded station and if you look carefully at the hand he presses against the window before it breaks, he's written "They need you" on it

2. Who is Jacob? Freezing that scene, it looks like it's Christian Shepard

wandering around a freezer somewhere below POTC in NOS
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MNNHFLTX View Post
    So did he miraculously recover from his gunshot wound?
    I wouldn't say it was miraculous- perhaps more fate/luck? It should have been fatal, but there's an explanation in next week's episode as to why it wasn't (still you'd think it would get infected though)

Quote Originally Posted by MNNHFLTX
    So, if Hurley, Jack and Kate make up three of the "Oceanic 6", I will be curious to see who the other three are. The flash forwards offer an interesting new perspective to the story.
    The flash fowards are an interesting direction the show is taking and the identity of the "Oceanic 6" (well, I say it is more 6 + 1) and just why they have to be so secretive.

Post Thanks / Like

One of the Oceanic Six must also be the man that was in the coffin in last season's finale. I keep thinking that is going to be Michael, since I know he is returning for this season.
    Donna
    Intercot Staff

My father's name was Ferdinand, my mama's name was Liza, they didn't know what to call me so they called me Ferdiliza!
    Billy Hill and the Hillbillies - "I'm OK!"

Please support INTERCOT'S wonderful sponsers!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ChipnDaleGal View Post
    One of the Oceanic Six must also be the man that was in the coffin in last season's finale. I keep thinking that is going to be Michael, since I know he is returning for this season.
    I was thinking the same thing. Jacob really creeps me out also!
    Danielle

First Trip: April 1977
    Last Trip:- June 15-June 27 BLT and Vero Beach
    Next Trip: June 20-30 Vero Beach

Post Thanks / Like

I just don't know what to think, Donna. After watching the season finale again on Wednesday, I do think the coffin is on the smaller side. I keep thinking--could it be Walt, Juliet, Sun, Jin or Claire? Or (even stranger) Locke, but perhaps his legs atrophied after becoming disabled again once off the island. And I know Jack was holding an obituary that some have asserted is for a man, but they are careful never to refer to whoever is in the casket as either "he" or "she". And when Jack is asked if he is friend or family, all three of us listening (even on playback) swear Jack is saying "either" (as opposed to "neither"). When we put it on closed captioning, though, it says he's saying "neither".

And another thought--from the looks of it, at least four of the Oceanic 6 (or 6 + 1, as you say Mufasa--I can't wait to see what you mean by that!) live in Los Angeles. It just seems strange that they all decide to live in the same area after they come back, especially Kate. She wasn't from there originally, was she?
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--

Post Thanks / Like

I really enjoyed the premiere. I thought they did a great job (as always) with the recap before the show.

Oh, I bet it's fantastic to watch this show in high-def!! All that lush jungle footage and Sawyer too!
    I love watching this show in Hi-Def. The scenery is so beautiful and vivid ... Makes me want to go to Hawaii everytime I watch.

Quote Originally Posted by NotaGeek View Post
    HORROR OF HORRORS! Clearly my TiVo is out to get me. I didn't get the new Lost taped tonight! I can't watch it until next week unless they have a whole episode on line ... curses!
    Sorry to hear that Michael. I was so afraid that would happen that I had two of my DVRs recording LOST last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Mufasa View Post
    Fasten your seatbelt... there could be turbulence up ahead

I've heard the producers are really saving some of the best reveals (you know, those questions we've really wondered about for a while now) for later, but they've promised that many of the long, nagging secrets of the island will be told this season.
    As long as the smoke monster doesn't turn out to be a projector behind one of the trees, I'll be happy with almost any explanations.

Quote Originally Posted by Diznee4Me View Post
    Great episode!

Did anyone happen to watch the show afterwards which had the Oceanic Airlines "commercial" commercial?

Couldn't justify staying up to watch for it.
    I recorded Eli Stone just to go back and watch the commerical later. I really enjoy all the side things they do with this show to make it even more interesting.

That episode was definitely worth waiting for!! Lots of tension. I had goosebumps on my goosebumps when Hurley was near Jacob's shack. Was Locke in the shack with Jacob? That all went so fast. I need to watch the episode again.

Speaking of Hurley, I thought Jorge Garcia did such a great job of getting the emotion right about Charlie. He is such a great actor and so central to the Lost story. I enjoy him so much and I will miss his interaction with Dominic.
    The shack scene with Hurley was great. You don't get a good suspense scene too often in TV, but that was well done. Jorge Garcia does a fantastic job as Hurley.

Quote Originally Posted by PirateLover View Post
    Speaking of Locke I really think he's up to no good. I don't think he cares about the best interest of the group, only his own best interest. Also the fact that Jack pulled the trigger on Locke!!!! He finally found his guts! But I laughed out loud when it wasn't loaded
    Locke is one you are never really sure about, but I still like his character. I also enjoyed the look on Jack's face when the gun wasn't loaded.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisb26 View Post
    I It really got interesting from the start when Hurley was saying Oceanic Six. Which is interesting because we know 3 of them Jack, Kate, and Hurley but who are the other three, and what happened to the people that didn't make it off?

Also am I the only one that doesn't like Jack? I mean at the end of last season I was beginning to really not like him and its continuing on this season already. He just seems really mean and cold.
    I was also wondering who the others will be who get off the island. I have a feeling Sun and Jin will make it off. They have had a large storyline throughout the series. I also find myself not liking Jack as much.

Locke, IMO, has become the Survivor's Ben-type character--the loose canon that you're not quite sure what end of the good/evil spectrum he is swinging from. A question about him--he was shot by Ben and fell into that pit. So did he miraculously recover from his gunshot wound?
    I just figured whatever allowed Locke to walk did the same healing for the gunshot. It will be intereting to see what the explanation is.
    Chris °O°
    DISNEYLAND AP - First visit 1969

WALT DISNEY WORLD - First visit 1985
    HONG KONG DISNEYLAND - First visit 2005
    SHANGHAI DISNEYLAND - First visit 2016
    DISNEY DREAM CRUISE - First Cruise March 2019
    FUTURE + WORLD SHOWCASE = EPCOT (Favorite WDW park)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 2Epcot View Post
    I love watching this show in Hi-Def. The scenery is so beautiful and vivid ... Makes me want to go to Hawaii everytime I watch.

I just figured whatever allowed Locke to walk did the same healing for the gunshot. It will be intereting to see what the explanation is.
    I really liked watching this in Hi-Def I've been watching last season on my Blu-Ray player I got the regular version not Blu-Ray but have been using a HDMI cord and the picture looks amazing.

I was also wondering how Locke survived the gun shot that would have probably killed anybody else. I do think it has to do with whatever cured his broken back. They have said before he is special to the island so maybe that has something to do with it.

I also wonder a lot with these Flash Forwards are they really a good thing? I like the aspect of it but to me I look at it like this. If Jack, Kate, or Hurley are put in a life or death situation will they die? Not that I would want them to but we know they make it off the island so if they are ever put in that type of situation I wouldn't think they would be dying so that could cause some problems.

I am also starting to wonder about who is in the coffin and if they are one of the Oceanic Six my guess would be yes. Simply because we know it takes place some time after they get back since from the premier we know that Hurley's flash forward was before Jack's so they might be one of them. Also as to who it could be I'm thinking possibly Locke. Right now it doesn't make sense that people wouldn't like him. But something Hurley said in his FF made me think about it. He told Jack he should have went with him and not Locke. Maybe something happens that we haven't seen yet that makes everybody not like Locke.

So many new questions lol Just hope we get some answers this season which I'm sure we will!
    Chris

Recent Trips

January 09
    May 08
    Oct-Nov 07

May 07

Post Thanks / Like

I had a different thought about the "eye" that showed up the window--when we back and paused the footage, to me it looks like the same eye that they showed in the previous scene with Jacob. And the guy in the rocking chair looks like Jack's father. Very creepy.
    I haven't re-watched anything, so I forgot there was an eye in the previous scene. But definitely the Jacob shack scenes have been the creepiest for me.

A question about him--he was shot by Ben and fell into that pit. So did he miraculously recover from his gunshot wound?
    I think it's a combo of the healing properties of the island and the fact that he may have gotten shot where his kidney was removed so it didn't pierce any organs. (I don't know much about anatomy, and I don't remember where he was shot aside from stomach area, I just remember someone posing that theory at the end of last season and it seems plausible).

And yea, we've had an HD tv and cable feed since last season and it's simply amazing.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Okay I am confused... They keep saying "the Oceanic 6" so does that mean that they are the only ones to get rescued off the island and the rest are still there? Any thoughts? At first I was thinking that when Charlie showed up to Hurley that MAYBE it was possible that Charlie survived... I was wrong.... I am really interested though to see what is up with this new team that is with Naomi.

'90~Grosvner Hotel
    '94~Shades of Green
    '03~Off property
    '05~Off property
    '06~youth trip off property
    '06~All Star Movie Resort

"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, dreams are forever."
    ~ Tinkerbell

Post Thanks / Like

DH and I watched seasons 1-3 last fall and were just foaming at the mouths for season 4 . I was not disappointed! Everyone really already touched on most of my thoughts and questions. One thing I thought was really funny and had me and DH laughing out loud was Ben's request to Jack. "If it's alright with you Jack, I'd like to go with Locke". So funny on so many levels.

Ben really keeps flip flopping in my mind as to whether or not he's good or bad. I think that is one of my favorite things about this show. Every character is flawed. There is no 100% good person, kwim?

I'm curious about the virus. I don't feel like that's been mentioned in awhile. What caused all of Rousseau's group to become "sick"? I don't feel like that has been mentioned as a threat for some time.

I am so sad that Charlie was killed. His death scene was the only one that has made me cry while watching TV in a very long time. I'm thrilled to see him on this season here and there.

I think the Oceanic 6 will be Jack, Hurley, Kate, Jin, Sun and someone without another person. So that leaves who? Sawyer, Desmond, Juliet? Sawyer seemed to think the freighter people might be bad, but then so did Hurley and he got off the Island too.

I suspect Jin and Sun because I think they'll REALLY want off the island to help their chances survival during birth.

All so confusing huh?! Hooray LOST

June '97 Offsite

July '99 Contemporary Resort
    Sept. '11 Off-Site: First Family Trip with our kids
    May '12 Pop Century: Trip with my girls
    February '15 AoA plan in the works for the family
    Mom to DDs 9/05 and 5/08 and DSs 3/10 and 1/13

Post Thanks / Like

I have read on on spoiler sites who the Oceanic 6 supposedly are. I don't know how accurate it is and I don't know that anyone wants me posting spoilers. So, I guess either let me know if I should post or PM me if you want to know what that site said
    Jen

Always ready to talk Disney
    Grand Floridian**Contemporary**Polynesian**Wilderness Lodge**Yacht Club**Dolphin**Port Orleans French Quarter**All Star Movies**All Star Music**POP Century**Disney Wonder**Disney Magic**Disney Dream**VWL**Old Key West**Animal Kingdom Lodge**Bay Lake Tower

Post Thanks / Like

Oh -- also read an interview with Jorge Garcia who confirmed that it was Jack's dad he saw sitting in the chair in the shack. However...he said something to the effect of when they first shot the scene, he was supposed to see himself sitting there.
    Jen

Always ready to talk Disney
    Grand Floridian**Contemporary**Polynesian**Wilderness Lodge**Yacht Club**Dolphin**Port Orleans French Quarter**All Star Movies**All Star Music**POP Century**Disney Wonder**Disney Magic**Disney Dream**VWL**Old Key West**Animal Kingdom Lodge**Bay Lake Tower

Post Thanks / Like

One thing I have been thinking about is how long will these "outsiders" the new people on the island be around for? I would think only this season just looking at the last three. First season they explore the island, second the Hatch, and third the others. So I would think it would continue that way this season. Which I wouldn't be against since I wouldn't want them to drown out this storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by fairies*n*fireflies View Post
    Okay I am confused... They keep saying "the Oceanic 6" so does that mean that they are the only ones to get rescued off the island and the rest are still there?
    That is what it sounds like which is very intresting considering there are about 40 survivors still from the plane. What happens to all of them?

Quote Originally Posted by Jessie View Post
    One thing I thought was really funny and had me and DH laughing out loud was Ben's request to Jack. "If it's alright with you Jack, I'd like to go with Locke". So funny on so many levels.

I'm curious about the virus. I don't feel like that's been mentioned in awhile. What caused all of Rousseau's group to become "sick"? I don't feel like that has been mentioned as a threat for some time.

I think the Oceanic 6 will be Jack, Hurley, Kate, Jin, Sun and someone without another person. So that leaves who? Sawyer, Desmond, Juliet? Sawyer seemed to think the freighter people might be bad, but then so did Hurley and he got off the Island too.

I suspect Jin and Sun because I think they'll REALLY want off the island to help their chances survival during birth.
    I thought what Ben said was very funny also. He actually made me laugh a couple times in the premier. Another part was after Jack refused to listen to what Kate had said about where Naomi actually went and took the phone Ben goes "well at least somebody knows what they are doing" I thought that was pretty funny also.

I was also wondering for a while what made Rousseau's people sick and right now I'm thinking that it might have been what they used in the Purge of the Dharma people. That would have caused them all to get sick and die.

I also want to know who the other three survivors are. I hope Sawyer will make it off perhaps that is who Kate was talking about in the Season Finale when she said "he will be wondering where I am" maybe she was talking about Sawyer we know they like each other right now. I don't however think it will be Juliet or Desmond because they said Oceanic Six and neither Juliet or Desmond were on the Oceanic Flight.

I also think it would be good if Jin and Sun make it off the island but I would think they would deal with that at some point on the show. It is only two months for them on the island and I would think in the three seasons remaining they would advance two more months. But I really hope Sun doesn't die it would be great to see that Juliet could finally save somebody.

One other thing I have been thinking about is Hurley said he shouldn't have gone with Locke but how do we know what he was actually talking about? We assume that he is talking about what just happened but we dont know for sure. We dont know how long it is until they make it off the island so for all we know Hurley could be talking about a different time when the group once again splits up.

Too much thinking
    Chris

Recent Trips

January 09
    May 08
    Oct-Nov 07

May 07

Post Thanks / Like

Well, it was a great episode and of course it has my head spinning!!! We learn that Jack was "normal" after he got off the island, before he grew his beard and started taking pills and drinking. It makes me wonder what happened to turn him (and Hurley) so dramatically.

Why didn't Hurley tell the cop that he knew Ana Lucia?

Only 6 people on the Oceanic flight make it back? It leads me to believe that the other people either chose to stay (like Locke) or die by the hands of whomever showed up to the island.

I really want to know what happened to Michael. At the end of season 2 him and Walt sailed away. But we know that it's hard to escape the island in a boat because Desmond tried it and ended up back on the island again. I have a feeling it was either Michael in the coffin at the end of season 3. Michael was controversal with the other survivors on if he should be trusted or not. Jack was very distrought over the person in the coffin but when he asked Kate if she went to the funeral she said "why would I go??" (Or something like that). Also I believe a rumor is the person in the coffin was originally from NY, and Michael is.

Jack's ever changing mood makes me realise what a good actor Matthew Fox is. I haven't started to hate Jack yet, but I think it's coming.
    šOš šOš šOš šOš šOš šOš šOš šOš šOš šOš
    Amber

62 Miles from the Magic!!!!

Stayed at: All Stars Sports, Music and Movies; Dixie Landings; Port Orleans; Pop Century; Yacht Club

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, you guys are covering all bases. Pretty good discussion going on here.

Quote Originally Posted by bleukarma View Post
    Why didn't Hurley tell the cop that he knew Ana Lucia?

Only 6 people on the Oceanic flight make it back? It leads me to believe that the other people either chose to stay (like Locke) or die by the hands of whomever showed up to the island.
    I questioned that too--why Hurley denied knowing Ana Lucia. I figured he thought he would get into trouble with someone, but then again, it would have probably given him brownie points with the police man.

I think that 6 (+1) leave, and that the rest chose to stay, but are probably doing so on the "down low" which is why Abaddon asked Hurley, "Are they still alive?"

šOšprprincessšOš

WDW-75, 79, 89, 91, 98, 04: Offsite; 01: ASMs & CSR; 02: Dolphin; 03: GF & POR; 06: POFQ & BC; 08: WL; 09: CBR
    DL--97-98: AP Holder

Post Thanks / Like

My daughter and I re-watched the epsiode this weekend, and watched the scene in Jacob's shack several times. I don't think that the eye close to the door was Jacob's. When you freeze that part you can still clearly see Jacob sitting in the chair and the half face of the person standing by the door. It is so creeepy!!!

We are so hyped up on Lost now that we started watching Season One again last night. With so little new TV right now, we are going to rewatch the first three seasons and see the whole story so far unfold.
    Donna
    Intercot Staff

My father's name was Ferdinand, my mama's name was Liza, they didn't know what to call me so they called me Ferdiliza!

Post Thanks / Like

My daughter and I re-watched the epsiode this weekend, and watched the scene in Jacob's shack several times. I don't think that the eye close to the door was Jacob's. When you freeze that part you can still clearly see Jacob sitting in the chair and the half face of the person standing by the door. It is so creeepy!
    But if the figure sitting in the rocking chair is Christian (Jack's dad), then who is Jacob? That's the question I have.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--

Post Thanks / Like

But if the figure sitting in the rocking chair is Christian (Jack's dad), then who is Jacob? That's the question I have.
    It did not occur to me to think that the person at the door is Jacob, but that is a good theory. I guess I am not believing that it actually is Jack's dad in the chair. By that I mean the actual live human being that is/was Christian Shepard. I am wondering if different people see different people when they look at the chair? Although it is a wonder as to why Hurley would see Jack's dad? So far I can't think where their stories have crossed, but it could be something we haven't seen yet. Oh these crazy Lost Mysteries!!! Makes my mind spin.
    Donna
    Intercot Staff

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: