Quantcast Disneyland Mark VII Monorail Trains - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    wandering around a freezer somewhere below POTC in NOS
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    The title of this thread led me to believe that an "insider" had official knowledge of the first day of operation to the public.
    Well, I'm sure I'm not alone here when I say that DoomBuggyDude is a very valuable and trusted source of information here on Intercot for the information he shares about the Disneyland resort.

And the resort is anxious to get the new monorails up and in service for guests, especially considering that the Mark V Purple train has been in operation now for over 21 years on the beam. The maintenance folks in the roundhouse are particularly excited with the new trains because they offer a more maintenance-friendly design.

The thing about the monorails (and something that certainly has been the case with the Mark VI at WDW) is that they almost each have a distinct personality to them as if they were a living creature- each one has their own little quirks with how they operate and handle that the pilots and maintenance folks get used to and there's a lot involved with the training and testing/certification process with each train to get them to where they get the final approval to start ferrying guests.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh, I completely understand the need for testing and getting to "know" the trains.

I guess I just assumed that the testing had been going on for a couple months now, at night at least.

No big deal. We know the new one is coming. It'll be ready when its ready.

And, I know that Doombuggydude is usually very reliable, which is why I wondered what was up with the specific date given of 4/17. I assumed that was the public unveiling date.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrerGnat View Post
    And, I know that Doombuggydude is usually very reliable, which is why I wondered what was up with the specific date given of 4/17. I assumed that was the public unveiling date.
    Hmmm. I just don't like how this is going. Doombuggydude provides GREAT insight for stuff happening at the park. He's a valuable member of the INTERCOT family and a personal friend to several of our moderator staff ... the information he gives while no doubt correct when he gets it, isn't written in stone. Stuff changes.

Our appreciation for those with inside information posting here shouldn't be dependent on specific dates and information. Any scrap of info is appreciated ...
    Michael aka: NotaGeek

INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast Staff
    WDW 1/6/16 - 1/11/16 - BRING ON THE COWBELLS!

Please s
    upport INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NotaGeek View Post
    Stuff changes.

And how.

It got moved to Monday and is limited to Cast.
    Just a small detail that didn't quite make our memo.

Tonight, the part of Al will be played by a tall, dark and sinister ugly man.

Post Thanks / Like

Gosh, I really hope I didn't offend anyone. I did not mean to imply that DoomBuggyDude was lying or misinformed!

It's just that this new monorail has been delayed significantly from its original operating date (fall 2007), and I know that's due to mechanical issues upon arrival that needed to be fixed. I really just thought that he was letting us know that it was finally ready for public use. That's all.

It didn't ruin my day. On the contrary! I just wanted to get more info. I really just thought that others may be visiting DLR soon and might be expecting to ride the new monorail as well. I wanted some clarification for myself and others.

I admit, since I go to DLR so often, every "new thing" is exciting for me. Since things don't change too much from week to week (normally), anything that is "new" for us is something fun to look forward to. However, I didn't mention the new monorail to my boys, precisely because I was not 100% certain it would be operating, because I KNOW how things can change when you're talking about Disney. No harm done.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanears View Post
    Are you talking about Disneyland or Disney World?

There is no talk of expansion at Disneyland that I know of, because there is really no need or nowhere to go.
    I was meaning WDW. Everytime I have been there, the cast members have said..."No. There is no more money allocated for anything new with the monorails, we are just maintaining what we have." ...so that is why even investment in new trains is surprising to me! Of course, it would be nice if Epcots' line were extended to the Studios (along with the in between resorts), since that would be a relatively short distance. The 'expensive' one would be a leg to Animal Kingdom.

Oh well...time to wish on a star
    VMK - Electro_Stitch
    World of Tanks - jjramsey
    VFK was - ElectroStitch

WDW:
    1 wk - '92
    1 wk - '93
    1 day - '00
    2 wks - '01
    1 month at one time! - '02
    2 wks - '03
    2 wks - '04 - during two of the hurricanes
    4+ wks - '06
    2+ wks - '07
    2 wks - '10
    2 wks - '11

...the next trip is...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jjramsey View Post
    I was meaning WDW.
    This is the Disneyland forum- the 3 new Mark VII trains being discussed here are to replace the Mark V trains at the Disneyland resort.

There are no plans to replace any of the Mark VI trains at WDW at this time.

Post Thanks / Like

So how old are the Mark VI monorails here at WDW?
    Sandy °o° VFK name DisneyDreamin,First trip in 1972-Off site ,In between so many I can't count,3/04 PC,11/28-12/05/04 POR,Feb,13-22,'06 PC,Dec,4, 07 FWR,DVC,AKV07, DLR's DPPH 9-13-20,'09,Stitch/Buzz Complex Cast Member

Post Thanks / Like

I believe Mark VI Blue was the first to arrive at WDW in 1989- but it wasn't until 1991 that the fleet of Mark VI monorails was in regular service with the last of the trains being Coral but I don't remember when that arrived and went into service.

There was quite a bit of work required to upgrade the power systems to support the operation of the larger Mark VI trains so there was a while when the Mark IV trains ran alongside Mark VI trains until all modifications could be completed to support the full set.

Post Thanks / Like

I just saw the new monorail on a test run today! It looks AWESOME! I love the color.

I snapped a few quick pictures. If I can post them here, someone let me know how to do that (mods, I can email you the pics for you to post if that's necessary).
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pics courtesy of BrerGnat

WOW! It looks SPIFFY!
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Please s

Post Thanks / Like

Is it maroon almost? I love it!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanears View Post
    Is it maroon almost? I love it!
    YES! I loved the color. It's like a burgundy/maroon. I hate the color red, in general, but I thought this shade was perfect. It is sort of metallic looking as well, and I can see how in some lights, it may look almost purple. I can't wait to see more of it. I was just walking back to my car, not expecting it, and it just appeared from the side of the Lego store and took me by surprise.
    Natalie

Post Thanks / Like

Cool! Yeah, I'm not a fan of the color red either. But when I married a Texas Aggie, maroon became a part of my life. I really love it! Can't wait to see them.

Post Thanks / Like

I saw the new monorail a few times during my trip. They were supposed to have it up and accepting passengers by Friday afternoon but I did not see it on Friday afternoon. I heard they were running late with it (big surprise, no?).

The monorail that is wrapped with YOAMD was still up and running throughout the trip, although I didn't see them both running at the same time.
    Disney World: 10/92 Yacht Club, 11/96 Disney Institute, 12/00 Yacht Club, 6/05 Beach Club, 8/06 Shades of Green, 8/07 Caribbean Beach Resort, 10/07 Coronado Springs, 12/08 French Quarter, 3/10 All Star Sports, 4/12 Port Orleans Riverside

Disneyland: 1987, 1997, 2002, 2008, 2010, 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

as always I want to thank our "insiders" for all the info we get. I just left the parks and the new monorail was not there yet...can't wait to see it here, or ride it there.
    First Trip To DL 11/56
    DLR PAP (for a long time and currently)
    July 17, 2005 I was there!
    July 17, 2010 I was there!
    VMK - Tinkcollector R.I.P.
    Member #1660 on Intercot West
    Tinkcollector on Intercot-West (R.I.P., good bye West-Side.)
    D23 Charter Member

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks to Chris (2Epcot) for some great new shots of Monorail Red!

Please s

Post Thanks / Like

More pics from Chris...

Please s

Post Thanks / Like

Great pictures. Can't wait to ride the new monorails

Post Thanks / Like

Monorail Red has been making test runs with the public now since July 3rd- a sort of soft-opening preview of the new Mark VII.

There are no guarantees you'll get a ride on Monorail Red as they can take the train out of service at any time, or you may spot the train making runs around the park but without guests during the day as there's still a lot of testing being performed on the new trains.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: