Quantcast Wall-E (Now on DVD)

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Wall-E (Now on DVD)

I went and saw National Treasure; Book of Secrets and I saw what I believe to be the new or at least longer trailer for Pixar's "Wall-E" movie coming out this summer.

I can't wait! It looks great. I have enjoyed all of pixar's work and loved a few of them. (Toy Story 1&2 and Nemo especially) The animation in this one looks really cool.

What does everyone else think?

Anyone know who some of the actors/voices are for it?
    June, 1990 - MK, Epcot -Off Site Hotel - Sang on stage & Marched in parade at MK
    Feb. '05 - DL, DCA - Off Site Hotel
    Feb. '07 - All Parks, DT - AKL
    May '08 - All Parks, DT - AKL & POP - 4 day Disney Cruise
    Jan. '13 DL, DCA, DT -Off Site Hotel
    Nov. '13 All Parks, DT - POP & Swan

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Eh.

This is the first Pixar movie I can remember that I just can't get excited for. The entire premise seems fairly pointless and ... well ... sort of offensive if you ask me.

It will almost definitely be a great movie (8 for 8 is a track record that can't be argued with), but I dunno ... this one is going to have to work to win me over.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't seen the trailer, only a promotional display at the movie theater and it didn't thrill me. It looked like the Number Five robot thing from Short Circuit and I hated that movie. Maybe seeing a trailer would make me think more kindly of it. So far, not excited.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

I'm reserving judgement. There were definitely scenes in the trailer from National Treasure that made me laugh and grabbed my interest a lot more than the original info I'd read about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    ... sort of offensive if you ask me.
    May I ask why?
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DakotaDisney View Post
    Anyone know who some of the actors/voices are for it?
    John Ratzenberger?

Seriously, there isn't a need for many actors in this one since there isn't a lot of traditional dialogue.

8 for 8 - doesn't take much more than that to convince me. I'm looking forward to it!

wandering around a freezer somewhere below POTC in NOS
    Post Thanks / Like

I've had an opportunity to view quite a bit of the work in progress on WALL-E and simply it has some of the most beautiful and emotive character animation I've seen in ANY animated film.

And this film is going to be carried on the strength of the animation to tell the story.

That shouldn't really come as a surprise since it is influenced quite a bit by a wonderful 1931 Charlie Chaplin silent movie called City Lights that at it's heart is a love story with an ending scene of that film that captures a brilliant, pure and touching acting performance done without any spoken words.

Interesting (theme park related) thing about talking with the film's director Andrew Stanton- he's a bit of a sci-fi geek (huge Star Wars fan) and in the design for WALL-E, he actually took some cues from back when he was in college and was at the huge grand opening of Star Tours at Disneyland and how while in the queue he spotted a stripped down animatronic (that was taken from America Sings) and turned into one of the droids that is part of the pre-show queue which stuck with him into the design of WALL-E which also meant it was natural to bring in Ben Burtt (from the Star Wars films) for the sound design.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PirateLover View Post
    May I ask why?
    I dunno ... the whole thing seems a little preachy to me. The bad ole humans have ruined their planet and now they're disgusting fatsos floating around up in space on big sofas while robots do their dirty work for them.

Like I said, I'm sure it's going to be a great film. It's just .... something about the entire premise rubs me the wrong way to a degree.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I saw National Treasure and the trailer did not play before the movie... Oh well....
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep. I saw National Treasure and it played. The first teaser was boring and gave no information whatsoever. (If that is even a word. ) Now this trailer, gave a tad bit more info and it gave us (or at least me) some laughs. I love it when Wall-E puts the bra on his head. HAHAHA!

The animation is briliant as always. Pixar came a long away from Toy Story!

Post Thanks / Like

If you would like to see the teaser trailers, you can visit the Official Wall-E site, Disney finally got one together!
    Michael aka: NotaGeek

INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast Staff
    WDW 1/6/16 - 1/11/16 - BRING ON THE COWBELLS!

Please s
    upport INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    I dunno ... the whole thing seems a little preachy to me. The bad ole humans have ruined their planet and now they're disgusting fatsos floating around up in space on big sofas while robots do their dirty work for them.
    Oh I see. I guess I hadn't really been paying attention to that aspect of it. I definitely see your point there.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

I saw the trailer the other night and I was not impressed. I was actually kind of confused- a robot who goes through garbage and then takes on if a space ship? However, I've loved almost all movies put out by Pixar and Disney so maybe the movie will end up being alright.

By the way, Fred Willars is the voice of Shelby Forthright, Jeff Garlin is the captain, Ben Burtt (doesn't say who) and Kim Kopf as Hoverchair Mother.

Carribean Beach '95
    Wilderness Lodge '96 '97 '98
    All Star Music '00 '01 '04
    Off-site '03
    All Star Movie '05 '06
    All Star Music 07'
    Pop Century with DBF Sep 08'
    Pop Century with family March 09'

Next trip: Disney and Universal Studios April 2015!

PINK!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pink View Post
    By the way, Fred Willars is the voice of Shelby Forthright, Jeff Garlin is the captain, Ben Burtt (doesn't say who) and Kim Kopf as Hoverchair Mother.
    But what character does John Ratzenberger play?
    Amanda
    Mom of Jay and Sam

'Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor
    mantengase alejado de las puertas'

CR - Jun 76, 85 & 89
    BLT - Nov 11 & 13
    Poly - Jun 80 & Jan/Feb 07
    WL - Jun 97, Sep 05 & Dec 08
    Next - Jersey Week 2015 Baby!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by diz_girl View Post
    But what character does John Ratzenberger play?
    He's not on the list of characters on IMDb yet.

Post Thanks / Like

has anybody besides me seen the "website" for the company that makes Wall-E, buynlarge.com? I personally like the Sall-E, but could really use the WEND-E (the one that automatically washes, dries, folds , and puts away all your clothes).

By the way, I just saw that Wall-E will be released in the U.S. on June 27th, with a release in Japan on December 20th (sorry Mel )

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dw2649 View Post
    By the way, I just saw that Wall-E will be released in the U.S. on June 27th, with a release in Japan on December 20th (sorry Mel )
    Aww, very sweet, but it's okay. On the US bases, we get new releases within a week or so of release Stateside.

Post Thanks / Like

I love all of Pixar's work, but I'm not so sure about this one. I mean, is it going to be overly preachy? I'm all for better solutions for waste disposal, but I don't want "Wall-E" to end up being another "Happy Feet" either.

It's got a lot going for it, to be sure. The animation is the best I've seen to date, even from Pixar. Incorporating live action into the movie seems interesting, and I'm curious to see how it will blend with computer animation. The trailer music is catchy, although we don't know if it's actually in the film. The story between Wall-E and the other robot sounds interesting enough, too. I'll probably end up seeing it, but I won't be dead set on seeing it months in advance like all the other Pixar films. I'll wait for other trailers and promos as they come up. It's not coming out until summer anyway.

P.S. Whatever they do, "Wall-E" must have John Ratzenberger.
    Always CRAZY 4 DISNEY WORLD!
    VMK Name: CrazyForWDW
    "Some imagination, huh?" -Mickey
    "Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor mantenganse allejado de las puertas." -WDW Monorail
    "There's a great big beautiful tomorrow shining at the end of every day!" -COP

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mufasa View Post
    I've had an opportunity to view quite a bit of the work in progress on WALL-E and simply it has some of the most beautiful and emotive character animation I've seen in ANY animated film.

...the film's director Andrew Stanton- he's a bit of a sci-fi geek (huge Star Wars fan) and in the design for WALL-E, he actually took some cues from back when he was in college and was at the huge grand opening of Star Tours at Disneyland and how while in the queue he spotted a stripped down animatronic (that was taken from America Sings) and turned into one of the droids that is part of the pre-show queue which stuck with him into the design of WALL-E which also meant it was natural to bring in Ben Burtt (from the Star Wars films) for the sound design.
    I just recently saw National Treasure and the trailer for WALL-E. Being a huge animation fan, I was probably paying more attention to the animation then the little bit of story that was revealed in the trailer. Pixar always takes the animation one notch higher in every film they do, so it is great to hear you think it is some of the best character animation that's been done.

I was also at the grand opening of Star Tours at Disneyland, and am a huge Star Wars fan as well as love Ben Burtt's work (sound desgin, then editing the last films). Hearing that he is involved, and also where Andrew Stanton got some of his inspiration for the film, just gives me more reasons to look forward to seeing WALL-E.
    Chris °O°
    DISNEYLAND AP - First visit 1969

WALT DISNEY WORLD - First visit 1985
    HONG KONG DISNEYLAND - First visit 2005
    SHANGHAI DISNEYLAND - First visit 2016
    DISNEY DREAM CRUISE - First Cruise March 2019
    FUTURE + WORLD SHOWCASE = EPCOT (Favorite WDW park)

Post Thanks / Like

I saw a much better trailer today before Juno ... and now I am really looking forward to the film. The animation is unbelievable but I am still unsure what the story line is ... I will see it for sure!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Michael aka: NotaGeek

INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast Staff
    WDW 1/6/16 - 1/11/16 - BRING ON THE COWBELLS!

Please s
    upport INTERCOT Sponsors!

wandering around a freezer somewhere below POTC in NOS
    Post Thanks / Like

In case anyone was wondering what animated short will be shown in front of Wall*E, it will be a Pixar short titled Presto and directed by a fantastic Pixar animator Doug Sweetland (a supervising animator on the short Boundin' and Cars).

Presto DiGiotagione, a turn-of-the-century magician, is famous for an astounding hat trick. Presto's apprentice rabbit, Alec, however, is dissatisfied as he shares none of Presto's wild success. While Presto is out eating lavish dinner, Alec is left behind, locked in a birdcage with a carrot torturously out of reach.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: