Quantcast The Biggest Loser: Couples

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default The Biggest Loser: Couples

DARN! I totally missed this week because I forgot to tell TiVO to record! Did anyone watch?
    Michael aka: NotaGeek

INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast Staff
    WDW 1/6/16 - 1/11/16 - BRING ON THE COWBELLS!

Please s
    upport INTERCOT Sponsors!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I watched it and there are people I already dont like. Not sure who I think will win. Interesting concept but not so good when one member of the pair isnt as into it as the other one. The little twist they threw in there was def interesting to say the least.

Pipi ~ 911 miles from Disney World

Next Planned Trip ~ December 2010 POR?

POP January 2004

ASMu Feburary 2005

POP January 2008

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NotaGeek View Post
    DARN! I totally missed this week because I forgot to tell TiVO to record! Did anyone watch?
    I taped it, but haven't watched yet. I did watch a marathon of Biggest Loser Australia on Fox Reality yesterday. I was in heaven watching a favorite show, and hearing all those gorgeous Aussie accents.
    Donna
    Intercot Staff

My father's name was Ferdinand, my mama's name was Liza, they didn't know what to call me so they called me Ferdiliza!
    Billy Hill and the Hillbillies - "I'm OK!"

Please support INTERCOT'S wonderful sponsers!

Post Thanks / Like

I also watched the Biggest Loser Australia the other day...not bad. Yesterday, Season 2 on Bravo. I taped "Couples" opener last night and will probably watch it tonight.
    **Last Visits**

Feb 23 Fort Wilderness
    Nov 22 Hilton Tuscany Village (During Hurricane)
    Sep 22 Dolphin Hotel
    May 22 Sheraton Lake Buena Vista Resort

**Scheduled Visits**

Mar 23 Undecided
    Jun 23 Fort Wilderness

Twitter: MouseFacts

Post Thanks / Like

Oh NO!!!!! You mean I missed it! Dang -- I think 2008 snuck up on me too fast.....wish I had remembered. Anybody up for posting a Cliff Notes version of the show?
    Jen

Always ready to talk Disney
    Grand Floridian**Contemporary**Polynesian**Wilderness Lodge**Yacht Club**Dolphin**Port Orleans French Quarter**All Star Movies**All Star Music**POP Century**Disney Wonder**Disney Magic**Disney Dream**VWL**Old Key West**Animal Kingdom Lodge**Bay Lake Tower

Salisbury, Md 14 hours, 21 minutes or 903.36 miles From Disney
    Post Thanks / Like

I watched it last night i would post cliffs notes for ya buti don;t want to spoil it for those who recorded it and are planning on watching it tonight. i can message it to you if you would like but i won;t just message ya with out permission.
    șoș Josette șoș
    ~*~Next up~*~
    November 2015
    Surprise trip(Pop Century)

Just because I cannot see it, doesn't mean I can't believe it! -Jack Skellington

Post Thanks / Like

Once the show has aired, it is perfectly acceptable to post details here. Anyone that hasn't watched and doesn't want to read spoilers should avoid the thread. That is true of any thread we have on any TV show. So feel free to post any details from last night's show that you want.
    Donna
    Intercot Staff

My father's name was Ferdinand, my mama's name was Liza, they didn't know what to call me so they called me Ferdiliza!

Post Thanks / Like

I watched is last night and I think I may like this couples format. It makes for very interesting dynamics among the members of the team and the other 9 teams. As the tension mounts it will be interesting to see how the teams handle it.

I was impressed by how much the teams lost last night and I can't say I was sorry to see who the voted off.
    74 Off Site
    98 Contemporary & DCL inaugural cruise
    99 Dixie Landings
    00 Dixie Landings
    01 POR & DCL
    02 AKL & DCL
    03 VB
    04 DL GC
    05 ASSp, VWL, GF
    06 POFQ, CSR, OKW
    07 ASMo & VWL
    08 Pop VWL
    09 BW, POR, VWL, CSR
    10 WL
    12 VWL, AKL Club
    13 VWL, WL Club

Post Thanks / Like

I watched last night's show, mainly because there wasn't anything else on TV that I felt like watching. They have some interesting teams for this season. For some reason I like the pink, black and blue teams--I really think they put that extra effort into what they're doing. As far as the green team being voted off, I felt bad for the daughter. Even though she lost the least amount of weight, her heart was in it, but her father's was not. And it all just seemed like lip-service to me when he said that he would keep up his efforts to lose weight once he was off the show.

I'm not usually a regular viewer of this show, but I might have to tune in more often this season.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Salisbury, Md 14 hours, 21 minutes or 903.36 miles From Disney
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ChipnDaleGal View Post
    Once the show has aired, it is perfectly acceptable to post details here. Anyone that hasn't watched and doesn't want to read spoilers should avoid the thread. That is true of any thread we have on any TV show. So feel free to post any details from last night's show that you want.
    OK thank you.

so here are the Cliffs Notes:
    there are 10 teams of 2 with 1 team who was just put together they never met before the show. all the teams had to go up this hill go around the marker and come back down and they got to choose their trainer of choice(bob and jillian) so now that each trainer has the 5 teams they go on to the first weigh in. some were shocked at how big they actually were.
    the grey team i believe it is was the heaviest at 799lbs combined weight. their first actual competition they had to walk or run with this huge ballon same color as their team and cross a finish line. first team to cross would recieve 2 lbs off tehir weight at the first weigh in last team got 2 lbs added. everyone then goes back to the house and they continue to work out even though they are hurting.
    the green team fatehr and daughter hasd issues. the daughter is working out and the dad does not want to. she goes to confront him and he is complaining of blisters and she leaves him there where he goes to bed and she goes back to the gym to cry . he gets up before everyone and goes and works out. you then have the last chance work out with teh trainers and then weigh in . the weight losses were amazing the grey team ( heaviest) each lost over 20 lbs in a week , WOW. the green team father and daughter and the purple team best friends and fat camp councelors are under the yellow line. here is the kicker instead of the usual 24 hours to deliberate who is getting voted off they had an hour to decide. the green team was sent home due to the father not really wanting to be there. DOn;t forget to watch Tuesday night at 8 . see yall here Wed morning lol.
    șoș Josette șoș
    ~*~Next up~*~
    November 2015
    Surprise trip(Pop Century)

Just because I cannot see it, doesn't mean I can't believe it! -Jack Skellington

Post Thanks / Like

I finished watching it this morning. The couples format is different. It’s sad that if one person doesn’t give 100% then the other team member gets punished too, like the green father/daughter team, the pink mother/daughter team, and the white husband/wife team. Between the father/daughter team and the two best friends team I’m glad the green team went home. Even though I felt that the daughter really wanted to be there, the father didn’t really and it seemed like both friends were committed.
    I can’t really say which team I like best yet. But if I had to choose a winner I would go with the former teammates team (black or grey, I forget). They have the most weight to lose so I think they hold a bigger chance of losing a lot. From the commercials for next week it seems that Julian and Bob have come together to work as a couple to train the couples!! I like that!
    No Kim?
    șOș șOș șOș șOș șOș șOș șOș șOș șOș șOș
    Amber

62 Miles from the Magic!!!!

Stayed at: All Stars Sports, Music and Movies; Dixie Landings; Port Orleans; Pop Century; Yacht Club

Post Thanks / Like

I would kinda like them to change the way people or kicked off. I think it should be just whoever lost the least % of weight should be kicked off not voting. This way there is no scheming, like the guy last season who gained 30lbs on purpose. Also like last season towards the end the black team kept voting off the other color teams because they had the most people voting.
    Off Site-- All Star Movies-- Pop Century-- Coronado Springs-- Port Orleans French Quarter
    Walt Disney-"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."

Post Thanks / Like

I saw the couples show and liked that format - it should make things interesting. I kind of felt bad that the green team went home - I know the Dad didn't give it 100% but I definitely think that he needed more time for the trainers to get through to him. His size, age and where he carried his weight really scared me - he really needs to lose that weight! And I felt terrible for the daughter - she just wanted it so bad!!

I have to say the trip to the Hospital was really interesting - the part with the heart and the fat definitely freaked me out a little. But, I think it was a good eye opener for them.

I was also surprised by the weight losses this time - definitely more like the old BL's days (as opposed to last season).

Oh, and I heard that Kim is out and about promoting her new book and that's why she's not on this season.
    Jen aka conorsmom2000

1977 - Fort Wilderness
    1995, 2005, 2006 - Wilderness Lodge
    2017 - Coronado Springs
    2024 - Caribbean Beach

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by caryrae View Post
    Also like last season towards the end the black team kept voting off the other color teams because they had the most people voting.
    I thought it was rather funny when it came to near the end the black team ladies hung together and voted the blue team woman off. Anyone could see that the guy was going to lose way more weight then the two women were. Because they stuck with the "black team forever" mantra the 2 women essentially blew their chance to win in the end.
    74 Off Site
    99 Dixie Landings
    00 Dixie Landings
    01 POR & DCL
    02 AKL & DCL
    03 VB
    04 DL GC
    05 ASSp, VWL, GF
    06 POFQ, CSR, OKW
    07 ASMo & VWL
    08 Pop VWL
    09 BW, POR, VWL, CSR
    10 WL
    12 VWL, AKL Club
    13 VWL, WL Club

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, I haven't even made through the whole show and I'm already not liking the purple team women. The thing about the calling cards is what really annoyed me--I'm sure they were disappointed but plenty of young people don't even call their parents for extended periods of time. And back before I had kids I still think I would have deferred to those with children, knowing how important it would be for them to talk to them.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

I really liked the brown team, I'm sad they are gone. But I think I agree with some of the other teams, I think they got it more then the yellow team did so they would be more successful after going home. It seems like the Hall of Shame, or whatever it was called, really affected them.

When Jay called his wife she seemed like she really didn't care to talk to him. He started crying and she was like "DON'T CRY!!" and not in a very loving way. I like the 2 brothers team but I have to wonder what home life is like for at least one of them.

The numbers were shockingly low this week. Maybe Bob and Julian don't make such a good duo after all??
    șOș șOș șOș șOș șOș șOș șOș șOș șOș șOș
    Amber

62 Miles from the Magic!!!!

Stayed at: All Stars Sports, Music and Movies; Dixie Landings; Port Orleans; Pop Century; Yacht Club

Post Thanks / Like

You know, this season is weird. There is just SOMETHING that bugs me. I think part of what worked with the single player seasons is that they are completely separated from their lives ... and they can really focus on what they are doing. The people that come as a couple have someone to lean on, feel sorry for them and maybe that is affecting what they are doing a little.
    Michael aka: NotaGeek

INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast Staff
    WDW 1/6/16 - 1/11/16 - BRING ON THE COWBELLS!

Please s
    upport INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

I feel bad for Amanda, but I was happy to see Neill go. You could really see the resentment from the other players. I am not really enjoying this season, but I have to say that i like the fact that they are at least trying to do the right thing from week to week (although I hated seeing the brown team go, I figured that they made the wrong call there). But we aren't there, we just get the edited version so it's hard for me to judge the situation.
    The only life I can think of that would be worse than being a special needs mom is not being one...

Poly (04), WL (06), BC (07), AoA (20)
    DL (74, 75, 83, 87, 98, 07, 09. 10)

Magical Journeys is the ONLY way to go!

Post Thanks / Like

Not the least bit surprised that the white team is gone. Neill just wasnt' into it. I'm surprised they got picked to be on it in the first place since it looked like he really didn't want to be there.

I like the couples idea. I think it will help them all when they get back home since they will both have gone through the loss together. They can help each other when the going gets rough back home.

I image it's hard for the single players when they get home and no one around them has been through what they have been.

I think the next team off might be the Purple team. They are just not losing any weight.
    74 Off Site
    99 Dixie Landings
    00 Dixie Landings
    01 POR & DCL
    02 AKL & DCL
    03 VB
    04 DL GC
    05 ASSp, VWL, GF
    06 POFQ, CSR, OKW
    07 ASMo & VWL
    08 Pop VWL
    09 BW, POR, VWL, CSR
    10 WL
    12 VWL, AKL Club
    13 VWL, WL Club

Post Thanks / Like

I am not really enjoying this season very much yet. I thought it was the "couples thing" throwing off the show at first. But now I think my problem is that they are stretching too little show over too much time. There is no way that it is entertaining enough to run for 2 hours per episode. I find myself fast forwarding through the first hour and a half and just watching the weigh ins and vote off. My favorite team is the Blue team that were strangers when they started. And I like the ex football players, but all the other couples strike me as extremely whiney this time. Maybe that is the couple factor coming into play. You can whine more when there is someone in your inner circle to listen to it.
    Donna
    Intercot Staff

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: