Quantcast The 2008 MOMS & MOMS-to-BE Club!!! - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Whine Alert!!
    My back was KILLING me last night...not just hurting but killing me. I sat propped up with pillows and my legs up, but still nothing worked. I finally took a tylenol and was able to sleep...ugh...it was bad! Any tips for backaches? I'm 32 weeks...
    College Program Spring 05
    6/92-Tree House Villas
    5/98-Poly
    5/01-ASM
    1/05-Pop
    3/05-OKW
    5/05-SS
    5/06-ASMus
    1/07- Honeymoon at the Boardwalk!
    6/07- OKW
    11/07-Babymoon Pop/Poly
    12/08-Christmas at the Poly! DS 1st Christmas and Disney Trip!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

May, how about an Epsom Salt bath? It might help a little.

Terra I'm glad you are standing up for yourself, I'm sorry they won't let you go VBAC. I know your ideal scenario would be to have a natural home birth. I did feel pressured at the hospital, i don't remember signing for eye ointment or PKU but maybe i did. I know I didn't sign for Hep B and that they did notgive. I had mastitis and could barely stand up when I took Vivien for her 2 week appointment and they saw that as an opportunity to pressure me into giving it so that's when I switched pediatricians. No pressure at all at the current pediatrician.
    I like your name choices too, you have so much time so I wouldn't sweat it.

Things here are moving right along! vivien's first tooth broke through last weekend and she has been SO grumpy this week I'm sure another one is following. It looks like several spots are about to break through. Poor kid, she's usually so happy. Breastfeeding is still going well and I've been making baby food at home, which I'm really enjoying.
    My work has been closed since the beginning of december so I am enjoying being a SAHM until they reopen and I go back to working 15 hrs a week. I can't imagine ever going back to work full time, I seriously don't think I will, I think I just want to stay home at be a homeschooling parent.
    Does anyone here homeschool? Or is anyone looking into it?

So Lizzy, how's your little guy doing? Any new pics?
    come visit Sam's memorial site
    http://sam-wood.memory-of.com

Sponsor the Celebrating Sam Team and help us Light the Night again in 2007!

Post Thanks / Like

Oh Terra I forgot....I'm glad you like the 7th gen diapers. I heard they have coupons online but I can never get them to print.
    They've been out of them at our whole foods for weeks so I've been getting the Whole Foods 365 brand. They are cheaper and also chlorine free and boast "cloth-like comfort"
    You are still cloth diapering as well, right?

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I still do both....David is such a heavy wetter at night that the disposables work much better!

I have local organics shop that orders them by the case for me and gives me a 20% discount!! I wish we had a whole foods or Trader Joe's really close!

Yay on Vivian's teeth! But it is so hard to see them in pain!!
    Gosh I hate when the pediatricians pressure you into the vaccines and you don't even have to legally do it. I had mine out right lie and say that he would have to get them before school or he couldn't go! Then she was surprised when I quoted the laws and exemptions to her...lol

I'm so happy that breastfeeding is still going well!! And yay on the baby food....I really enjoy doing it too

MAY: I agree about the EPSOM salt bath....gosh I remember how bad those backaches got as delivery day approached...
    Terra - Wife, mother, special needs teacher. Disney addict! °o°

Advocate for my 2 sons. David: Auto-immune disorder. Praying for remission!ASD/SPD & Aaron: ADHD/Anxiety/ASD. Life makes us stronger!

Post Thanks / Like

MEL:
    I forgot to say that I really want to homeschool too. It's taking a little more convincing my DH though...He isn't against homeschooling it really depends more on if I can find an online teaching job at a college after I finish my master's.

Anyway, he's getting more on board now though

And if we decide too we have a great local homeschooling group that actually has alot of my AP friends in it too!! So cool!

Advocate for my 2 sons. David: Auto-immune disorder. Praying for remission!ASD/SPD & Aaron: ADHD/Anxiety/ASD. Life makes us stronger!

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I haven't sold Jeff on homeschooling yet. He is from the school of people that think that a homeschool student never leaves the house or sees other people. Plus there is someone he used to work for who had been homeschooled as a child (and he really didn't like this person) so of course the homeschooling was the problem.
    Anyway....there are some good networks here but gosh by the time Vivien is ready for school we will probably be living in FL again!

Post Thanks / Like

Had my check-up today. 14.5 weeks. Everything is A-Ok. Heartbeat was in 150s. I asked the doc about the discomfort and she said it was to be expected especially with number 2. I wish that made me feel better! Other than that all is well and on schedule for an early July c-section.

Next appt is Feb 27 and we'll have our ultrasound that day too.

I had the flu over the long-week-end. Awful.
    "Oh that clock, even HE orders me around!"
    -Cinderella
    ~~~~~~
    Next trip: DLR February 2015
    Last trip: January 2014.
    7 trips to the World.
    1 trip to Disneyland Paris.
    25 trips to Disneyland.

Post Thanks / Like

Had my appt on Tuesday, everything was OK. I had a BIG weight gain for 2 weeks, so my dr. is concerned with my feet/hand swelling. My back has just been killing me lately, she said to stay off of my feet as much as possible, so I'm going to try to take advantage of that this weekend.

On another note: My sister is being induced on Wednesday, so I'll be an aunt again!
    6/92-Tree House Villas
    5/98-Poly
    5/01-ASM
    1/05-Pop
    3/05-OKW
    5/05-SS
    5/06-ASMus
    6/07- OKW
    11/07-Babymoon Pop/Poly

Post Thanks / Like

Dakota Rose and May I'm so glad everything is going well!!!!

I can't believe we are going to be moms again!!

Yeah, I agree, #2 so far has been much harder physical than when I was pregnant with David!

Congrats May on your soon to be Aunt-hood!! Yay!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Terra, congrats on another BOY!! I just saw this, you make gorgeous boys that's for sure!! You'll be the queen of the house like Nani is. If we (ever, I am really putting the pressure on!!) move back, you'll have some girls to babysit for you!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by murphy1 View Post
    Terra, congrats on another BOY!! I just saw this, you make gorgeous boys that's for sure!! You'll be the queen of the house like Nani is. If we (ever, I am really putting the pressure on!!) move back, you'll have some girls to babysit for you!
    That would be so awesome if you guys were closer!!

Ah shucks! Thanks I always wanted sons! [although it doesn't really matter in the end ]

Post Thanks / Like

Well, if the at-home test is right, then I guess I'm joining the Moms-to-be club!

I took the test yesterday, and told DH as soon as he got in from work. This is our first! I'm on , and can't sleep at all! Of course, last week it was from crazy dreams (which I now understand), but this morning, it's just from excitement! We had to put this off for so long, I can't believe the day is finally here. I'm a type-2 diabetic, who just last Aug. went on insulin. We knew it wasn't safe to be preggers with such high blood sugar, so we waited the recomended 6 months, 'til my A1C was lower than 6. I never dreamed it would happen on the second try (I've heard of much longer "trying" times for the first). I don't have an OB/GYN yet, so I'll call my endocrinologist tomorrow (as he'd asked), and then I'm sure we'll be seeing the high-risk OB/GYN soon.

I'm trying really hard not to worry too much about the diabetes and pregnancy... right now I'm too to focus on that, anyhow!
    Susan °o°

You cheated.
    Pirate.

8/98 CBR; 10/00 ASM; 11/01 POR; 7/07 POR; 10/09 ASM; 10/10 Pop; 6/12 ASM; 12/13 ASM; 6/14 FWC; 7/15 FWC; 12/16 2 weeks at FWC!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IloveJack View Post
    Well, if the at-home test is right, then I guess I'm joining the Moms-to-be club!

I took the test yesterday, and told DH as soon as he got in from work. This is our first! I'm on , and can't sleep at all! Of course, last week it was from crazy dreams (which I now understand), but this morning, it's just from excitement! We had to put this off for so long, I can't believe the day is finally here. I'm a type-2 diabetic, who just last Aug. went on insulin. We knew it wasn't safe to be preggers with such high blood sugar, so we waited the recomended 6 months, 'til my A1C was lower than 6. I never dreamed it would happen on the second try (I've heard of much longer "trying" times for the first). I don't have an OB/GYN yet, so I'll call my endocrinologist tomorrow (as he'd asked), and then I'm sure we'll be seeing the high-risk OB/GYN soon.

I'm trying really hard not to worry too much about the diabetes and pregnancy... right now I'm too to focus on that, anyhow!
    Congratulations!!! I hope you have a happy & healthy 9 months.... It is great that you got pg so fast. I got pg on our second try too, now our TWIN boys are 4 months old!!
    First Trip: 1983- (Before 6 months old!)
    1983-Present (Too many trips to count!)

Important Trips:
    Dec 2006- Carribean Beach (Honeymoon!)
    May 2008 (First trip for our Twins!)

Next Trip:
    Sept. 2009 - FREE DINING!!

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats IloveJack! How cool!
    "Oh that clock, even HE orders me around!"
    -Cinderella
    ~~~~~~
    Next trip: DLR February 2015
    Last trip: January 2014.
    7 trips to the World.
    1 trip to Disneyland Paris.
    25 trips to Disneyland.

Post Thanks / Like

What great news Susan!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Welcome to the club!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

CONGRATS SUSAN! How exciting!

I'll have to try those epsom salt baths.

Are shooting back pains normal? I'm 33 weeks this week, and around 5:30 am this morning, I had such terrible pain I was in tears...luckily after some stretching and my DH rubbing my back and taking some tylenol it went away...but it was the worst pain of my life! Is this normal? Any tips? I already sleep with a lot of pillows.
    6/92-Tree House Villas
    5/98-Poly
    5/01-ASM
    1/05-Pop
    3/05-OKW
    5/05-SS
    5/06-ASMus
    6/07- OKW
    11/07-Babymoon Pop/Poly

Post Thanks / Like

May,
    Is it in just your back or does it kind of go down into the bum and legs? IT could be sciatica pain...
    But do keep an eye out ...if you notice that they come again and in regular intervals it may be back contractions you may just want to contact your OB or midwife to be on the safeside...

But sounds like it was more just normal pains [although painful I know!]...since it went away after stretching and a massage....

Post Thanks / Like

No, the pain in strictly in my back, nowhere else. But honestly, it was the worst pain of my life! It's a bummer b/c Mardi Gras is next week, and I won't be hitting up many parades
    6/92-Tree House Villas
    5/98-Poly
    5/01-ASM
    1/05-Pop
    3/05-OKW
    5/05-SS
    5/06-ASMus
    6/07- OKW
    11/07-Babymoon Pop/Poly

Post Thanks / Like

oh no...I'm sorry! I bet the baby turned and was sitting on a nerve or something in such a way....
    I remember my back killing me like that too when I hit about where you are....I would take warm baths and everything....

Post Thanks / Like

Hi everyone!!!!

I have to start off by saying I feel kinda weird being here and not being pregnant! (And a little jealous too :wink

Things have been crazy since we got back from Florida. We arrived home late last Saturday night (Jan 19th), I spent Sunday & Monday cleaning and grocery shopping and all that fun stuff, Tuesday was my birthday so we had a nice family dinner, Wednesday Ben started to get diharrea and still is not 100%, Friday Brandon & I were both vomiting - but I managed to hold it together for my birthday dinner Friday night with the girls, and Brandon has been sick every night since Friday. Needless to say that life is anything but normal right now and totally chaotic!

The trip was fantastic and BUSY. Terra, I never did get a chance to see you and I am sorry, we had a great time with Jays parents (did I actually say that?!) and his Aunt and Uncle were there that we never see because they live 2000 miles away. (They have bought in Frostproof,Florida too!), So we never seemed to know what was happening from day to day.

For the first part of the trip we avoided Disney because of Christmas & New Years. Our Disney time ended up being limited because of the Marathon, understandably Jay did not want to wear himself our prior, and following the marathon was, well, understandably tired. The marathon itself was fantastic and we had a great time. I guess I need to write some trip reports.

Anyway, I am just popping in quickly as the baby naps, but I have a ton still to get done. I will be back soon!
    Lea-Ann
    The Creative Mind that Never Rests . . .

Dreaming of Disney.......
    Last Trip - Dec 14-21, 2012 AKL!!! Next Trip - TBA!!!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: