Quantcast American Idol: Season 7 - Page 46

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 46 of 48 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Archuleta is a "one trick pony". He can only sing slow ballads. He proved that last night by singing a repeat song. He won't sell any albums or sell out a stadium. He'd be better doing tv shows where he can sing catchy tunes for 8 year olds. David Cook has charisma and great talent. He has a great career ahead of him. Go Cook!
    Tara

"It's a Small World after all..."

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff G View Post
    A couple observations last night.

I originally heard that David C. picked "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For' which I thought was an very poor selection for him but in actuality Clive picked it. That is a tough song choice and a lot of song to jam into 1:30. Then David A is given gift with "Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me" which fits his singing style to a T.
    Wow -- that is so interesting, because when my DH and I heard the song selections last night before the show, we both said well, I guess they're giving the prize to David C. on a silver platter.

All depends on your point of view!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Well said, Sherri. I actually agree, for the most part.

One thing I found interesting was that neither David had ever been in the bottom three. That shows that they both gave strong, consistent performances week after week.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by minnie-mouse View Post
    Archuleta is a "one trick pony". He can only sing slow ballads. He proved that last night by singing a repeat song. He won't sell any albums or sell out a stadium. He'd be better doing tv shows where he can sing catchy tunes for 8 year olds. David Cook has charisma and great talent. He has a great career ahead of him. Go Cook!
    That is exactly the way I feel too. I am also glad that Cook said last night that he was not going to do a repeated song to Simon
    ~Ashley~
    ~ºOº 83-93 -Poly
    96-ASMu
    2x 2006- POR
    2x 2007- CBR/POR
    2008- AKL
    2009- CR
    Apr 2010- Poly
    Oct 2010- AKL & Poly
    Next trip Mar 2011 GF ºOº~

Here you leave today - and visit the worlds of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy

pogo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by minnie-mouse View Post
    Archuleta is a "one trick pony".
    Nice tricks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    One thing I found interesting was that neither David had ever been in the bottom three. That shows that they both gave strong, consistent performances week after week.
    Not exactly true, my friend ! They were in the bottom three last week !

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pogo View Post

Being a retired musician I offer this. If you truly believe what you just wrote..... I'm afraid you don't have a good ear for music.

As Randy said, he can sing the telephone book and make people enjoy it.

David A. can sing circles around Cook, but Cook is a better performer.

It's just David C. appeals to your style of music.
    But he is not, and will never be a better singer than David A..... ever !
    Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbelle75 View Post
    Right now at this point, I am absolutely [I]baffled[I]. I just don't get why people think David A. is so great. Something must be wrong with my ears since the season began because I am just not hearing this "perfection" that the judges and others are hearing.
    I am not a musician, never will be and I often think that there must be something wrong with my ears while watching AI. I hardly ever seem to agree with the majority.
    For example, I would never buy a CD by David Cook. I just do not enjoy his singing at all, but enjoy listening to David A. I wouldn't however go to see either live. No matter what the outcome, both should get a good contract and have some type of music career. They have both worked hard this season and deserve good things to be said about them.
    2-18 May 2011 POFQ
    2-14 May 08 POFQ 20th Anniversary Amazing weather
    5 -21 Dec 07 POFQ Fabulous weather
    26 Apr-16 May 06 POFQ - AWESOME. 20 days SUNSHINE
    27 Apr-10 May 05 POFQ
    04-11 May 00 POFQ 1st Trip We're hooked!

Disneyland 12-19 August 09 Grand Californian - Amazing Place

Post Thanks / Like

Another singer here -- David A has my vote, he has a superlative voice. And there is nothing wrong with singing ballads, it is actually not as easy as it seems because your voice can't hide behind the instruments or the loudness of the percussion section. lol

Singing ballads takes a great deal of vocal control and range. If every note isn't spot on, you can really hear it.
    The only life I can think of that would be worse than being a special needs mom is not being one...

Poly (04), WL (06), BC (07), AoA (20)
    DL (74, 75, 83, 87, 98, 07, 09. 10)

Magical Journeys is the ONLY way to go!

Post Thanks / Like

One other thing I noticed during the show last night that I forgot to mention...anyone else notice how they rewrote history? They said something along the lines of "who will win this heavy weight title, only reserved for superstars” and one of the faces they flashed on the screen was DAUGHTRY!!!! He didn't even win!!!
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PirateLover View Post
    One other thing I noticed during the show last night that I forgot to mention...anyone else notice how they rewrote history? They said something along the lines of "who will win this heavy weight title, only reserved for superstars” and one of the faces they flashed on the screen was DAUGHTRY!!!! He didn't even win!!!
    Ummm... because it would have just provoked laughter if they flashed Taylor's, Katherine's, and Ruben's faces?
    The only life I can think of that would be worse than being a special needs mom is not being one...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyTreeGal View Post
    Ummm... because it would have just provoked laughter if they flashed Taylor's, Katherine's, and Ruben's faces?
    Yea but my point was.. he didn't win the title... so it didn't make sense. Katherine didn't win either. They showed Kelly, Daughtry, then Carrie I believe. It's like the old Sesame Street game... one of these things is not like the other... despite being majorly successful, Chris did NOT win the title of "American Idol."
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PirateLover View Post
    Yea but my point was.. he didn't win the title... so it didn't make sense. Katherine didn't win either. They showed Kelly, Daughtry, then Carrie I believe. It's like the old Sesame Street game... one of these things is not like the other... despite being majorly successful, Chris did NOT win the title of "American Idol."
    I understood your point, I was just trying to be funny by pointing out that it wouldn't be much of a hype putting the faces up of most of the people who actually did go to the finals

pogo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Smiles View Post
    I would never buy a CD by David Cook. I just do not enjoy his singing at all, but enjoy listening to David A. I wouldn't however go to see either live. No matter what the outcome, both should get a good contract and have some type of music career. They have both worked hard this season and deserve good things to be said about them.
    I agree 100 % !
    Another singer here -- David A has my vote, he has a superlative voice. And there is nothing wrong with singing ballads, it is actually not as easy as it seems because your voice can't hide behind the instruments or the loudness of the percussion section. lol

Singing ballads takes a great deal of vocal control and range. If every note isn't spot on, you can really hear it.
    Thank you Tee Dee ! You are correct. Although I never had the talent to be upfront, I've sang harmony and back up for several leads and I can hear the quality or lack of.

There is a distinct difference between being a performer and a listener and I'm afraid I haven't been clear enough on this thread. I hope nobody here thinks I was talking down to them...... if so, my apologies.

I still say that this has been the best year for talent and several of these contestants will have great careers.

Enjoy the final show tonight and may the most popular David win !

Post Thanks / Like

I understood your point, I was just trying to be funny by pointing out that it wouldn't be much of a hype putting the faces up of most of the people who actually did go to the finals
    You actually did make me laugh out loud and i thought I put this smiley in the beginning but I guess I forgot it. You're right, though, no other winners became real superstars.
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come

Post Thanks / Like

A David is 'Going to Disney World!'

LOS ANGELES (AP) — David Archuleta and David Cook are no professional athletes, but one of them will be celebrating like one on tonight's "American Idol" finale.

The next "Idol" champ will shout "I'm going to Disney World!" during the celebration immediately following the announcement — a rare off-field exception for those famous promotional words, which have almost always been uttered by sports figures, Disney said Wednesday. Since 1987, Super Bowl, World Series and NBA Finals champs have made the pronouncement as the crowd cheers and confetti flies.

The "Idol" tie-in relates to the new "American Idol" attraction opening at Walt Disney World in Florida in January 2009.

The live performance attraction, based on "American Idol" at Disney's Hollywood Studios theme park, allow guests to audition and perform before a live studio audience inside the Hollywood Studios' theater space. Disney licensed the rights to create the attraction from "Idol" co-producers 19 Entertainment and FremantleMedia, despite the fact "American Idol" airs on Fox and Disney owns broadcast competitor ABC.

Post Thanks / Like

It's really tough to call because I think it will be close, but I think Archie's going to take it. Actually, I hope he takes it. As mentioned, I think DC is going to fare better if he comes in second, a la Daughtry.

Lord knows I have absolutely no musical background or experience, just a fan here, but I don't quite get the hype around Archie either. Now, I will say I do think he's a good singer, don't get me wrong, but I see people fawning over him like he's just got a phenomenal voice and I don't quite understand that. I mean I love Josh Groban, Il Divo, Andrea Bocelli, truly great vocal talents, but I don't see David anywhere near that level. In fact, I think even Clay Aiken's a better singer (with a whole lot more personality!) than David. Vocally he's good, yes absolutely, but not outstanding, IMO. I am not sure who he'll appeal to either, other than the young teens or tweens that find him cute. Even as an admitted sap (I LOVE sappy love songs! Shut up, Ian. ), I wouldn't ever buy a CD from him. It's been said before, but he's just boring.

I found Simon's praise of David A. last night kind of interesting. I guess maybe he did "bring it" more than DC, but I saw Simon on The Tonight Show and he actually said he wanted to see DC win. He thought he deserved it more, had worked harder and longer trying to make it, etc. I would have to agree. I actually feel sorry for David A. I can't tell if he really enjoys this or if it's just his dad pushing him too hard. He just seems shell-shocked and awkward most of the time. Poor kid.

Lastly, I have to say that for a season that supposedly had so much talent, I haven't been this UNinvested in who wins since I started watching AI back in season 2. I really just don't care. I don't feel very emotionally connected to either of them. I don't know how much longer AI is going to be a show that really keeps my attention.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Emily View Post
    Lastly, I have to say that for a season that supposedly had so much talent, I haven't been this UNinvested in who wins since I started watching AI back in season 2. I really just don't care. I don't feel very emotionally connected to either of them. I don't know how much longer AI is going to be a show that really keeps my attention.
    I agree here. I still love the show, but It's the first time I'm not going to be mad if the other person wins if you follow me there. I thought I was going to be all in for Cook but something was always missing. While I like him a lot, I just don't have the passion for him like I usually do for my favorite contestant. Still, individually I do think this was the most talented group. We just never made real connections with them.
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come

Post Thanks / Like

Okay yeah, I'm glad he won!

And I'm also happy that Simon admitted it wasn't such a clear cut Archie 'win' last night.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

HOME TOWN BOY WINS!!!!!!

Blue Springs (and Kansas City) is proud.
    Marker from MO

Post Thanks / Like

I liked tonight's show. Amanda Overmyer cracked me up. She clearly wasn't cut out to be there. I loved Cook's Seal and Bryan Adams songs and then he was back to the Cook I don't like on ZZ Top. George Michael was kind of a lounge lizard shadow of his former self.

I didn't like Simon apologizing. Cook did not do as well as Archuleta last night, but not as bad as Simon let on, true enough, and I knew Cook won then. But I do think Cook brought it for most of the season and proved he was the one to fit the Idol title most, so good for Cook, and I actually like his final Idol song best, too. I'm pleased with the results. I think they'll both have stellar careers.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

First of all I am SHOCKED that David Cook won. But good for him. He really did seem like he genuinely wanted this...and actually made the coronation song sound somewhat good!

Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    I liked tonight's show. Amanda Overmyer cracked me up. She clearly wasn't cut out to be there. I loved Cook's Seal and Bryan Adams songs and then he was back to the Cook I don't like on ZZ Top.
    Yeah...Amanda clearly looked like she did not care to be there at all. Cook sang a Seal song? I thought all of his songs were good, but I don't remember that... he killed Archuletta every time they duetted though. I thought he sounded especially good on "Hero" and "Sharp Dressed Man."

Loved the little segment with Ben Stiller, Jack Black, and Robert Downey Jr as The Pips. Liked Carly and MJ on The Letter.

I thought George Michael's performance was good...obviously he was a little sick. He did look creepy though. And glad to see Jordin can indeed still sing. Loved that the showed Blake in the audience 2x... I'm a little bummed that they never ended up doing the medley with former Idols that was in the rumors, but overall I think it was one of the better finales.
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: