Quantcast American Idol: Season 7 - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I found myself laughing quite a few times - I've really missed Simon

I like the nanny and the guy with the dreadlocks.

It's the people who say 'everybodys told me how great I sing' that really get slammed. They need to find new, HONEST friends.
    Amanda
    Wishes. Dreams. Magic.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't watch the show until they get to LA. I think the auditions are just cruel, and although the people show up and for whatever reason are risking humiliation for their chance to be a star, I just can't take the berating that people get because of their delusions of grandeur.
    Michael aka: NotaGeek

INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast Staff
    WDW 1/6/16 - 1/11/16 - BRING ON THE COWBELLS!

Please s
    upport INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

I actually like watching the auditions. There were a few that creeped me out.(the stalker guy and the the guy in the cape..eww) I've actually never watched a whole season..the furthest i've watched to was when the chose the people to go on the live part of the show. Maybe this year i'll actually watch the whole season.
    All of our dream can come true if we have the courage to pursue them.

Remember, we must always believe in our wishes, for they are the magic in the world.

Current CM at MK! If you're in Adventureland and craving Dole, Ice Cream, or an eggroll, look for Sarah from Front Royal, VA and say Hi!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    I had mixed feelings about last night ... I think I started off with a bad taste in my mouth after that poor black guy (who obviously had something wrong with him) got laughed at by Randy and Paula.

Anyway ... looking forward to the season ... when's it on next?
    It's on again tonight.

Honestly, I don't think the man you are talking about had anything seriously wrong with him (like for instance the kid from last year who was in the special olympics). When he was talking normally he sounded just fine, and he's a tour guide in the historic district. I know for a fact those people have to actually go through a training period (I think it's called Ben Franklin College or something) to make sure they can cut it. I really don't think anyone with mental issues would've gotten through. I just think he sings really weird.
    I too tend to hate the cruel auditions but his was too much. I admit that I laughed. It's not Randy, Simon, and Paula's fault that these people are chosen to get sent through the preliminary rounds. They have control over the comments they make, but sometimes, as sad as it is, you can't help but laugh.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NotaGeek View Post
    I can't watch the show until they get to LA. I think the auditions are just cruel, and although the people show up and for whatever reason are risking humiliation for their chance to be a star, I just can't take the berating that people get because of their delusions of grandeur.
    I pretty much feel the same way, although I did watch the tail-end of last night's show because it was what my husband and son had on when I got home from work. From that limited exposure the judges didn't seem as harsh as in other seasons. But I did feel bad for the Star Wars girl at the end. They used her angry commentary to punctuate other contestants' successes and it seemed demeaning to me. Although there again, I have to wonder about the friends and families of these types of contestants. She seemed to have either mental health or developmental issues too and a supportive family, but why would they encourage her to put herself out there for that kind of exposure?

I don't think I'll be watching again until the show goes back to Hollywood.
    Beth
    INTERCOT Staff--
    Theme Parks and Accommodations

Take a look at what INTERCOT's wonderful sponsors have to offer!

Post Thanks / Like

Actressing? Oh my. And they were nice to that girl, in my opinion. I have no idea why she went off on Simon, except that she probably knew she'd get air time if she did.

I liked the guy with the dredlocks. Pretty eyes, and nice voice. And the last girl was very sweet and sincere. I'm not sure her voice is super strong though. I guess we'll see.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Melanears View Post
    Actressing? Oh my. And they were nice to that girl, in my opinion. I have no idea why she went off on Simon, except that she probably knew she'd get air time if she did.

I liked the guy with the dredlocks. Pretty eyes, and nice voice. And the last girl was very sweet and sincere. I'm not sure her voice is super strong though. I guess we'll see.
    Honestly that girl made me change the channel. it was just too much considering I thought they were not all that mean. (I mean he did say she was nice but just that the signing wasn't what they needed and she should try cover bands etc)
    Natalie
    Feb 2001 off site Jan 2002 All star movies Dec 2002 All star sports jan-04 Poly Nov 2004 pofq Nov 2005 Pors Mar 06 at PORS CBR Dec 2006 POR sept 21-30 2007 oct 2008 poly and akl, dec 2008 pop and VWL

Post Thanks / Like

I saw an interview with her today, she said that although she was mad she did push it over the top for the cameras. However she did say that a lot of what the judges said was cut out, like Simon telling her she would be great for entertaining drunk men.
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PirateLover View Post
    I saw an interview with her today, she said that although she was mad she did push it over the top for the cameras. However she did say that a lot of what the judges said was cut out, like Simon telling her she would be great for entertaining drunk men.
    Whoa that seems weird they would cut that out..considering she must have reacted to that. I didn't see the interview but did she seem less well scattered for want of a better term then on the show with the whole talking to herself thing?
    Natalie
    Feb 2001 off site Jan 2002 All star movies Dec 2002 All star sports jan-04 Poly Nov 2004 pofq Nov 2005 Pors Mar 06 at PORS CBR Dec 2006 POR sept 21-30 2007 oct 2008 poly and akl, dec 2008 pop and VWL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MNNHFLTX View Post
    But I did feel bad for the Star Wars girl at the end. They used her angry commentary to punctuate other contestants' successes and it seemed demeaning to me. Although there again, I have to wonder about the friends and families of these types of contestants. She seemed to have either mental health or developmental issues too and a supportive family, but why would they encourage her to put herself out there for that kind of exposure?

I don't think I'll be watching again until the show goes back to Hollywood.
    Star Wars girl lives in the town next to mine. I don't think she has mental health problems. I think she's just really into Star Wars, and I think she probably enjoyed the exposure. These people put themselves out there and I have to think they know what they're getting into, for the most part. They've seen the show and they go through three sets of judges before they get to Simon, Randy, and Paula. They had to have had some reaction to clue them in before the cameras start rolling. I think a lot of people just really like to ham it up on TV. And some seem a little misled, which is sad.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    I
    btw ... did anyone besides me think this woman was wasting her time at singing and "actressing" as opposed to focusing on her art?? She appeared to me to be very talented. In fact, I almost wondered if she wasn't on the show specifically just to promote herself as an artist.

Anyway ... looking forward to the season ... when's it on next?
    Art is so subjective. I thought her art was not that impressive. I was hoping she would go the cover band route because I didn't think she was that bad with the type of song she sang, though not Idol material at all. But I also thought maybe there were problems that wouldn't allow her to see any career through after she went off on the judges.

The stalker guy didn't seem seriously menacing to me at all. He got his time on TV and seemed amused by it, and he did make me laugh. I'm pretty sure anyone who really has stalker tendencies doesn't have the self-awareness to make light of it in song. But who knows.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

The stalker guy made me laugh... Too bad he wasn't going to Hollywood... He would have been a fan favorite... LOL.. The next Sanjaya... LOL.....
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought the guy w/the dredlocks from Dover was incredible, too good for Idol even. You could hear his voice on the radio already. Tonight I LOVED the bridman guy that they saved for last! You just know he's going to be this season's William Hung! I was amazed he could actually sing!!! And Paula dancing with him...hysterical!!! That guy looked like he was having the time of his life!!!
    Too many trips to keep track of now! Vacation WDW twice a year so any questions ask freely ☺️

Post Thanks / Like

All of these people go through a first round a judging before they see Simon, Paula and Randy. The producers know they will never make it through, but they also know what gets people to watch the show. I've heard some people say the only watch the auditions and not the part where the singers get better. I find myself tuning in and out during the audition process, and watch more once they get to Hollywood.
    Chris °O°
    DISNEYLAND AP - First visit 1969

WALT DISNEY WORLD - First visit 1985
    HONG KONG DISNEYLAND - First visit 2005
    SHANGHAI DISNEYLAND - First visit 2016
    DISNEY DREAM CRUISE - First Cruise March 2019
    FUTURE + WORLD SHOWCASE = EPCOT (Favorite WDW park)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PirateLover View Post
    I recognized one contestant, Alyse Wojciechowski. She was a skinny blond with a short red dress. They showed her dancing before her audition, then they showed her screaching out a rendition of "Feeling Good." Let me tell you, I think this was an act. I went to high school with this girl. She was accepted to New York's Tisch school for performance and has been in many area musical productions. She is an accomplished singer. I've heard her sing many times and she has a wonderful voice. I don't know what the heck that was on the screen. I actually felt bad because I woke my mom up to come watch as soon as I saw her, without watching the performance first. If that was a serious attempt than something crazy has gotten into that girl. Oh well.
    I recognized her too! I think I might have met her before through some of my theatre friends. I kind of felt bad for her because I could tell under the screeching that she actually had a really good voice. I think she might have tried to "sell" it a little too much which was her problem.
    Janine
    -----------------
    Disney World: 87, 89, 92, 96-97, 99-00, 02-05, 07-14
    Disneyland: 05, 10-14
    RunDisney: 13 (Princess, Dumbo, ToT), 14 (Dopey, Tink, Glass Slipper, Dumbo, Wine & Dine, Avengers), 15 (Dopey, Rebel Challenge)
    DVC Member: 07-NOW

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by J9 View Post
    I recognized her too! I think I might have met her before through some of my theatre friends. I kind of felt bad for her because I could tell under the screeching that she actually had a really good voice. I think she might have tried to "sell" it a little too much which was her problem.
    This is a possibility. I mean a friend told me she won a solo award with that song in a national accapella contest. I was in theater with her in h.s. and she always had great vocal control. She had the lead her freshman year [i was 2 years ahead] and we had a pretty competitive program. I also recently saw her in a local production of Hair. She was always a very sweet girl. I'm baffled.
    ~M.~

11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I didn't see all of last night's show. I flipped between AI, the Flyers, and the James Bond Mythbusters episode.

From what I saw, it really looked like the judges were making a concerted effort to be a lot less cruel this season. Simon was darn near falling all over himself at times to find something nice to say about some of the contestants. I can't even remember a time when he told so many people they were "sweet" and that he "really liked them."

The talent seemed a little thin. No one really jumped out at me from Dallas. There were a few folks who looked like they had potential out of the gate, but most of them ended up not being quite as good as I thought they were going to be.
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Actually, my favorite part was when the "actressing" girl was being interviewed about being from Allentown. She said "there's a famous song about Allentown. I think it's by Bon Jovi." Yeah, there's someone who knows a lot about music. And didn't she say she was studying to be a veterinarian? Gosh, does she go to Penn? She truly was frightening.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyDog View Post
    Actually, my favorite part was when the "actressing" girl was being interviewed about being from Allentown. She said "there's a famous song about Allentown. I think it's by Bon Jovi." Yeah, there's someone who knows a lot about music. And didn't she say she was studying to be a veterinarian? Gosh, does she go to Penn? She truly was frightening.
    Bon Jovi, Billy Joel.... at least she got the initials right.....
    The only life I can think of that would be worse than being a special needs mom is not being one...

Poly (04), WL (06), BC (07), AoA (20)
    DL (74, 75, 83, 87, 98, 07, 09. 10)

Magical Journeys is the ONLY way to go!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rotflol...

All together now..."You are my brother....."
    Janet, aka JanetMegan

Scrapbooking-There is a fine line between a mental illness and a hobby.

Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: