Quantcast 2nd trip to anaheim!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default 2nd trip to anaheim!

Well, as promised, here is my trip report. I won't do a very long one, because I think that would be boring.. Just some thoughts

Our first day was 22nd December and the crowds weren't bad at all. We arrived early and I wanted to check the line for Nemo...90 minutes So we decided to skip that and wait 2 days for early entry.

We did the rides in Fantasyland (God, how I love those rides! and the wait time is minimal because everyone is waiting for Nemo)

Next we did It's a Small World and again, the Holiday overlay is just gorgeous. Simply stunningly beautiful.

Next on my list was Toontown..the last time we went we didn't explore this as much, just Roger Rabbit's Cartoon Spin, but I wanted to take my time and see the whole area. And i have to say, I know many people don't like this area, but I was very impressed! The toon-like architecture, the small details (like the Scrooge McDuck office etc. ), Roger Rabbit's Spin is a great ride but I think it is such a shame there is no merchandise for Roger Rabbit anywhere

And we went to Mickey's House. This may surprise you, but in all my many trips to the Disney parks, I have never been photographed with Mickey..until now! I was actually nervous. He was so cool!

Then it was time for my Fastpass to Space Mountain. What a smooth ride this is! the smoothest roller coaster I have done. Very cool!

Then we did Haunted Mansion Holiday (best ride ever, I love Nightmare before Christmas), Splash Mountain, Winnie the Pooh, Pirates....and then it was time for something I was dreading for a long time..Indiana Jones Adventure.

As you may have read on this board, Dinosaur has been the most terrifying experience in my life! I was completely out of it for half an hour coming out the first time. So I feared Indiana Jones was the same..but people here said I had to try it at least once, and who am I to argue?

Well, I had a BLAST! Not only is the queue the best queue area in all the Disney Parks, the ride itself was soooo cool!! I really want to thank anyone who convinced me to go on this ride, thank you so much guys!It is now in my top 5 Disney attractions.

Then the next day we went to California Adventure. Didn't do much here, Monsters Inc was closed so we just stuck to ToT and ITTBAB. Then we went to see Alladin and I wasn't sure what to expect but I was completely blown away!!! What an amazing show! The elephant, the carpet, the performers, the incredibly funny Genie ( at one point he came on stage..just stood there for a while and finally said "I've got nothing to say...how long is this writers strike gonna go on??"
    He was really funny

Then it was time for a classic. The Disney Electrical Parade. As I have said before on this board, my most perfect, avorite memory is me, 8 years old, wathcing this in DLRP with my whole family...so when the announcement came and the music started, I am not ashamed to say, I shed some tears for the second time ever (in a disney park..first was new year's Eve at Epcot in 2002) No one noticed I think It was so great to see that again

The last day was really busy but we had early entry and ran to Finding Nemo submarine. The wait was 25 minutes so we waited and I have to say, it was a great ride! Nothing special really, but I love Finding Nemo and this was just lovely Then we did the favorites one more time and we headed to Las Vegas for 3 days and then to WDW...Maybe I will write a trip report about that too

Well, I hope I haven't bored any of you! Thank you for reading!
    DLP:
    Dec. 1992 - May 1994 - Dec. 1997
    October 1999 - October 2003 - June 2004
    July 2006 - October 2006 - October 2007
    Going November 2008

WDW:
    Dec. 2003- Dec. 2005- November/Dec. 2006
    Dec./January 2007
    Going June 2008

DLR:
    Dec. 2006 - Dec. 2007
    Going July 2008

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Dallas, TX (1424.06 miles from the Disneyland Resort)
    Post Thanks / Like

Not boring at all!

Thanks so much for posting! I am so glad you enjoyed your time at Walt's park.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Disney-lovin' Dutchman View Post
    ... And we went to Mickey's House. This may surprise you, but in all my many trips to the Disney parks, I have never been photographed with Mickey..until now! I was actually nervous. He was so cool! ...
    I know what you mean about the nervousness. It's really something to meet a celebrity!

Thanks for the wonderful report. From your overcoming Indy fears to the joy of the Electrical Parade it was certainly a memorable trip.
    Linda aka tinkwest
    INTERCOT Staff ~ Disneyland Resort

Come On Everybody - Here We Go!!

“To all who come to this happy place: Welcome. ...”

Support our INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for posting! I was there the same weekend ... running around Fantasyland with friends enjoying the fact that everyone in the Park was in line for Nemo ... we probably passed each other in line for Peter Pan!
    Michael aka: NotaGeek

INTERCOT Insider Live Podcast Staff
    WDW 1/6/16 - 1/11/16 - BRING ON THE COWBELLS!

Please s
    upport INTERCOT Sponsors!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for sharing with us!

I can relate to the whole MSEP thing. Last time I saw it was in 2005 in DCA. Not only was it the first night of my trip, which was exciting enough, but it brought back memories of my first trip to DL as a teenager, watching from the "front porch" on Main Street with my baby sister. So, about 1/2 way through the DCA parade, I realized that I had been smiling so much that my face actually hurt.

WDW:
    1991 (offsite)
    2001 (POR)
    2005 (POFQ)
    2006 (1 day trip to Epcot)
    2010 (POFQ)
    2014 (offsite DTD/Epcot)
    2014 (Holiday trip - Beach Club)
    DL:
    1990 (offsite)
    2003 (Paradise Pier)
    2007 (Grand Californian)
    2012 (Grand Californian)
    DCL:
    2012 (2 night cruise from NYC!)

Post Thanks / Like

I really enjoyed reading about your highlights! What a funny line by the Genie. And I'm glad you braved Indy and loved it. That's what it's all about!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the highlights. Glad you had a good time and enjoyed Indy! I'm jealous that you got to see the MSEP as it wasn't on while I was there. I would have had a similar reaction
    "Jammin' in the jungle to the rhythm of one!"

Proud mom of Elias - born Sept 2008!

WDW College Program Alum-Fall 2001

I runDisney - 2010 DL Half, 2012 Coast to Coast DL Half and Wine & Dine, 2014 Tinker Bell Half, 2014 Avengers Half, 2015 Pixie Dust Challenge, 2015 Dumbo Double Dare

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report!
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Nor boring at all!! You made me see in my mind all the things you were reporting on, and that makes me happy! I am glad you had such a good time. Kudos for braving Indy, and I think it is very sweet that the parade stirred such emotion in you. Thank you for sharing your trip with us!
    Donna
    Intercot Staff

My father's name was Ferdinand, my mama's name was Liza, they didn't know what to call me so they called me Ferdiliza!
    Billy Hill and the Hillbillies - "I'm OK!"

Please support INTERCOT'S wonderful sponsers!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm SO glad you tried and loved Indiana Jones! I was one of those people who tried to convince you to go on.

Sounds like a great time at DLR! Thanks for sharing.
    Natalie
    INTERCOT Staff: Disneyland Resort-California, The Water Cooler

Post Thanks / Like

Yay Disney Lovin' Dutchman finally gave his trip report! I was so curious if you left the park and got back in, if you rode Indy and like it, and how you and Grandma liked DLR in general. I'm so pleased to read you had such a nice time. Thanks for the report!

2000 - Infinity: DLR Premium Annual Passholder
    Sixty minutes from my front door to Sleeping Beauty's Castle!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: