Quantcast Congrats to the Giants

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Congrats to the Giants

What a shocker I really thought they were going to blow it at the end there.

Go Big Blue!!!!!
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Today's games were very surprising! Glad your team won!
    1988,97,98*,99, 2000,01*,02*,04*,05*,07,08*,09,11,12*,13*'14*,15&, 16*,17(*=2x that year &=3x) on site WDW
    Next trip to WDW: Planning October 2017 and beyond! I love my AP!
    1991 DL 1993 DL Paris
    "If we can dream it, we can do it"
    "The harder I work, the luckier I get"

Post Thanks / Like

Both games today were surprising. Now out of the three teams left, can any of them beat New England?

I sure hope so
    ŴĐŴ∫âňăŧĭć aka David ºoº

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JPL View Post
    What a shocker I really thought they were going to blow it at the end there.

Go Big Blue!!!!!
    You and me both!!! The most nerve wracking 30 seconds of my life (or so it seemed at the time - lol).

For a while - it looked like our defense couldn't stop them...... they helped with all those penalties too!!!!
    SSR & BC DVC Member
    Coming up - BWV July '18
    BWI '98, BWV '05, '08-16
    BLT - '15, '17
    Beach Club '96, BCV - '04, '06, 09
    Swan '07
    Contemporary - '91, '94, '02, '04
    Wilderness Lodge '00, VWL, 08
    Off Site - '80's

Post Thanks / Like

Rhonda

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Not to take anything away from the Giants because they did play a pretty good game, but they won this game because Dallas was in over their heads more than anything else.

I mean those last two drives for Dallas were pathetic! I think on the 2nd to the last they went backwards more than they did forwards. I mean could Flozell Adams jump offsides just one more time?? Although I think that was more Guruode's fault than anything else ... dude apparently forgot how to snap a football.

Honestly, I think there have to be some serious questions asked about Tony Romo. This is two years in a row when he's essentially fallen apart in the last few weeks of the season and the playoffs. Not good ... plus the whole thing with him going on vacation and all makes me wonder how focused he really is.

Anyway, congrats to the Giants. Big deal playing in the NFC Championship game! I'll be (of course) rooting for Green Bay next weekend. Should be a good game, though. I think these two teams match up well and will put on a show!
    Ian ºOº
    INTERCOT Senior Imagineer

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

April 2018 - Saratoga Springs Treehouse

Help support INTERCOT's sponsors!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Talk about pathetic.....did you see the interview with TO crying about Romo being his quarterback?
    Alex

4/1976 - offsite,4/1983 - offsite,5/1999 - CaribBeach,5/2000 - CaribBeach,
    11/2001 - Coronado,7/2003 - AKL, 8/2004 - POFQ, 8/2005 - Poly, 8/2006 - Grand Flo,10/2007 - POFQ, 8/2008 - Wilderness Lodge, 8/2009 - POR, 8/2010 - CaribBeach, 8/2011 - Coronado, 8/2012 -Coronado, 8/2014 - Coronado

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

I've heard sound bites, but somehow I missed this whole thing last night. I have to try and track it down on the Web somewhere ...

T.O. crying ... I gotta see this!!

BTW, my earlier post may not have given the Giants enough credit. I mean watching the game, you were struck by how inept the Cowboys looked, but in further analysis I suspect that a lot of that was due to how the Giants defense was playing. They really put the heat on Romo, took T.O. and Witten out of the game, and in general just made life miserable for the Cowboy's O.

I will admit that I underestimated this Giants team quite a bit. I still don't buy into Eli at all and I think, outside of Brandon Jacobs, their offense is suspect across the board, but their defense is something else entirely. That pass rush is ferocious.

Eli, though ... I dunno ... 12 of 18 for 163 yards? Not exactly set-the-world-on-fire numbers. If, in fact, the best QB wins in the playoffs, the Giants have their work cut out for them next week.

But I won't bet against them ... the way they've played on the road this season has been remarkable. I think they're fully capable of pulling off another upset and making it to the Super Bowl.
    Ian ºOº

Veteran of over 60 trips to Disney theme parks and proud to have stayed in every Disney resort in the continental United States! º0º

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Eli, though ... I dunno ... 12 of 18 for 163 yards? Not exactly set-the-world-on-fire numbers. If, in fact, the best QB wins in the playoffs, the Giants have their work cut out for them next week.
    Those actually remind me alot of Phil Simms type numbers

And we all Defense wins football games for the most part as well as Championships.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Intercot Staff
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

T.O. crying ... I gotta see this!!
    "It's unfair to talk about his vacation. It's unfair....he's my quarterback(sniff, sniff)."
    Alex

4/1976 - offsite,4/1983 - offsite,5/1999 - CaribBeach,5/2000 - CaribBeach,
    11/2001 - Coronado,7/2003 - AKL, 8/2004 - POFQ, 8/2005 - Poly, 8/2006 - Grand Flo,10/2007 - POFQ, 8/2008 - Wilderness Lodge, 8/2009 - POR, 8/2010 - CaribBeach, 8/2011 - Coronado, 8/2012 -Coronado, 8/2014 - Coronado

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by JPL View Post
    Those actually remind me alot of Phil Simms type numbers

And we all Defense wins football games for the most part as well as Championships.
    Or Ben Roethlisberger numbers from a few years ago.

As for the "defense wins championships" argument ... tell that to the Patriots. They're going to win this year and they're going to do it on the back of their offense. Their defense is just okay.
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Somewhere between the Netherworld and Walt Disney World
    Post Thanks / Like

Never assume, Ian, never assume. Nothing against the Patriots, they are a great team. I feel they can be beat. They just have so many weapons. If anyone does beat them, and I think it can be done, that team will have to play one heck of a game. I think either the Giants or the Packers can really give the Patriots a run for their money in the Super Bowl. One thing is for sure, neither team will lie down for them. The Patriots are going to have to earn it.
    Let's stop defending mediocrity out of Disney and hold Disney to the higher standard they set up themselves.

Post Thanks / Like

My best friend's bf is from north jersey and is a Giants fan. I was over their place yesterday for the game. All the other Eagles fans were outright cheering for the Giants... not me though. I mean they are the lesser of 2 evils for me but no way I'm high fiveing over it! But It was an intense game. I love it when it goes down to the wire (and my team isn't involved, of course!)
    I still don't buy into Eli at all
    The family of my friend's bf calls Eli the "Fredo" of the Manning family. Also did you ever notice how he never blinks...
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by PirateLover View Post
    The family of my friend's bf calls Eli the "Fredo" of the Manning family. Also did you ever notice how he never blinks...
    Have you ever seen the movie Twins with Danny DeVito and Ahhhnold?

I think Peyton is Julius and Eli is the Vincent of the Manning family.

Seriously ... that dude always has this vacant look on his face, like he's never really sure exactly what's going on. I can't believe he's the sharpest tool in the shed, really.

As far as the Patriots being beatable ... I'd love to agree, but how can I argue with 17-0???
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

Ian wrote:
    As far as the Patriots being beatable ... I'd love to agree, but how can I argue with 17-0???

No argument here...
    1988,97,98*,99, 2000,01*,02*,04*,05*,07,08*,09,11,12*,13*'14*,15&, 16*,17(*=2x that year &=3x) on site WDW
    Next trip to WDW: Planning October 2017 and beyond! I love my AP!
    1991 DL 1993 DL Paris
    "If we can dream it, we can do it"
    "The harder I work, the luckier I get"

Post Thanks / Like

Can't argue with a 17-0 record.... I would be extremely shocked if the Patriots lose to the Chargers.... I'd be extremely shocked in they don't win it all... They are just too good....
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, what an UGLY game. I think I just started breathing again.
    ... outside of Brandon Jacobs, their offense is suspect across the board, but their defense is something else entirely. That pass rush is ferocious.
    The offensive line is playing great. Zero penalties last week.
    If, in fact, the best QB wins in the playoffs, the Giants have their work cut out for them next week.
    Luckily, the best QB next week is also prone to throwing 4 int's any given game
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Seriously ... that dude always has this vacant look on his face, like he's never really sure exactly what's going on. I can't believe he's the sharpest tool in the shed, really.
    i noticed the same thing, ian, and joe buck and troy aikman have started to say he always looks like he is calm, cool and collect and to me he looks like he has no idea where he is or what he is doing, but aikman kinda has that same look so maybe he is really defending himself
    -Chris R.

"We now face the danger, which in the past has been the most destructive to the humans: Success, plenty, comfort and ever-increasing leisure. No dynamic people has ever survived these dangers." --John Steinbeck

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scar View Post
    Luckily, the best QB next week is also prone to throwing 4 int's any given game
    No one knows that better than me ... I've seen Favre chuck up some ducks in playoff games against the Eagles, believe me. Probably most memorably in the "4th and 26" game a few years back.

I find it sort of surprising that most people seem convinced that the Giants can't win this week. I think they have a decent shot to pull off the upset. They're a good team, man. Much better than I gave them credit for.

I still don't believe in Eli, but you can't argue with that defense and they make just enough plays on the offensive side of the ball to get it done.

In many ways, they remind me of the Steelers team that won that Super Bowl for Cowher. They have a tough, tough defense ... a punishing running game ... and a QB they keep on a very short leash to prevent him from losing games for them. It's almost that Brian Billick/Baltimore Ravens philosophy and it's been proven to work a couple times in recent years.

As completely painful as this is for me to admit, I think the Giants at least have a good shot at winning it all.
    Ian ºOº

Next trip:

Post Thanks / Like

As completely painful as this is for me to admit, I think the Giants at least have a good shot at winning it all.

Wow does this mean other Eagle Fans will clip your wings and pluck your feathers
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Intercot Staff
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: