Quantcast The "Why Can't I Get a Good Beer" trip report-Day 5

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default The "Why Can't I Get a Good Beer" trip report-Day 5

Cast:

Me-43, Event planner by day, Disney planner by night
    DH-40, Cranky Disney Nay-sayer

We begin our last full day at the parks by sleeping in until about 7:00ish. We can feel the effects of walking about 10 miles a day on our tired, feeble bodies. Well, MY tired, feeble body. DH is a picture of athleticism. But, his cold has made him a little more tired and wearier than he would normally be. We are going to take is pretty easy today, see what we haven't seen, do what we haven't done.

Around 8:00, we amble our way to Intermission Food Court. We had said we weren't going to eat their breakfasts again, but, well, when you are a captive audience-they got ya! We opted for the Mickey waffles this time, and they were pretty good. Ok, so they are 1 for 2. Batting .500. I can't think of more analogies. Blanking.

We opt to make a quick trip to Epcot. We haven't made it to Test Track (or Fast Track as we kept hearing people say all week!). PLUS, the marathon was beginning in the morning. Do NOT make me go to Epcot the day of the marathon! We knew it had to be today. Off we went!

Got there just as the park was opening, hot-footed it over to TT, and into the line we went. It said 10 minutes, but we walked right into the little preview room. DH loved this ride! This turned out to be his favorite of the trip. Next dilemma. I'm afraid. Of Mission:Space. Terrified. I've wanted to do it. I really have. Claustrophobia. BIG TIME. DH decided the green side would be fun. I gulp down my fear and we walk in. I'm actually shaking. I do NOT want to do this. I don't care about the motion, the spinning or non-spinning, none of that matters to me. I can not fathom the thought of being harnessed into those seats, then having the control panel come up in front of your face. I think there is no way I can do this. DH sees my fear. There are 3 year olds standing next to me, excited for this ride, and I think I'm going to pass out. I'll do anything. Except this. Dang! I'm not a wimp, but seriously, this one has me by the throat. I have NO clue how I walked in that door to that little "pod". None. I seem to be sitting down all of a sudden, and trying to pull the harness down. Doors close. Control panel moves up. I'm trapped. I'm hideously claustrophic, and I'm trapped. I pay such close attention to the audio, as I keep thinking to myself that if I think of something else, I won't think so much about being trapped. Well, I won't say that I hated the ride, but I will say that I don't know if I ever need to do it again. It was a cool feeling, headed up to Mars. But I will not forget that "trapped" feeling. Darn it. I thought I was so "Disney Cool". Let it slip for a moment there.

Misery over, we made our way over to World Showcase. It was way early for things to open yet, so we sat, looked over the water, took photos, DH tried to climb into the Viking ship in Norway (he didn't make it, but not for lack of trying!). I took a great photo of him trying to get in. Once I get my photos loaded, I'll see what I can do about getting some out here! After WS opened, we took a scary ride through Norway (ok, not really scary-I said that as an "effect"), strolled through Chinese gift shops, looked at the Eiffel Tower, saw what our Coat of Arms would like like in the UK Pavilion (really ugly-not colorful-not tempted to buy either!), and commented that we didn't need to wander through Canada (hey, we live in Minnesota. We figured it would be hockey & LaBatts-we can see that at home). We decided to bid Adieu to our precious Epcot for this trip. I console myself with knowing it will still be here next January.

Monorail to TTC, and a boat ride to MK. That was next. Had to do a double take on the boat ride over. There was a nice little family standing by us on the way over. Mom, dad, little boy in stroller, girl about 8-9 or so, standing by mom. Just as the boat begins to move from the TTC over to MK, this girl begins to cry hysterically. The boat ride has her totally freaked out! All I can think of is "oh boy, if THIS is freaky to her, I wonder if they will get her on ANY of the rides?" Poor kid. She was just shaking.

Side note-why is it, that no matter how short a line I got in for either bag check or tickets, it STOPPED right when I got in that line? Why? What about me makes this happen? All week, every line, no exception. It must be my magnetic personality, screwing up all electrical equipment. That's what it is!

Anyway, in MK we go. It is PACKED. We realize that all 34,000 runners have brought 29 family members each, and they were all at MK that day. Extra-super-double busy. We walk for a bit, grab a bite in the overflowing Pinocchio Terrace, or whatever it's called. We realize, we did all the rides we wanted last time we were here! Why did we come back? We have no clue. We are really tired, maybe our brains weren't working. We didn't care about Country Bears, but it was next door, so we went in. Wow, for 2 adults, not worth the time. Must interject here with one line though "Mama doesn't whoop Buford". Ok, we laughed so hard at that song that we had tears rolling down our faces.

We decided, enough of MK for this trip. It's too crowded to do much anyway, and we've done what we came here to do. We head back to the resort for a little nap. The oldsters were feelin' their age today! DH kept saying "My body weary". I knew how he felt.

We had ADR's for Concourse Steakhouse at 7:00. So, after a little nap for DH, a long bath for me, we cleansed and hopped a bus for MK. We decided to stroll to the Contemporary. We were early and it was a gorgeous evening. It was a beautiful walk over. We elevatored to floor number 4. We were about an hour early, so we went to the Outer Rim. Miller Lite for DH and a margarita for moi. I checked in very early for our ADR and they told me we could get in soon, handed me a pager, and I went back to enjoy a few moments by the window with DH. Well, 2 sips later, buzzer goes off, and we are seated. Another tiny table, but we're so tired now, that we don't really care.

We ordered dinner, even though we weren't even really hungry. Then, a horrible thing happened. I got the giggles. Has this ever happened to you? Where it doesn't matter what is said, it's funny? Well, here were are, sitting at the Concourse, ordering our steaks we didn't really want, so tired. DH had ordered another skunky Miller Lite and our server told us that with the DDP, a bottle of water was included with the price. So I told her I'd have mine, but DH didn't want his. Server brought out this huge bottle of Evian. I told her we'd take his too, and bring it back to the resort with us, so I asked her to leave the cap on. After she walked away, DH just stared at me and asked me why I did that. And I said "Well, it's already paid for, we might as well take it". To which he laughed. And got me started. There is no way that I can make this story sound funny, because it wasn't, but it went downhill from there. He then grabs the salt shaker and starts putting it in my purse. I said "What are you doing?" He says "Well, the it's paid for!". I laugh harder. Shoves a napkin in his pocket. Well, it's paid for. We order our desserts, even though we didn't even eat half of our steaks. I ask for them to go. Because they are paid for. It's not funny, but I have tears rolling down my cheeks because I'm laughing so hard. I can't even sign the tab, because I can't see it. Our server has no idea what we are crying over, but no matter what words come out of her mouth, we are laughing at. It wasn't you, ma'am, it's us. We go grab a few souvineers at the Contemporary gift shop, still laughing for some stupid reason, and she gives us a bag for our desserts we are carrying. That starts us off again, for absolutely no reason. We just can't seem to stop. Sigh. Even if you'd been there, it wouldn't have been funny.

We head downstairs with our triple chocolate cake and key lime pie in our little blue Disney bag and start walking back to MK. We get chastised by a cast member for crossing the street NOT in a crosswalk (well, we've lived this long, take a chance!). I know, he was just doing his job. Taking care of the guests. He was right. We were wrong. We did it anyway.

Bus ride back to ASMu is uneventful, and we make the long walk back to our room. It's blissfully quiet as we munch on our cake and pie in bed. We slip into a sugar filled dreamland very quickly!

We leave tomorrow night, so only Day 6 left!

Karen

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    pogo Guest

Day 5 sounds wonderful.

As I'm reading your trip reports.... not just this one, but all of them.... I can really understand how your Intercot name came about. You are one crazy lady..... and I would love to be at WDW with you and your DH, but I'm afraid you'd never keep up with us. Even though we are , I think you'd slow us down !

I can't wait to see your photo's and I look forward to reading about Day 6.

Post Thanks / Like

I love it what a blissful day, I was laughing out loud reading your post. I totally get it I've had episodes like that.
    Cassi
    1987 on site and Disney cruise
    1995 off site
    January 2006 Pop
    Feb. 2008 Bonnet Creek
    Sept.28- Oct.4 2008 Bonnet Creek F&W Festival
    January 2009 Bonnet Creek
    Sept 28 - Oct. 4 2009 Bonnet Creek F&W Festival
    Jan. 9-Jan. 14 2011 POFQ
    Coming Soon! Feb. 12-19 2012 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

I get giggles at the most random things... me and my DD do it all the time. It is hilarious to us and we have no idea why...lol

I can't handle M:S. I get wicked motion sickness and am nauseas for like, DAYS after... being crammed in a little box and spun around at high speeds was a one time deal, thank-you very much.

Can't wait for Day 6!!!
    Day trips:
    WAAAAAY too many to count...

AKL Mar 7-9 One Year Anniversary!

Post Thanks / Like

Another very funny report. MIS is a do every 3-4 trips for me deal. (My DH and DS have to do it like 400 hundred times a trip though)

Glad your having such fun.
    Natalie
    Feb 2001 off site Jan 2002 All star movies Dec 2002 All star sports jan-04 Poly Nov 2004 pofq Nov 2005 Pors Mar 06 at PORS CBR Dec 2006 POR sept 21-30 2007 oct 2008 poly and akl, dec 2008 pop and VWL

Post Thanks / Like

Your reports have been so much fun I hate to see them come to an end!! Would love to see your photo's. Hope your able to post them!
    "I'm so hungry! I sure hope those Princesses' can cook!" my DD before our breakfast at CRT

Post Thanks / Like

Another fantastically funny post! I have thoroughly enjoyed every one of your reports! I am sad to think that your trip and in turn your trip reports are ending soon!
    Danielle

First Trip: April 1977
    Last Trip:- June 15-June 27 BLT and Vero Beach
    Next Trip: June 20-30 Vero Beach

Post Thanks / Like

Goodness, I'm glad you didn't have a panic attack on M:S, Karen! Other than that little adventure, what a great last full day.

My DH DREADS it when I get the giggles - it's usually at the most inappropriate times . . . but I can't help it!

Thanks for amusing us to pieces again with another great report!
    Carol (aka KylesMom)
    INTERCOT Staff: Mousellaneous & Trip Reports
    Last Trip: ICOT 15
    Happy A/P Holder 2002 - 2011

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Thanks for the report!
    șoș David, Lisa, Aaron and Allison
    98-PO
    00-CB & ASMo
    01-Swan
    02-CS
    03-POR
    04-POP
    05-PO / CR
    07-PO / CR
    08-ASMu
    09-AKL
    10-CR, CS & PP DL
    11-NB DLP & SSR
    12-BLT & BLT
    13-GC DL & BLT
    15-Aulani & BLT
    16-ASMu & GC DL
    17-BWI, THV, CSR, BLT
    18-BLT, OKW, OKW, CBR, GF & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for sharing "gotta love "
    WDW79, DL 81,82,83,91, WDW "2006 on site WDW "2007" off site WDW "2008" cruise 4days WDW "2008" off site 7days, "2009" off site 7 full days 7/21 to 7/29 "whos counting"

Post Thanks / Like

As a writer I must compliment your skills writing these reports...they are so enjoyable!
    1988,97,98*,99, 2000,01*,02*,04*,05*,07,08*,09,11,12*,13*'14*,15&, 16*,17(*=2x that year &=3x) on site WDW
    Next trip to WDW: Planning October 2017 and beyond! I love my AP!
    1991 DL 1993 DL Paris
    "If we can dream it, we can do it"
    "The harder I work, the luckier I get"

Post Thanks / Like

I usually get "Punch Drunk" (the giggles) when I am extremely overtired. My DH just and . It's so sad to know that Concourse is closing.......I love their food. Off to read some more.........................
    Kristen and Ben
    Next - 8/7-15 @ OKW w/Kakn7294 & Taylor & Joline; 12/16 Disney Wonder&12/19 SSR; July '10 @ VWL w/Kakn7294 - Nursing School Graduation Party ; Aug '11 Disney Dream; F&WF '11
    DVC Owners @ SSR & AKV & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

You and your husband make a great couple! Sounds like you have a lot of fun together!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: