Quantcast Adventurers Club

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Adventurers Club

Has any had any personal experience with the adventuerers club. If so what were your impressions?
    PLEASE WAIT UNTIL THE RIDE COMES TO A COMPLETE STOP!!!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Kungaloosh! We always go and spend some time here. Would not recommend it for children (although I've seen one or two- people were grumbling about them being there and it does kind-of ruin the more adult mood). My DH is not a "character guy" and could live forever without another Disney parade or musical show (blasphomy-sp?)...but he loves it here! It's very interactive and the actors/adventurers get everyone involved. They always seem to pick on my DH-I guess because he is so quiet and gets embarassed easily.

Make sure you stay long enough to go to one of the shows in the other rooms (schedule is up for you to see). I've seen lots of people walk in and not stay long enough to grasp what's going on. It's corny (like Hoop Dee Doo) but more adult humor and much more intimate and interactive. It's definately worth spending an hour or two here! "Marching Along..."

We love all the detail (sit at the bar in the main room and keep an eye on the seats)!
    WDW:
    '71 Off Site
    '78 Fort Wilderness Campground
    '85 Off Site
    '92 Carribean Beach R.
    '97 All Star Sports
    '99 All Star Sports
    '02 Port Orleans Riverside
    '05 POP Century
    '08 POFQ

DLP:
    '08 Paris Apartment

WDW:
    '12 POP, Hilton BC, POP

Currently in Disney Withdrawl...sniff

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cost

Is there like a two drink limit do you have to have rsvp's? Or can you simply walk in sit down and enjoy?
    PLEASE WAIT UNTIL THE RIDE COMES TO A COMPLETE STOP!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Is there like a two drink limit do you have to have rsvp's? Or can you simply walk in sit down and enjoy?
    You simply walk in, sit down and enjoy! Plus, in Disney style (even for adults!) guests are encouraged to "explore" the club.... you'll never know what you'll find or who you'll meet. Everyone is in character. I would recommend arrivng early or staying after the cabaret to enjoy the club chats with the characters. They come out and share stories/jokes with the other "members" ie. the guests. V. v. fun! Plus, there is a surprise at the bar - I have never sat on the correct stool - but many have..... Enjoy!!
    PinKy
    Upcoming trips: July 2021 Big Family trip to Disney!
    Most Recent Trip: October 2020 MNSSHP Family Weekend away!
    DVC Members since 2009

Post Thanks / Like

The other folks haven't mentioned it, but all of the action happens downstairs, and it isn't continuous. Be sure to take some time to check out the artifacts at the lobby level however. If you walk in at the wrong time you'll just see a room full of people milling about and it won't make any sense. We did that the first time we visited (before Intercot) and left because it just seemed like a highly decorated bar and nothing more. Kungaloosh!

The funny thing is that Emil Peeker and I are both from Sandusky, Ohio. That was weird.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airblue1 View Post
    There's not a drink minimum, but you do need to pay to get in (or use an option from your Magic Your Way w/ Water Park Fun & More ticket).

Post Thanks / Like

Kungaloosh!

Don't miss AC! It's always fun! Check out the shows in the Library; each one is different. The Radiothon and Balderdash Cup are particularly fun! Watch the yakoose in the main salon, and get inducted so you can see and hear the Colonel.
    "Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear eats you. But always dress for the hunt!" Kungaloosh!

"Happy are those whom the Muses love."

Post Thanks / Like

We went to the AC for the first time 2 weeks ago and DH and I loved it! It is so entertaining and funny! You could spend hours just walking around looking at all the walls and things. We ended up staying for hours and it didn't seem like that long at all! The shows in the Library are great especially the Balderdash Cup. DH goes around saying "Kungaloosh" and singing and doing the pledge all the time! We will start laughing out of the blue as we remember something from that night. Check out the bar stools and the mask room!
    Dec 08 SSR & first trip at holidays!
    Jan/Feb 09 Girl's only weekend with McGoofy!
    Sept 09 bounceback free dining again!

"I just want to live happily ever after every now and then." Jimmy Buffett

Post Thanks / Like

Kungaloosh all! I had my first visit to the club this past Wednesday and LOVED it but alas, I didn't have my camera with me. If anyone has pictures of the entrance and interior they'd be willing to email me for scrapbooking purposes, please PM me!
    12 trips to the World... next one: 10/29/12 for our Fairy Tale Wedding!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Opening Time for AC on Weekends?

Somewhere I read that the AC doesn't open until 9pm on Fridays and Saturdays. Can anyone confirm that? Seems a bit late.

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

The normal opening time for all days of the week is 7pm. Sometimes it opens at 9 or 9:30, due to private functions. Many times companies or people will rent it out. This could happen any night of the week, not just on Fridays or Saturdays. At one time the park time guides that people who are staying in a WDW resort get used to have the days listed that the AC would be opening late. On my last trip I didn't see this anywhere. You can also stop by the club and ask the security person what time they are opening that night. If it's opening late this gives you a great chance to catch the first performance at Comedy Warehouse.
    Next Trip: November 2008-- Disney Cruise: Land (the Poly) & Sea (4 nights)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks - I Appreciate it!!

Looking forward to trying out the AC in April!

Post Thanks / Like

I've been going to the AC since it's opening in 1989. It's a great place to have a really good time. I've been "volunteered" into many a show and I've been up on stage countless times. It's always different and always entertaining even if all you do is watch the other patrons. I still have my Adventurers Club Pin from 1990 when they first made me the "fool" and I take it with me every year. BTW, there's only one cast member, that I know of, who has been there from the beginning. When your there ask around, see if you can find out who he is. Enjoy yourself.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Some Really Basic AC Questions

We plan to head over to the AC for the first time in April. Could one of you AC veterans tell me:

If you arrive at opening and stay for say 2-3 hours, are the shows nearly continuous, or are there lengthy periods between shows?

Do the shows ever overlap so that you have to choose between them?

If we return to the AC a couple nights later, will be see basically the same shows as we saw previously, or would they be significantly different?

Are seats available at the shows or do most people stand? I have an issue with standing for long periods.

Would really appreciate your help - thanks!!

Post Thanks / Like

Kungaloosh Denverdave,
    There are four different rooms to visit at the Club and all are on the bottom floor:

Main Salon: You will be inducted into the Adventurer's Club by taking the club oath, singing the club song and learning the very important club salute.

Mask Room: There's more to the masks than meets the eye.

Treasure Room: Be careful what you wish for in this artifact lined room.

Library: This is where the main shows take place. They vary throughout the evening and may include the talented Samantha Sterling's Cabaret, the Balderdash Competition and the Hoopla finale.
    There is constant interaction between cast and attendees. The "show" starts in the main salon follows to the Treasure Room then Mask room, (or visa versa) and finally the Library. I've been there nights when it would take about an hour and a quarter to complete the entire show. If its really busy it may take longer. I try to make it there a couple of times each visit. The last "show" ends by 1:00AM. It's a GOOD TIME

Post Thanks / Like

Boo Hoo...as my Trip Report (Just Us) posted yesterday stated...AC was closed for a private party last Sat. (they didn't open for eveyone until late...I didn't make it). Don't forget to call ahead!
    WDW:
    '71 Off Site
    '78 Fort Wilderness Campground
    '85 Off Site
    '92 Carribean Beach R.
    '97 All Star Sports
    '99 All Star Sports
    '02 Port Orleans Riverside
    '05 POP Century
    '08 POFQ

DLP:
    '08 Paris Apartment

WDW:
    '12 POP, Hilton BC, POP

Currently in Disney Withdrawl...sniff

Post Thanks / Like

This is THE BEST part of Pleasure Island. So many people peek inside upstairs and leave not realizing all the fun is downstairs. Have a great time - and hope you get one of the fun barstools! The last time we were there I got one and it was a hoot!
    Caribbean Beach - Jan 2008
    Off property - 2004
    Disneyland's Grand Californian - 2003
    Disney Wonder Cruise June 2002
    Boardwalk Inn, June 2002
    Disneyland Hotel - 1999
    All Star Sports - 1998
    All Star Music - 1996
    All Star Sports - 1995
    Dixie Landings - 1994
    Contemporary - 1980's

Harrisonburg, VA--too far from the magic!
    Post Thanks / Like

We were there on our last trip and it was one of my sister's (19) favorite things to do! Every day she would ask if we were going again that night! It has hilarious and she was old enough to get all the jokes and be at PI without being 21. We went to Comedy Wharehouse one evening but didn't like it as well. Now we do the song, salute, and kongaloosh randomly just to make our parent wander what in the world we got into! I would highly recomend it. And it was different shows on the two nights we went.
    șoș Tiffany șoș

Many trips offsite growing up
    2/08 CBR
    10/09 Pop/POFQ
    12/09-1/10 POR/CR
    10/10 POLY
    12/11 POFQ

Next Up:
    POFQ 10/14 - 11/14

Post Thanks / Like

What does one typically wear to adventurers club? Casual OR Dressy?
    Laura

April 2008 Contemporary
    August 2007 Pop
    May 2006 Pop

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ltam16 View Post
    What does one typically wear to adventurers club? Casual OR Dressy?
    Only been once, but everyone was dressed casually.

WARNING!!!! Drinking too many Jungle Juices can lead to dancing at 8 trax late into the night!
    Disneyland: many, MANY times!
    WDW:POR POFQ BWV WLV ASMu POLY

Am I a huge disney fan? YOU BETCHA! I blame it all on my parents! They are the one's that walked around Disneyland all day to induce labor! Yep, I've been going to Disneyland since the day before I was born!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: