Quantcast New Kids on the Block Reunion - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I cannot tell you how old I felt reading this. When I loved NKOTB, i was 13 and they were teen boys, now they are grown men pushing middle age amd I will be 33. When the oldies station starts playing their songs, please humanely shoot me.
    1988,97,98*,99, 2000,01*,02*,04*,05*,07,08*,09,11,12*,13*'14*,15&, 16*,17(*=2x that year &=3x) on site WDW
    Next trip to WDW: Planning October 2017 and beyond! I love my AP!
    1991 DL 1993 DL Paris
    "If we can dream it, we can do it"
    "The harder I work, the luckier I get"

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NotaGeek View Post
    As said previously, their website is teasing of a reunion, and to be honest, why would anyone have a brand new website since the band is basically broke with no record deal if there wasn't a reunion in the works?
    I'm not sure if the teaser that you're speaking of is the one that's up on their site today, but it definitely makes it seem like something's going to happen. It ends by asking, "are you ready?"

šOšprprincessšOš

WDW-75, 79, 89, 91, 98, 04: Offsite; 01: ASMs & CSR; 02: Dolphin; 03: GF & POR; 06: POFQ & BC; 08: WL; 09: CBR
    DL--97-98: AP Holder

Post Thanks / Like

I’m excited and sad at the same time. Has it really been 18 years since they were big??! Also, my favorite was Jonathon and he’s turning 40 this year??!!!!! What???! I feel so old!!!!!!!

I can remember when the Super Bowl came to Tampa and they were in town to do the half time show. Every girl in town (including me!) was on the look-out for New Kids!!!
    šOš šOš šOš šOš šOš šOš šOš šOš šOš šOš
    Amber

62 Miles from the Magic!!!!

Stayed at: All Stars Sports, Music and Movies; Dixie Landings; Port Orleans; Pop Century; Yacht Club

Post Thanks / Like

From People.com

New Kids on the Block to Appear on Today Show

Looks like the Today show's got the right stuff: All five original New Kids on the Block members – Joey McIntyre, Donnie Wahlberg, Danny Wood and brothers Jordan and Jonathan Knight – will appear together in the morning show's courtyard on April 4, a source tells PEOPLE.

After months of speculation, PEOPLE confirmed in January that the band is reuniting – just in time to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the release of their mega-hit album Hangin' Tough. The group also recently updated its Web site, nkotb.com.

The boy band, which made legions of tweens swoon in the early '90s, selling more than 50 million albums, became a worldwide phenomenon before calling it quits in 1994. Since then, the oldest "Kid," Jonathan Knight, 39, retreated back to Boston to become a real estate developer. Former members Wahlberg, 38, and McIntyre, 35, have seen acting success, while Wood, 38, has worked as a music producer and Jordan Knight, 37, has continued to record.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hmmm

If you hadn't posted that yesterday I would think it was an April Fools...
    Janet, aka JanetMegan

Scrapbooking-There is a fine line between a mental illness and a hobby.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JanetMegan View Post
    If you hadn't posted that yesterday I would think it was an April Fools...
    It was April Fools here.

Post Thanks / Like

Default I figured...

I thought about that after I posted Shoot, I was getting excited
    Janet, aka JanetMegan

Post Thanks / Like

Guys, I don't think it was a joke. The info was sent out to all of their fans who signed up from the website and they released an official picture to Yahoo! which you can see here
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/launch/20080...aunch/58951639
    If this was a joke then it was pretty elaborate and many people will be upset. I think it's for real.
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PirateLover View Post
    Guys, I don't think it was a joke. The info was sent out to all of their fans who signed up from the website and they released an official picture to Yahoo! which you can see here
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/launch/20080...aunch/58951639
    If this was a joke then it was pretty elaborate and many people will be upset. I think it's for real.
    I saw the pick on Yahoo! last night, and I have to say, they all look really good!! I didn't get the details though. If you hear anything, let us know!

šOšprprincessšOš

WDW-75, 79, 89, 91, 98, 04: Offsite; 01: ASMs & CSR; 02: Dolphin; 03: GF & POR; 06: POFQ & BC; 08: WL; 09: CBR
    DL--97-98: AP Holder

Post Thanks / Like

It's true! I will say that I'm honestly surprised Donnie Wahlberg is involved.

From Yahoo! News

New Kids on the Block to Reunite

BOSTON - They may be pushing 40, but the New Kids are returning to the block. The Boston boy band New Kids on the Block, which sold 70 million albums in the 1980s and early 1990s, has reunited and plans to release a new album and go on tour. The reunion comes 20 years after the release of the group's multi-platinum album, "Hanging Tough."

The group released a new photo Wednesday and reportedly will appear on the Today show Friday morning — the same time an unmarked countdown clock on http://www.nkotb.com ends.

"The fan response to this has been incredible," band member Donnie Wahlberg told the Boston Herald.

Wahlberg said he was convinced to get back together with his former bandmates — Joey McIntyre, brothers Jordan and Jonathan Knight and Danny Wood — when they decided to record new music. Wahlberg said he wrote 80 percent of the new material with McIntyre and Jordan Knight.

"I had no interest going out on a nostalgia tour and singing the same material," said Wahlberg, 38.

But he added, "We absolutely will do the old songs for sure."

Producer Maurice Starr formed the group in Boston in the 1980s, hoping to recreate the success he had with another teen group from the city, New Edition.

At the height of their popularity, New Kids sold out world tours, marketed millions of dollars in merchandise and spawned a Saturday morning cartoon.

The group disbanded in 1994. Wahlberg has acted on television and in movies, while Jordan Knight, McIntyre and Wood released solo albums. Jonathan Knight became a real estate developer.

Post Thanks / Like

They were on this morning!! Did anyone watch it?

I'm going to look for the video online tonight but i've seen pictures already. I'm so happy! haha
    -Stacey

"There is a natural hootchy-kootchy motion to a goldfish.”

"To all who come to this happy place, welcome." -Walter Elias Disney

Salisbury, Md 14 hours, 21 minutes or 903.36 miles From Disney
    Post Thanks / Like

I did watchi t this morning being teh block head that i am lol. YEs tehy Re reuniting and have started recording and tehir first preformance will be May 16th on teh Today show. I am so excited about this and i really should not be . but it was just 14 short years ago on april 1st that i got to meet the guys at the wall in King of prussia mall as they were signing autographs to promote their no more games album. I am excited for them and can not wait to hear the new songs. i guess i will forever be a disney Loving Block head hahahahahahahahahahaha
    šoš Josette šoš
    ~*~Next up~*~
    November 2015
    Surprise trip(Pop Century)

Just because I cannot see it, doesn't mean I can't believe it! -Jack Skellington

Post Thanks / Like

I saw them on the Today Show this morning. They looked older, but I can't wait to see their moves and hear their new songs. It was quite funny to see a bunch of screaming women (rather than teens). I'm not ashamed to admit I'm quite excited about this reunion. Probably the first big reunion of my generation.
    [SIZE="2"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Walt Disney World proudly presents....our spectacular festival pageant of nighttime magic and imagination in thousands of sparkling lights and electro-syntho-magnetic musical sounds....the Main Street Electrical Parade!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brewcrew26 View Post
    I wonder if they come back to tour if it would all be 25-40-year-olds in the audience? I can't imagine with all the Hannah Montana and HSM craze that tweens would want to go see NKOTB unless their parents made them.
    I was thinking this same thing. I pretty sure I would have to drag my tween to see them. She refers to the 90's as oldies!
    These three things will continue forever: faith, hope and love. And the greatest of these is love.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mickey&missy View Post
    OMG! This totally takes me back to 8th grade! Me and my best friend went to a New Kids concert at Giant Stadium! Can you believe they played in Giant Stadium?!
    ME TOO!!! This is bringing me back to 8th grade myself!! My friend's dad was a DJ in New Orleans, and he got us tickets to meet the guys before the show and got front row seats!!!
    M°o°nica

Prepare to Shake..Rattle & Roll!
    Freeway Construction Ahead Take Atl. Route.Traffic Jammed.Drive Safely Detour Ahead..get ready to ROCK! All lanes open.SO FLOOR IT! Car Pool lanes open..WIDE OPEN - RnRC

Next Up: Oct 28 - Nov 7th!

N' Awlin's girl born & raised

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, they were on the Today Show and said that they will have their debut performance on the Today Show in May. They also said something about going on tour.

I, too, would be surprised to see Jonathan start performing again after they showed on the Oprah Show his extreme case of stage fright and he was curled up in a fetal position in the green room before going on. I can't see this happening with him in this condition unless he has come out of it after therapy or something. I can't figure out what happened to him after all those years of performing to cause this.

They asked if they were still going to be called NKOTB and they said they were still "kids" and would still be using the name. I guess if the Rolling Stones can do it, they can too. At least they aren't as old as the RSs.
    I DO believe in fairies, I DO, I DO!

1977-2007 various resorts
    August 2007 CBR
    August 2009 Poly
    2010 July/August Ply
    2012 July BC & Christmas ASM
    2014 Sept BC
    2015 Sept BC Oct CS
    2016 May FQ Oct GF
    2017 Nov YC

Post Thanks / Like

From People.com:

It's been 14 years since the New Kids on the Block have released a song – and on May 13 fans will be able to hear whether it was worth the wait when the band's new single "Summertime" will be available online. (Check PEOPLE.com for an early sample of the tune on Monday, May 5.) Then, on May 17, Joey McIntyre, 36, Donnie Wahlberg, 38, Danny Wood, 38, and Jordan, 37, and Jonathan Knight, 39, will kick-off their new tour at New York radio station Z100's Zootopia concert at the Izod Center in East Rutherford, N.J. The band will perform live the day before on The Today Show – the first time NKOTB have performed live since they split in 1994.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

Jordan is still a cutie!
    DW of lotrfan
    Offsite - '81-'86
    DL - '89, '97, '05
    POFQ - '94, '95
    FW - '96
    POR - '98, '01
    CBR - '08 (Honeymoon)
    AsMo - '09 (Princess 5K & 1st Anniversary)
    DCL - Dec. '11 (30th b-day gift)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Nkotb

Okay, it's time to come out of hiding NKOTB fans. I know you're out there.

They're all grown up. We're all grown up. But who here was a fan? Who was your favorite kid? And how do you feel about the reunion?

Personally, I'm more excited about their reunion than I will admit to my "real life" friends. I fully intended on going to their Chicago concert but it sold out before I could do anything about it.

Well now that I've completely embarassed myself, I'll wait for other NKOTB fans to come out of the closet.
    "Oh that clock, even HE orders me around!"
    -Cinderella
    ~~~~~~
    Next trip: DLR February 2015
    Last trip: January 2014.
    7 trips to the World.
    1 trip to Disneyland Paris.
    25 trips to Disneyland.

Post Thanks / Like

Default When?

When is it they are going to be singing on tv? Is that in a couple weeks?

I was (still am) a HUGE fan I Jordan!
    Janet, aka JanetMegan

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: