Quantcast Another FP ?? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another FP ??

Post Thanks / Like

Theres only one thing you guys are not remembering and that is when attractions go 101. That is the main reason why fastpass lines get out of control and if you release more you will make it worse. Just because you stay on property doesnt mean ou get exclusive everything. Sometimes people are forced to stay in hotels off property because of conventions, cheerleader competions, marathons , or other special events. Should they be punished because they cant afford to stay at animal kingdom lodge or the poly??? Shouldnt things be equal. You also are forgeting that Walt opened this not as a place for greed but a place where families can come and have a good time and enjoy themselves together. All you are doing is turning into a greedy enviroment and spitting and disgracing Walts legacy by discriminating.
    attention space travelers all flights have been put in a holding patern. travelers in rockets please remain seated as ur flight will continue in a moment. those travelers awaiting departure please remain where you are and a host or hostess will direct you.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Gottaluvgoof Guest

I am against it. I used to enjoy Universal/IOA. They basically had the same fast pass system as Disney. They went to the pay system and it has gotten totally out of hand. While there last June, we paid $30 a DAY for fast passes. The best part was, they were only good on each ride once. I wouldn't have purchased them, but my sister was only able to go to each park one day, and we would have never gotten on any rides had we not paid. I like the system as it is. It's the same for everyone.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Altair View Post
    Would you still be for this if it was for resort guests who were US citizens only ( a perk of US citizenship)? I'm guessing not.
    No one wants discrimmination unless there's a benefit for them.
    Do you think about what you are going to write before you write it? I am not sure what American privileges and WDW Resort guest privileges have to do with one another.
    She was simply making a comment stating her opinion on how she thinks the system should work, then you come back with an arrogant comment that has almost nothing to do with the original thought.
    Disney World is somewhere that people all over the WORLD visit with their families, the location (US) has almost nothing to do with reason of their visit. If you want to be like this, you guys will have the park to yourselves because no one will want to visit the parks.
    Next time, think about what you are going to say before you say it.

Past Trips:
    May 2000 - POFQ : 1 week
    April/May 2005 - POFQ : 2 weeks
    April/May 2006 - POFQ : 3 weeks
    December 2007 - POFQ : 17 Days
    Next Trip - May 2008 - Caribbean Beach then POFQ! : 12 Days

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GoofeyAtDisney View Post
    Do you think about what you are going to write before you write it? I am not sure what American privileges and WDW Resort guest privileges have to do with one another.
    She was simply making a comment stating her opinion on how she thinks the system should work, then you come back with an arrogant comment that has almost nothing to do with the original thought.
    I was just pointing out how unfair omitting one group over another would be, not advocating anything else. The point being, people are all for special benefits as long as it includes themselves. It was just an example to show a point of view, nothing more.
    Dave aka: Altair
    "Even though they're graceful when swimmin', it's hard to believe sailors thought they were women" - Manatee area, the Living Seas

Post Thanks / Like

I like the lessons that the current FP system teaches my children (in no particular order):

First - make priorities - if {insert name of ride that runs out of FPs early in the day here} isn't important enough to you to drag your sorry behind out of bed and ride it, than either wait in the stand-by line or go without.

Second - effective time management - hmmm... I can get a fast pass for TOT that is effective in 1 1/2 hours. The standby line for RNRC is 45 minutes and TOT 30 minutes. Assuming TOT stays about the same, I can ride RNRC and TOT twice in 1 1/2 hours - not a bad use of my time.

Third - patience - 'nuff said

Fourth - attention to detail - there is enough detail in almost every queue to keep someone interested for quite a long wait - most people are too busy complaining about the wait to notice!

We stay on property and for a very short time (3 nights/4 days max) and always manage to get everything in that we want to get in. Actually, we managed to do that before the FP was instituted.
    Have a Magical Day!

Virginia - 775 miles/12hrs from the magic
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Disney has already put too many price tags on items that were once free and enjoyed by all. Leave the fast passes as they are. Completely first come first serve.
    '09~Pop
    '08~Pop,CR
    '07~Pop,POR
    '06~WL,Pop
    '05~CSR, Pop, CBR
    '04~ASSp, ASMu, Pop
    '03~ASMo,POR,Poly
    '02~WL
    '01~ASMo
    '00~Off Site :0(
    '95~ASSp
    Sept 1991~Honeymoon~Off Site

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceMtn101 View Post
    Theres only one thing you guys are not remembering and that is when attractions go 101.
    Great point! (I'm assuming 101 means "break down").

On more than one occasion we found a huge FP return line for Test Track. (Does Test Track ever make it through a day without breaking down?) Imagine how long the line would be if they gave out twice as many FSs.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wedway76 View Post
    Great point! (I'm assuming 101 means "break down").

On more than one occasion we found a huge FP return line for Test Track. (Does Test Track ever make it through a day without breaking down?) Imagine how long the line would be if they gave out twice as many FSs.

From personal expierence ... not this christmas but the christmas b4 Space mountain decided at the busiest time it wanted to go down more than once... i think it was like 7 or 8 times ... and we had almost a 2 1/2 hr standby wait and at least an hour fastpass wait and all fastpasses were gone by like 1pm... can u imagine if u would double them ... it be like a 4 hr standby wait and 2 hr fastpasss wait ....

I DONT see the logic in that one
    attention space travelers all flights have been put in a holding patern. travelers in rockets please remain seated as ur flight will continue in a moment. those travelers awaiting departure please remain where you are and a host or hostess will direct you.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: