Quantcast Monthly Scrapbook Layout Challenge - 2008 - Page 10

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Here's two L/Os for the July food challenge: left and right from our evening at Animator's Palate on our first cruise in November 06.

It's August so here's a L/O for the August challenge. I've titled the page "Uh Oh" and if you read the journaling, you'll see why.

Hope you enjoy it!
    Ellen
    INTERCOT Staff: Dining, Disney Cruise Line, Guests with Special Needs

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Ellen,

Your L/O are awesome! I just love them

Post Thanks / Like

Great layouts, Ellen!!! I have never taken pictures of any of our transportation. That's my goal on our trip in October.
    Carol

May 14 ???
    Oct. 13 ???
    Oct. 12 DVC-OKW.
    Feb 12 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Oct. 11 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Feb. 11 AKL-Jambo
    Feb. 10 POFQ
    Dec. 09 POFQ
    Dec. 08--POFQ
    Oct. 08--POFQ
    Dec. 07--Wilderness Lodge,
    May 06--Grand Floridian

Post Thanks / Like

Well, you guys have inspired me! I'm going to try to catch up on my scrapping before our December trip, which means umpteen WDW trips and two cruises and one () non-WDW trip to Philadelphia.

That said, here's a contribution for January's resort challenge (because, after all, the ship WAS our resort ): left and right.
    Ellen

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Post Thanks / Like

I love your pages, Ellen!! Are they digital pages or the old fashened ones? One of these days I'm really going to break down and try something digital!!
    Carol

May 14 ???
    Oct. 13 ???
    Oct. 12 DVC-OKW.
    Feb 12 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Oct. 11 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Feb. 11 AKL-Jambo
    Feb. 10 POFQ
    Dec. 09 POFQ
    Dec. 08--POFQ
    Oct. 08--POFQ
    May 06--Grand Floridian

Post Thanks / Like

Carol, at this point, they're all digital. With the neuropathy, it's a lot easier for me to manipulate a mouse than my scrapbooking tools. And to scrap, I don't need to clear off my desk.

Here's another spread (left and right) for our August transportation challenge: it's from our Nov 06 cruise, about the bus ride over to Port Canaveral and all it meant to me to actually, finally get there!

Editing this to add another layout (this is becoming an obsession) about a very special magical moment DS was granted on our cruise, for February's challenge (meeting the characters): left and right.
    Last edited by ElenitaB; 08-03-2008 at 10:03 PM. Reason: Added more pages
    Ellen

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Ellen,

I was thinking about your digi scrapping yesterday, just wondering, do you have your digi LO's printed once you complete them?

I am just afraid that if I went digi I would never have them printed and they would get 'lost'!
    Lea-Ann
    The Creative Mind that Never Rests . . .

Dreaming of Disney.......
    Last Trip - Dec 14-21, 2012 AKL!!! Next Trip - TBA!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I've been toying with the idea of buying a large format printer (either HP or Epson) but haven't made the commitment yet. I need two things first: the money and the space to put it.

In the meantime, I've been printing some pages at Costco (to the tune of $3 a pop), and I've asked my brother (who works at a huge photo lab in NYC) to print out a bunch. I've pretty much decided that these books will be my last 12x12s, as I can print out 8x8" layouts on my home printer (and they look great too).
    Ellen

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Since Aug. 1 I have done 15 pages!!! I finished my July challenge of food. Then I went back and did January's challenge of the resorts. After I finished that I did the Feb. Challenge of characters. I did the characters from the different parks all together(I usually do all parks separately)!!

Next I decided to venture off from the challenge and just try to go to the different parks and rides at the parks(that's usually how I scrapbook). I started with Epcot, I did Test Track and Living with the land. Next I have to finish World Showcase...someone give me a park to do after that!!! I have a feeling that I'm going to be using a few of my lieu days and take long weekends!!
    Carol

May 14 ???
    Oct. 13 ???
    Oct. 12 DVC-OKW.
    Feb 12 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Oct. 11 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Feb. 11 AKL-Jambo
    Feb. 10 POFQ
    Dec. 09 POFQ
    Dec. 08--POFQ
    Oct. 08--POFQ
    May 06--Grand Floridian

Post Thanks / Like

Nice pages, Carol!

So I'm not the only one who takes a lot of pictures on Living with the Land? I seem to take bunches of photos each and every time we go. What is up with that?
    Ellen

Next up:
    Christmas with the Mouse
    President's Week 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ElenitaB View Post
    Nice pages, Carol!

So I'm not the only one who takes a lot of pictures on Living with the Land? I seem to take bunches of photos each and every time we go. What is up with that?
    Thanks, Ellen!!

I think I take WAY too many pictures. I took over 700 on the Dec. trip, but most of them are of the different sites. I told Gilles that I'm going to try and figure out what I want pictures of the next trip...the December trip will be easy...I'll be taking pictures for the JQU yearbook!!! Do you think anyone will want to hang out with me when we aren't having an official meeting?

We don't have very many pictures of us together, since I'm always manning the camera, so that's one thing I need to work on. Another is transportation, and food. Gilles teases me that the camera is an attachment to my hand when we're at WDW!!
    Carol

May 14 ???
    Oct. 13 ???
    Oct. 12 DVC-OKW.
    Feb 12 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Oct. 11 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Feb. 11 AKL-Jambo
    Feb. 10 POFQ
    Dec. 09 POFQ
    Dec. 08--POFQ
    Oct. 08--POFQ
    May 06--Grand Floridian

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ElenitaB View Post
    I've been toying with the idea of buying a large format printer (either HP or Epson) but haven't made the commitment yet. I need two things first: the money and the space to put it.

In the meantime, I've been printing some pages at Costco (to the tune of $3 a pop), and I've asked my brother (who works at a huge photo lab in NYC) to print out a bunch. I've pretty much decided that these books will be my last 12x12s, as I can print out 8x8" layouts on my home printer (and they look great too).
    I need a new printer and have considered a 12x12 too, I just don't know what to do, I worry the ink would be TOO expensive! I won't be buying anything until I go back to work anyway.

[QUOTE=Caroleh; Next I have to finish World Showcase...someone give me a park to do after that!!! I have a feeling that I'm going to be using a few of my lieu days and take long weekends!![/QUOTE]

The pages look great Carol! You have given me an idea for the remaining months of 2008! Would anyone like to know them in advance so they can get working on them?!!!?
    Lea-Ann

Post Thanks / Like

Go ahead and give them to me so I can finish this scrapbook, since I have another to do in October!!!
    Carol

May 14 ???
    Oct. 13 ???
    Oct. 12 DVC-OKW.
    Feb 12 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Oct. 11 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Feb. 11 AKL-Jambo
    Feb. 10 POFQ
    Dec. 09 POFQ
    Dec. 08--POFQ
    Oct. 08--POFQ
    May 06--Grand Floridian

Post Thanks / Like

Carol - love the Christmas scrapbook - it makes me even more anxious for my Christmas trip to DW to get here....

I'm new to scrapbooking - have only recently completed my first scrapbook. Any hints and advice anyone can give would be greatly appreciated. I especially would like to know where to get the disney and other fonts as well as best places to purchase supplies. The one book I've finished was of our last trip to DW and I have two more trips to scrapbook. I'm also already thinking about the book I'll make after our Dec '08 trip.

Thanks for you help and keep posting those pages - I love looking at your creative hard work.
    June 1978 - Camping
    July 2004 - POR
    April 2005 - POR
    October 2006 - POR
    December 2008 - WL
    October/November 2009 - WL
    December 2010 - WL
    October/November 2014 - POP
    December 2015 - POR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nut4DW View Post
    Carol - love the Christmas scrapbook - it makes me even more anxious for my Christmas trip to DW to get here....

I'm new to scrapbooking - have only recently completed my first scrapbook. Any hints and advice anyone can give would be greatly appreciated. I especially would like to know where to get the disney and other fonts as well as best places to purchase supplies. The one book I've finished was of our last trip to DW and I have two more trips to scrapbook. I'm also already thinking about the book I'll make after our Dec '08 trip.

Thanks for you help and keep posting those pages - I love looking at your creative hard work.
    Welcome!!! Please ask away and we will help as much as we can!

There are many websites which offer free Disney fonts, I use Da Font .com alot. If you google Free Disney fonts you will get a ton of stuff.

Just wondering if you have a cutting system such as a Silhouette or Cricut? They are expensive, but are great for Cutting titles & shapes.

There are so many places to purchase scrapbooking supplies. Do you have a local Scrapbook Shop (LSS?). They specialize in scrapbooking supplies and offer classes on everything! Michaels is a great store, as is AC MOORE. It just depends on what is in your area. There are many online sites too, mouse memories is a favorite of mine, as is scrap your trip - both excellent sites for Disney products!

Please post your work when you get a chance!
    Lea-Ann

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the font info Flower - I appreciate it. I downloaded a couple this morning and can't wait to use them. Unfortunately, work comes first

I do not have either of the cutting systems you mentioned though I'm sure I would love them. Maybe I can look into that before I do my December 08 trip book.

So far, most of my supplies have come from Hobby Lobby as my daughter found their scrapbooking supplies on sale one day and bought a several items - that's how I got started scrapping. I definately need to look at Michaels but not sure if there are other stores around that carry a lot of the supplies. I will also look online.

Thanks again for your help. I don't know if I will share my pages with you guys until I get a little better - all of your pages are fantastic and mine are VERY novice. Any advice or info is still very much welcome.
    June 1978 - Camping
    July 2004 - POR
    April 2005 - POR
    October 2006 - POR
    December 2008 - WL
    December 2010 - WL
    December 2015 - POR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nut4DW View Post
    Thanks again for your help. I don't know if I will share my pages with you guys until I get a little better - all of your pages are fantastic and mine are VERY novice. Any advice or info is still very much welcome.
    Don't be afraid to post your layouts. Each of us are at different levels and we are here to support each other. I look at Lea Ann's pages and I don't think I could ever do as well as her. Ellen is great at her digital scrapbooking, I tried once and couldn't get it...and it's not that I don't know computers, I have to touch the paper.

I look back at some of my first pages and I laugh to see what I did and how far I have come. I go to my LSS and I see some of the layouts displayed...they are great, but they aren't me. I can't use one page for one picture. Lately, I've been adding tons of pictures to a page, it's a space issue.

We're here to help!! If you have any questions, you have several people to support you.
    Carol

May 14 ???
    Oct. 13 ???
    Oct. 12 DVC-OKW.
    Feb 12 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Oct. 11 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Feb. 11 AKL-Jambo
    Feb. 10 POFQ
    Dec. 09 POFQ
    Dec. 08--POFQ
    Oct. 08--POFQ
    May 06--Grand Floridian

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the encouragement about posting - but I realized, I don't even know how to post pictures or their links here.

I've never tried the digital - not sure how I would do with that. Maybe I will give it a whirl someday. I really enjoyed working on my first book - but felt limited because I used an 8 x 8 and often couldn't get everything I wanted on a page. My next book will be 12 x 12 and I'm really ready to get started on it - but my daughter graduates from college on Friday so I have to get that past me first.

I have figured out from doing my first book that I need to take LOTS more pictures on my December trip. I am already sure that my hubby will hear the phrase "wait, I need to take a picture for the scrapbook" so many times he'll want to scream. Lucky for me he is a patient man.
    June 1978 - Camping
    July 2004 - POR
    April 2005 - POR
    October 2006 - POR
    December 2008 - WL
    December 2010 - WL
    December 2015 - POR

Post Thanks / Like

My DH and DD were teasing me the first trip because we'd take two steps and I'd be taking a picture. Now he's so use to seeing me with the camera he doesn't say anything. I think after the last trip and 700+ pictures, I missed a lot. When we go in October, I kinda plan what I want pictures of, so I don't miss stuff. The December trip, I want to take pictures of all my friends I'm going to meet...right, Ellen!!

Nut4DW, when are you going in December?
    Carol

May 14 ???
    Oct. 13 ???
    Oct. 12 DVC-OKW.
    Feb 12 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Oct. 11 DVC-AKL-Kidani
    Feb. 11 AKL-Jambo
    Feb. 10 POFQ
    Dec. 09 POFQ
    Dec. 08--POFQ
    Oct. 08--POFQ
    May 06--Grand Floridian

Post Thanks / Like

We will be there Dec 10 through the 18 - how about you guys?
    June 1978 - Camping
    July 2004 - POR
    April 2005 - POR
    October 2006 - POR
    December 2008 - WL
    December 2010 - WL
    December 2015 - POR

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: