Quantcast The start of my trip report - Page 8

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Post Thanks / Like

Pirate & Princess Party
    January 26th

At this point I am still on the bus heading back to WDW and over hear 2 girls talking on the bus about running a little late and trying to make it to make up for the party. I get off the bus at the first stop inside of WDW at DTD and switch buses to the Pop Century bus. I get back to my room and charge up my camera and head over to Everything Pop to grab something to eat since I am starving. I go with the chicken fingers and fries and then head back to my room to relax a little before the Pirate and Princess Party. It starts to rain a little which doesn't make for a great party night. I finally head out to the party around 10 to 6 and arrive at the MK around 7:10. I get in touch with Dotrocks and meet up with her near the Haunted Mansion and we take a ride on that and then head over to POTC for a quick ride. Lucy had a surprise for me a big bag of Gummi Candy After that we watch the Aladdin Royal Guard show near Adventureland. Wes topped at a few treasure spots along the way and were disappointed to find out they weren't giving out any chocolate just plastic gems and beads. I head over to the Briar patch store to pick up the Tinkerbell Jacket for my niece and then we go claim our spots for the parade. We watch the parade from near the CBJ and both think it was just OK nothing really too special. I did notice the girl on the bus I saw earlier in the looked and sounded alot like Jasmine in the parade. At this point Lucy decides she is tired and we say goodbye and head our sepreate ways. It was great meeting and I really loved my surprise. I walked through Fantasyland at this time and saw some of Sebastian's Dance Party and really wanted a cheese filled pretzel from Scuttle's Landing but it was closed I took a picture of the hidden Mickey and Sub inside of Pooh's Playful spot and continued on towards Mickey's Toontown Fair. The rain was really starting to pick up so I walked through Minnie's House and then headed for Tomorrowland. I figure d I could grab a snack at Cosmic Rays.But the lines were crazy and I wanted to get a good spot for the fireworks so I just watch the Dance for a few minutes and went to check out the little game area they had set up in Tomorrowland. I played a few of the games and won some plastic beads which I gave to soem kids who were playing the games to see who could get the most loot. I realized it was almost time for the firewoks so I headed to Main Street to get my spot. I had seen the fireworks from the beach at the Poly earlier in my trip an really enjoyed them. I picked a good spot right in the middle of the street and watch the show which is awesome. After the fireworks I was Going to watch the Dream Along with Mickey show but with the rain they cancelled the show for the 2nd time but had the characters come out a nd do a little meet n greet instead. I walked back to Tomorrowland to ride Space Mountain but it was closed so I headed over to ride Buzz. I got off Buzz was about to take a spin on the TTA and then saw the Fab 5 Characters dressed in their Pirate Costumes and took a few pictures of them before my ride on the TTA. After my ride on the TTA I started to head for Main Street and the buses since it was getting late and I wated to get the special event pins before leaving. At this point I was stgarving and prayed that the Food Court would still be open when I got back to Pop. I ran to my room dropped my stuff off and got to the food court to find only the Pizza place open they had stayed open a little later since there were alot of guest leaving the P&PP early because of the rain. I grabbed a pizza like object filled my mug and headed back to my room to pack up some of my stuff since it was time to head home the next day.

Up Next the Final Day
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't recall being overly tired, my dear Gummi lovin' JP (my left knee was killin' me though)! You weren't in the mood for Mickey's Philharmagic, so we decided to part ways...

Disney is life......the rest is just details!

Post Thanks / Like

Ooops I couldn't remember why we parted ways thought you were tired

I am sort of sick of Mickey's Philharmagic along with several other 3D movies that I have seen countless times so it makes sense
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Intercot Staff
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

100 New Pictures

Updated Pictures
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Intercot Staff
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

I'm trying to decide if I want to spend the money on the P&PP still not sure. I was also kind of disappointed to hear we dont get candy

I think I'll probably try it just so I can say I have done all the parties

Quote Originally Posted by JPL View Post
    100 New Pictures

Updated Pictures

Only 100 We want more!!
    Chris

Recent Trips

January 09
    May 08
    Oct-Nov 07

May 07

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chrisb26 View Post
    I think I'll probably try it just so I can say I have done all the parties
    The fireworks almost make the party worth the price and of course you can walk on most attractions that are open during the party think of it as a paid 5 hour EMH
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Intercot Staff
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

you've got some awesome pictures there!! I'm loving the report, I need more!!
    Last visit to Disneyland : Oct/07
    WDW: Sept/06!!

Dreaming of the next trip...

Post Thanks / Like

More will follow shortly my hand has been bothering me so I have been trying to limit my computer time lately.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Intercot Staff
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Aww. Hope it's better soon!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JPL View Post
    More will follow shortly my hand has been bothering me
    Did you get into a hockey fight?
    I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
    Did you get into a hockey fight?
    Well sort of I was getting my hockey stuff ready to get signed and picked up the heavy bag the wrong way. So in a sense I was fighting with hockey collectibles
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Intercot Staff
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

ok.. that's just sad.

To make you feel better I'm sending your hockey cards. First thing tomorrow morning. Really.
    I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way.

Post Thanks / Like

Aww, sorry JP. Hope you start feeling better.

- Cat, who's not sure it wasn't him knocking down those two kids and the old lady to get on the shamu ride? Did catch the ex-Cat comment, but going to ignore it -

Post Thanks / Like

ouch sorry to hear about your hand hopefully it will feel better soon we need that end of the report
    Chris

Recent Trips

January 09
    May 08
    Oct-Nov 07

May 07

Post Thanks / Like

January 27th
    The Adventure Ends

I got up extra early so i could check in for my flight and make it to AK for Opening.I packed up and said my goodbyes to Pop Century. I hopped on the bus and made it to Ak for the Opening show. I got a ride in on Everest and grabbed a FP. I then headed over to the safari and took a spin on that. I took a last walk down Pangani Forest trail and said goodbye to the Gorillas. Then took my final ride on Everest to say goodbye to the Yeti. After AK I headed over to Epcot for a little while and wandered around a bit then took the monorail over to the Mk for the final park of my trip. I got to the MK and rode CoP and then the TTA. I needed to say goodbye to 999 ghosts and then took a walk through the Treehouse. Then was getting ready to leave and it was time for the parade so I grabbed a snack and watched the parade. After the parade it was time to head back to Pop Century so I could catch Magical Express to the airport. I had about an hour to kill at Pop so I played some games in the arcade before it was time for the bus. I was at the airport and realized how exhausted I was from the trip and was a little bummed I had to to work the next day. Just as my adventure was ending I was in for a pleasant surprise as I boarded the plane. I was waiting to get on the plane and there was a man standing about 2 people in from me and I said wow he could be Martin Broduer's (Goalie from the NJ Devils) brother. He turned sideways I said that could be his twin. Then I heard him talk and it was him. I had hime sign my Magical Express folder and wished him well and went to my seat. Overall a great trip with a nice surprise ending

Final Picture Update
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Intercot Staff
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Great report Jp! You have finally finished!

Going home is always the worst part especially when often times you seem more tired after your vacation then before

I like your pictures especially the one with the castle reflecting the water pretty neat.
    Chris

Recent Trips

January 09
    May 08
    Oct-Nov 07

May 07

Post Thanks / Like

Since we are waiting for Fan and Queen to finish I would like to add some final thoughts to hold you over

The Good:
    It was great seeing everyone I met up with it made the trip extra special. I got to see Sandy (Disneydreamin), Lisa(Ladyvader), Lisa(Tinks), and Lucy (Dotrocks). Hope we can meet up again on other trips it's always great hanging out with friends at the parks

The Bad
    I was sent on a wild goose looking for a jacket for my niece and I feel actually lied to by CMs who just told me they had some place else to make me go away. It was quite frustrating to say the least. I mean how do you call the WoD and give them the item number and then say of yes they have it yet when I arrive the manager says they never carried that jacket

The parks were crowded especially with tour groups.

The Ugly

CMs allowing people to eat outside food in Cosmic Rays (sandwiches from home) without so much as purchasing a drink while paying customers who actually purchased food from the restaurant had no place to sit.

The CM at Space Mountain who refused my FP from BTMRR when the CMs at BTMRR sent us over there saying they were ok to use on SM since Thunder was closed.

The CM who yelled at me on SSE because the car was broken yet there was no indication it was broken.

Until June my trip report and pictures are done unless someone wants to fund another trip for me
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Intercot Staff
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

All and all it sounded like a wonderful trip. All the goodbyes made me sad though. And I'm so jealous you got to meet so many vmk friends! At least June isn't too too far away!!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: