Quantcast So, what do YOU do? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I home school my children, one son in high school, one son in middle school, and one in kindergarten. It is challenging, but a huge blessing.
    2001 ASMo, 2003 Royal Pacific and Poly, 2004 Beach Club, 2005 Cabins at FW, 2007 Poly, 2008 Poly and Hard Rock, 2009 Portofino and Poly, 2014 Royal Pacific and Kidani

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I do market research for Dunkin' Donuts, which is ironic since I never drink coffee.

But I'm not one of those people with a clipboard you see outside of stores - I slice and dice the data that comes back to look for trends and make recommendations to stores and local teams on how best to improve business.

The best part of the job involves me traveling once every few months to different regions of the country to talk to the local marketing teams about trends in consumer data. I'm trying to swing a trip to Orlando/Tampa in the near future, with of course a teeny little stop by WDW for a few days. *innocent look*
    Next trip DLR in February 2014

Post Thanks / Like

I am a sophomore at Syracuse University in Syracuse, N.Y., double majoring in journalism and English, but my primary job is my work at The Daily Orange, the independent daily newspaper serving the campus and surrounding area.

I relinquished my position on the editorial staff this year to become simply a staff writer again, but I'm covering SU women's basketball and spring football right now. In fact, I am away from school today because I'm covering the Syracuse-Seton Hall game in South Orange, N.J. I write four-to-seven stories each week. We publish Monday through Friday.

And I sometimes find time to actually do homework, too.
    The poster formerly known as Disney_nut

Last Trip: 5/11 -- Swan

Next Trip: 10/11 -- Port Orleans - Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

I am an x-ray tech at an occupational health center.
    Deb

Martinsville, IN 15 hrs. 22 min, 970 mi. from WDW
    Post Thanks / Like

I am a data entry aide for my children's school system. I work in the special education dept. I enter information from IEP's into the CODA system. I love my work - I started with the school system as a cafateria worker, then went to an instructional aide and now my current job. I've been with the school system for 11 years now and I love working the same hours/days my children do. We get to spend our summers together! The pay is not the greatest (that's why I keep trying to move up).
    December 2012 - Pop - All Girl I Wanna Go What's One More Trip
    October 2009 - POR - Grand Gathering
    Dec. 2008 - Port Orleans Riverside
    August 2006 - Pop Century
    October 2005 - Pop Century

Nov. - Dec. 2004 - Port Orleans Riverside
    March 2002 - Ft. Wilderness Campground - Family Reunion Trip

Post Thanks / Like

I am a customer service rep for a company in the plastics/disposables market. I am also a full-time student trying to earn my bachelor's in Education.
    I think that my job situation is about to experience a change so that I can continue on with my school and finish quicker. This may put a damper on our Disney vacation plans for a bit, but it will be worth it in the end when I have my degree and we can take bigger and better WDW vacations!
    Liz
    March 2006-POP!
    September 2007-POP!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a fiction author. I get to stay home, work in my pajamas, and check INTERCOT all day-- woo-hoo! Until those deadlines creep up on me, then it's all work, no play, mountains of laundry building up, and take-out food for weeks.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

I am a stay at home mom. My DD, Sophie is 2 and we have a DS on the way and he is due to arrive around May 20th. Before we had children I was a restaurant manager. It was a very stressful environment at this particualr restaurant and I actually quit that job to take some time off. While I was looking for a less stressful management opportunity, I found out we were pregnant with DD, and never went back to work!

DH is a chef and he works mostly nights. So he starts work at 2 in the afternoon and doesn't get home until late. He would like a career change before our kids get in school so he can spend more time with them and enjoy their activities/sports when they get older.
    Amber
    3/08 - Coronado Springs
    12/08 - Coronado Springs
    5/09 - Beach Club
    9/09 - Caribbean Beach and Yacht Club
    2/10 - Yacht Club
    5/10 - Animal Kingdom Lodge and Polynesian

Post Thanks / Like

I am a Customer Service Rep at a local bank. Or in normal people terms... a teller. It's a small branch with only two people so we basically run it everyday.

Hopefully soon i'll be able to start school online and work towards my computer programming or graphic design degree.
    -Stacey

"There is a natural hootchy-kootchy motion to a goldfish.”

"To all who come to this happy place, welcome." -Walter Elias Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

My mix of self-employment work has been shifting for several years. In 2008 I expect it will be about 40% engineering software development & bug fixing (for a PA company & products I've been part of since 1981), about 40% training engineers to use said software here in Orlando and wherever they send me, and about 20% photography of Orlando visitors and commercial properties. As I've said many times, the more photography I get to do, the less engineering I have to do. But I don't know if I'd really want it to be 100% anything- I'm too easily bored.

Life is not without its difficulties, but we have much to be thankful for.
    Dec 1977 - my 1st MK visit
    1978-1994 - annual 1-day visits from TN OH and PA
    1995 - moved to Orlando
    1995-today - many many short visits with SP's and AP's
    2003-today - taking photos all over WDW

Post Thanks / Like

i'm an er rn. i work nights 3 twelves a week, so i actually get to stay at home with my kids 3 days a week (i work every other weekend) . the other 2 days my 2 yr old spends the day with grandpa. my other 2 kids are in school. i;m very lucky to have the best of both worlds!
    RACHEL
    next visit sept 2008
    sept 2007
    feb 2007
    may 2006
    january 2005;
    january 2004
    march 2003
    june 2001
    all visits at all star movies

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by poeticeclipse View Post
    I am a Customer Service Rep at a local bank. Or in normal people terms... a teller. It's a small branch with only two people so we basically run it everyday.

Hopefully soon i'll be able to start school online and work towards my computer programming or graphic design degree.
    Stacey, I used to do that before I quit to write full-time. That was about eighteen years ago, and I still have nightmares about balancing out at the end of the day! Best wishes.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

I teach Spanish to 8-12 graders at a small private school. I love my job, and really enjoy going to work every day. Although, I don't mind the occasional snow day (like today)!

However, our first child is due October 3, so it's still up in the air as to whether or not I'll continue teaching. I make about half as much as the public school teachers in my county, and daycare would eat about half of my pay. So there's a good possibility that I'll become a stay-at-home mom in the future.
    Susan °o°

You cheated.
    Pirate.

8/98 CBR; 10/00 ASM; 11/01 POR; 7/07 POR; 10/09 ASM; 10/10 Pop; 6/12 ASM; 12/13 ASM; 6/14 FWC; 7/15 FWC; 12/16 2 weeks at FWC!

Post Thanks / Like

I work at the Maryland Science Center, in Baltimore's Inner Harbor. I get to write programs for kids that spend the night here, and during the week I get to spend the night here too! (But no, the dinosaurs do not come alive!) I love my job and get see tons of free imaxes!
    Disneyland 2007
    September 2008, Wilderness Lodge, Honeymoon/Anniversary Trip

Post Thanks / Like

I was a sever for years and then a retail manager until I had a kidney transplant. Now I'm just trying to decide what career to pursue. In the meantime I occasionally do benefit concerts. Most of them are for the National Kidney Foundation (next one being Feb 23). This summer I did one that purchased tickets to the Nashville Predators that were donated to Big Brothers Big Sisters.
    Go Nashville Predators!
    9/09 ASMo
    10/08 ASMu
    9/07 Caribbean Beach
    1/07 Marriott - family trip

9/06 Coronado Springs

09/03 Coronado Springs - Honeymoon
    10/99 Coronado Springs

06/96 Old Key West
    07/93 Beach Club
    12/91 Offsite - High School Trip

Post Thanks / Like

This is really facinating to see what everyone does for a living. Sheri, how exciting to be a writer!!

I'm a Medical Assistant and also the Office Manager for an internal medicine doctor in private practice. I have been in the medical field for over 15 years and have worked in teaching hospitals, General Surgery, high risk OB, Ortho etc. This is my first time working for primary care and it took me a little while to get used to it, but now I love it. My doctor treats me wonderfully and I love being part of my patient's lives.

Everyone (including the patients) know about my passion for Disney and they're always excited to hear about my upcoming trip or the one I just got back from!
    Sarah

Next Trips:
    09/08 - CBR
    12/08 - BC

The Kids: Nala, Scooter, Pinto, Minnie, Daisy, Dory, and George

Post Thanks / Like

Monday to Friday I am mommy to my DS6 and DD1. Saturday and Sunday I am a charge nurse on a cardiothoracic/vascular step-down unit. Both jobs keep my VERY busy. I am hoping to start back to school for my ARNP in the next year or so.
    michelle

Post Thanks / Like

I work at a non-profit organization for people who have Autism.
    ~Ashley~
    ~șOș 83-93 -Poly
    96-ASMu
    2x 2006- POR
    2x 2007- CBR/POR
    2008- AKL
    2009- CR
    Apr 2010- Poly
    Oct 2010- AKL & Poly
    Next trip Mar 2011 GF șOș~

Here you leave today - and visit the worlds of yesterday, tomorrow and fantasy

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BelleCiavo View Post
    I home school my children, one son in high school, one son in middle school, and one in kindergarten. It is challenging, but a huge blessing.
    I REALLY want to homeschool our DS and waiting to be born son as well!! My DH is back and forth with it....So I've really been praying about it...I think in the beginning he's all for it but would like them to go to Jr. High/High School at a Christian school possibly!! Anyway, glad to see a homeschooling family!!

I'm a homemaker as well! I love it...I rarely leave my son and take him on about every errand I run. I truly enjoy being with him [even when he is feisty!! lol] My DH is an Exceptional Student Educator for our County's school district!

It's been so interesting reading what every one does!
    Terra - Wife, mother, special needs teacher. Disney addict! °o°

Advocate for my 2 sons. David: Auto-immune disorder. Praying for remission!ASD/SPD & Aaron: ADHD/Anxiety/ASD. Life makes us stronger!

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I used to work at a library as a Reference desk assistant and I also used to sell shoes at Sears, but in January I moved to Ft. Polk, Louisiana to join my husband who was already stationed here and I've been looking for a job since then.

So...right now I'm just an Army wife.
    *Melissa*

CBR-Aruba-June 1995
    Pop Century-July 2004

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: