Quantcast Which buffet to choose?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Which buffet to choose?

We are planning a trip again! We were just there in November 07. I miss it already!! We are thinking either Crystal Palace or Liberate your Appetite for a buffet. Any suggestions? The boys aren't little anymore so we don't need to worry about the mac and cheese deal or chix fingers anymore. Thank god!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I like the crystal palace,but if you want something new go to Boma it has just become my favorite buffet.
    BE YOURSELF ALWAYS!

Post Thanks / Like

The opinions on here run the gammet so to speak!! We liked the buffet at 1900 Park Fare this last trip.They have some different choices especially on the pasta selections.

We have also done Chef Mickey's and CP and liked both of those. Boma is definately different !!! My kids are too picky but I can dream.....

Post Thanks / Like

You either love Crystal Palace or you hate it and unfortunately we can't stand it! We went 9/07 with our 3 year old for the second year in a row and we ended up sitting there after we were done eating FOREVER waiting for a character to come to the table. It is always so crowded and busy. We have decided to do all of our sit down dining outside of the park. The food, service and character interaction is so much better. The food is OK but I love 1900 Park Fare and Chef Mickey's so much better.
    1977 Ft.Wilderness
    1980 Ft.Wilderness
    1987 Off Site
    1992 Off Site
    1997 Disney Institute-Honeymoon
    September 2006 PORS
    Sept 2007 Wilderness Lodge!!!!
    August 2009 POP Century

Post Thanks / Like

Boma at AKL is great at anytime, but especially for breakfast!
    June, 1990 - MK, Epcot -Off Site Hotel - Sang on stage & Marched in parade at MK
    Feb. '05 - DL, DCA - Off Site Hotel
    Feb. '07 - All Parks, DT - AKL
    May '08 - All Parks, DT - AKL & POP - 4 day Disney Cruise
    Jan. '13 DL, DCA, DT -Off Site Hotel
    Nov. '13 All Parks, DT - POP & Swan

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks so much! We didn't even think about 1900 Park Fare. I just looked at the menu here on intercot it looks incredible! My husband is worried about a dress code. I tell him he's worried about nothing. Am I right?

Post Thanks / Like

I think there are so many great ones. The ones we like are Chef Mickey's. We have done the breakfast and the dinner meals, and both are very good. Another one we like is Crystal Palace. This year we are trying Boma and we are really excited. This going to be new experience for us so hopefully it is going to be good. One that has regular food like ribs, fried chicken, and other regular foods it Trails End at Ft. Wilderness. This one appeals to everyone as for it will satisfy even the pickiest eater.

Post Thanks / Like

We have been to 1900 Park Fare for breakfast and the dress was casual. So far we like this one the best.
    Enjoy!
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!

Post Thanks / Like

We're big fans of the CP's breakfast. And if your reservations are early enough, you can be finished eating in time for the rope drop!

Post Thanks / Like

We've tried Chef Mickey's for breakfast one time, and it wasn't anything special that we'd have to do again. But Crystal Palace is excellent. A wide variety of (good) food, a great atmosphere, and the characters all make their rounds pretty frequently. We'd never had it where they didn't come to our table. We've also tried the Trail's End Buffeteria over at Ft. Wilderness and were very disappointed with it. I've heard and read good things about Boma, though. I think we may try that out for breakfast at least once on our upcoming trip.

Post Thanks / Like

If characters aren't necessary, then we LOVE breakfast at BOMA's and gives you a great chance to see part of the AKL. Othwerise if you go with Crystal Palace I would choose the breakfast buffet over the lunch or dinner! We used to love the dinner buffet at CP, but the last few times have been a little disappointed in the food for the price - the breakfast has been consistently good however and you still get to see Pooh and friends.
    Christmas trip again!! Dec 5-12, 2011 - first time for 3yr old to go along!

Post Thanks / Like

Boma is arguably my favorite restaurant in Disney and definitely my absolute favorite buffet for breakfast and dinner. Unless you need a character meal, I strongly recommend making the trip to Animal Kingdom Lodge.

The poster formerly known as Disney_nut

Last Trip: 5/11 -- Swan

Next Trip: 10/11 -- Port Orleans - Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

Have to go with my personal fave Cape May Cafe! Great selection, beach-y atmosphere....stuff myself every time! Tried Boma finally on our last trip. Some unusual choices for those that are the "meat and potatoes" type eater, but there were some tasty options. The meat choices were especially gooood!

March '99 - POFQ
    February '04 - WL
    February '05 - POLY
    November '05 - CB
    October '06 - POLY
    November '07 - POLY / BC
    November ' 08 - BC
    March '10 - WL
    November '10 - POR-Riverside
    November '11 - CSR

Dear departed brother Dave, he chased a bear into a cave

Share This Thread On Social Media: