Quantcast Whose waitlist hasn't come through? - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maleficent's Dad View Post
    Okay, I can add some good news to this thread!

Yesterday we got confirmation that our waitlist for the BWV (studio, standard view) came through for August.

We had booked a studio for four nights (OKW) and 1BR for 6 nights (BWV). We still are moving from one to the other (to extend our points!), but we are now at the BW the entire time!

So it gives me renewed hope that the waitlist does work. (At least sometimes! )

Oh, and if I had just booked at the 11 month window, none of this would have happened in the first place!!! But we rarely book that far in advance any longer!
    Frank - the good news is that ALL of the resorts are nice, so there is no "bad" place to end up??
    What do you do for a livinge where you are either in NY or Malibu?? Just curious.
    Many, many visits since 1973....

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lockedoutlogic View Post
    Guess the waitlist isn't coming through for us.....sadly

I hate Saratoga
    I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for you. You did say your MIL has had her waitlist come through sometimes within 2 or 3 weeks of check-in, so you still have a chance!

But if not, the nice thing about Saratoga is that opportunity to go souvenir shopping every night at Downtown Disney!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sharon1026 View Post
    Frank - the good news is that ALL of the resorts are nice, so there is no "bad" place to end up??
    What do you do for a livinge where you are either in NY or Malibu?? Just curious.
    Sharon,
    Yes, I agree, all the resorts ARE nice, and there is no "bad" place to end up. However, my family, like many others, has their preference for resorts. If it was up to my wife, we'd always try for the BCV. DS wants BWV. DD and I just want WDW!

Since we are an EPCOT family, we really try for EPCOT resorts. BWV are our home resort - with some home points at SSR as well. Since DVC has exploded in numbers (in terms of membership), you really have to be on the ball and reserve your vacation prior to the 7 month window. Since this isn't always possible for us to do, the waitlist has become less and less reliable.
    Frank

DVC Owner
    BWV, BCV, SSR

lockedoutlogic Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
    I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for you. You did say your MIL has had her waitlist come through sometimes within 2 or 3 weeks of check-in, so you still have a chance!

But if not, the nice thing about Saratoga is that opportunity to go souvenir shopping every night at Downtown Disney!

thanks for the thoughts.....

Saratoga is fine....but i wouldn't take it for one second over beach, boardwalk, wilderness, or animal kingdom....

one of the problems with being an ex employee.....especially one that worked in resorts and handled alot of operational issues....is that you get to know pretty much all there is to know about all the little ins and outs.....

saratoga isn't a bad location....but they made way too many units to sell volume and the result is the feel of a moderate or a value....not really a deluxe

and....living in the overcrowded northeast but not being originally from here....i want to get away from the people i live around....frankly....

the crowds and the volume sometime make me feel like i'm at the office....and the last time we were there i had to wrap a towel around my ears to drown out the new york/new jersey accents at the pool....

i'm sure it will be fine....whatever happens

Post Thanks / Like

Our waitlists have always come through since we've been DVC members in the early 1990s.... until now ???

Help, we're going next week and we're booked for SSR on the waitlist for BWV. I loooove the Boardwalk. Never stayed at the Saratoga Springs Resort though. What are the chances we'll get through to BWV???

WDWFan2005

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the thoughts.....

Saratoga is fine....but i wouldn't take it for one second over beach, boardwalk, wilderness, or animal kingdom....

one of the problems with being an ex employee.....especially one that worked in resorts and handled alot of operational issues....is that you get to know pretty much all there is to know about all the little ins and outs.....

saratoga isn't a bad location....but they made way too many units to sell volume and the result is the feel of a moderate or a value....not really a deluxe

and....living in the overcrowded northeast but not being originally from here....i want to get away from the people i live around....frankly....

the crowds and the volume sometime make me feel like i'm at the office....and the last time we were there i had to wrap a towel around my ears to drown out the new york/new jersey accents at the pool....

i'm sure it will be fine....whatever happens
    I really don't think so, in fact because of it's size but being spread out it feels rather remote, calm, and quiet, definately a deluxe feel. I have been to value no way at all to compare it to that imo.
    DVC Member SSR
    SSR Apr 08
    AS Movies Apr 07

lockedoutlogic Guest

Quote Originally Posted by KevGuy View Post
    I really don't think so, in fact because of it's size but being spread out it feels rather remote, calm, and quiet, definately a deluxe feel. I have been to value no way at all to compare it to that imo.

the large layout....comparative lack of food options....and large crowds at the pool and mealtimes....

IS the feel of a value and a moderate.....at least in my opinion

that is not an insult.....i love things about all the disney resorts and have stayed in them all (with 2 deluxe exceptions) with satisfaction several times...so it's not a slight....

but there is a feel that comes with less people....and the deluxes hold far less....even the larger ones....such as the yacht/beach complex...just simply have less beds...and less crowds

I believe Saratoga has something like 900 or so units...that's just too many at one location...in my opinion....

and for the record....saratoga is my "home"...though it would not have been had they bothered to state that AKV was going to be for sale a mere 3 months later....

lockedoutlogic Guest

Just an update...my wife and Mother in law called this morning...at the seven month window...to try to set up a family trip in October

Surprise, surprise....only old key west and saratoga were available in the categories we wanted.....

so we waitlisted again for all the others...calling at 9:05 on the day that the seventh month window opened up....

an alarming trend....and one that is likely to get worse as they sell non-florida DVCs.......

i can see my self selling at saratoga and a going resale or not at all if i can never get into anything but the "fallback" locations.

lockedoutlogic Guest

No Saratoga!!!

Ok...a little dramatic...but we did get switched over to AKV only 12 days out for 3/31/08.....a nice surprise on a gloomy, nasty day in NJ....

Post Thanks / Like

No Saratoga!!!

Ok...a little dramatic...but we did get switched over to AKV only 12 days out for 3/31/08.....a nice surprise on a gloomy, nasty day in NJ....
    Congrats!

Nice to see that even these days, with DVC bursting at the seams, the waitlist is still working!
    Frank

DVC Owner
    BWV, BCV, SSR

Post Thanks / Like

I had a feeling something would come through for you! Congrats!

Post Thanks / Like

We now have a reservation at SSR in a 2 bedroom but at the 7 month window (April 1) I am going to try for AKV, BWV or BCV. I know we will be waitlisted but I am wondering if when giving your preferences do they try and give you your first choice or which ever of the 3 become available? We are traveling 10/25-11/1 which as you know is during the F&W Festival. Does this mean it will be difficult to get BWV or BCV? I can't imagine having to wait until 2 weeks before hand to find out where we are staying, the wait will be agonizing! We are really hoping to get AKV this trip

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: