Quantcast Best time to go? Late April-Mid May

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Best time to go? Late April-Mid May

DH and I are planning our 1st anniversary trip!! Our actual anniversary is the 25th of May but we know that it will be much more crowded around then so we're gonna try and go a little bit eariler.

My question is, in terms of cost and crowds (the two c's) what time if best for a 6/7 day trip. Late April through Mid May???? Which week would be best in that time frame??
    -Stacey

"There is a natural hootchy-kootchy motion to a goldfish.”

"To all who come to this happy place, welcome." -Walter Elias Disney

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    pogo Guest

Stacey.... cost wise I think it's about the same, but you are about to get some advice from somebody that loves the end of April.

The weather has always been perfect every time we've been there. No rain, ever !

Our anniversary is April 20th and we try to be there a couple days before that.

Good luck and happy planning !

Post Thanks / Like

You really can't go wrong any time in May...we're going May 11-21, but I think crowds will be fine from April 28th through May 23rd. Star Wars Weekends would drive up the crowds when it was in May, but it's in June this year, so I'm anticipating that crowds will be even better.

Let me know when you're going...we're going to try & have a mini-Intercot-meet!

~Michelle~
    1980, 1983-1986, 1988, 1992, 1993
    1995 -Disneyland
    July 2001 -POFQ
    May 2006, May 2008, May 2010 -Wilderness Lodge
    Dec. 2011-Port Orleans Riverside
    Sept. 2012 - Port Orleans Riverside Royal Room
    May 11-25, 2013 - Polynesian Resort
    Next trip: Dec. 14-20, 2014 - Wilderness Lodge

Post Thanks / Like

We've been the past two years the end of April and have found crowds to be very manageable. I agree with the previous poster who said from the 28th of April through mid-May should be good in terms of crowds and weather.
    Upcoming Trips:

March '11 Beach Club Villas
    July '11 Disney Institute Seminar-Beach Club
    Aug '11 Wonder to Alaska
    Nov '11 BLT

DVC Member Since 11/06

Post Thanks / Like

We had a beautiful week in WDW last May, 2nd week. Crowds are moderate. Temps are warm but not too warm. We had one brief rainstorm the whole week. You do have the love bugs in May which were a nuisance but not horrible.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm going the 3rd week of April for the first time. I'm looking forward to seeing the Flower & Garden Festival and going to my first Pirate & Princess Party. I hope like pogo says, no rain.
    Mary

Been there, done that, definitely going back!

Post Thanks / Like

I'll take the rain over the bugs.

I've been to WDW in mid May and late May/early June before. The time I went in mid May I never noticed the love bugs and last year which was late May/early June they were all over. I would rather have buckets of rain than those stupid bugs. haha.

I just was curious what late April was like in comparison to early and mid May.
    -Stacey

"There is a natural hootchy-kootchy motion to a goldfish.”

"To all who come to this happy place, welcome." -Walter Elias Disney

Post Thanks / Like

We prefer the 1st week of May. Our anniversary is 4/30 but the last week of April is our kids school vacation week. We've found it to be quite busy that week & see a bit of a slow down the 1st week of May. Last week of April, MK also does grad nights the last 2 weekends so park hours are shortened. Weather however, is absolutely perfect for whenever you end up going in that time frame. Have a great trip.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by poeticeclipse View Post
    DH and I are planning our 1st anniversary trip!! Our actual anniversary is the 25th of May but we know that it will be much more crowded around then so we're gonna try and go a little bit eariler.

My question is, in terms of cost and crowds (the two c's) what time if best for a 6/7 day trip. Late April through Mid May???? Which week would be best in that time frame??
    ALL of April and early May is a GREAT time to visit! We've visited for the past 2 years for Mother's Day week. It's not crowed or hot-just right! Now WDW is offering it's annual free ticket upgrade special so it would be great to take advantage of ALL the great activities that WDW offers!

Special Spring Package with FREE Ticket Upgrades
    You can now purchase a Magic Your Way vacation package and receive FREE ticket upgrades! This offer is valid for stays 3/30/08-5/21/08.

Buy a package that includes hotel room and Base Tickets, and Disney will add the Park Hopper and Water Park Fun and More options at no additional cost. There are no additional discounts associated with this package offer. If you choose to add the Dining Plan, you will pay regular price for it.

Have FUN!!!
    "I'm No fool, no siree! I'm gonna live to be 103! I play safe for you & me 'cause I'm no fool!"

Offsite 2004 (Travelodge Suites)
    Offsite 2005 (TS Eategate Orange)
    POP 2007 (May)
    POP 2007 (July-Aug)
    POP 2008 (May)
    Offsite Aug 2009
    CBR 2010 (May)
    Offsite Aug 2010

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: