Quantcast resorts you won't stay at - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I would not stay at All Star Sports. The theming totally does not appeal to me - at all
    Rebecca
    mom of Jenna (Cindewella) & Lucy (Sleepingbooty)

Next visit: September 2010, Caribbean Beach Resort

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I have to say, there is no way I would consider staying in a tent at Fort Wilderness...

Not for me...

My idea of camping is staying at a value.
    Disneyland: many, MANY times!
    WDW:POR POFQ BWV WLV ASMu POLY

Am I a huge disney fan? YOU BETCHA! I blame it all on my parents! They are the one's that walked around Disneyland all day to induce labor! Yep, I've been going to Disneyland since the day before I was born!

Post Thanks / Like

since our dd no longer comes with us , we stay at the All Star Resorts. when dd was with us and we stayed at Dixie (POFQ) because we did more at the resort, but now we are up early and out by 7:30am and we don't return until late, we like to close out the parks, so why should we spend money that we don't need to be spending? i can't see paying in excess of $350 a night to stay at a Deluxe resort, just to shower and sleep? we have had absouletly no issues what so ever staying at the All Stars, and we get the same WDW extra's.

Victor
    95-97,99(dixie landings)
    06/06(asmo- mighty ducks)
    06/07(asmu - jazz inn)
    12/07(asmu - broadway)
    06/08(asmu - calypso)
    12/08(asmu - rock inn)
    09/09(asmu - broadway)
    03/10(boardwalk)free upgrade
    09/10-(asmu- rock inn)
    10/11-(asmu-country+7 day west carib cruise)
    3/12- (okw resort dvc)

Post Thanks / Like

I've stayed at the deluxe, moderate, and value resorts.

I don't ever see myself staying at the Grand Floridian again. I stayed there with my mom and a few of my siblings. Beautiful resort, but we felt uncomfortably out of place. I might give it another try in a couple of years, with my husband, but it's doubtful.

Contemporary: we stayed there once and didn't care for it. It was "meh". I have thought about giving it another try, though.

I will never stay at Caribbean Beach again. Me, my mom, one of my brothers, and my nephew have stayed there twice. To me, it's such a huge sprawling resort and it takes too much time to navigate.

My favorite deluxe resort is the Poly, fave moderate is POFQ, and fave value is the Pop.

If I could, I'd stay at the Poly whenever I go to WDW, but I like to go to WDW often (sometimes up to 3 times a year) that it just isn't in our fiances to do so.
    Michael Bluth: I need access to these files that are apparently for British eyes only.
    Rita: Well, lucky for you, my whole face is British.

Post Thanks / Like

My idea of camping is staying at a value.

I stayed at a ASMo last year just before Christmas on a last minute trip. It was OK, but I hated being so far from the parks and I missed there being a full service restaurant.

Poly isn't my favorite, I've stayed there, but the theme doesn't do it for me.

My favorite is the Contemporary in a Tower room.

Post Thanks / Like

Wink

My first answer would be: Never outside WDW!

On Disney property, well... I think that it, in the end, it all boils down to personal taste.

And I wouldn't choose either Poly or the Old Key West resort.

Why?
    Well,after visiting the Poly resort and spending some time there, the theme never managed to convince me.

And the OKW because you have all of southern Florida less than a couple of hours away. If you want to get a taste of that, just hop in your car and drive there.

IMHO WL, and BW/YC are your best bets for a great resort experiences. Because they are complete opposites, and neither can be found in or even near central Florida.

I mean, why pour your money out on something that you could find next door...?
    Jºoºnas_Swe
    Disneyland Resort Paris:
    Disneyland Hotel - Castle Club Concierge: -92, -98, -01, -03.
    Walt Disney World - First Time - 2005
    ASM - 2 nights, WL - 13 nights & BWI - 8 nights.

Post Thanks / Like

Caribbean Beach!

Main reasons why:
    • extremely long bus waits - sometimes an hour and never less than 25 mins.
    • bad housekeeping - dirty towels that were placed on the floor were rehung - YUCK!
    • extremely rude staff - one example - we were made fun of to and to other guest when we asked about the dinning plan.
    Go Nashville Predators!
    9/09 ASMo
    10/08 ASMu
    9/07 Caribbean Beach
    1/07 Marriott - family trip

9/06 Coronado Springs

09/03 Coronado Springs - Honeymoon
    10/99 Coronado Springs

06/96 Old Key West
    07/93 Beach Club
    12/91 Offsite - High School Trip

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Carribean Beach Resort. Wouldn't stay there again.
    POP-Never again.
    All Star Sports okay-Going back again.
    POFQ-YAY!!! My fav.
    Keep smiling and Have a magical day!!!
    It's all good.

We love to serve fun, food, and deliciousness.

AKA: Jean and Marty

Post Thanks / Like

I would probably try to avoid the All Stars if I could, but they're better than not going! And I probably wouldn't stay at Coronado Springs either.
    "Oh that clock, even HE orders me around!"
    -Cinderella
    ~~~~~~
    Next trip: DLR February 2015
    Last trip: January 2014.
    7 trips to the World.
    1 trip to Disneyland Paris.
    25 trips to Disneyland.

Post Thanks / Like

We live in Orlando, and visit the parks at least 20 times a year going on day trips. So when we stay onsite we like to spend a fair amount of time at the resort. In our case we would rather stay in a mod. or a deluxe. But I wouldn't say there is one I wouldn't stay at. Although I would think twice about staying at CBR I have never stayed there but I have read alot of not so good stuff about it.
    ºoº Annual Passholders Since 2005 ºoº
    Last Trip: Sept 07 POR
    WL 08 canceled because I am pregnant!
    Next trip...WL or POLY??

Home of the World Champion White Sox and World Champion Chicago Blackhawks X's 2!!!!
    Post Thanks / Like

I've stayed at a bunch through the years, my least fav was the camper in Ft Wilderness
    never again, I'm not a camping type of girl I'm a city girl through and through. I'm not interested at all in staying at the Values, I like all the extra's when I'm on a vacation, plus I like to be as close as I can to MK with my kids being small. I do really like several of the Mods though, dh and I love CS when we stayed there before we were married. When we start taking our kids w/out the big family trips we'll have to see what works best for us. Right now we prefer the deluxe resorts. The only ones I haven't stayed at are the GF, and AK(I'm not really big on it right now, but if my kids wanted to stay there I would) My next choice for next year is GF or CR--which has always been my favorite since a little girl.
    '79 Ft Wilderness Campgrounds/CR
    '81 off property
    '86 CR
    '87 CR
    '89 Disney Inn
    '96 DL
    '97 WL
    '98 CS
    '07 WLV
    '08 Poly Princess Suite
    '09 Poly Princess Suite
    '10 May CR Hospitally Suite kiddos surprise trip!
    '11 May YC Club Level
    '14 Oct CS Executive Level

Post Thanks / Like

I do not think that I would stay at any of the All-Stars I think Pop just seems more like a resort. I also would not stay at Saratoga Springs something about it I cannot pinpoint but not for me or the Wilderness Lodge. I know alot of people love that resort but I grew up in Colorado and when I go to Disney I want Disney not something I can get somewhere else.
    '89 Grand Floridian
    '89 Carribean Beach
    '93 Offsite :(
    '94 Day Trip
    '99 Wilderness Cabins
    2006 Animal Kingdom Lodge
    September 2008 Coronado Springs!!

We are looking to try them all!

Post Thanks / Like

I dont know why everyone is saying dont go to the value resorts. they are amazing. Ive stayed at all star music and Pop Century. I personally liked Pop Century better. There is 3 pools and has great theming. I would deff. go with a value resort
    2001: All Star Music
    2006: Pop Century
    2008: Pop Century (23 days)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jakeybake View Post
    I personall would stay any place but my wife is a reluctant traveler at best so her comfort level at the resort we stay at is the key to a great vacation. Because of that we now only book at the Beach Club because she absolutely loves it there.

So I don't see myself staying any place other than the Beach Club, but if I had to I would stay anywhere.

Jay
    Your wife could be my husband. Our last trip we stayed at YC and next trip will be BC. We do tend to go back to the room in the middle of the day for a little rest. I would rather stay in a value and go more often but dh would rather go less often and stay in Deluxe. I would stay at an property as long as it was on grounds. I have to say that I am partial to the Epcot resorts because it is really nice to be able to walk back to your room.
    LORI

Post Thanks / Like

i won't stay at POP, i've never stayed at any of the other value resorts but i probably won't stay at any of those either as long as i don't have kids. even though we don't spend any time in our hotel, after a long day at the parks when my feet are killing me and i'm exhausted, i want to come back to a peaceful hotel and i don't think the value resorts are very peaceful. when we have kids we would definatly consider the values more, but not right now.
    Disney World
    May 1995 - Off Site
    January 1998 - Off Site
    January 2001 - Off Site
    July 2001 - Off Site
    August - September 2005 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    September 2006 - Pop Century
    December 2008 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
    New Year's 2010 - POP
    May 2010 - Caribbean Beach

Post Thanks / Like

For too many reasons to list - we won't stay at POP again.

Me & DH
    AKL, CBR, WL & ASMu '08, POP '07 & '05, POR '01, AllStar Music, Sports & Movies & Ft. Wilderness - our fun homes away from home!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deanna-montana View Post
    I dont know why everyone is saying dont go to the value resorts. they are amazing. Ive stayed at all star music and Pop Century. I personally liked Pop Century better. There is 3 pools and has great theming. I would deff. go with a value resort
    Well....

For one thing, the beds are full size. My wife and me are use to a king size bed. Staying at a value means we each sleep with one of the kids instead of each other.

Next, my family LoVeS waterslides.

Also, we spend quite a bit of time at our resorts. We like sitting on the balcony enjoying a cup of coffee in the morning, or a glass of wine in the evening when the kids are asleep.

It's not that they are horrible, but..... the nicer hotels have more amenities.
    Disneyland: many, MANY times!
    WDW:POR POFQ BWV WLV ASMu POLY

Am I a huge disney fan? YOU BETCHA! I blame it all on my parents! They are the one's that walked around Disneyland all day to induce labor! Yep, I've been going to Disneyland since the day before I was born!

Post Thanks / Like

I probably wouldn't do a value again. I always say it doesn't really matter where I stay because we are rarely in the room, but the time we stayed at a value it just didn't feel like Disney to me. It was too much like a motel and the long walk to the buses was awful and the rooms smelled of smoke, locks were off the doors...it was awful and we vowed never again!
    70's-Days Inn
    80's? Dec-Polynesian/GolF Resort
    1980 Poly
    1987-Off Prop
    Early 90's-CB
    Sept. 2002- Contemporary
    Sept. 2004-WL
    May 2005-Off Prop
    Oct 2005-All Star Music
    Oct 06 POFQ
    Sept 07 BC
    April 08 POFQ
    Sept 08 Poly
    Dec 09 WL
    Sept 10 POR
    Sept. 11 POR
    Sept. 12 BC

Post Thanks / Like

I would never say never because I would go to Disney at any chance, but I'd rather not stay at any of the value resorts. DH & I don't do well in a double bed and each of us sleeping with a child isn't going to equate into decent night's sleep (which we all need to be happy people in Disney). Then, if my stepdaughter also goes, we have 5 people and would need a bigger room.
    1976, 1983, 1985, 1986, 1989 Trips before DH & all offsite.
    1994 at Dixie Landings
    1996 at The Polynesian for our Honeymoon
    2004 at POR, March 2006 at WL, April 2007 at WL
    Returning in December '08 & we'll try out BC

Post Thanks / Like

We very likely will NEVER try a value. We are so used to Deluxe now that it's hard to go back down from their, though we probably would do a moderate again.
    Disney

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: