Quantcast Bed Bugs at Poly??? - Page 5

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Post Thanks / Like

I was so glad when this thread "died" (It just creeps me out)...and yet here it is again ...along with the super creepy bug smilies ...all this with our first stay at the poly on the horizon. guess we will check the headboard and mattress and then forget it and enjoy. (but I do wish this thread would die ...and stay that way )
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

This thread has made my sister, mother and I crazy. I am so grossed out. I don't mind bugs, just not on me or in bed with me. I feel like the 3 of us have become obsessed with the thought and how to protect yourself from them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kemps@wdw View Post
    If your're really freaked out and want to avoid contact, you can get a "Protect-A-Bed" cover for your mattress and foundation w/a "lock" to ensure you're not their next meal and a spray for the in and outside of your luggage, in case it comes in contact w/someone elses that has been infested!
    I am the one who started the thread over a year ago and I invested in that cover for our mattresses. It was well worth the money to ensure my sound sleeping at night. I have traveled 3 times this year and I'm going back to the Poly in November. I always travel with the bed bug luggage spray and never put my bags on the beds or floors. And I immediatly bring all of the clothes to the laundry room. I've not had a problem since our "issue" It did take us close to 3 months to rid ourselves of our little friends.
    All I can say is, invest in some Steri-Fab and bed bug luggage spray when traveling. It will save you alot in the end.
    Nicole

Windsor Hills Resort 13'
    Poly Thanksgiving 09'
    Polynesian 08'
    Pop Century 07'
    Off Site 04'
    Off Site 97'
    Off Site 89'
    Off Site 86'
    Off Site 83'
    Polynesian 79'

Post Thanks / Like

We are back from the Poly with lice. My kids started scratching their heads mid way into the trip. I figured they were just hot and sweaty and didn't give it much thought. Here we are 3 weeks later with an infestation. We are drowning with this problem. I am sick over it. We are now involved with a professional lice removal service who confirmed the timeline of us contracting the lice. The time we were in Disney. Could it be the Poly? WDW in general? The plane? It could be any of those things of course, but my kids woke up each morning saying they couldn't sleep because the pillows were "itchy"..this is the first time in our lives we are dealing with this awful problem. All three of my kids have them, and the professional lice remover checked me last night and I have them too now. I am sick over this.
    Lisa
    Multiple visits over Multiple years
    30 plus stays at Disney's Polynesian resort

Post Thanks / Like

That's horrible! One more thing to worry about when you go away. Good luck with everything. And be sure to call the hotel to tell them about it so they can go and check out the bldg and room you were staying in.
    Nicole

Windsor Hills Resort 13'
    Poly Thanksgiving 09'
    Polynesian 08'
    Pop Century 07'
    Off Site 04'
    Off Site 97'
    Off Site 89'
    Off Site 86'
    Off Site 83'
    Polynesian 79'

Post Thanks / Like

Default lice

OMG!!!
    We were just at WDW and my son would periodically try on a novelty hat, and I would wonder if someone tried it on before him w/ lice.......luckily he didn't catch anything.
    Yo Ho Yo Ho a Pirates Life for Me

Post Thanks / Like

Kind of hate to add on to "the thread that never dies" but I had to say, Wow, a bed bug sniffing dog!
    "You can say it backwards, which is... DOCIOUSALIEXPIISTIC- FRAGILCALIRUPUS. - But that's going a bit too far, don't you think? - indubitably."
    -:¦:-•:*'"*:•.-:¦:-:¦:-•:*'"*:•.-:¦:-:¦:-•:*'"*:•.-:¦:-:¦:-•:*'"*:•.-:¦:--

* YC *WL *BC *BW *CB *Swan *Dolphin *GF *Poly* POFQ*

Post Thanks / Like

Lice and Bed Bugs???!! I am laying on a hotel bed as I write this!! Itching...

This is too much. It WAS the last thing I ever thought about when on vacation- especially to Disney.

If it's not one thing its another...
    Jackie Mouse

Return Offender since 1982!
    Stayed at: CBR, POR, CSR, CR, Poly, ASMo
    Tri-annually in 2010 & 2011... Is that a word?

Next Visit: August 2011
    On Deck: January 2012 if I can make it that long that is...*o*

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneykid@hrt View Post
    Lice and Bed Bugs???!! I am laying on a hotel bed as I write this!! Itching...

This is too much. It WAS the last thing I ever thought about when on vacation- especially to Disney.

If it's not one thing its another...
    Unfortunatly because it's Disney, it's does have to be on your mind since so many people come from ALL over the world to visit. This is how it starts...
    Nicole

Windsor Hills Resort 13'
    Poly Thanksgiving 09'
    Polynesian 08'
    Pop Century 07'
    Off Site 04'
    Off Site 97'
    Off Site 89'
    Off Site 86'
    Off Site 83'
    Polynesian 79'

Post Thanks / Like

I read this thread from start to finish and I just have one question. How do you know these bedbugs and lice are coming from 'international travellers'? Were the bedbugs wearing berets? Did the lice have hockey sticks with them? Give me a break. They could have come from your friends or relatives just as easily.

Just saying

Post Thanks / Like

Very true. Hey, you could buy used furniture off a friend and lo and behold...bed bugs, they can hide out without a food source for months on end...it's everywhere and anywhere
    Nicole

Windsor Hills Resort 13'
    Poly Thanksgiving 09'
    Polynesian 08'
    Pop Century 07'
    Off Site 04'
    Off Site 97'
    Off Site 89'
    Off Site 86'
    Off Site 83'
    Polynesian 79'

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kimblebee View Post
    I read this thread from start to finish and I just have one question. How do you know these bedbugs and lice are coming from 'international travellers'? Were the bedbugs wearing berets? Did the lice have hockey sticks with them? Give me a break. They could have come from your friends or relatives just as easily.

Just saying
    I think the reason that people are making the statement about international travel is quite simple and has very little to do with berets, hockey sticks, ...or sombreros, curling stones, wooden shoes or anything else associated with ethnicity or "foreignness"...it has to do with the fact that most of the websites that you go to when you look up bedbugs has a line that reads like this one from wikipedia...

"Bedbug populations in the United States have increased by 500 percent in the past few years. The cause of this resurgence is still uncertain, but most believe it is related to increased international travel and the use of new pest-control methods that do not affect bedbugs"

Yes...one never knows where the bedbugs came from...at this point chances of them originating in a major US metropolitan area are just about as good as them coming from a lot of places around the world. But the truth of the matter is that 50 years ago bed bugs were thought to be pretty much eradicated in the United States and thus were imported here from elsewhere....apparently just like they originally were when foreigners (like us) bought them here from europe in colonial days.

Saying that is not "anti-foreign", politically incorrect, xenophobic or whatever...it just appears to be what has (in general terms) taken place in bedbug resurgence.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
    CR 74, 7, 11 Offsite 79,80,98,00,8 (2) Sports 94 DD 02 AKL 05, 08 AKLV 8 WL 6, 10 POP 07, 13 Movies 08 CBR 08 Swan 08 POFQ 08,11 CSR 08,13 FWC 09,13 Music 09 SSR-Tree 09 POR 10 12 Poly 10 (2) YC 10, BC 10, GF 10, AoA 13, OKW 13, Dream 11, next fwc 1/2014

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Sterifab

Just got back from Bermuda. We got the Sterifab from an exterminator. Two giant bottles of it. My suitcase is a small carry-on, and we are going to use it. From what I could tell, our hotel room was clean. However, I wrapped my suitcase in a plastic bag. I think it worked. Thanks for the great tip.
    Keep smiling and Have a magical day!!!
    It's all good.

We love to serve fun, food, and deliciousness.

AKA: Jean and Marty

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: