Quantcast "Free Dining" Package - Booking Questions

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Question "Free Dining" Package - Booking Questions

Hi there! We are hoping to book the "Free Dining" package when it opens to the public on Thursday.

I have an AP, but my friend does not. Our plan is to book 11 nights, with 10 days in the parks.

If we are to share a room, do I need to get a 10-day park pass as well? To qualify for this deal, I believe you need to buy at least 1-day park pass. So it looks like I may need to book separately?

Any information is greatly appreciated. Thank you so much!

Angela

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by I_Love_Disney View Post
    Hi there! We are hoping to book the "Free Dining" package when it opens to the public on Thursday.

I have an AP, but my friend does not. Our plan is to book 11 nights, with 10 days in the parks.

If we are to share a room, do I need to get a 10-day park pass as well? To qualify for this deal, I believe you need to buy at least 1-day park pass. So it looks like I may need to book separately?

Any information is greatly appreciated. Thank you so much!

Angela
    Book the package with a one-day park ticket for each of you. After you both check-in, have your friend upgrade his/her ticket from 1-day to 10-day.

When booking a package, everyone in the room must book the same package. However, once the package is "exploded" (in Disney-speak, meaning once check-in is completed), each individual is free to upgrade their own ticket as he/she sees fit.

Post Thanks / Like

All room occupants have to be on the same travel package to take part in the free dining. I don't think you can do 11 nights. I think they cut off Magic Your Way packages at ten nights, so the eleventh would be a whole new travel package.

You only have to book a one day park pass for each of you, but then the friend will lose money because it will be more expensive for her to book the remaining ticket days separately outside the package. You'll have to work out if it makes sense to book this way or not.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    You only have to book a one day park pass for each of you, but then the friend will lose money because it will be more expensive for her to book the remaining ticket days separately outside the package. You'll have to work out if it makes sense to book this way or not.
    The statement I highlighted in bold is not accurate.

Tickets can be upgraded within 14 days of first use. When you book a package with a 1-day ticket, after the reservation is exploded that ticket can be upgraded or added to, even if others on the package do not do so.

Under no circumstances would the friend have to buy separate tickets -- he/she can simply upgrade the existing ticket.

Buying a 1-day ticket and upgrading it to a 10-day ticket costs EXACTLY THE SAME as buying a 10-day ticket from the start. Exactly the same cost to the penny.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the quick responses. They are very helpful!

I guess my main concern now is the amount of nights they will allow us. We will only be spending 10 days in the parks, but were hoping for 11 nights.

Thanks again!!
    Angela

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CleveRocks View Post
    The statement I highlighted in bold is not accurate.

Tickets can be upgraded within 14 days of first use. When you book a package with a 1-day ticket, after the reservation is exploded that ticket can be upgraded or added to, even if others on the package do not do so.

Under no circumstances would the friend have to buy separate tickets -- he/she can simply upgrade the existing ticket.

Buying a 1-day ticket and upgrading it to a 10-day ticket costs EXACTLY THE SAME as buying a 10-day ticket from the start. Exactly the same cost to the penny.
    That's great information, thanks for correcting. I realized it after I went back and saw your post above mine. I had no idea you could do that with a package, when they insist that everyone be on the same package. So you can book it and then change the ticket. Very good to know.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SBETigg View Post
    That's great information, thanks for correcting. I realized it after I went back and saw your post above mine. I had no idea you could do that with a package, when they insist that everyone be on the same package. So you can book it and then change the ticket. Very good to know.
    Cool. Just note that you can change tickets by adding to them but never by trying to "downgrade" them in any way.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by I_Love_Disney View Post
    Thank you for the quick responses. They are very helpful!

I guess my main concern now is the amount of nights they will allow us. We will only be spending 10 days in the parks, but were hoping for 11 nights.

Thanks again!!
    Angela
    We're just full of good answers today! I predict a smile coming to your face in about 11 seconds.

You know that one-day ticket you have to buy as part of your package? Your friend can use
    THAT ticket for his/her 11th day. You have an AP, so you have no use for the ticket (unless you'd want to use its value to renew your AP ... so I guess it DOES have value for you). It's perfectly acceptable to have your friend use the ticket ... USED Disney tickets are non-transferable, but unused tickets are transferable.

I see your smile already!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Wow... you are good!!! I was indeed smiling by the end of your response!

I alway say, half the fun in going away on vacation is the planning!!! I can't wait!

Thanks again!
    Angela

Post Thanks / Like

One issue here, and I'm not certain of the answer, doesn't the "free" dining promotion only go a max of 10 nights?
    Chris, aka Strmchsr
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Guests with Special Needs, and Weather Guru

Post Thanks / Like

Since this tread is full of good info, I figured I would ask a question and see what kinda smile I can get on my face

I am an AP holder and want to book a solo trip for 10 nights. So, I have to book the room, ticket, and dining all as a package from what I understand. I know that since I am an AP holder I only need to buy 1 day ticket and use my AP to get into the parks.

I have never used the dining plan before and I know that it "pools" all your stays into one so you can use 2 snacks in one day and you are told after each purchase what points you have left.

However, what I don't udnerstand is the one day ticket thing. I thought that since you are in a package plan that ticket will just expire after you check out even if you never used it. If thats not the case, I see that you can apply that ticket to an AP renew. How would you go about this? I know you get a cheaper renew when it comes time so do I just call Disney with my discount offer and tell them I have a non used ticket that I would like to apply to the pass. I would hate to buy a 1 day ticket and just have it go to waste so appling it to an AP renew would be great!

Thanks for getting back with me.
    Been to Disney World 15 times!

Just had my first visit to Disneyland on 8/1/07

Next trips:

June 17th at Pop

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know the mechanics of how you go about doing it, but I do know that it can be done. The ticket most certainly does not expire after you check-out. MYW tickets don't work that way. It's not like the pre-2005 "length of stay" park hoppers.

Unused tickets do not expire ... until you start to use them.

7.37 miles from WDW. My retirement dream come true!
    Post Thanks / Like

and you can book up to 14 consecutive nights now so you're 11 night stay, with free dining, is do-able....ENJOY!
    I LOVE DISNEY WORLD!!!!!
    A dream is a wish your heart makes and mine came true when I retired here in December 2014! I go to a park at least once a week!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: