Quantcast Virtual Family Kingdom?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Virtual Family Kingdom?

Anybody look into this yet? My son just called me at work and said he pre-registered his vmk ID.

My first gut reaction was that someone was trying to capture vmk names but I guess without a password it wouldn't do them any good. I'm still a little leery that they could recreate the experience in shut a short time. If it is legit, then
    Last edited by Patricia; 04-09-2008 at 07:36 PM. Reason: To remove direct link

Post Thanks / Like

Very interesting...

I am a bit leary as well. I think I will wait a bit before I let the kids try it to see if it is legit. If it turns out to be legit then I agree -
    ~Lisa aka Tinkermom

DVC Member since 05/01

Most Recent Trips:
    12/28/12-1/4/13 OKW to watch our son and his HS marching band on Main Street on NYE!
    7/13/12-7/17/12 Vero Beach & 7/17/12-7/23/12 WLVs

Next up: 5/28-6/12 Vero Beach (Beach Cottage!)/Fort Myers/Treehouse Villas

Post Thanks / Like

I took a look at the site. I'm intrigued, but also not convinced that it's comparable to the vmk experience....or even that it's truly an honest company. I guess I could always use a vmk mule and see what happens!
    Sonja

Spay and neuter your pets!

Post Thanks / Like

If this is the real deal it would be neat. But I'm not convinced. So I guess we'll see. If you do do the pre-register I would say use a different game alias then you do in VMK. I don't see what they could steal since you're not giving them a password or anything.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see although it does look like a rip off of VMK lol
    Chris

Recent Trips

January 09
    May 08
    Oct-Nov 07

May 07

Post Thanks / Like

Something don't smell right with that. I wouldn't do it. That is the Mad Hatter room for sure. It's like that one country that has Snow White statue and has mascots of Donald and Minnie and they said that it isn't sopost to be them. I think this is a way to get little kids to put there info in and be taken away. So don't do it.
    DLand character wanted list.

1. DUMBO 2. BLUE FAIRY 3. TARZAN 4. BRER RABBIT 8. JOHN SMITH 9. LAUNCH PAD 11. LOTSO 14. GYPSY

Post Thanks / Like

I checked the site registration and the site is owned by a fellow in New Mexico.

It looks promising, but if it is to close to VMK, he is going to have a tough ride, since Disney doesn't like emulation/competition...even if it is something they close down
    VMK - Electro_Stitch
    World of Tanks - jjramsey
    VFK was - ElectroStitch

WDW:
    1 wk - '92
    1 wk - '93
    1 day - '00
    2 wks - '01
    1 month at one time! - '02
    2 wks - '03
    2 wks - '04 - during two of the hurricanes
    4+ wks - '06
    2+ wks - '07
    2 wks - '10
    2 wks - '11

...the next trip is...

Post Thanks / Like

There has been info going around about this site for a couple of days now. The site is privately owned, but that doesn't mean it isn't legit. As I was mentioning to some others.. Club Penguin was started by a couple of Dads here in Kelowna, with no Corporation behind them either.

VFK will be free to use.. with limited access. To get full features you will need a paid subscription. Read the terms of service.

Here at ICot we can't endorse this site as we know nothing about it or the owners.

Please use caution when registering on any site and use an email address that you wouldn't use for anything else. They are not requesting passwords at this time.

The fact that it looks so similar to vmk, makes me wonder if Disney will be after them to close it soon.

Note: Because this is not a Disney owned site, our VMK forum will not switch to VFK should it turn out to be legitimate.
    Last edited by Patricia; 04-09-2008 at 07:37 PM.
    I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Virtual Family Kingdom

I am in the process of checking out this site. It appears to be legit, however I am concerned because they are using a castle logo that looks very "Disney."

Our children have pre-registered their names. That part seemed harmless. However, they do request an email address. This could be a virus waiting to spread.

My question is why does Disney always close the wonderful attractions? America Sings, Country Bears, Sky Way, etc. If VMK is so successful why would they even consider closing? The other sites that have been suggested by VMK seem to cost money for the "better" versions.

Post Thanks / Like

Default VFK has a new mini game...

Drive a Hummer through a jungle and take pictures of birds. I was horrible the first time, so I decided to try a second time.

However, I got a pop-up telling me the connection was broken and to press to reconnect.

Think I may have taken a wrong turn somewhere:
    http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r...Kwrongturn.jpg
    Recovering VMK Addict Avalanchefan

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tiggerdog View Post
    Drive a Hummer through a jungle and take pictures of birds. I was horrible the first time, so I decided to try a second time.

However, I got a pop-up telling me the connection was broken and to press to reconnect.

Think I may have taken a wrong turn somewhere:
    http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r...Kwrongturn.jpg

Yeah we were talking about this game in the other thread. I really don't like it I think its kind of a cheap knock off of Jungle Cruise just doesn't seem fun to me.
    Chris

Recent Trips

January 09
    May 08
    Oct-Nov 07

May 07

Post Thanks / Like

I know alot of us don't really care about it anymore but for the ones that still do. I just when into VFK to see if I got my name finally which I don't. But anyways now they have up there invertory up which is a pink couchs. It has your credit closes table chairs the works pins. So there your up to date on VFK.
    DLand character wanted list.

1. DUMBO 2. BLUE FAIRY 3. TARZAN 4. BRER RABBIT 8. JOHN SMITH 9. LAUNCH PAD 11. LOTSO 14. GYPSY

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Genie View Post
    I know alot of us don't really care about it anymore but for the ones that still do. I just when into VFK to see if I got my name finally which I don't. But anyways now they have up there invertory up which is a pink couchs. It has your credit closes table chairs the works pins. So there your up to date on VFK.
    Thanks Genie

This was added a few days ago there is a strange button which I don't know what it will be used for called FX I'm guessing its where the magic will be but not sure about that.

There is also the feature to boot people now when you click on them although I'm not sure if its working or not.
    Chris

Recent Trips

January 09
    May 08
    Oct-Nov 07

May 07

Post Thanks / Like

SURFS UP SUMMER FUN QUEST
    Saturday, June 14th, 2008

Our first quest! Cowabunga! This month is the beginning of summer, and what better way to welcome in the warm weather than with a few days at the beach surfing! To hit the surf, you need some basic equipment like maybe a... surfboard.

To get your great new VFK designer surf board, you have to go on a quest to find it. I'd like to say that it will be totally easy, but what is the point of a quest if you don't have a bit of a challenge? Your brand new surfboard is just waiting for you to "hang ten" at the end of your journey around the kingdom.

Go on the Surfs Up Summer Fun Quest and complete all the tasks as they come up. You will then be all set to hit the beach. I haven't found the beach yet, but I for one like to be prepared, and you just never know what's going to happen around here.
    ŴĐŴ∫âňăŧĭć aka David șoș

Post Thanks / Like

They have also made items on sale yesterday as well. There is a pretty big selection with things a bunch of different amounts of credits.

They are also obviously trying to establish things being rare because they had a red beach ball on sale yesterday for only a few hours before retiring it.

This game has just started and it is becoming some of the things I never really liked about VMK. They keep making me want to stay at Small Worlds more and more.
    Chris

Recent Trips

January 09
    May 08
    Oct-Nov 07

May 07

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: