Quantcast Just Questions: OK, So We'll Lope Toward Summer. - Page 2

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 2 of 56 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Mary sorry to hear of your loss & your yucky cold lingering.

Carol, that's pretty funny but I don't think your whole warranty will be in jepordy. (Personally I prefer the leverage banking the builder gives but I suppose that's not a wide spread option is it?) Vent away as it does help.

Emily any sorta good for you cookies in that tray?

Di I do hope your Dr. has a plan for when you should be better & that he's confirmed this is unrealted to the other issues you've been dealing with.

Euan feel better soon ok? Does he have a movie he has to watch Jenn?
    Natalie
    Feb 2001 off site Jan 2002 All star movies Dec 2002 All star sports jan-04 Poly Nov 2004 pofq Nov 2005 Pors Mar 06 at PORS CBR Dec 2006 POR sept 21-30 2007 oct 2008 poly and akl, dec 2008 pop and VWL

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MauiMouse View Post
    Sorry to be a big downer, but it helps writing about it.
    Sorry to hear about the crud staying around so long and about your co-worker. I don't know if it will make you fell better, but you made my day by saing the co-worker was 'young' at 58-59.

Good to see you at any rate.

How's Monday treating everybody else?
    Former watcher of the original b&w Mouseketeers.

Honeymooned in WDW in '76. Devoted husband and WDW fanatic (in that order :-) ) since then.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pogo View Post
    Sure can.... we'll be going by the exit at around 8:00 AM Thursday..... want me to pick you up ?? ?
    I wish! This is a big week and weekend on campus for me. Housing selection is Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. And I am in cultural dances for the Latino Student Association dinner Saturday night. I'm actually looking forward to that one, it's a lot of fun! Anyone want to come see me do the Merengue, Samba, and Cumbia? But, I hope you have a wonderful trip!

Hi everyone,

Sorry, I have been AWOL for a while. Anyone miss me, I hope?

Some major things going on and it doesn't seem to be ending any time soon.

First off I've been sick, very sick, as of yesterday it's been 4 weeks with this cold or what ever it is. I'm on antibotics and everything else that you can imagine. I'm finally feeling better, my ear is another story, it's still plugged up. And I'm flying in less than a week. Oh joy!

Another dealer here at the store died and it's hitting me hard. We don't know a lot of the details, other than they were coming home from Florida. He died quickly, either of a heart attack or an aneurysm. He was a great guy, always had a smile on his face, never complaining about anything. He was young too, we think about 58 or 59. It's just not fair. So I sit here at my desk thinking about him and crying.

Hope everyone is well and give your love ones a big ole

Have a good Monday everyone!
    I'm sorry for your loss Mary. I agree that it's a big help to write about it. A big to you!

What should I have for lunch?
    ~Nikki~
    Last Trip: February 2024
    Next Trips: April 2024

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the kind words. Yes, Ken 58-59 is young especially around here.

pogo, forgot to say have a safe journey on Thursday and enjoy that away time.

Bethany, have a great time and trip with your mom at Disneyland.

Any cookies left?
    Mary

Been there, done that, definitely going back!

pogo Guest

Some major things going on and it doesn't seem to be ending any time soon.

First off I've been sick, very sick, as of yesterday it's been 4 weeks with this cold or what ever it is. I'm on antibotics and everything else that you can imagine. I'm finally feeling better, my ear is another story, it's still plugged up. And I'm flying in less than a week. Oh joy!

Having some issues at home as well, but it really seems they aren't really issues when you think about it. They just don't compare to other problems.

Another dealer here at the store died and it's hitting me hard. We don't know a lot of the details, other than they were coming home from Florida. He died quickly, either of a heart attack or an aneurysm. He was a great guy, always had a smile on his face, never complaining about anything. He was young too, we think about 58 or 59. It's just not fair. So I sit here at my desk thinking about him and crying.

Hope everyone is well and give your love ones a big ole

Have a good Monday everyone!
    You've been gone ????
    Yes, silly.... we missed you.

I'm sorry your going through these issues, both health and otherwise. Hang in there.

Enjoy your trip to WDW next week !

Quote Originally Posted by drummerboy View Post
    Sorry to hear about the crud staying around so long and about your co-worker. I don't know if it will make you fell better, but you made my day by saing the co-worker was 'young' at 58-59.
    Is it because that's your age ?????
    pogo, forgot to say have a safe journey on Thursday and enjoy that away time.
    Thanks..... eat a for me, will you ???

Post Thanks / Like

Hey all, just checking in to let you all know that my thyroid surgery on Friday went well. There were a couple of things that happened that meant I was on my back for about eleven hours straight rather than the five or six hours that had originally been estimated. Then because the doctor knew I would have terrible back pain from laying like that for so long he gave me too much painkiller and they couldn't wake me up. They ended up having to give me something to counteract the painkillers which meant I woke up with nothing in my system. Needless to say that with all my back problems that was NOT a fun position to be in!

The good news is that even though the thyroid was about twice as large as they expected they think they got it all and they didn't see any signs of it anyplace else. Regardless though it is standard procedure that sometime in the next 30 days I will have to take a couple of doses of radioactive iodine just to be sure it is all killed. They say this does not make you sick or cause you to lose your hair or anything like that.

I actually feel well enough that I am up and about and am working for a few hours this afternoon at my wife's store while she does some errands. Of course we are starting into our slow time of year so I can do a lot of sitting which helps.

So how was all of your weekends?

Post Thanks / Like

Jasper that is fantastic news!! I'm so happy to hear that your up and about. Sorry that the painkiller part didn't go as planned.

But it's wonderful to hear your doing well. Do you need cookies to help you recover?
    Natalie
    Feb 2001 off site Jan 2002 All star movies Dec 2002 All star sports jan-04 Poly Nov 2004 pofq Nov 2005 Pors Mar 06 at PORS CBR Dec 2006 POR sept 21-30 2007 oct 2008 poly and akl, dec 2008 pop and VWL

Post Thanks / Like

We don't have much planned this week except to drive 845 miles south to have lunch with the World Famous Drummerboy and his DW next Saturday ! Other than that it will be a hum drum kind of week ! What do you think of that ????

Sounds like a good week. to Julia and Emma...... hope they let you sleep !
    Pogo, I can't believe your trip is here already... time sure is flying!! I hope you have a GREAT time!!

The girls say back, and bless them, they were so good -- they let me sleep, and are now outside running around like the caged animals they were all day, thoroughly enjoying the sunny weather, even though it's a bit cold! We have a landscaper that works for Dan's company coming by this evening to help us with the yard -- I can't wait!!

Quote Originally Posted by disneydrmr View Post
    Hey all... I'm still feeling icky.
    Di, I'm sorry to hear you're still not feeling that much better -- I sure hope you start feeling yourself soon!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nascfan View Post
    (We're at 60 days in our countdown, in case anyone besides me is counting.)
    Wow -- can you believe it's only 2 months 'til you leave??

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    Hey all, just checking in to let you all know that my thyroid surgery on Friday went well...
    Hi Jasper!! I'm so glad to hear your surgery went well, even though the complications left you more uncomfortable than I'm sure you thought you'd be.... it's good to know you're up and about and feeling better!!

Mary, I'm so sorry to hear about your friend at work.... it's so hard to hear about stuff like that, and it sure makes you take a look at your own "stuff". Sending a your way and hoping you're having a bit better of an afternoon!

Jenn -- how's Euan feeling? I hope his fever's broken by now... sending lots of his way!!

Okay, gotta run... the coffee's kicking in, and I've got some stuff I'd like to get done before dinner and our landscaper guy comes over. Later all!!
    Blythe

Past trips -
    3x offsite,May 06 CBR,Oct 07 I'cot 10,Dec 08 CBR,Jan 09 ASMu,Oct 09 CBR/AKL,Jan 11 AsMu,Aug 11 CBR, Oct 11 AKL,Oct 12 I'cot 15,Aug 13 CBR,Aug '14 mini AKL trip

Next -
    May '17 DL OR June '17 CBR

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BronxTigger View Post
    Did you know I'm only 9 days away from my DLR trip?
    Thats soooo exciting! I LOVE DL. Its a completely different trip than WDW. Don't miss Fantasmic - I like it better than at WDW.
    We don't have much planned this week except to drive 845 miles south to have lunch with the World Famous Drummerboy and his DW next Saturday !
    Well if we had planned better, I could have coordinated my trip to SC! Oh well - someday....
    First off I've been sick, very sick, as of yesterday it's been 4 weeks with this cold or what ever it is.

Another dealer here at the store died and it's hitting me hard.
    Mary - sorry to hear you are still not feeling good. I have had those same plugged up ears and head. So sorry to hear about your co-worker. Its never fair. Here's a

Today was busy, busy! Isn't that supposed to make the day go faster? Wrong. Oh well, I got alot done anyway.

Jasper- glad to hear things went well.

Di - take care of yourself! Hope you feel better soon! Do you want some chicken soup?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tink&Goofy View Post
    Glad to hear he is doing well. Is he close by to where you live?
    We live about an hour away from my Dad on the weekends. During the week, it would take longer as the traffic would be nuts.

More on the way, Diane! I sure hope you start feeling better soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey'sGirl View Post
    What's everyone else up to?
    on the way to Euan too!

I'm up to about 99.4 degrees personally. I'm right on the verge of a nasty sinus infection, and ended up coming home early today, but I haven't had the energy to do anything.

I was just wondering where you'd been earlier today. Sorry to hear you're still sick too! on the way! And, sorry to hear about your friend too.

Hey all, just checking in to let you all know that my thyroid surgery on Friday went well.
    Glad the surgery went well, although I'm sorry about the complications. on the way to you too!

Anyone know why my DH isn't home yet? He went hot air ballooning, and he's still not home even though it's pretty much his bedtime now. I did speak to him, and he's fine, I was just hoping he'd bring me a sugar free root beer, and now it's too late for one.
    Rhonda

Post Thanks / Like

My baby's growing up! My oldest just got asked out on her first "official" date! (Wow, do I feel old! ). Its someone DH knows well, so we are OK with it all, but wow does it feel weird! So she should be home by like 10:00, right??

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

good morning JQ'ers, here's the am coffee for y'all to enjoy. So what's on the docket for the day? For me it's work as usual, with a 6am start time.
    Pirategal and I will be flying in ACY in June, do you suppose the airport has car rentals there at the airport? And if so how do you rent a car from them? Can't seem to find one that has a location at, near the airport. Which makes no sense seeing how it's an international airport, ya know what I mean?
    Is it really tuesday already?
    Sandy °o° VFK name DisneyDreamin,First trip in 1972-Off site ,In between so many I can't count,3/04 PC,11/28-12/05/04 POR,Feb,13-22,'06 PC,Dec,4, 07 FWR,DVC,AKV07, DLR's DPPH 9-13-20,'09,Stitch/Buzz Complex Cast Member

Post Thanks / Like

Sandy good luck with the car search. Rhonda are you feeling better or worse? And how is Euan this am?

the first real date T & G? I'm not looking forward to that either..Hopefully it goes smoothly for your and your DD.
    Natalie

pogo Guest

Morning all.... sad news last night that Patti's favorite uncle died at around 6:00 PM last night and the funeral will be Wednesday afternoon. We had just found out on Sunday that he was in bad shape.

They are not a close family, but Uncle Kenny was quite the guy and we loved him dearly.

My baby's growing up! My oldest just got asked out on her first "official" date! (Wow, do I feel old! ). Its someone DH knows well, so we are OK with it all, but wow does it feel weird! So she should be home by like 10:00, right??
    Did your DH do the right thing and get out his shot gun and start cleaning it in front of the young man ???

I feel sorry for you. Girls are tough while they grow up. They want to grow up and experience everything so fast. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by trackbarroness View Post
    good morning JQ'ers, here's the am coffee for y'all to enjoy. So what's on the docket for the day? For me it's work as usual, with a 6am start time.
    Pirategal and I will be flying in ACY in June, do you suppose the airport has car rentals there at the airport? And if so how do you rent a car from them? Can't seem to find one that has a location at, near the airport. Which makes no sense seeing how it's an international airport, ya know what I mean?
    Is it really tuesday already?
    Better you than me Sandy. I don't like anything about AC at all. Enterprise has a location just outside of the airport and they have a shuttle to take you to the car. Check out their website for details. Happy planning.

I hope you all have a great day. See you all later.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by trackbarroness View Post
    Pirategal and I will be flying in ACY in June.
    You can wave at my sister when you fly over her house in Pomona. She can see the airport from her house. She doesn't have any rental cars though.

I can't think of many questions this early in the morning. Is that all right?

Honeymooned in WDW in '76. Devoted husband and WDW fanatic (in that order :-) ) since then.

Post Thanks / Like

Morning Everyone

For those who asked for cookies.........I have fresh raspberry coconut thumbprints coming out of the oven here in the dining hall...hopefully there's enough to last all day. There's plenty of dark chocolate mms for those who would prefer that kind of kick this AM.

It seems like a lot of our posters here need some strong pixie dust........so here's my share..... Mary, Rhonda, Jasper and Pogo....I'm sorry for your loss(es) and sickness(es).....here's hoping things start looking up for you all!!!!

So I logged in this morning to find a PM from my sister...also a member of INTERCOT...simply stating:

What does JQU stand for?

Perhaps we have a potential recruit Greg???????
    Speaking of Greg, how was your audition?!
    EMILY

Now approaching.......Mickey's Star Traders!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Mornin' Emily! I will have a cookie - and a coffee please. I didn't sleep well.....

Jasper -- great news about your surgery. I hope you are up to snuff again soon!

Hey Blythe! Nice to see you!

for Cousin and Patti. I am sorry for your loss.

T & G ... Wanna guess who my first real date was with at age 14? .... my family knew him well too ..... and we celebrate 15 years of wedded something or other on Thursday!

A great big Hey! and all around to everyone else!
    Jennifer (aka Mickey'sGirl)
    INTERCOT Staff: Guests with Special Needs, Dining and Disney Characters

Last trip: March 2016 - Fantasy
    Next trip: Aug 2017 - Aulani

I am a Galactic Hero once more!

Post Thanks / Like

T & G ... Wanna guess who my first real date was with at age 14? .... my family knew him well too ..... and we celebrate 15 years of wedded something or other on Thursday!
    All right, don't keep us all in suspense--who was it?

Post Thanks / Like

Morning everyone! Feeling a bit better today. Just wish my eyes would get back to normal. Thanks to everyone for all the pixie dust and get well wishes!

Speaking of icky -- I'm home with fever boy today. Euan developed one at dinnertime yesterday, and it still hasn't broken -- but I am doing the double dosing (Tylenol and Advil) and it's keeping it under control. Harry was also up during the night feeling off -- but he told me he was all right this morning. I had let him sleep in, and I took him to school a little late.
    I sure hope Euan is feeling better today! Get well wishes to him! And hope that Harry is still feeling well also.

Quote Originally Posted by MissStyles View Post
    I can't wait to hear about your trip. I'll be going to DLR for the first time next June - it's actually going to be the last 5 days of my honeymoon (saving the best for last ) -so I'm going to need tips! So is the Candy Cane Inn really made out of candy canes?
    It was until I went in November last year.. now it's kind of a melted, sucked on glop of candy cane goo . Quite tasty! You will have a great time!

Quote Originally Posted by Nascfan View Post
    Hope everyone's Monday is going well so far. (We're at 60 days in our countdown, in case anyone besides me is counting.)
    Yeah! 60 days! 2 months! 1,440 hours!!! It's getting so close! You KNOW I'm excited for you!

Hey Diane..... Does that make you feel better ????
    Blech... you just spit all your germs at me...

Sorry you are sick.. seems this thread may need to be decontaminated... and I'm really sorry for your loss.

Quote Originally Posted by BriarRose0708 View Post
    And I am in cultural dances for the Latino Student Association dinner Saturday night. I'm actually looking forward to that one, it's a lot of fun! Anyone want to come see me do the Merengue, Samba, and Cumbia?
    That sounds like fun! Do you give lessons?

Any cookies left?
    You can have my share... haven't had much of an appetite lately..

Hey all, just checking in to let you all know that my thyroid surgery on Friday went well. There were a couple of things that happened that meant I was on my back for about eleven hours straight rather than the five or six hours that had originally been estimated. Then because the doctor knew I would have terrible back pain from laying like that for so long he gave me too much painkiller and they couldn't wake me up. They ended up having to give me something to counteract the painkillers which meant I woke up with nothing in my system. Needless to say that with all my back problems that was NOT a fun position to be in!

I actually feel well enough that I am up and about and am working for a few hours this afternoon at my wife's store while she does some errands. Of course we are starting into our slow time of year so I can do a lot of sitting which helps.
    Jasper - glad to hear the surgery went, well, sort of well... at least you came thru it fine. I hope all continues to go well with your health and that all the bad stuff is now behind you and you are looking forward to NOTHING but perfect health for the rest of your life!

Di - take care of yourself! Hope you feel better soon! Do you want some chicken soup?
    Thanks! I actually have some Lipton Cup of Soup in my desk. I think I'm chicken souped out though..

Quote Originally Posted by Beast_fanatic View Post
    I'm up to about 99.4 degrees personally. I'm right on the verge of a nasty sinus infection, and ended up coming home early today, but I haven't had the energy to do anything.

Anyone know why my DH isn't home yet? He went hot air ballooning, and he's still not home even though it's pretty much his bedtime now. I did speak to him, and he's fine, I was just hoping he'd bring me a sugar free root beer, and now it's too late for one.
    Sorry to hear you are sick. Take it easy and get plenty of rest. My fever was only at about 99.2 and I know I was drained so I can imagine how much horribler (is that a word?) you must feel.

Did your dh make it home ok? Did he have that sugar free root beer? Did he perhaps bring an extra one? If so may I have one? I'm tired of diet 7-up and a root beer sounds rather yummy.

Hope her date went well and that you and dh survived the 'wait' until she got home from it!

Morning all.... sad news last night that Patti's favorite uncle died at around 6:00 PM last night and the funeral will be Wednesday afternoon. We had just found out on Sunday that he was in bad shape.
    I am sooooo sorry for your loss Pogo. for you and Patti.

Wanna guess who my first real date was with at age 14? .... my family knew him well too ..... and we celebrate 15 years of wedded something or other on Thursday!
    Congrats on 15 years! Do you have anything special planned to celebrate?
    Diane

Dec '06 - All Star Movie
    Nov. 2007 - Disneyland @ Disneyland Hotel
    Nov. 9 -15, 2008, Pop Century
    Oct. 19-23, 2011, Disneyland @ Paradise Pier

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MissStyles View Post
    So I logged in this morning to find a PM from my sister...also a member of INTERCOT...simply stating:

What does JQU stand for?
    At least she posted it as a question.

I have a directive here from DDPI central administration:

"We are running low on our stock of pixie dust. All personnel are hereby directed to stay well until further notice."

I hope everybody is getting over everything; we want all our JQU faculty and staff to be well.

Pogo, sorry to hear about Patti's uncle.

'sup for today dudes?

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: