Quantcast Can I whine a minute??

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Can I whine a minute??

I had mentioned on here 2 weeks ago that I was going in for another knee surgery, my fourth.
    Recovery has been tough. Worse then the others. I am not in pain so much now as I am just uncomfortable and frustrated.
    I started PT this week and of course that adds to the pain dept.
    I was told that I could not drive until my stitches were out. Which was supposed to be today.
    I went to the Dr and he was only able to take out the stitches in the two small incisions. The large incision has not healed yet so he cannot take those out until next Friday!!
    So, another week of no driving! Even though my husband has been great, it is still really hard to have to rely on him to do anything or go anywhere.
    Add the 4 more weeks of crutches and I am really cranky!!!
    Now for the rest of my whine. Sorry!
    I have had tickets to go to a Kenny Chesney (big country music fan!) concert for months now. It is tomorrow night. My seat is on the aisle so, I would be able to keep my leg out straight when I sat. I am in an immobilizer so, it has to be straight when I sit. I figured since the stitches would be out that I would be able to bend it a little to get comfy. Of course, the stitches could not be removed yet, so bending it is not an option.
    I had to call my sister who I was going to the concert with, and tell her I can't go. I would not be comfortable and I am afraid that my knee would get bumped etc, and I would be miserable. The concert is in Connecticut so, it would have been overnight too. I told her to take my other sister with her.
    I know my knee is the important thing. I am just feeling down and sorry for myself so I needed to vent somewhere. Feel free to ignore me..lol.
    My kids are also out of school on Monday and Tuesday and the weather here has been gorgeous the past few days. It is supposed to be a beautiful weekend and I can't do anything outside with them. My husband will be home during the day but, he has to go in at 3:30. The kids are being so good, I just feel bad that they have to deal with this again too. My last surgery was just in November!!

Okay, pity party over!! Hopefully I wake up in a much better frame of mind tomorrow!!
    DVC Members @ SSR
    19 Trips since 1996:
    Caribbean Beach Resort-2x's, Dixie Landings-2x, POFQ-2x's, POR-3x's All Star Movies-4x's, Pop-1x, Saratoga Springs-2x, BWV-1x, OKW-2x

Just got back: August 17th-22nd POR

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Everyone is entitled to a little whining now and then. for your knee, I hope you're up and running soon!
    ~M.~

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
    11 Trips to WDW
    1 Trip to Disneyland
    Many more to come
    Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me.

Post Thanks / Like

Lots of pixie dust for a speedy recovery.
    Dont worry about your kids,they will be fine. just the thought that you want to go outside and play with them is good!
    Dolphin & POFQ 2010

POFQ 2008

ALL STAR MUSIC August 2007

POP August 2006

Coronado Springs 2005

DCL trip December 2005

WDW DOLPHIN July 2004

WDW DOLPHIN JUNE 2002

WDW DOLPHIN March 1998

WDW OFF PROPERTY March 1994

DL Honeymoon 1987

Post Thanks / Like

Hope you feel better soon.
    Just got back. Unless we win the lottery or some long lost rich relative leaves me a bunch of money we won't be back for 5 years.

Post Thanks / Like

Whine away and we will all listen. I hope you are feeling better soon. I'm really sorry you had to miss the Kenney Chesney concert.
    Tinkerfreak
    oct./nov. 2002-AKL
    oct./nov. 2003-WL
    nov. 2004-AKL
    oct./nov. 2005-AKL
    Dec. 2006 BC
    April 2007 AKL
    oct./nov. 2007 AKL/Poly
    oct./nov. 2008 POFQ/AKL
    Nov. 2009 CBR
    May 2010 BW

Post Thanks / Like

ok, I brought the cheese and crackers for that whine because you do deserve to complain and I'm so proud of you for the sacrifices you are making to help your leg heal properly...
    Next
    DD, DS @ AKV Dec 12 SSR 12-16

AKV Savannah 8/08
    ASMu my BD 4/08 w/ Angel & MrsSgtT
    SSR 10/07 BWV-12/06
    Pop-05 04 03 1st Nighters
    OKW-97 96 Poly- 89 87 86 CR:72
    Offsite:8xs FW:83 82 82 DL 67,68,71

Post Thanks / Like

Sweetie, after going through all that and being a mommy to deal with, you deserve to have a full on tantrum! Please don't be so hard on yourself. I didn't have kids with my last major surgery and it still took me a month to recover, not in an area like your knee that you are using a lot, so you need to give yourself as much time as you need.

Post Thanks / Like

You guys are great!! Thanks so much for the ear and the well wishes!

I am still a little cranky but, I am trying to come out of it.

My other sister ended up backing out of the concert so, my husband actually went to the concert last night. He had a great time and said that even though he is not a big country music fan like me, that Kenny Chesney sounded "Pretty good". I was glad he was able to go. He has been such a huge help to me that it was nice for him to get out and enjoy himself.

So, I am trying to get out of my pity party. Thanks again for helping me.
    DVC Members @ SSR
    19 Trips since 1996:
    Caribbean Beach Resort-2x's, Dixie Landings-2x, POFQ-2x's, POR-3x's All Star Movies-4x's, Pop-1x, Saratoga Springs-2x, BWV-1x, OKW-2x

Just got back: August 17th-22nd POR

Post Thanks / Like

We are all entitled to whine a little and then some! There's a great bunch of people on the boards here that will listen and understand!

Praying for you to feel ALL better soon! Here's some for a speedy recovery!!
    M°o°nica

Prepare to Shake..Rattle & Roll!
    Freeway Construction Ahead Take Atl. Route.Traffic Jammed.Drive Safely Detour Ahead..get ready to ROCK! All lanes open.SO FLOOR IT! Car Pool lanes open..WIDE OPEN - RnRC

Next Up: Oct 28 - Nov 7th!

N' Awlin's girl born & raised

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you have a right to feel bad. I've had both my knees replaced, my ankle reconstructed, and am looking at hip surgery within the next couple of months. I KNOW where you're at, and IT AIN'T NO FUN !!!!!

Let's all hope it's your last "slappin knee follies".
    REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE!!
    1998 Shades of Green
    1999, 2000,2001, Shades of Green
    2002 Contemporary - 2003 Contemporary - 2004, 2005,2006, Shades of Green
    Dec. 2007 First trip to Disneyland
    Dec. 2008 Shades of Green & JQ "meet"

Post Thanks / Like

Trust me, I know what you are going through. You have every right to feel the way you do. For some reason when your knees, ankles hips, etc. hurt it affects your whole body.
    I had 3 surgeries on my knees in 6 months, the last one being total knee replacement. Here I sit almost a year later and I am still having complications.

Just remember to stick with your Physical Therapy. Get in a pool if possible. I go to a wellness clinic and work out in the water every day from 1 1/2 to 2 hours a day. You would not believe how much better the water makes you feel.

There is something to be said about having your independence. Once you can start driving you will feel much better.
    ~Angel~
    Proud DVC owners!
    SSR January 2007
    Bay Lake November 2008

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: