Quantcast Information about Disney Parks and VMK

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Information about Disney Parks and VMK

Ok, I just talked to my computer guru...my hub be...and he said that VMK can't go to the pay to play, because they would have to re-program it from the ground up. So, that won't happen. From what he says also, is that Disney Parks was the company that wrote the checks, and after Disney's 50th Celebration promotion was over, Disney parks stopped writing the checks to Sulake. In the mean time, Sulake signed an exclusive-rights contract with Paramount. So, if we want VMK to still be around, we need to be writing to Disney Parks.
    Karen/SparkleMeTink
    "That's me: wife, mother, superhero...I'm sure you can relate" - Mrs Incredible

"All you need is Faith, Trust and a little Pixie Dust"

1999 - Dixie Landing
    2005 - All Star Sports

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Well like they said in the other thread, if they ever do re-program it and build it back from scraps, they would have to build it over again which would take some time. Plus all of the enticements back in the parks from the first year have to be put back in place.

The way that I am thinking, is that if they were planning to open the game back up, they would have gone after Virtual Family Kingdom. I can tell you that if that game does get popular, I'm not sure that there would be alot of people would be willing to start over again from scratch for the third time.
    ŴĐŴ∫âňăŧĭć aka David șoș

Post Thanks / Like

Actually the could make it pay to play without reprogramming by using a login filter that of course wouldn't allow free access to the game it would be pay or nothing outside of maybe a free promotional trial period.

It would basically allow you to login after paying those who decided not to pay would no longer be able to access the site.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, Disney parks were paying the initial tab. After they stopped paying (they no longer were using VMK for advertising, remember the closing of VMK Central?) VMK was struggling to remain afloat, they made ever attempt to try and keep it going, as far as I have heard.

I doubt writing Disney Parks would help, they paid for it out of an advertising budget during that time period and have moved on, with their advertising, in other areas. I'm still not sure why Disney Online didn't want to pick it up as a pay for play game. With it's own advertising and merchandise it would catch up to other on line games as a viable business venture. I'm not sure about the contract with Sulake, but they claim that Disney shut VMK down and not them.

The exclusive contract Sulake has with Paramount is for product placement in Habbo Hotel. I don't think that would effect Disney using the Sulake software for VMK.
    Last edited by Patricia; 04-22-2008 at 12:14 PM.
    I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, Disney parks were paying the initial tab. After they stopped paying (they no longer were using VMK for advertising, remember the closing of VMK Central?) VMK was struggling to remain afloat, they made ever attempt to try and keep it going, as far as I have heard.

I doubt writing Disney Parks would help, they paid for it out of an advertising budget during that time period and have moved on, with their advertising, in other areas. I'm still not sure why Disney Online didn't want to pick it up as a pay for play game. With it's own advertising and merchandise it would catch up to other on line games as a viable business venture. I'm not sure about the contract with Soluke, but they claim that Disney shut VMK down and not them.
    I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way.

Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately, I think at this point there is no way VMK could possibly stick around. I've realized this, that's why I stopped complaining, signing the petitions, etc and have instead decided to use my time to enjoy VMK for the little amout of time I have left with it.
    Chris
    "WDWizard"

Last Trip: Disney's Hollywood Studios/Blizzard Beach June 2008

Next Trip: Not anytime soon. Been there, seen it all, have too many t-shirts.

Post Thanks / Like

well the reality part of my brain says VMK is done and there is no hope but the emotional side aprt of brain is still holding out a little hope.
    Jeff (aka JPL)
    Former VMK alias figgiefig
    Intercot Staff
    Disney Tech - Software, Games & Web
    The Locker Room
    Disney Vacation Club

[email protected]

"Remember it all started with a Mouse"

Post Thanks / Like

I am so with you on this on JP. I don't want it to end but realize it must. Don't think it has really hit me yet, it might not until i log in and nothing happens.

Quote Originally Posted by JPL View Post
    well the reality part of my brain says VMK is done and there is no hope but the emotional side aprt of brain is still holding out a little hope.
    Melinda - Greet each day with a smile

Post Thanks / Like

I think i'm there too. Initially it hit hard, but that has worn off and am just enjoying it for as long as I can. It will hit hard again when I type in vmk.com and it isn't there.
    Karen/SparkleMeTink
    "That's me: wife, mother, superhero...I'm sure you can relate" - Mrs Incredible

"All you need is Faith, Trust and a little Pixie Dust"

1999 - Dixie Landing
    2005 - All Star Sports

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: