Quantcast Toy Story Mania! Preview Schedule, Reports, Pictures, & Video [Merged Thread] - Page 4

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Post Thanks / Like

After missing out on day #2 of the AP preview all day, once by only one ride vehicle, we made it in to see the new ride today. I won't say more about the ride as why re-invent the wheel. What I will say is that my girls LOVED it!!!

They are now 6 and 7, are fond of Toy Story, do not play many video games, and have played with many of the toys and board games you see in the line as well as through the ride.

My opinion is that the ride itself fills a void in the DHS park. The frustrating part of DHS for us is timing. You know, going from show to show and what to do in between. The princesses are not yet able to go to TOT or RnR, even Indiana Jones is a bit loud for them. So what do you do for the hour in between Beauty and the Beast and Playhouse Disney when you've already stalked the playground for a hour earlier?

Midway Mania will fit the bill nicely. It's not a show, but a ride and to them an exciting one.
    It was simple enough for them to understand what to do and to have fun doing it, but challenging enough for me to really try at something other than beating my previous time for a diaper change in a Disney bathroom (twins are not quite two, diapers changes have to be fast!)

2 thumbs up from this mom of four princesses and most importantly the older two princesses highly enjoyed the ride and look forward to riding it again soon!
    Wife of one Handsome Prince
    Mother to Ariel, Tinker Bell, and twin Mulans

Planning is half the fun!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Question

Question: What about people that can't see 3-D? DH is legally blind (very blurry) in one eye, so can't see 3-D. During a typical 3-D movie, the screen is blurry without the glasses. Will he enjoy the ride, or will it be blurry? He loves the Buzz Lightyear ride. He goes to 3-D shows for me and DD, but this ride would be his genre and I'd want him to enjoy it and be able to do the games!

Salisbury, Md 14 hours, 21 minutes or 903.36 miles From Disney
    Post Thanks / Like

does he wear glasses for that eye? why can't he put the ride glasses on over his? would that help take some of the blur away?
    șoș Josette șoș
    ~*~Next up~*~
    November 2015
    Surprise trip(Pop Century)

Just because I cannot see it, doesn't mean I can't believe it! -Jack Skellington

Post Thanks / Like

Legally blind means that although it's not totally sightless, it's so blurry that you can't use that eye to see with. Glasses don't help.

Wearing the 3-D glasses may reduce the blurriness for him, but without both sides he doesn't get the images in "mid-air." I'm wondering if you have to see the 3-D effects to hit the targets, or if you have to wear the glasses at all?

Post Thanks / Like

He'd still have to wear the glasses, or he'd see a double and blurred image. Even though with one eye, he wouldn't see 3-d, it would sharpen up the images for him.

Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're NOT out to get you!

Post Thanks / Like

Default toy story mania preview still going?

does anyone know if the preview for the new toy story mania ride will still be going on for annual passholders anytime during this thursday the 15th thru the 18? thanks!
    POR 10/13, DL Hotel 9/13, Poly 1/13
    CB 10/12
    Poly 1/12
    POR 10/11
    POFQ 5/11
    Poly 1/11
    GF 11/10
    POFQ 5/10
    Poly 1/10
    WL 10/09
    WL 6/09
    AKL1/09
    CB 7/08
    CS 5/08
    Pop 4/08
    CB 10/07 &12/07
    Yacht Club 07
    POFQ 06
    POFQ 05
    POR 04
    ASM 03
    ASM 00
    AS Movies 99
    OffSite 97
    AS Sports 96

Post Thanks / Like

How about wearing the glasses, with an eye patch on the blurry eye? Then he would at least get a single image, with the other image blocked out.
    joelk,
    Disney Transport Driver

wandering around a freezer somewhere below POTC in NOS
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baby minnie's mommy View Post
    Question: What about people that can't see 3-D? DH is legally blind (very blurry) in one eye, so can't see 3-D. During a typical 3-D movie, the screen is blurry without the glasses. Will he enjoy the ride, or will it be blurry? He loves the Buzz Lightyear ride. He goes to 3-D shows for me and DD, but this ride would be his genre and I'd want him to enjoy it and be able to do the games!
    Without glasses, the image would be blurry to anyone- you're looking at a double image.

3-D glasses work by polarizing the image so that the projected left eye image only is seen by the left eye, and the right eye image only goes to the right eye. Your husband should still wear the glasses, but he'll only see the image through his good eye, and it will be in 2D.

Will he still be able to play the games? Yes although it may be a little more difficult since there will be the lack of depth to judge distances, but he'll still be able to track his shots and adjust the cannon accordingly to the left, or right- the experience would be like playing a game on a regular TV set in 2D.

The suggestion to wear a patch to cover over the blurry eye is a good one if the blurry eye causes a distraction.

Post Thanks / Like

My Mom, a CM, and my Dad, an AP, have forgone their previews to ride it with me first when we go down in July.. now thats love
    '94-DVC OKW * '94-'96 OKW * '97 OKW, BWV * '98 OKW, DI * '99 OKW, FW * '00 OKW, VB * '01 OKW,Y&BC,BWV * '02 SSR * '03-'05 OKW*2006 BWV,AKL*'07 OKW * '08 AKV, SSR * '10 BLT * '11 BLT Next: 03/13 WL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KineGirl View Post
    My Mom, a CM, and my Dad, an AP, have forgone their previews to ride it with me first when we go down in July.. now thats love
    That's sweet! It's so much more fun to share a ride for the first time and experience it all together!

In regards to my previous question - Do you aim at 3-D images or 2-D? That might be the deciding factor.
    Thanks for all the replies!

Post Thanks / Like

It is all 3-D, the images you aim at some appear closer and some further. I have a sister blind in one eye, so I understand all your questions. As you go through the ride, the places you "shoot" are screens that have mid-way type video games in 3-D. I would say give it a try and hopefully he'll be able to see it well enough to play and enjoy without the 3-D.
    Wife of one Handsome Prince
    Mother to Ariel, Tinker Bell, and twin Mulans

Planning is half the fun!

wandering around a freezer somewhere below POTC in NOS
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baby minnie's mommy View Post
    In regards to my previous question - Do you aim at 3-D images or 2-D? That might be the deciding factor.
    Thanks for all the replies!
    For all purposes if you're using only 1 eye, it will be like playing the game in 2D.

The images and gameplay is in 3D but let me explain- the illusion of 3D and depth is created from having 2 images projected, one to each eye.

As images appear closer to you, the measured side by side distance between the two images projected is increased to a certain point. As an object appears to be further away, the images converge towards each other to a practical limit. Stereoscopic images fall off at I think it's roughly 20 feet of depth.

So if you're looking at say a dart flying away from you, the 2 separate left and right eye images of a dart begin to converge together towards the target. If you're looking at the image through only one eye, you'll see the dart still travel towards the target and can aim and make adjustments as necessary (miss the target to the left and your shot will still appear to drift off to the left).

What probably is more of a factor with aiming in either case is which eye is your dominant eye when shooting at a target and your dominant eye does not necessarily correlate to whether you're right or left handed.

However, even when shooting with your non-dominant eye the human brain quickly learns to compensate for aiming.

Also there are subtle clues like how figures are shaded which assist with the perception of depth which help with the illusion of depth which make the games playable for those lacking binocular vision.

Post Thanks / Like

To both of you, that was very helpful! I guess I'm concerned about it because we typically do things at the parks that are appropriate for DD age 3. (In other words we haven't used baby swap yet.) Which means DHS is more limited for us. So...a visit to DHS would be specifically for the benefit of a few rides, and I didn't want to go just to be disappointed.

Sounds like he'll enjoy this ride. He's excellent with his aim in everything else (he always beats me hands down at Buzz!) - it's the 3-D element that had me unsure. But from the description now I think he'll be fine!

Post Thanks / Like

I know I've asked this a few times before, but I'll ask again in case anyone has any new information. Any chance this thing will be open Memorial Day weekend? I am so excited to try it out!
    The poster formerly known as Disney_nut

Last Trip: 5/11 -- Swan

Next Trip: 10/11 -- Port Orleans - Riverside

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, very busy....detailed to the max! Were leaving next Friday, so maybe there's a chance of seeing a preview?
    Going back: May 23, 2008!!!

Post Thanks / Like

We just came back for the world and Toy Story was suppose to have a soft opening on May 15.
    It was cancelled do to major technical problems. They said it should open by the end of May. DS a CP was able to ride it during the CM preview. He rode a few times. He worked at Magic of Animation. He liked it and was looking forward to riding it again before he left. Maybe they will work it all out and it will open sooner. Good luck.
    Enjoy your day!
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!

Post Thanks / Like

Arrow

**Preview Schedule Updated**

Post Thanks / Like

All I know is, I cannot wait to ride this attraction in October...
    Son of Jor-El.. Kneel before Zod...

TRICIA JONES: I heard that you were going to propose to Brandi Svenning at some theme park. When are men going to learn that women want ROMANCE, not Mr. Toad's Wild Ride...

BRODIE: Hey, now, be fair. EVERYONE wants Mr. Toad's Wild Ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Right now, we're planning to be at Disney's Hollywood Studios on May 24 and possibly again the morning of May 26. Hopefully, we can pass by the attraction when it's running one of those days.

Post Thanks / Like

Right now, we're planning to be at Disney's Hollywood Studios on May 24 and possibly again the morning of May 26. Hopefully, we can pass by the attraction when it's running one of those days.