Quantcast Dining at Universal Resort

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dining at Universal Resort

Hi all! We are planning an upcoming trip to WDW and Universal and I needed some Info. on dining at Universal. Can anyone recommend some places. We will be traveling with three kids 1, 4, and 9 (two boys and a girl). I have made reservations for the character breakfast at Confisco and also found out any additional reservations will have to wait until 30 days prior to our trip. We have been to Universal one other time but it has been awhile ago. We did go to Mythos and Lombards on our last trip and enjoyed them. Any recommendations for in the parks or Citywalk would be very appreciated.
    I had one other question regarding parking at RPR (where we will be staying). We will be camping at Fort Wilderness prior to our Universal stay and will have our pop up camper in tow when we go to RPR. I didn't know if they would allow us to park and leave the camper still attached (as we don't plan to drive while at RPR). I know there is a $14 charge for nightly parking so we may have to pay more in addition due to the camper. Anyone ever had to park their camper etc. at the universal resorts? I will give Universal a call to check but just wondered how much of a hassle this might be. Thanks so much for any info./suggestions you can provide.
    Tammy

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

There is a really fantastic restaurant at Portofino Bay called Mama Della's. Really great Italian food.

Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville is good too! Really great "cheeseburgers in paradise!"

Post Thanks / Like

We love Emeril's Tchoup Chop at the Royal Pacific resort. They have a lunch menu and a good kids menu as well. It's pricey but an excellent meal. We also like Jimmy Buffets in Citywalk as recommended above.
    Trips: Too Many to Count! Last Trips: April 2013 CSR; July 2013 Aloha Aulani, The Sequel, Hawaii. Multiple trips to WDW, DL, DCL!

Coming up: September 2013 "Scary September" at Disneyland/DCA/Universal Hollywood.

Proud DVC Members since 2004!

Post Thanks / Like

I would like to bump this up because I have the same concern on the popup camper. We will be staying at RPR first and then camping at Fort Wilderness. Still working out the details on our June 2009 trip. Thanks to all in advance.

I just called RPR and asked them about parking in their lot with the camper attached and the front desk told me"No Problem, we would just have you pull around back", so that part of the question is answered.
    R J Murphy

Post Thanks / Like

We like Finnegans in the studio. The Hard Rock takes reservations online 30 days prior. We love going to Universal but their dinning reservation system stinks. It's unorganized and you get a different answer to your questions each time you call
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

We love Finnegan's at the Studios too. The soda bread is fantastic (and I don't like soda bread!). The mini meat pie appetizer is fantastic too. We always eat at Finnegan's at September to take a break from Halloween Horror Nights. We have had trouble making reservations in Sept., because it's never crowded and the restaurant doesn't seem to want to take them. Usually, now we just show up and are accommodated instantly or with a minimum wait of 5 min.

The dining reservation system IS very unorganized at Universal, and the operators can be quite rude. I've called Finnegan's directly and gotten better results.
    '85-Disney Village Hilton; '87-Poly; '88-Day Trip-Disneyland; '89-GF; '94-GF; '97-ASMu; '98-Dixielandings; '02-CBR; '03-Offsite; '03-ASMo; '04-WL; '04-Offsite; '05-POFQ; '06-POFQ; '08-POP; '09-POP; '11-POP; '13-Day Trip-HS; Up next: Oct. '14-Day Trip-MK

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mfarquar View Post
    The dining reservation system IS very unorganized at Universal, and the operators can be quite rude. I've called Finnegan's directly and gotten better results.
    This is exactly how I feel! Love Universal but they need to get it together when it comes to dining reservations.
    Rita (aka NJGIRL)

Post Thanks / Like

Another for Margarita ville in Citywalk. The kids might enjoy the excitment when the "volcano blows" . ( if they still do that, it been awhile)
    Mar'14 DCL..Nov '13 POP..Jan '13 CBR..Mar'12 Swan/Dolphin..Nov '11 Universal/legoland, one night @ WDW..Oct '10 POP..April '09 Swan/Dolphin..Jan '09 AKL..Apr'08 offsite..Jan/Feb '08 offsite..Dec '08 HiltonHeadResort..Oct '07 Pop.. July '07 VB..May '07 DCL.Oct '06 FtWcabins.May '06 POP.Jan '06 POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

I love the basic dining resturant at Royal Pacific in universal (it's not emerils T'chop) for breakfast. I'm normally not a big fan of breakfast buffets but this one is REALLY good. I think it's called the Islander or something like that. It's in the Royal Pacific.

On citywalk my DS and I love the Nascar Cafe. I love the Pitstop Pasta and DS loves the big basket of Popcorn shrimp.

I haven't eaten at Margaritaville but it smells very good.

Inside the parks the food is just pretty ordinary to me. Except my DS LOVES the lemon cakes.
    Have no clue 1983
    Days Inn 1992
    Value Movies 2002
    Value Music 2003
    Value Movies 2004
    DisneyLand 2005
    Value Pop July 2006
    Coronodo Springs 2008

Post Thanks / Like

I love Bubba Gump's at CityWalk. Also, the Italian place (Pastamore?) is very good. Most times when I have been there I have been able to walk right up and get a table with minimum wait.

I agree with the other poster that said the park food is just okay. I even ate at the Mytho's restaurant that touts being voted the #1 theme park restaurant. It was all right, but it didn't knock my socks off.

Have fun!
    John/kmo84

Post Thanks / Like

......let me add another.... ....for Margaritaville. We had a really great meal there...and loved the atmosphere. Best part of it all was that we didn't have reservations...and walked right in with NO wait!!
    April '04- POP
    "Jersey Week" '04 - ASM
    "Jersey Week" '05- POP
    "Jersey Week" '06- POP
    "Jersey Week"'07- DCL & POP
    "Jersey Week" '08- POP
    Dec '09- Jan '10- POP
    Aug-Sept '10- POP
    Aug-Sept '11- POP
    Aug-Sept '12- POP
    Aug-Sept '13- POP
    Aug '17 - POP

Post Thanks / Like

Another vote for both Finnegan's and Margaritaville.

The coconut shrimp at Margaritaville and even the volcano spewing out margaritas are awesome! I really enjoyed the Shepherd's Pie at Finnegans, too.
    DW of lotrfan
    Offsite - '81-'86
    DL - '89, '97, '05
    POFQ - '94, '95
    FW - '96
    POR - '98, '01
    CBR - '08 (Honeymoon)
    AsMo - '09 (Princess 5K & 1st Anniversary)
    DCL - Dec. '11 (30th b-day gift)

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: