Thursday, April 24, 2008

Today we are leaving for home. We said since we were out a little late last night that we would take our time getting ready. Well I’m up at the crack of dawn and leave a message on Jim’s door saying I’m off taking pictures. We pack up the car and take off around 9:15am or so and head for Epcot.

When we arrive we head over towards Test Track, get a Fast Pass & jump in line. They are adding extra cars to the track so we wait a little longer. Get some photos of inside the pre-show area. From there we thought that maybe we could get an ADR for lunch at Biergarten before we have to leave to go to the airport. We make our way over to Guest Relations where we score a 1:10pm reservation.

From there we head over to ride Living with the Land. Jim has never ridden this ride and thoroughly enjoys it. We then go over to Nemo & Friends, but bypass the ride. I find a Hidden Mickey.

We wander over to see Figment, but the ride is down, we go into the gift shop and see why the ride is done. Out comes a stretcher with a gentleman and at least 4 or 5 EMTs. We move out of the way quickly.

When we come out it’s pretty close to 11am and we make our way over toward World Showcase. Today we start over in Mexico, since it’s not quite 11am they have the pavilion roped off. We get to the rope drop in Norway and make our way to China. We see Reflections of China, a first for the both of us. Then slowly make our way around World Showcase, stopping and check out the various stores. We make it over to France and see the movie as well. From there we wander back to Germany and wait outside until we check in for our ADR. We are seated with another couple who really don’t talk too much, but neither do Jim & I so that’s okay. We have a good lunch and also get to see Oktoberfest.

After lunch we are pretty much World Showcased out. We make our way to Mouse Gear for last minute shopping. Then out to the car.

We drive over to Downtown Disney, we check out Westside a little bit but more or less want to go over to the Marketplace. We check out World of Disney and also Team Disney. From there we are more or less done shopping. We decide just to take our time and go back to the airport. We arrive 3 hours early but that’s okay we spend the time having something for dinner at Nathan’s and then look at each other’s pictures. The 3 hours actually went by pretty fast.

Our flight is on time and we arrive back in Michigan before 11pm. Another great trip to Walt Disney World.