Quantcast Most Magical Anniversary Trip - Day Three - 5/1/08

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Most Magical Anniversary Trip - Day Three - 5/1/08

5/1/08 - Day Three

After getting around in good time for once, we were off and ready to go to Epcot. We have special memories with Epcot since it was the first park that Matt ever visited and the first that we ever experienced together. There were new things we wanted to try and see in Epcot this year and we were so excited to get there early enough to get them all done quickly.
    Yeah, I built that up too much, huh? Well, I think we’ve officially jinxed ourselves with the busses. The first day we said that the busses were going so quickly and efficiently. We kept talking them up. Then we hit the downhill slope. It took 25 minutes for an Epcot bus to arrive and our goal of getting there early to hit up Soarin’ first thing just wasn’t in the cards. Crowds up the whazoo! We zipped our little room keys into the machine on the far right side. Yes, it’s important to mention this because far too many people go to the turnstile right in the middle. There are ones way on the left and way on the right as well people! I wish I could help hoard them away from the center because it causes such crowds.

DH and I actually JOGGED up to the right rope drop, closest to The Land Pavilion. We were maybe 3 rows behind the rope which was pretty good considering how late we got there. Once the rope dropped and we were able to walk forward with the CMs to The Land Pavilion, Matt and I weaseled our way up to being right behind the row of CM’s. The key is to zig zag. If you see an empty space, put your body in it. Keep filling in the crowd and always be one step ahead of everyone else’s moves. It also helps to know where you can get cut off by the crowd and just avoid those places. Another tip… once you’re headed around the corner on the second floor of The Land, you have to chose, stairs or escalator. Always choose stairs because you can move faster and move around people because the steps are wider. If you get behind slower folks that don’t walk down the escalator there is no way that you can get around them so you’ll just end up having to go at their pace. Anyways… enough of that. We were the second guests admitted through the Soarin’ turnstiles which felt really good after running so late. The ride was AWESOME as usual…. No matter how much I don’t want to hold on… I have to. I just think about “what if” my seat fell. I’d want to be holding on – wouldn’t you?

Once out of there we were on our way over to Test Track when we walked by Character Connection and it seemed to **** us in. We got lots of shots pretty quickly and then we were out. Off to Test Track but with a 30 minute wait we decided to Fastpass it and hit Ellen’s Energy Adventure in the mean time. This was a first for Matt but he liked it because it involved Dinosaurs. Does anyone else remember the days when you could sit on the floor in the pre-show room and not get yelled at? Well, judging by a CM’s reaction to me plopping down on the floor… I’m guessing those days are over. We were kindly asked to plop down on an empty bench instead. Test track time came and we got on pretty quickly once in line. After that we waited for the World Showcase to open at 11. We were really hungry already and wanted to try some food that we hadn’t had before. After searching through most of the countries and reading the counter-service menus…. We settled on trying Tangerine Café. I was nervous about trying vegetarian food that I’m not familiar with but I was shocked at how awesome the Tabulah Wrap was. I could eat that for every meal! Matt and I both shared this and it was plenty. They must have known I was coming because they also gave me a cup of olives. I LOVE OLIVES. We walked back the same way we just came through the World Showcase and wanted to try something else since we only bought one meal technically. It would cost us the same in the long run and we’d get to try more food. We hit up Cantina De San Angel. Or should I call it … yummy Mexican food for us? We got a vegetarian wet burrito. When ordering that we learned that that is considered a bean burrito and is only about 4 dollars. Sweet! It was awesome and we were really stuffed at that point. On our way out of Epcot we did what I had been waiting months and months to do – Spaceship Earth. Matt’s first ride ever at Walt Disney World. All in all, the updates weren’t as bad as I had heard. I think Dame Judi Dench did a great job and that’s what I was most worried about, honestly. I didn’t think anyone else could make me feel all warm and tingly when seeing our “Spaceship Earth” as our cars rotated. The end was very funny with the pictures deal. We loved our house we built. I will say that they are lucky it was so entertaining because there was nothing else to look at. They took it all away. Even my favorite part of where the music gets all futuristic and you travel through that tunnel of lights. I will always miss that.

Matt and I were going to just head straight to Downtown Disney from Epcot but we couldn’t find a bus that went straight there!! Oh no! We ended up having to take a bus to a resort and transferring from there. We went to Coronado Springs since we thought about staying there on our next vacation and we wanted to check it out. Getting a bus to come to Epcot for Coronado Springs was a pain in itself. Once we were on I swear we had the slowest driver in history. Once at Coronado we got off at El Centro and waited for a DTD bus to show up. Yeah…. That took about 25 minutes. Crazy! DH and I had ressies for Fulton’s at 3:10 p.m. but after walking around for a bit and me talking about Earl of Sandwich non-stop… we cancelled our ADR’s at Fulton’s and hit up Earl of Sandwich for an early dinner. We both loved it and can’t wait to go back.

DH and I wanted to swim since it was pretty hot that day. The Pop pool really did the trick. After our dip, we headed to MK where we got a FP for BTMR. While waiting we went on Pirates again but this time… it was a terrible experience. We had people in front and people in back of us that were taking flash photos. That really ruins the ride. About ¼ of the way through, DH said out loud, “I don’t think there’s flash photography on this ride.” That didn’t stop them. After about ¾ of the way through, the man in front of me turned around, put his shoulder over the back of the seat, hit me in the knee with his huge elbow, and then snapped photos right in my husband’s face. Yeah!! !!! Matt, again, said loudly “thanks!” I nudged him so he would keep his mouth shut. I didn’t want to see him brawl with anyone let alone in front of Jack Sparrow. BTMR was great and it really is the wildest ride in the wilderness!! Matt said he was hungry again (yes, that’s Matt) so I told him where he could find the best veggie burger. Pecos Bills! We liked the new quick service machines a lot and it made things go much quicker. I wanted to walk over to Tomorrowland to try the noodle station. I got the tofu noodle bowl. I thought the tofu was good and so was the broth but the noodles were dry and Matt ate the mushrooms and said they were dry as well. Oh well… I got about half of that in my tummy before I was done and we decided to leave MK. It was quite busy and since the sun was going down, more people came in to see the nighttime shows.
    Our day ended with me writing out postcards in bed while Matt fell asleep. We ate a lot of food and told ourselves that we couldn’t keep spending money like that on food. Since we cancelled our Fulton’s ressie we talked ourselves into booking Kona Café for the following morning. Oh oh! Tonga toast, here I come!!!

Link to Day Three Pictures
    http://s183.photobucket.com/albums/x...008/May%201st/
    -Stacey

"There is a natural hootchy-kootchy motion to a goldfish.”

"To all who come to this happy place, welcome." -Walter Elias Disney

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Another great day, altho I felt your pain on the Pirates ride. How rude! Hope you guys rode it again without having flashes go off every five seconds! All of your food sounds yummy. There's nothing like snacking around the world! Thanks for sharing!
    Lisa
    Multiple visits over Multiple years
    30 plus stays at Disney's Polynesian resort

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Tough day with the busses!
    Looks like you two had a great day despite the transportation issues.
    Great pics by the way, enjoying your reports.
    Thanks for posting.
    Eric
    Resorts:
    POLYNESIAN (Favorite), Grand Floridian, Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs. Beach Club, Saratoga Springs, AoA, All Star Sports and POP Century

Post Thanks / Like

sounds like one busy fun day!! you really managed to get alot in today..even with waiting awhile for some buses..lol..
    *bRiTTaNy*
    35 trips to WDW already...
    May 2012 - Daughters first trip - one bedroom Villa at Wilderness Lodge
    Sept 2012 - Pirate room at CBR
    Dec 2014 - SSR -second daughters first trip and my older daughters 5th Birthday!!

Post Thanks / Like

What a great day you both had! Loved the pictures too!! Thanks for sharing! Can't wait to read more!
    M°o°nica

Prepare to Shake..Rattle & Roll!
    Freeway Construction Ahead Take Atl. Route.Traffic Jammed.Drive Safely Detour Ahead..get ready to ROCK! All lanes open.SO FLOOR IT! Car Pool lanes open..WIDE OPEN - RnRC

Next Up: Oct 28 - Nov 7th!

N' Awlin's girl born & raised

Post Thanks / Like

Yup! As you found out, there are no buses that travel to or from the parks and Downtown Disney. This always requires a stop at a resort.

How did you like Coronado Springs? I've really enjoyed staying at this resort.

We had to speak to people on Pirates about pictures as well!

Sounds like your Soarin strategy worked very well!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Great reports and pics so far! I only have one problem... your love of olives
    WDW Newbie - First time will be Sept. 10-17, '08 @ POP!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by faline View Post
    How did you like Coronado Springs? I've really enjoyed staying at this resort.
    We really didn't get to see a whole lot of it which bummed me out. We really want to stay there someday but we'd like to have time to look around and get an idea if we like it or not. I want to see the pool!!! We just sat at the bus stop and waited for our DTD bus.
    -Stacey

Post Thanks / Like

Another good day!

P.S.--- The CMs would have been fishing for that camera!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the reports Stacey! There great and so are your pics! Sounds like you guys had some problems riding POTC and enjoying it! I hope you got to ride it again with everything working and without rude people!!
    Melissa

4/87 offsite, 3/05 AKL, 10/06 WL, 3/08 GF, 1/09 WL, 3/09 Poly, 10/09 SSR, 1/10 AKV, 10/10 BLT, 12/10 AKV, 2/11 Poly, 5/11 BCV, 10/11 BLT, 12/11 WL, 5/12 1st Cruise on the Dream & BWV, 10/12 BLT!

"...That's the real trouble with the world, too many people grow up." Walt Disney

Post Thanks / Like

Stacey, those are some awesome pictures. Thanks for sharing. But the Pirates ride guy, he would have been accidentally hit in the back of the head with my bag as I jumped up to get out of the boat.

Oops, I'm sorry, did I just hit you?
    Kristen and Ben
    Next - 8/7-15 @ OKW w/Kakn7294 & Taylor & Joline; 12/16 Disney Wonder&12/19 SSR; July '10 @ VWL w/Kakn7294 - Nursing School Graduation Party ; Aug '11 Disney Dream; F&WF '11
    DVC Owners @ SSR & AKV & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Stacey, I love the pics, thanks for sharing. I really enjoy reading your reports!
    Danielle

First Trip: April 1977
    Last Trip:- June 15-June 27 BLT and Vero Beach
    Next Trip: June 20-30 Vero Beach

pogo Guest

This sounded like another great day, minus the bus issue !

I love the photo's too !

Got to read more.

Post Thanks / Like

What a busy day! You guys made the most of your time!! Off to the next day....
    DW of lotrfan
    Offsite - '81-'86
    DL - '89, '97, '05
    POFQ - '94, '95
    FW - '96
    POR - '98, '01
    CBR - '08 (Honeymoon)
    AsMo - '09 (Princess 5K & 1st Anniversary)
    DCL - Dec. '11 (30th b-day gift)

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome report! You guys are so cute together!

I love your tips on getting through the crowds. I do the same thing... although it's tougher when I have my DDs with me (and DH...). "Come on kids, weave!! No falling behind!"

TikiG
    Many trips from childhood to 2008, WDW/DLP
    8/09: Ultimate Adventurer Trip, WL Concierge/AKL
    6/10: POFQ
    12/10: Mousefan Reunion (Pop)
    8/11, 7/12: AKL Concierge
    10/12: ICOT 15th solo trip (Pop)
    4/13: Pop
    7/13: Hilton Bonnet Creek
    7/14: 3 nights at BLT
    12/14: US, IOA, and WDW

Post Thanks / Like

Bus issues aside, sounds like a fun and tiring day! The best kind to have at WDW! Thanks for sharing.
    Donna
    Intercot Staff

My father's name was Ferdinand, my mama's name was Liza, they didn't know what to call me so they called me Ferdiliza!
    Billy Hill and the Hillbillies - "I'm OK!"

Please support INTERCOT'S wonderful sponsers!

Post Thanks / Like

Great report. Sorry about your bad experience on POTC. I think I have only been on it once where someone wasn't taking flash photography. It is really annoying.
    What are the quick service machines? Do you put your own order in and then slide your card? Just curious.
    Your pics are great. I gotta try a Dole Whip on my next trip.
    LIZ
    Disneyland-Too many times to count
    WDW
    APRIL 2005 - Offsite
    DECEMBER 2006 - Fort Wilderness
    OCTOBER 2007-Saratoga Springs Resort
    SEPTEMBER 2009-OKW

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by laward32 View Post
    What are the quick service machines? Do you put your own order in and then slide your card? Just curious.
    Your pics are great. I gotta try a Dole Whip on my next trip.
    They are just a basic machine thats about at waist level. You just push the screen for what you want and then you can add or subtract items from the menu. It's really quick. You just slide your debit/credit card in the slot and take it back out. Then you walk up to the counter like normal and they give you your food. I can see these becoming a trend!

You really should try the dole whip. It's my favorite desert in all of WDW.

Quote Originally Posted by TikiGoddess View Post
    I love your tips on getting through the crowds. I do the same thing... although it's tougher when I have my DDs with me (and DH...). "Come on kids, weave!! No falling behind!"
    Sounds like we'd make quite a team!! haha

Quote Originally Posted by dolphinmickey9170 View Post
    Stacey, those are some awesome pictures. Thanks for sharing. But the Pirates ride guy, he would have been accidentally hit in the back of the head with my bag as I jumped up to get out of the boat.

Oops, I'm sorry, did I just hit you?
    hahaha! Oh, I was tempted. Trust me. My husband went up to the CM running the ride at the end and asked quite loudly if flash photography is aloud on the ride. The CM just said "well, technically, no." We're both hoping that the annoying couple in front of us heard.
    -Stacey

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Thanks for the report!
    ºoº David, Lisa, Aaron and Allison
    98-PO
    00-CB & ASMo
    01-Swan
    02-CS
    03-POR
    04-POP
    05-PO / CR
    07-PO / CR
    08-ASMu
    09-AKL
    10-CR, CS & PP DL
    11-NB DLP & SSR
    12-BLT & BLT
    13-GC DL & BLT
    15-Aulani & BLT
    16-ASMu & GC DL
    17-BWI, THV, CSR, BLT
    18-BLT, OKW, OKW, CBR, GF & BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Another great day!! I am so glad that Matt enjoyed Epcot!! It may be my favorite park all together. Of course, I love to eat, so that may have something to do with it!!
    John (aka HndrdPrcnt)

DL CM 1987 - 1994
    CM WDW Trips 87,89,90,92
    CBR 1994
    Beach Club 1998
    All Stars 2000
    POP Sept 25-Oct 2 2006

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: