We are set to sail in just a few days. I feel like we are mostly prepared...primarily due to the wealth of information found here. Thanks again to all who share their wisdom with those of us who are new to Disney cruising.

The part that still has me nervous is the check in process. Our group is traveling by car, two actually. We are staying at a hotel near the port who lets you park there for free while on the cruise.

My plan is to take the wife, two kids (2 & 5), parents, sister-in-law, and two nephews (3 & 6) over in the cars, drop them off along with the luggage, and my brother and I go park the cars at the hotel. We'll take a cab or the hotel shuttle back over to the port.

What happens after that? Does my family wait in the terminal with the luggage until we catch up with them? Are there check in things they can do before we get there? They'll have more luggage than they can handle by themselves and four young children to keep up with so I don't anticipate they'll be able to do much more than hold pat until we get back. I understand that the terminal has some fun stuff like TVs, characters, and a ship model. Is that stuff that the moms can easily do with the kids while the grandparents guard the luggage?

I would feel more settled if I could prepare everyone for what to expect so they aren't overwhelmed with luggage, kids, lines, crowds, etc. without me and my brother around to help.

Any help is appreciated.

tr